Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech SOD-S1 (Starship Operations Droid - Series 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valdus Bral

️ Clan Bral Alor ️| Warlord of Nellogant
sviatoslav-gerasimchuk-droid.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: To create a series of droids that will serve as the bulk of a starship crew.
  • Image Source: "Droid" by Sviatoslav Gerasimchuk
  • Canon Link: Droid
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL INFORMATION
  • Classification: Third Degree
  • Weight: 63.5kg (~140lbs)
  • Height: 172cm (~68 inches)
  • Movement: Bipedal
  • Armaments: None
  • Misc. Equipment: commlink
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • N/A
Strengths:
  • Capable of operating a vast array of starship systems.
  • Capable of minor learning to more efficiently operate a specific system after several repetitions.
Weaknesses:
  • Unable to adequately perform tasks unrelated to operating starship systems.
  • These are not security droids, if they are to be used for combat they do work as moderately durable cover.
DESCRIPTION

The Starship Operations Droid, also known as the SOD, is the first mass-produced item put forward by Bral Metal & Engineering. The droid is targeted to those who may have the credits for starships but do not have enough left over to hire a crew or are just so unpopular that no organic, semi-intelligent being would ever join them. Constructed of durasteel these droids hold true to the high durability that BM&E works into all of their designs. While these droids are unable to perform combat roles, they are a step up from untrained personnel when it comes to performing the wide array of tasks necessary to keep a starship operating in combat or as freighter crew.

*It would not be impossible for these droids to be modified to be more specialized or to be militarized, however they will under-perform at any non-crew related task without entirely reprogramming the droid brain. In most cases it is more effort and expensive than it is worth to try and militarize these droids. However, some gains can be made to those who remove the jack-of-all-trades approach to the droid and replace it with a specialized focus on a specific crew task.

BM&E sells these units for 3,000 Credits each and sells the droids individually or in packages of a thousand.

Valdus Bral

️ Clan Bral Alor ️| Warlord of Nellogant
[member="Thorne"]

You won the inny-meeny-miny-mo game, congratulations! I'd like this moved to the Technology Creation category when you get the chance. Thanks in advance.

Thanks again for taking the time to use the Factory, [member="Valdus Bral"]! I'll be working with you to get this reviewed and approved which i hope will be quick and painless. So without further ado, let's dive right in...

Valdus Bral said:
Modularity: It would not be impossible for these droids to be modified to be more specialized or to be militarized, however they will under-perform at any non-crew related task without entirely reprogramming the droid brain. In most cases it is more effort and expensive than it is worth to try and militarize these droids. However, some gains can be made to those who remove the jack-of-all-trades approach to the droid and replace it with a specialized focus on a specific crew task.
I love the thought and work you put into this, however if you could make this a simple "yes/no" it would be greatly appreciated. Definitely want you to keep this information, but please move it into the description.

If you can make this quick edit, I can slap a mark of approval on this and you'll have the droid you desire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom