Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private So Uncivilized

“Then tell her, if you must,” Samyaza shot back. “I’m going back to Zaathru, so I won’t be here to stop you. But I don’t recommend it.”

You’re not going anywhere until you answer for what you did,” Inanna insisted.

“With death?” Samyaza’s eyebrows rose. “No, I doubt you’ll be able to kill me. But even if you did, you’d have to face the rest of the family with only my corpse and Orcas’ lightsaber to back up your claims.”

I want you to tell the truth!” Inanna exclaimed. “You can’t say that you’re repentant when you can’t even admit what you did!

“What good would that do?”

It would do you good, Sam!” Inanna’s eyes began to fill with sudden tears beneath her furrowed brow, choking her voice to almost a whisper. “This is your crime, your sins, your soul on the line! It’s not about whether or not it will hurt Mom to know, it’s about whether or not it will hurt you to confess it!

Silence. Samyaza said nothing, though his expression fell.

"Nobody is killing anybody," Cato quickly interjected as soon as the hypothetical was uttered. Clearly, there had been enough fratricide in the family as is.

He waited for the heat to die down some, then sighed as he spoke again, "You didn't come all this way, after all this time, just to tuck your tail and run as soon as we figured you out," And now that they did know, it's not like him disappearing to go lord over a bunch of tribal natives again was going to earn the seal of approval from anyone. Cato took a step forward, holding a hand out, palm pointed downward as if physically trying to calm the room, "Make things right, Samyaza. For real this time. You owe your family, and yourself, that much."

"Nobody is killing anybody."

I’m not so sure about that, Inanna thought. But she stayed quiet, awaiting a response.

Until the door suddenly opened. It was rather telling of her rattled, paranoid state of mind that her first instinct was to seize Cato and pin him against the wall, shielding him with her body.

“Uh, what happened to the door?” She heard Ash say.

Sorry,” Inanna mumbled, awkwardly releasing Cato.

“Did somebody break the lock?” Pygar asked. After walking through the door, he spotted Inanna and Cato. “Oh hey. Did you try to call me earlier? We went to the holo theater, so I had my ringer turned off.”

Inanna groaned wordlessly.

To her surprise, Samyaza had not immediately taken the opportunity her back was turned to make a break for it. He was still standing there, watching as the rest of the family entered the house, Orcas’ lightsaber at his feet.

Right in full view for Lilith to see. She stopped in the doorway, staring at the hilt, recognition passing over her features despite all the years and all the wear and tear it had endured. Slowly she crossed the room, stopping in front of Samyaza, before bending down to pick up the weapon. Long fingers caressed the hilt, wiping away two centuries of dirt and grime to reveal symbols etched into the metal.

"Where did this come from?" she asked.

Samyaza glanced at Inanna.

"I went to Zaathru and brought it back, Mom," she said, holding his gaze. "I think Sam has something to tell you."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom