Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Social Housing Conjuration

In the five years since Cathul started learning Force-healing, she has been spamming Force-healing as much as she could safely do so. But, understandably, the effect on public finances of a Force-healer tapers off past a certain point. The savings she could do at the early stages of reconstruction, that is, in her first year in office, were noticeable, but 1-2 million is a rather minimal amount in the planet's budget. By now Cathul was debt-free, so any surpluses from Azure's government would go towards Clan Lok. And the surpluses would be way higher with 2 million in population than with 40,000, the number she budgeted her first year in office. But she doesn't want Azure to be much more highly populated than that: it will exhaust the two natural resources much faster than the welfare of its denizens would command. And unhappy citizens were a big no-no for her according to the Resol'nare. And yet, public works projects were underway, for a total value of 3.7 billion credits. One of the figures Surprisingly she was still in office for so long. Nevertheless IGR was building a neighborhood's worth of social housing on one of the islands away from the planetary capital. But before Asriel would be taken there, she will still have to greet with her new student with a second rental broomstick in tow.

"Welcome to Azure. I remember you from your first attempt at learning Force-healing. I trust the flight hasn't been too rough?"

[member="Asriel Dreemurr"]

[member="Cathul Thuku"]

Asriel popped out of the starship and was greeted by [member="Cathul Thuku"] herself. "it hasn't been too bad, in fact it was quite nice!" Asriel walked up. "I hope you didn't wait too long." Asriel had matured the tiniest bit over the past five years. Now he could have simple conversations without talking about his dreams. "so... how have things been?"

"Azure has grown to 2 million in population, and what I did to save Azure money was just spam Force-healing, so I'm grateful for what I learned on Mandalore - Ri'anna once thought that my approach was misguided but it worked, especially early in the reconstruction"

Like Jessica, Cathul would rather have a spellbook filled with spells that had practical uses regardless of emotional condition, unlike more conventional approaches to the Force. Unfortunately, it was an approach that required massive amounts of brainpower that not many Force-users knew they would possess. And Jessica taught her enough about physics to make Cathul the envy of Azure's wizarding world. By now every space wizard living on Azure dreamed of being as smart as she was. They had to prepare their broomsticks to come to Solomahal Island, where an entire neighborhood was under construction. She also had hard hats prepared once on site due to the nature of the training site: a construction site for social housing. Cathul's mind was racing with all kinds of thoughts: root-mean-square speed of molecules or, in the case of solids, their vibrational frequencies, Maxwell's equations and, if there were work accidents, Force-healing.

"Come, we're flying broomsticks to the next construction site. IGR is undertaking this social housing project and we shall learn the spells on the field. For today, you will learn about four spells I know you have wanted to learn for a while but never quite got around to learn. Get ready to start the broomstick's engine and follow me"

[member="Cathul Thuku"]

Asriel nodded and walked up to the broomstick. Asriel may have been a witch, well... warlock but he didn't know how to activate one. "so um... how do I start it's engine?" Asriel looked around it. Trying to find a way to activate the peculiar cleaning tool.

"The engine starting button is at the very top of the handle. Once the engine is started, you steer the broomstick using said handle"

To weld beams into position, to cool down materials welded in such fashion as to lock them into position, to recharge a lightsaber or a glowrod, that's the sort of things Cathul has in mind as far as using these spells are concerned. She hoped not to bore the warlock with highly technical explanations of how the spell worked even though she knew from experience that most Force-users, and certainly witches, would not even think of what a Force-power does when in use. That was the most irksome thing with Jedi and Sith from her standpoint, despite acknowledging that such an approach was one that had one major drawback or two, and that both Jessica and her could afford to do so, since they are brilliant ladies. The sheer amount of brainpower required makes such an approach out of range of many, at least without Force-comprehension; QFT was one of those things most Force-users needed Force-comprehension to understand, and yet both Jessica and Cathul could understand it just fine without it, at a level that is appropriate for spellcasting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom