Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So Star Citizen

So I've recently stumbled upon an upcoming game in 2016 called Star Citizen and I just have to ask, while I know I'll be taking a Loa when that game comes out and most of my money will be gone for it CX. Who else will be playing this game when it comes out and who has already bought a ship and tried the arena commander module that has been given out?

The Homepage is here

I'm a backer for the game. Been playing around in the Alpha for a while. I have no doubts that I'll be spending some time on Star Citizen when it is fully released. :) The game is beautiful inside and out. Sure it's a bit buggy in the alpha, but they are working on it and fixing things every day. Also for Squadron 42 (The Single player campaign) you'll find some very familiar voice actors signed up, like Mark Hamill and many others.

[member="Darth Erebos"]

I also ended up backing this and picked up an Aegis long ago. Sadly I havent gotten much playtime as my computer's hardware decided that after one of the Hangar updates it was done with Star Citizen. If I can get the money to build a new PC I'll definitely be playing some as I have a couple friends who are in as well.

I myself am planing on a freelancer and a constelation, I have four friends that all want to play so if we all can be on the same ship it would be awesome CX

[member="Coryth Elaris"] I know I love it so much CX Also you seen the new Hotas rig they are getting together for the game? It's beautiful.
[member="Kurayami Bloodborn"] I have high hopes for this game as I was a freelancer player for a long time CX
[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] do it join the dark side and become a citizen CX

Nyxie

【夢狐】
The game itself is only 45 dollars for the whole thing and alpha/beta access. If you go on the website right now, everything else is a pledge which is used to fund the game (more often than not, to fund the development of the ship or thing you pledged for). Every single asset that can be bought with a pledge can be gained in the released game, save special edition things like the concept Vanduul Scythe and the AMD-promotional Mustang Omega. When the game releases, it is being released as two separate entities; Star Citizen (the MMO) and Squadron 42 (the full singleplayer platform), which are supposed to sell at retail standard (aka $60.00 + tax ea.). There won't be any subscription fees, as they'll be making money off of microtransactions for stuff like skins, clothing, special currencies; the usual. Don't drop big money into a ship pledge unless it's to fund the game, because you'll be disappointed when the game goes live in 1.5-2 years and that P2W mechanic you bargained for doesn't exist because everyone just earns that ship in game a few weeks into it.

That said, the game's no new project and I've been following it for over a year. I have an Omega and a Gladius, as they are both super sexy af, and one came with my GPU. :3

Been a backer for a while. But I'll be spending more money to make sure I can run it at its highest quality. :p

Thanks Coryth for mentioning Mark Hamill. Almost more exited to see him in SQ42 than in TFA.

[member="Darth Erebos"] [member="Coryth Elaris"]

When I pledged for the Aegis Avenger, I did the package deal for $75. Includes a bit of ingame currency, the ship, 6 months of insurance in game, and Squadron 42 Digital Download as well as some other stuff. So look into the package deals on the site if you are interested. It's a bit pricier right away but in the end a rather good deal.

Yup, I have! It was awesome! Really love what they are doing. For me it's like everything I love and want in games, all rolled into one single game. It's going to be freaking sweet when it finally comes out!

[member="Enoch Zambrano"]

Nyxie

【夢狐】
For anyone who hasn't watched this... watch in now!! It will change your life forever. owo​
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EC4WHPxnrk​
And yes, that is Gary Oldman. :D

[member="Solanum Tuberosum"] I think I just wept in joy from seeing that :D

[member="Kurayami Bloodborn"] [member="Solanum Tuberosum"] I'm thinking on the freelancer package myself.

[member="Enoch Zambrano"] probably all my money is going towards upgrading my computer for this game too CX I really want a vr rig and the hotas along with it though.

[member="Coryth Elaris"] after seeing that trailer I really can't wait to get my hands on sq 42 now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom