Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So, you wanna be a Crusader?

Diana Cross

Aim steady, fire true
It had been little over a year since Diana had met Zoey, a Crusader of Moross. It had been her lifelong dream to join, but she had always been too young. Now that she was eighteen, she would be eligible to join their ranks. Now, all that really remained was to convince her parents. She had never really told them about her exploits with Zoey, or what she had been doing even before that. It would definitely be hard to convince a couple who were confident that their "little girl" was not who they thought she was. However, she really wanted to join the Crusade, and she was able to make her own decisions now. At the moment, she was perched atop a roof high above Coruscant's city streets, her bow in hand. Recently, the weapon had suffered some damage, and she was afraid it might break. It had certainly lasted long enough.

@[member="Soliael Devin Talith"]

A man wearing heavy armor seemingly appeared behind Diana out of no where, his face made of stone and his expression pure steel. He looked down at the girl with a slight twinge in his eyes, the orange iris' almost completely covered by a blanket of black specs. The Girl had been assigned here to be trained by him, and for him to convince her parents to let her go.

It was an odd thing for Soliael to do this himself of course, but for some strange reason the girl had interested him. So he had come to Coruscant, though not as a god. Instead he had gone under the guise of Crusader Talith, his more public face.

He appeared behind the girl with no mask or hidden identities, he simply wore his crusader armor with the embroidered image of Moross crusade on both shoulders, no cape graced his shoulders. He looked down at the girl, the vision of his eyes almost entirely obscured. “Coruscant. City of lights.”

Soliael spoke with a sort of reverence in his voice. He had always liked Coruscant.
@[member="Diana Cross"]

Diana Cross

Aim steady, fire true
The sudden voice had almost caused the poor girl to jump from her spot, but she restrained herself. "Oh! Crap, you scared me! What were you thinking, you-" Diana fell silent as she turned around to face the emblem of the Moross Crusade. Blushing a deep pink, she lowered her head. "Oh... Sorry! I didn't know it was you. You've come to train me right? So I can learn to use more than just my bow and all that stuff."

Soliael gained a look of amusement on his face as the girl reacted to his sudden appearance. He was not the greatest at stealth but he had some talents in it thanks to his natural affinity towards Sith Sorcery, it helped bend the light around him and helped people with not noticing him, something that was quite useful.

Of course teaching this girl would be even simpler to him. She wanted to learn to fight, to use the skills she was naturally gifted with. That was a concept Soliael was more than familiar with. In fact for two hundred years he had not used the force, but instead had lived as a normal being...albeit he had been physically stronger and faster than a normal human but the principal was the same.

“Yes.” He finally answered her with a smile.

Diana Cross

Aim steady, fire true
Diana's eyes lit up at the confirmation, a small smile coming to her face. "Awesome! I can't wait to start. So what first? Do you teach me some karate moves or something?" It was just a generalization of course, but one could tell she was very excited and ready to train. She had been her whole life really, she'd only just now gotten the chance.

“First. We get out of the city itself.” Soliael said quite smartly. The top of the Coruscant skyline wasn't exactly the most private place to train, luckily for Diana however Soliael actually owned an entire building upon the capital of the Republic. Or Rather it was Moross that did. The building was somewhat of an Embassy, though really it was more of a way for Soliael to move around the Republic unnoticed.

“We'll move to the bounding around Coruscant eventually.” With those Words Soliael quickly turned on his heel, motioning for the girl to follow. The building was not far from where they were, and getting there wouldn't take long.

The Training itself would be grueling, he intended on making this girl something special.

Diana Cross

Aim steady, fire true
"Okay!" Keeping her smile, Diana followed the man to where he wanted to train. As far as she was concerned, it didn't matter where they trained, as long as she learned something. Looking around, she eventually laid her eyes upon the Crusader. "So how long have you been with the Crusade? Which god do you worship? I think they're all pretty great. Except for Ithari and Erebos, they're too dark for me."

Soliael and the girl hiked for quite some time, and only moments in she began barraging him with questions. The amused look came back on his face and he was reminded of his first apprentice, Evelynn. He enjoyed the inquisitive nature and the need to ask questions, it was why he had chosen to god of knowledge.

“I follow the Lord Neth. The Seeker and Giver of knowledge.” As he answered her first question they arrived to the Moross Embassy. Soliael poked his head through the door and then invited Diana in, motioning for her to follow to the nearby training rooms. “As for how long I have been with the crusade. Longer than you have been alive.”

He said it with a smile, as if he knew something she never could.

Diana Cross

Aim steady, fire true
Diana smirked at the man as he gave her a knowing smile, a playful grin dancing across her lips. There's something you're not telling me, isn't there?" Of course, it didn't matter to her what he may have been hiding, but she always enjoyed a good conversation, and this one happened to be going extremely well. She had just met the guy and they were already chatting up a storm. Well, she was anyway.

“Of course.” Soliael said in simple answer tot he girl with a smirk on his face. There was many things he would never tell her, many things that he would never tell anyone. That was simply who he was, and it was what he was. Secrets were the lifeblood of Sith, and that had always been true. Quickly he moved with Diana to one of the training rooms located deep within the Embassy.

The room was a stark white color, decorated with weapons of all sorts. Staff's, bows, training sabers, everything anyone could ever think of.

“So, tell me what you know.” Soliael said as he began to strip out of his armor.

Diana Cross

Aim steady, fire true
"Well at least you don't sugarcoat anything. I like that." As they walked into the training room, she gasped in delight. A tiny squeal of excitement came from her as she rushed over to the bows, each crafted with perfect precision. Her own paled in comparison. At this point, Talith had asked her what she was capable of. Pulling her bow off of her back, she flipped her hair back with a smirk. "I can do better than jut tell you, I'll show you." Facing the targets, she quickly fired three in the center of the first, rolled over, and another two found their way in the final two targets.

The bow, such an ancient weapon. He frowned slightly at her use of it, not believing that such a thing could ever really be considered useful. Of course, he was immediately proven wrong when Diana sunk every single target in a matter of seconds. Soliael watched for a few moments, then let out an impressed whistle, he looked at the targets then back at the girl.

“Is that all you can do?” Soliael said in jest to her. Before he started in the real training he wanted to see if he could push her beyond her own limits. A bow was just fine, but when someone got up close...well thats when the real hurt began.

Diana Cross

Aim steady, fire true
Looking back at the man, Diana raised an eyebrow. "Pfft." She pondered the question for a moment, then went over to analyze the other weapons they had. Snapping her fingers, she began to stuff her belt with various small knives, being able to fit five before it had no more room. Walking back over to the targets, she pulled her arrows out, then stepped back. Taking a small breath, she took a stance and tossed two of them at the first two targets. Taking two more in either hand, she hurtled both at the same target, the last one. Then pulling the final knife from her belt, she turned around and threw it, where it landed in the wall, a little ways above one of the training sabers. "i'm still practicing throwing knives, but i'm okay for the most part."

(Sorry im posting slow)
“I see.” Soliael said as he watched the endeavor once again. She was good at ranged combat, that much was now clear of course, but would she survive up close? An Arrow to the chest did not necessarily always kill, even when well placed, the same could be said for a knife of even a larger blade. That was why Lightsabers were so important to Sith and Jedi alike, they were blades that ended lives swiftly and without worry.

Soliael decided to say as much “Well, what of when the enemy gets close?”

She still smiled at her, a near grin.

Diana Cross

Aim steady, fire true
(OOC: Don't worry bout it)

At this question, Diana grimaced a little. She has never trained in close combat, as she had never needed to in the past. "I... I'm not very good with close encounters. I like keeping away from th action while I shoot from afar. Maybe... you could help me out?" She smiled sweetly, hoping to get a decent lesson in swordplay. After all, it did help to have a rounded knowledge of weaponry.

“Of course. It is why I am here after all.” Soliael spoke as he walked over to one of the walls. He pulled off two small blades and then a larger one for himself. The large sword could be called a broadsword, though the sword was far more elegant and small, slightly curved at the very end, it was an impressive blade. The two smaller ones were tiny in comparison, daggers meant for very close combat.

Soliael stepped up to Diana and offered the small blades to her. “I suggest you use these. The blades are small and swift, they will fit your more agile nature. They will also not tax you when you carry them along with your bow.”

It made perfect sense of course, everything he said always did.

Diana Cross

Aim steady, fire true
Taking the blades, Diana smiled at the man. It was the first time anyone had given something so valuable to her. She woul learn to use them in no time. "Thanks! I can assure you these will definitely get some action! Now one question..." Sje pondered asking for a second. "Would you happen to have a newer bow? I've had this one for years, and it's just about seen all it can."

The blades were nice, though he had seen and made nicer weapons. In regards to her question he began to look around the room, searching for any bow like weapons. When he found none he frowned, he thought the girl would eventually deserve a reward for her training.

“No, but tell you what.” He looked down at her with a smirk. “Complete your training here, do well. And I shall have one made.”

Soliael smiled at her, that should motivate her some.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom