Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Solan's Magical Seeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
triple_belt_pouch_by_spoon333-d3c412w.jpg
seeds1.gif

Image Source:

Intent:

The intent is to give solan a number of types of seeds that he carries around, bred with the help of his and Alexandra Feanor's constant gardening and tying the force into those gardens to grow faster and as such be more useful when combined with their practices of plant surge... Thats really it. They are seeds for Alex and Solan to use in Plantsurge.

Development Thread: Not sure if these will count, but im going to be linking every thread involving the Gardens of Solan and Alexandra's (As long as they do something to effect those gardens in the thread that is.)

Ima stop, you get the idea (If you need a dedicated dev thread, just tell me... though i hope the amount of force power put into the two gardens is enough to reason the existence of the seeds.)

Manufacturer: Solan Charr and Alexandra... sort of.

Affiliation:
  • Solan Charr
  • His Students
  • Alexandra Feanor
  • Order of the Grey
Homeworld:
  • Kesh, Circle Eternal and Solan's Private Gardens
  • Alderaan, Alexandra's Personal Gardens, The Temple of the Grey
Cultivation Requirements:
  • Without the Force: Suitable Soil, Water, and Type 1 Atmosphere
  • With the Force: Type 1 Atmosphere, Bare minimal nutrients (Not possible in ships with the exception of vegetation compartments), and the force of course.
Size: Handheld, you can fit quite a few in your hand.

Length: 1-3 Cms

Weight: 1 gram on average.

Nutritional Value: Not really any, unless you want to get fiber from the bark of trees.

Average Life:
  • Without the Force: The Plants will live as long as they would normally. For example, the Trees will live for several centuries while the vines for a number of decades and the Bramble no more than a dozen years. After Harvest, for what ever reason, they would all last from a few days up to two weeks.
  • With the Force: The light of the plants could be extended under controlled use and suppliment of the force itself, just as a human body can. In conjunction with that, their life after harvest can be maintained indefinitely as long as the force is applied to each and fed to them every day.

Growth Rates and Ranges:
  • Vine based seeds,
    Growth Rate - 2 Days without the Force, 5-10 Seconds at Knight level, less with more training and other factors,
  • Growth Range - 10 meters

[*]Tree based seeds,
  • Growth Rate - 10 Days without the Force, 15-30 Seconds at Knight level, less with more training and other factors,
  • Growth Range - Trunk 15-20 meters, roots 10 meters around epicenter

[*]Bramble Seeds,
  • Growth Rate - 1 Day without the Force, 1-3 Seconds at Knight level, less with more training and other factors,
  • Growth Range - 5 Meters maximum.

Special Features:
  • Variable assortment of seeds for numerous cases.
  • Force Imbued to aid in the rapid growth of the seeds in conjunction with Plantsurge.
  • Stronger bodies once grown, semi Energy resistant.
Strengths:
  • Grow baby Grow: When combined with Plantsurge, these seeds can grow at an enormous rate compared to their natural counterparts. They are as such able to be thrown and quickly grown to deal with a number of situations and problems from holding up a ceiling, restraining someone, or simply being used to stab a person through over and over again.... they are plants after all.
  • Stronger than you...: As part of the imbuement through the force, these seeds, and the plants they grow into, are far more resistant to damage. While still being flamable, being they are still plants, they can take a bit more punishment than natural versions of their grown forms. For example, the trees grown could hold up stone and metal for a great deal longer to help avoid the deaths of others, or the vines grown could restrain those grabbed by them much in the same way that a chain would. Further they have a slight energy resistancec afforded to them thanks to the Force imbuement that had been done to them.
  • Food? Please, we are Vampires: Unlike most plants, these can subside on the mostly on the force with bare minimal natural requirements for plants, allowing for growth in the desert as well as other otherwise inhospitable places. This was done to add versitility where normally there would be impossible conditions for the plant's growth. (Note, they will drain more on the force user than normal seeds for this reason.)
Weaknesses:
  • Burn baby Burn: Like stated above, they are still plants. And Plants will still burn. This means that reducing them to a wild inferno is extremely possible an should not be overlooked as one of their weaknesses. This will of course interfere with their effectiveneess in doing various jobs, such as holding up falling debris like stated before.
  • Strong in the force... or rather necessary: Lets all think about the reason for the seeds. And what would happen if the user found themselves in a force-empty zone. The seeds become absolutely useless without the force, as such if someone is cut off from the force, they now just lost the use of this weapon and as such are kinda SOL. So in short, They need the force to work.

Description:

An idea generated during Solan's time with genetic manipulation and his learning of Plantsurge... plus being around the grumpy hermit that is Alexandra Feanor, he found a bit of interest in using their gardens and plantsurge to imbue the seeds that grew in the gardens with the force. Already started in Alexandra's garden and beginning in Solan's, they worked to change the very nature of the seeds and make adjustments to their abilities and the strengths that would be needed for those plants to succeed their expectations.

As such and through simple 'gardening' they each supplied their respective gardens with the force and constantly used Plantsurge to nurture the growth of the force imbeud plants and seeds so to be used in situations that would come later on. Such included the transfer of the first seed to the Yutan temple for the Republic Jedi order as part of their experiment and the use of the seeds during a get together on Naboo, holding up the falling debris of the ceiling though causing Solan to pass out in using them due to the strain.

Following the incident on Naboo, it was determined the seeds had succeeded in their purpose, growing stronger plants as a result. Of course though there was a weakness, well two, that the pair could not over look. First there was the fact the plants were still prone to catching on fire, as per their natural existence. While this does remain as a thorn in Solan's side due to his particular skill set, it remains an unchangable fact. Further the seeds must be grown with the force, otherwise they will remain as such until they are grown with such. This means that in place where the force is absent, they are useless, to the greatest extent of the word.

Primary Source: (Please link the source of another writer's submission that you are modifying for your use; only necessary for "Chaos Canon" submissions)

Solan Charr said:
With the Force: Type 1 Atmosphere, and the Force. (Food and energy are substituded with the Force energy provided)

Can you explain this to me? I'm having trouble grasping the concept of simply creating growth without any matter for input (Law of Conservation of Matter). I understand that plant surge allows for the plant to grow at an expedited rate, but how, with the force, has this removed the need for nutrients altogether?

Solan Charr said:
Throw Range - 10 Days without the Force, 15-30 Seconds at Knight level, less with more training and other factors, Growth Range - Trunk 15-20 meters, roots 10 meters around epicenter

Sorry, might be me being dense, but what is Throw range?

Finally, once again seeing it in your strengths, the lack of need for nutrients is a tremendous strength that really can't be summed up easily. Creating a tree in a ship in a moment, producing massive vines that can push through the plating of ships, etc etc. So I need this explained a bit more (canon examples would be helpful for this) and I may need additional weaknesses for balance along with a potential dedicated development thread. Please tag me once you have responded.

Also, while you are at it, please clarify whether plantsurge is needed for these plants to grow or if its simply the input of the force.

[member="Reverance"]

Lets put it in terms of something like drain life. The Use of plantsurge in most cases substitutes the need for natural reaccuring resources for once's own force energy. Now there are two reasons for this, A, it is by far simpler and more effective in which trying to draw out resources from the ground and surrounding areas woul be both a waste of time and energy. This presents us with the first problem though and that is in the fact that this ability is far mor taxing on an individual than something like that of say Lightning, or even Solan's secodary prefered ability Pyrokinesis. What it is doing is taking his energy as a food source, as well as an energy source of its own.

Now, while yes, the fact remains you could use the nutrients around an intended target, places like the desert, or a terrace garden, it would make sense that that is quite literally impossible (Or atleast implausible.) This is when the above mentioned method would become necessary rather than a method of convience. But as i said before, this takes the Force energy of the user and as such requires quite a bit more focus and of course a bit more control over one's energy reserves. Which is why a later strength makes mention as a ending line these words. (Note, they will drain more on the force user than normal seeds for this reason.)

What this means is these seeds, unlike normal ones, will increase the taxation of the Force User and as such drain more energy from them to balance out the fact of their acclerated growth even compared to common use of plantsurge. It would be like creating a self imposed Force Drain on you time after time, and eventually causing the user to pass out if the strain is too much. (As shown in the Galactic Alliance's dominion when Solan used the prototype of the seeds.)

As for Throw Range, that was a mistake that i made when moving this submission to here and altering its original template features. Fixing that now.

[member="Solan Charr"]

I appreciate your response and the time you've put into this and the explanation. However, I simply can't allow this to move through without the required input of nutrients for growth. Plant surge doesn't (as far as I can tell) create something from nothing. It's similar to an enzyme, acting as catalyst for a reaction to improve the speed. I'm fine with these seeds being more responsive to plant surge, but I'll need nutrients to be a requirement for growth (with or without the force)

[member="Reverance"]

Editted the lines to reflect that they require the bare minimal nnatural resources required to grow them in tandem with the force acting as a supplement. Is that acceptable?

Thanks for making that edit. For the time being, that is acceptable. Let's move on to the submission then.

Solan Charr said:
Average Life: Without the Force: The Plants will live as long as they would normally. For example, the Trees will live for several centuries while the vines for a number of decades and the Bramble no more than a dozen years. After Harvest, for what ever reason, they would all last from a few days up to two weeks. With the Force: The light of the plants could be extended under controlled use and suppliment of the force itself, just as a human body can. In conjunction with that, their life after harvest can be maintained indefinitely as long as the force is applied to each and fed to them every day.

In your previous submission, we were fine with the immortality of the species due to the fact that it had no utility. But because of the nature of this submission, that will only be allowed with dedicated development thread for this submission. If that has been done, please let me know and link it in the sub and we can move on. As an aside, I'd like for you to highlight the life span of the seeds prior to growth (while dormant). Do these have a shelf life when not in use?

Solan Charr said:
Vine based seeds, Growth Rate - 2 Days without the Force, 5-10 Seconds at Knight level, less with more training and other factors, Growth Range - 10 meters
This applies for all three categories: What is the speed of the master level growth? I think all of these are pretty fast but if you complete a dev thread, we should be fine.

Also, I'd like for you to consider another weakness to balance this out. Given their strengths, I don't think a slight weakness to fire and a slow rate of growth without the force is enough to balance it out.

Finally: Please make sure that this follows the template for flora as closely as possible. I know you have some additional information that isn't in the original template, but right now it's sort of all over the place. The template is as follows:

Image Credit:

Name: [The Names of the Flora]

Homeworld: [Where is the Flora located in the Galaxy, where does it originate from?]

Development Thread: [When / If required.]

Average Measurements: [What is the average length, height, width, weight, when applicable?]

Cultivation Requirements: [What does it take to grow the Flora? (This includes atmosphere)]

Strengths: [2 Minimum]
Weaknesses: [2 Minimum]

Distinctions: [Unique physical traits of the plant. Describe the plant's physical appearance in some detail. Ensure that you include details no obvious from any posted image.]

Average Growth Cycle: [How long does it take the plant to grow?]
Average Life: [How long does the plant survive when properly cared for? How long does it maintain freshness once harvested?]

Nutritional Value: (Optional) [What is the nutritional value of the plant?]

History: [Describe an abridged history of the Flora. When was it discovered, originally cultivated, created in a lab, etc etc.]

Intent: [Describe the plan for the Flora. Submissions created for frivolous purposes or whose concept goes against the basic concepts of the setting will be denied. ]

[member="Reverance"]

Gonna break this up into bullets, playing a game and busy today.

1. Ill be glad to remove the with the force part. Really it didn't matter much to me, thought it was just some cool extra fluff for them. Consider their life spans normal. As for Shelf life of the seeds, considering that most seeds i now of have a pretty decent shelf life of a year or two, i was thinking a shelf life of maybe 3 or 4 years because of their connection to the force? Your thoughts?
  2. I used Knight speed as i found it to be the best place to put an average speed.... being that you technically can never stop improving, plus in Solan's case his crystal... factors that i really did not want to write an essay like i was a botany student and you were my professor... i already have to do that off board enough so ya. I would be more than glad to do a dedicated dev thread though going into the growth rates of each, that one i should be able to do as soon as i have the time.
  3. Ill figure out a third weakness for you, im sure there is something im missing that i can figure out up here in my head.
  4. Expect it to be reordered with the template first, and the extra info after. (Assuming thats what you mean.)

[member="Solan Charr"]

No problemo.

Archived at the request of the submitter.

When you are prepared to have this reviewed, please contact [member="Valiens Nantaris"] or [member="Lorelei Darke"].

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom