Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soldier lost, Transmission found

Space. What a dark, cold place. Silent. Peaceful, undisturbed, indiscriminate. It is the most basic of all things, moreso than atoms, even, for space is the lack of existence. It is the very existence of atoms that causes all chaos that happens in the universe, ever since the beginning of the universe, the Big Bang.

From atoms, came the birth of the stars, planets, water, life. From life, came the Celestials, and the Celestials...

Well, nobody really gives a feth about that, they care about the escape pod drifting through space, after a recent battle in orbit above Christophisis. Currently, Pan'medur was trying to conserve his oxygen levels, as he was close to running low in the pod.He had been drifting for the last two days, doing nothing but twiddling his thumbs, playing pazaak with himself, calibrating and recalibrating his DC-17x sniper rifle, and other miscellaneous things. And to be honest, he was kinda scared.

'I hope that someone friendly finds me, soon...'

[member="Menka Guga"]

[member="Pan'medur"]

"Captain, we are picking up an emergency transmission, what should we do?" The droid asked as the ship was traveling through hyperspace, "We may lose the signal soon, it's on all frequencies."

Menka wasn't very fond of the idea of meeting some stranger, she was weary of anything, considering her bounty and position, but maybe she could help since she had all of her droids now. "Turn to where it's coming from, we'll intercept it."

"Roger that, Captain."

---

They exited hyperspace within range of the pod soon after. "Captain, we are in range, scanners seem to be picking up a... it is an emergency pod."

"Try to reach it on Comms. Hello, is anyone out there?"

"Take the ship over to it, let it drift into the salvaging bay... we don't have any other ways of docking with it." Menka asked, as the Droids confirmed her order and drifted towards the pod... slowly...

[member="Menka Guga"]

The half-starved soldier let a thin-lipped smile cross his features. Fortune, as it seemed, has smiled upon him today. Or misfortune, if its Sith, Imperials, or pirates. If its pirates, he'll fight his way out and back to Alliance space. Sith or Imperials... well, that may pose a problem or two, especially if there's a Sith Lord or an Inquisitor. Either way... he needed food, and water.

When the pod hit the floor of the bay with a loud, metallic 'thunk,' its door slowly opened to reveal a rather malnourished Twi'lek. He was wearing his standard issue GA Trooper armor (Find it in my bio), with the standard paint scheme and energy shield modifications. His DC-17x was slung over his shoulder, and he looked as if he would fall over at any second the way he was standing. And that is pretty much what he did as soon as he stepped forward. He fell, barely catching himself with his hands as he tried to hold himself up, his breathing heavy and ragged.

"Please tell me your not Sith or pirates..." The sniper gasped out to whoever was around him, attempting to slowly rise to his feet, but only succeeding to wear himself out more, ending up with him collapsing onto the floor with a pained groan.

[member="Pan'medur"]

"Make sure the manufacturing room and its hallways are locked down, I don't know who, or what, they are. Give them whatever they need, and ask them where they need to go, okay?"

"Roger that, Captain" the droid spoke up, starting to communicate with the droids in the manufacturing room. Above Pan'medur's head was a large salvaging crane, and behind him, a salvaging plant, which might look horrifying to living people.

"The uh, basic things I ordered before picking him up are down there, right? We can at least be that kind," "Yes Captain, the others are greeting him now"
"Good" she said watching him on a security camera

-----

"Greetings, I am a droid under -Captain Menka Guga's- command. For security purposes, you are locked inside the -Salvaging Bay- which can be opened to space at any time, please do not have us thrown out the airlock with you, we are here to help. You are locked in here until deemed safe by our perimeters." The droid said (all droids are UUD droids from my market place. If you can't find it, I will link them). The other droids brought in a sleeping bag, chair, and table, sitting them down nearby.

"It is not required, but if you would like to meet -Captain Menka Guga-, it is required to relinquish all weapons and armor to any droid for her safety. In regards to your earlier question - No, this crew, the ship, and the Captain are unaffiliated with any organization except the -Corona Service and Salvage- company, who are friendly the Gakactic Alliance, Galactic Republic, and other organizations. Otherwise, at any time, it has been ordered that we give you whatever you need. Do you need food or water?"

[member="Menka Guga"]

Wow, these droids are stupid... where's a medical droid, or just a normal doctor, when you needed one? But nevermind that, he needed to meet the captain of this vessel. Thank him or her for rescuing him an' all, maybe offer a few credits in thanks. Looking up to the, again, stupid droid, he glares at it from behind his helmet.

"I was just drifting for two days without any food or water. What do you think? You should be intelligent enough to figure that out, right?"

He then sets Cecchino (Cheh-key-no. Its Italian for sniper), his main sniper rifle, onto the ground, then his DH-17 was next, followed by a combat knife. Afterwards, he tore off his helmet, still panting for air. His crimson and tattooed skin shined with sweat, and he slowly tried to get back to his feet. But, alas, he could not, he was far too weakened from this.

[member="Pan'medur"]

The droid looked at him with an odd tilt, "We have no idea who you are, what you are, what you do, what you were doing. We are not medical droids, our scanners are built for inspection of materials, not health. Further hostility will warrant we put you back in the pod. We do not have a medical droid onboard, -Corona Service and Salvage- does not have the funds for such an item. We are not special, but hostility to us is hostility to the Captain. I will order sufficient supplements for your condition, but until you have consumed them, and taken a rest, it is still not safe for the Captain to meet you, as determined by your hostility."

The droid motioned to the others to grab his items, "They will be returned to you once you leave this ship, which you can choose at any time. Meanwhile, is there a destination you would like to go?" he asked. It seemed this droid was going to be staying by the twi'leks side the entire time as precautionary, to be the greeter and order-giver to other droids, as well.

Just as things were calming down, another droid walked in with a tray of standard food and a few things of water, sitting it down on the table as two other droids, as careful as possible, attempted to assist the twi'lek up and over to the table and chair.

[member="Menka Guga"]

"Yeah, sorry. I just recently got out of a small skirmish." He nods his thanks to the droids, before diving into the food almost like an animal. He didn't care what it was, how it tasted, or how old it was. All he cared about was that he was hungry, very hungry, and that this food was here for him to eat. He looked around, nodding his consent and thanks again as he all but wolfs the food down.

With another gulp of the last of his water, he takes in a deep breath to calm himself some, slowly rising to his feet and looking to the droids. He wondered who the captain of the ship was. And what was this 'Corona Salvage and Service'? He'll find out soon enough.

"So, when can I meet the captain? I feel I, uh, need to express my thanks. On behalf of the Galactic Alliance, of course."

[member="Pan'medur"]

"The Captain does not need thanks, but she will meet you when we deem security is optimal. That means if we can restrain you, it is safe. You can see how hard that is, right?" The droid said in an almost smart-allic way, but they didn't have emotions or personalities, right? Just recalling from the past, where they've been easily thwarted before. As the weapons and armor were taken out of the salvage room, a team of fifteen droids, armed with blasters, walked in and surrounded the twi'lek. "Security is now optimal. We understand you wish to meet the Captain, but the Captain does not have the funds to waste fuel cells just sitting in space, if you could tell us a location so we can plot a course, it would be appreciated. The Captain does not want people other than herself living on her ship. Otherwise, she's been told she can come see you. This is a modified Diamond-class Cruiser, with a bridge far from the ship itself, it will take her time."

[member="Menka Guga"]

"Destination... Sullust. You able to make the jump?" The droid numbers was completely unnecessary. If this company was friendly with the Galactic Alliance, then why the security measures? Rather suspicious... is there something going on here that they didn't want him to see? He'd find out soon enough.

But until then, he would look over his now exposed body (Personally, he was glad he decided to at least wear boxers), checking over for any new wounds. Luckily, he was relatively unwounded, enough so that he could pass the time until the captain arrived. And he did so through physical exercise. Push-ups, sit-ups, etc. He'd also run over combat drills in his mind, coupled with military history, weapon schematics, and anything else he could think of to keep himself occupied until the captain would arrive.

[member="Pan'medur"]

"Is the ship cold? The Captain usually doesn't come down here, so some parts of the ship are not heated. And yes, Sullust is within our jump perimeters." The droid chirped, keeping quiet after that as the Captain walked in slowly. She didn't stay behind the droids, but she didn't walk in front of them, either, standing in their line. She had the mans armor, tossing it back to him.

"Sorry about all of this, I have no friends or allies, and while I'm cool with the Galactic Alliance, a badge and a number doesn't guarantee you're with them, or that you won't kill me. I have a bounty on me even with the job I do, and my past was never ever kind to me," She said, showing her Sith tattoos and Sith Slave tattoos. "So forgive me if I'm just a little cautious. You are a fighter, though, so you'd be able to take these droids on easily. A few wouldn't be able to stop you. So you wanted to see me, what's up?

[member="Menka Guga"]

He didn't look up to her for a moment, wanting to finish this set of pull-ups first. Even when he heard the heavy thunk of his armor landing next to him, he said nothing. He had to keep fit, and he was almost done. So thus, three, sit-ups later out of 100, he laid down on the cold durasteel floor for a moment, closing his bright green eyes as he takes a few recovery breaths. She was right, too. Smart. But, they were in the same boat, so to speak. Both formerly Sith slaves, although when he looks over to her and saw her cybernetic, he knew right there she had it worse. He may have had the unwanted tattoos, but she had the mechanical scars.

He looks down to his armor, shrugging at it as he rises to tower over her, a foot and a half taller, easily. He lets out another breath through his mouth, wiping the sweat from his forehead as he studies the cyborg lady. Honestly, he could get past the cybernetics if he was looking for a woman right now. But for now, he only sought to thank her and possibly converse. So, he decided to break the silence when he extended his hand to his fellow Lethan, wearing a smirk as he displays his more... ladies' man side to her.

"Corporal Pan'medur, GA Army. I gotta thank you for the rescue, the pod was running low on oxygen."

[member="Pan'medur"]

Watching him do his exercises and tower over her wasn't impressing at all, it was more intimidating and put her off a little, making her take a step back. The sudden intimidation made her lose her breath and she had to quickly pull her mask from her belt and put it on. Embarrassingly, right in front of a person, she had to use her breath mask, with its tube uncomfortable entering her throat into her lungs. She coughed and wheezed for a bit, showing she was out of breath before she took her breaths... it wasn't meant to be taken off immediately in its design... or for her purposes. Now she would speak with a mechanical tone.

"Uuuhhhh I'm Menka Guga. Owner and sole employee of Corona S&S. That's Service and Salvage. I service all the people that like to help others, and am an enemy to anyone who likes hurting people, especially Sith. I know the term 'low oxygen' personally, which is why I turned my ship around for an emergency beacon. And if... you're trying to get me attracted, I'm not looking for anything."

[member="Menka Guga"]

He chuckles to himself, dropping his hand as he stands back, immediately noticing her reaction and relaxing his posture, making his natural height of 6'5" seem not-so-large. He didn't want to scare off a potential ally, of course. He had to play it smooth, etc. And her thinking he was trying to impress her... heh. She really misunderstood his actions. He doesn't seek a lover right now. If he wanted one, he'd look to a brothel or cantina. Or a nightclub. Perhaps back at Sullust HQ. So many options than in the middle of the void.

"Nah, I ain't lookin' for a girl right now. Sorry if I frightened you, or anything, Miss Guga. And I'm glad we're on the same side of this war."

He pulls out a chair for her, despite it being the only one and how he probably needed it more than her. His reasoning would be 'my ma taught me to be polite to a girl, even if it kills ya.' And he always listens to his mother's teachings and advice, since his father was a deadbeat drunk who didn't care what the Sith did to him or his mother. As long as dad always lived, he didn't care if a Sith Trooper came by and forced Ma into things she didn't want.

[member="Pan'medur"]

Menka eye'd the chair that the corporal had pulled out for her and then slowly looked at him, "Thanks, but no thanks, hate to sound rude but if you'd like to chat we can chat right here. I've either sat down or laid down all my life, I've come to like standing." Truth be told, she was trying her hardest not to be rude. The problem was compared to other people who could vouch for each other, she didn't have access to a Republic database nor did she have any high ranking Republic buddies, but her purpose for her entire being now was to help people, so she was trying to overcome her fear. "Another reason why I picked you up," she said, turning her head away, "Is my Company's gotten large enough I'm about to expand, which is why I gave you a meal, and not, like, rationed cubes, or something." She looked back, "Though I keep the good stuff to myself. a standard years worth of rations on this ships goes a long way for one person, so replacing one meal is cheap for me. Uh... did all you have on you was weapons and armor? You have money, right?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom