Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private So what, we just...punch each other?

In truth, Calin didn’t really get this whole “Sith” thing. Well...if he was really going to be honest he barely even knew what a Sith was, and with all-offense intended to the suits who crowded around the Empire like rats he didn’t exactly trust. But what was there to trust in this distant and unfamiliar place? One moment he was rolling on the high-life, a well off enforcer and dealer for the Pykes: a few things go wrong? A Death-Mark on his head, and now he had to run away to a bunch of authoritarian lunatics up north.

His nervousness was never conveyed, each step taken with the swagger of a man with nothing left to lose; in his free hand Calin twirled his canister of Booster Blue...that magic stuff was getting rarer and rarer by the minute the longer he stayed here, already he could feel himself getting a little jumpier. And the second he had been given an “invitation” from one of his fellow acolytes, he could’ve jumped right into one of Tatooine’s suns. He liked to fly solo, never knew when one of these glowing-eyed bastards was going to shank him in the back...at least, that’s what Sith are supposed to be doing. Right?

And while he walked through the city with bravado and swagger it all just hid a pit of nervousness in his stomach. He eventually reached the meeting point that this Acolyte had called him too, entering inside the frazzled man looked around with an equal mixture of confusion, curiosity, and caution. These Sith really were something else.

Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru

The new generation of Sith. That's what the Alina was. That's what all the acolytes were. Untrained, for now, but growing stronger by the day. When it was their time, the whole galaxy would know. It's why she'd started to reach out to the others. She wanted to know who she was going to be working with. Or against. Calin Harr Calin Harr was one of those she wasn't sure of yet. Friend, foe, it was hard to tell. All she did know was he was some kind of criminal.

And if he was only here to continue those activities, then he'd likely be a foe.

The location in question wasn't anything special. Unless shady was special. Kind of place you'd take someone to kill without any eyes. She was in her usual sith attire. Black robe, no sleeves. "Good to meet you in person, Calin. I'm Alina."

By the Nine Hells of Corellia did he hate this place, he just didn't trust these sith sorts. And the worst part about that? he was one of those sith sorts. In name at least, Calin Harr was ultimately in a category all by himself. While Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru dressed in dark robes, Calin looked like the underworld enforcer he was: a large brown trench-coat, crude and well-used armor underneath, and a former sense of style that had been ruined by running for his life and taking too much spice. Those ever distinctive stains spotting his coat.

"Yeah, yeah, nice to meet you too. Mind telling me what the hell this is? Cause ya' know, if you're on the Pyke payroll: it's gonna take more than a pretty face and a back alley to kill me."

As crude, and rude, as ever. He really was a bit of underworld scum in Sith clothing.

"The only one of us that could be considered part of the Pyke payroll is you, Calin." The disgust in her gaze was all too clear as she looked over Calin Harr Calin Harr 's spice stained cloak. She had little opinion of herself, but she would never let herself fall that far into self misery. The fact he didn't care enough to present himself better was quickly leaning to her belief he would be a foe. His words? Only compounded this ideal. Her lips stayed in a thin line.

"The Sith are going to change. The new generation will see to that. I wanted to see if you would be the type I need to get rid of. So far, that's all you've shown. You're just a criminal who happened to have a connection to the Force. Do you even have a sense of discipline?"

He laughed, it was an honest laugh void of mockery. Though it quickly died when he realized that Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru was indeed serious, and his humor was quickly replaced with a scowl.

"Pay? The only thing the damn Pykes are paying me now is with this Karkin' Death-Mark."

He let out a sigh after that, looking her over a few more times before continuing.

"Ya' gotta do what ya' gotta do out there, dogs eat dogs while the ringleaders all look down and laugh. So damn right I'm a former-criminal: and a damn good one, mind you. But as you can see, I am currently unemployed, in the middle of the last place a person like me should be, being told I got all this force-nonsense, with a bunch of orange eyed loons with damned laser-swords...no offense."

He fished into the endless void that was his coat, pondering if he should've gone for his blasters instead, but instead he pulled out two Cigarra from...somewhere.

"You want a cig? Cause can at least let me get a smoke of something before you blast me, or whatever."

370d9lz.png

Alina kept a stern expression as she listened to Calin Harr Calin Harr , though it was pretty clear that the man was thrown into the deep end when it came to Sith politics. A criminal spared because of his connection to the Force. He wasn't a threat, not like other Sith were. How selfish he was was still in the air, but that didn't mean he was as cruel and manipulative as the Sith she wanted to root out.

She reached out to take one of the cigarra offered, waiting for him to light it. "I think I'll like you, Calin."

He sighed again, and gave the most expectable response as he dug through his trenchcoat void for a lighter.

"You better not be telling me I have to give all you lo-...ahem. Sith. A cig to stop you from hacking me up."

With a quick flick, he lit the cigurras of the pair. And even with this simple action, Calin's true "strength" became readily apparent. He moved fast, not some sort of Force Speed, but just that the Booster he so adored had wrecked his system so much he had been left with that residual jitter. Shooting out a puff of smoke, he gave Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru a half-quizzical look.

"So, gonna blast me now?"

370d9lz.png

"I doubt many smoke, though I'm sure those that do might appreciate it." Alina seemed mildly impressed with the speed Calin Harr Calin Harr light both of theirs. She took her own drag, casually flicking off the embers before laughing. She shook her head, offering him a smirk. "Technically I'd cut you down with a lightsaber, if I was going to kill you. Unless you're asking to be shot instead." Another drag of the cig as she looked about the ally.

"You wanna get a drink?"

"Kark."

Last thing he needed to hear, now he'd have to start giving out his stash to people just to keep those sorts off him whenever things inevitably went to all hell. He half laughed at Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru when concept of getting cut down, those things never looked anywhere near as painful as a vibro-anything to the gut.

"Hell, I'd almost let you take one of those oversized glowrods to me just to know how it feels. Ain't no laser-sword out there better than a blaster."

The hill he would die on for millennia to come, even to the ire of his new sith teachers. The man possessed almost zero skill with a lightsaber, and remained obnoxiously stubborn about actually learning how to properly utilize one, in ways other than just swinging it like a glowing bat.

"Never took you Imp-types to be one for drinking. I'm flat broke still, so unless you're buyin' I'm a bit stuck from getting a guzzle of liquid gold."

370d9lz.png

"I'd be a bit careful about saying that. Plenty of folks would like to prove you otherwise." Not that she was one of those people. She had her own blaster, after all. But given her skills, it only made sense. Most lightsaber wielders used the Force to tell where the shots were coming from, and if she suppressed that, well. It was far easier just to shoot them. Alina finished off the cig before flicking it off to the side. Quite the grin formed now as her gaze fell back to Calin Harr Calin Harr .

"You'd be surprised how much of us drink. C'mon, you know any bars? You find the place, and I'll pay."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom