Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Soli Baris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lady_Jedi_Knight.png

Name: Soli Baris
Loyalties: The Galactic Republic/The Jedi Order
Role: Head of Security at the Jedi Shadow Enclave.
Development Threads: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/46794-seek-and-ye-shall-find/
Species: Human
Force-Sensitive: Soli Baris is a Jedi Padawan and is therefore Force Sensitive. However, her ability to use the force is hampered and she relies most heavily on the secretive skills she has learned from the Shadows, namely Kian Karr. The Shadows have taught her force stealth, as well as non-force related skills such as slicing, picking locks, and the finer art of espionage such as creating false identities and keeping cool under pressure.
Appearance: See above photo.
Personality: Soli is a caring person, fully dedicated to the Jedi Order and to the Jedi Shadows. She tends to be very rules oriented and follows protocol at all times. This sometimes gets in the way of her Shadow duties. She is sarcastic and judgmental at times, but never malicious.
Weapon of Choice: She caries a single lightsaber with a violet blade. She is a novice with the weapon and currently working on improving her skills under the tutelage of Kian Karr and various other Masters/Knights of the Order.
Wealth: She has nothing. She was born into poverty and lived on the streets for most of her younger years being picked up by the Jedi when she was 8 years old. She has street smarts from this time.
Combat Function: In combat, Soli Baris would likely hang back, issuing intelligence to the fighting units around her. Any involvement in combat would be limited, and she would likely fight from the shadows, striking when least expected. In a direct fight she is currently fairly weak, being young and small.
Skills: Soli has very limited ability with the force. She will likely never achieve more then a Knighthood and that is even a stretch. Abilities that come easy to many padawans, such as telekinesis, meditation, force leap and force speed, are choirs for the young girl. Where she excels is in her ability to remain undetected. Her life on the streets gave her these skills, coupled with force stealth, she can remain fairly undetected when she wishes to be. Her skill is advanced enough in stealth that she could easily hide from other padawans and less skilled Knights.

[member="Quietus"]

I've added the skills. Really the only force skill she is proficient in is force stealth, but she has learned a number of skills from the Shadows that are non-force related. Slicing computers/terminals, picking locks, creating false identities, staying cool under pressure, and a number of other espionage related skills.

Thank you for the clarification.

What is her proficiency in Force Stealth?

I would assume as a Padawan, she would still be able to be found-out by well-attuned Knights and Masters?

[member="Kian Karr"]

[member="Quietus"]

Yes, her skill is advanced compared to other padawans and she would likely be able to hide from some newer Knights, but more adept Knights and Masters would be able to detect her, if they were actively searching.

I've edited the submission to indicate this.

Alright.

Last question -

Does the fact that she's 13 years old and head of Security at the Jedi Shadow Enclave not strike you as ... unusual? I could understand on the security team, under training, but Head of Security strikes me, personally, as odd and out of place. I'd just like to know your reasoning behind this.

[member="Kian Karr"]

[member="Quietus"]

There are a number of reasons I made her a young padawan. Namely:

(1) It shows the extraordinary nature of her character that she is head of security at only 13
(2) Most of the security inside the Enclave is handled by droids and computerized security systems that require little aid (i.e., most of her duty revolves around handling other noisy Jedi who would be suspicious if a security droid turned them away).
(3) Promising padawans are selected for guard duty as this would draw very little attention, whereas Knights/Masters or external security forces guarding a "Agricorp" building would draw scrutiny and jeopardize the cover of the building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom