Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private So it would seem.

In most cases, one could find a sith in the depths of a catacomb or in the shadows of a private room when they were deep in thought, ruminating on the nature of the dark side. Yet no matter how hard one looked, they would not find Wake Nayne in such a place. Instead, search for the highest peak with the most spectacular view of the sky above. A place where the clouds do not obscure the stars, where the light of the cosmos bathes the land and mingles with the darkness of night. Wake had found one such place, atop a monolithic peak some distance away from the valley. Korriban was to outsiders, a desolate world, but he saw a world rich with life and vitality. The power of the Dark Side gave the world strength.

Wake sat on a circular platform he had discovered at that place, a meditation circle surrounded by a dozen heavy red stones. They floated easily in the air as Wake sat in quiet meditation, feeling the emotions and memories of the hundreds he had slain in his pursuit of power. He watched their most joyous memories. He watched them weep. He watched them suffer. He watched himself kill them. He felt their last moments and he felt their first. He felt their love and their hate. The power swirled around him, lifting the stones and his own body higher as he sat cross-legged at the center, hovering in the air as waves of strength rippled off of him in the glow of the moons of Korriban. Wake's endless ruminations since the Caldera had lead him to choose seclusion and silence, to reflect, and consider.

Next to him, a pamphlet of partially-written notes, a treatise in the making, hovered gently. Occasionally the pen would move of its own accord, scribbling down a thought. The silence broken by the scritch scritch scritch of the pen on paper. Yet the solitude was not one he guarded carefully. Wake walked the path of the purest form of the dark side, he was open about his emotions. He did not hide nor conceal his presence to anyone. His love for the sith and his hatred for those who would go against the ways of nature-like the jedi-rippled and tore at the air. The ground seethed with his lusts and particles in the air glowed brightly with his joys. He savored every emotion as he broke it down and converted it into more dark power. Wrestling control of himself until he had reached equilibrium once more.

A beacon of darkness made manifest.

It was because of this, several young sith had traveled to meet the unnaturally wise young sith sage. He had taught and listened and aided without restraint. His strange ways anathema to the greedy hoarding of the past. They had left more powerful than before and in silence. It was on just another night in his deep meditations when he felt a presence draw closer that he had been waiting for. It had been some time since he had last seen the young Sith who had embraced her emotions with his guidance.

Wake's lip twitched into a smile and he opened his eyes, his upturned head already basking in the moonlight. " Aliris Tremiru Aliris Tremiru !" He barked out, laughing with delight, "Welcome to this place, what do you think of the view?" He asked eagerly, gesturing out beyond the edge of the mountain to the vast natural desolace of Korriban beyond.

1pOTktR.png

370d9lz.png

Aliris wasn't exactly sure how she found him, but she certainly didn't complain. Of the Sith Aliris had gotten to know over time, the one she could say she trusted the most was Wake. Followed probably by Alisteri, if only because he seemed to know more about her family. That was neither here nor there though. She smiled just a little before finding a spot to sit beside him, turning her gaze up to the stars above.

"It's a view. I don't mind it. You seem to find the most interesting places though."

Darth Nwul Darth Nwul

Wake's smile broadened when she sat down next to him and he lowered from his deeper meditation, the stones landing around him. He drew up his knee and rest his arm atop it, glancing up at the sky and letting out a breath. Aliris had been the first Sith he'd shared his impressions of the dark side with. He'd helped her through her emotions, opening her to her feelings. He'd seen her acquire power, real power, and had felt her strength on the Caldera.

"You got strong, your fight on the caldera was spectacular, even when I couldn't be close to see it," Wake said and glanced her way, "Did you confront the one you mentioned that night?"

Aliris Tremiru Aliris Tremiru

1pOTktR.png

370d9lz.png

Ah. Yeah. Caldera. That actually brought a frown to Aliris's face as she remembered what had happened. She could barely hold her own against just Braze Braze , but when that damned Ashlan came into the picture again, she'd almost lost her life. She reached up, rubbing at her neck just a little. She still felt it, the bruises that had been healed in that same battle.

".. I did. He stubbornly wants to remain being a Jedi, and I wasn't strong enough to bring him back. .. Nor was I strong enough to survive, really. Turns out something is inside of me, waiting for a chance to possess me. She's the one who killed them. Probably that power you felt, too. .. It wasn't me, is what I mean."

Darth Nwul Darth Nwul

She was frustrated. Of course she was. Wake nodded solemnly as a small smile inched across his face. There was doubt there, a backpedaling to repression. She had been born an Ashlan so it was no surprise to him that she would struggle with what he taught her. He took a deep breath and tasted the spectrum of her emotions and the truth behind her words. Self doubt, an imposter complex ready to take root. She had only just awakened to using all of her emotions and had expected greater returns. But such things took time.

"Your emotions color your thoughts," Wake said simply and glanced her way, "If it is inside of you, it is a part of you, isn't it? No matter how alien it feels. 'She' belongs to you, you just have yet to accept it," Wake continued and reached out to squeeze her shoulder from the side.

"Let that failure to save your friend from the Jedi drive you, let your love for him give you strength, let your hate for your failure push you to do more, let the joyous image of your success give you focus," He said and released her shoulder, "That power inside of you needs to be tamed, so let's tame it, yeah?" He offered her a snarky thumbs up.

1pOTktR.png

370d9lz.png

She belonged to her?

Aliris just frowned. From everything she'd experienced, it felt the other way around. Just a vessel for a long lived Sith. And not even the first vessel to be used. She shook her head. No. Wake was right. It was still her body. She just needed to figure out a way to make the spirit inside her kneel. It was just an ancient Sith Sorcerer. No biggy.

The stress of that thought was clear on her face, but she didn't comment on it. Instead, she raised a brow.

".. Wait what? Tame it? Right now?"

Darth Nwul Darth Nwul

He burst into laughter.

"Aliris there's no such thing as an instant fix, not even with the power of the dark side. Things take time to learn and master," He said with a shake of his head, "No no, but we can get started on the process, now can't we?"

He turned to face her, pulling back a few inches so she had room to sit knee to knee with him over the central spot on the meditation dais. "First things first, before we do anything, you need to become more comfortable with accepting your emotions and recognizing them. Last time you were so backed up you started a storm, as you gain strength, such a backlash could be considerably worse. Channel your emotions with me, acknowledge all that you're feeling right here, right now, and consume them. This should become a regular habit for you," He instructed, holding out his hands and drawing in his own breath, he allowed the dark side to draw into him and confronted his own emotions.

"I am overjoyed you came back to see me. I am frustrated for you in your failure. I am excited to go down this new road. I am angry at my own road blocks. I am confident that I will overcome them. I feel love for my fellow sith. I feel pity for the ones who cannot experience the world as you and I do. I feel and experience my passions. Peace is a lie, there is only passion," Wake exhaled, the force building inside of his chest like a whirlwind, each emotion acknowledged and consumed until it was converted into power and stored in the crucible at his core.

"Now you, face your emotions,"

1pOTktR.png

370d9lz.png

"Channel and accept."

Aliris nodded slowly, closing her eyes to follow along with what he was saying. A regular habit to sit and meditate over her emotions. The Ashlans would be furious at such a thing, that much she was sure about. Deep breaths. She breathed in, sitting comfortably, focusing her mind. What was she feeling, exactly?

".. I fear the spirit in me. When I almost died, it spoke up, offered a way out. I was so scared of dying, I accepted. Then it took over. The power she had was.. Intoxicatingly powerful, but it wasn't me. She understood the metal I have and used it in a way I didn't think was possible. I'm jealous of that. I hate that I'm so weak in comparison. I'm frustrated that Braze Braze couldn't see my side of our argument, that he has to think the Sith is just a destructive, awful path. I'm confident that I can show him otherwise, when I'm stronger. .. I'm excited to get stronger."

She nodded. That, of anything, was what she was most eager for. Getting stronger. Peace was a lie. If she was going to continue getting stronger, she needed passion.

Darth Nwul Darth Nwul

Wake internalized what she was saying, making special note of her confession about who she had such strong feelings for. Braze was such a curious young man, and it seemed that he had a greater role to play than he imagined. The force certainly had plans for him. Wake kept his thoughts on Braze to himself, though, there was no reason to muddle her thoughts right now. She needed clarity of purpose to embrace, focus, command, and use her emotions. He breathed in the spectrum of her emotions, tasting them. All that she was experiencing was present within that spectrum, good.

He exhaled, "Good, good," He drawled, "Now feel those emotions, feel them without restraint, consume them and use them to build up your strength. They are your emotions, they belong to you, you own them, dominate your feelings and revel in them," He encouraged her, guided her, "I can feel your strength growing as you accept these truths about yourself, your power, the dark side flows through you undiluted, untainted, breathe in the spectrum of emotions, experience yours, experience mine. I do not hide my feelings," He urged. Just as he fed on her emotions, she in turn could feed on his.

Grow strong, Aliris.

"Through passion, we gain strength, through strength, we gain power, do you see it now? Savor it until you are ready and we will continue," He breathed, reflecting on the nature of the power she described. A latent ability, or perhaps a true possession? Either way, commanding it would not prove to be a simple task, it would take time. The first thing to do was to build up her internal reserves and willpower through the use of dark side meditation and training. She needed to be able to crush and dominate the will of whatever it was that was possessing her, or at least force its yoke off her shoulders when necessary.

1pOTktR.png

370d9lz.png

Breathe in his emotions? Aliris opened an eye, peering at him with a brow raised. That.. Didn't make sense to her. Or at least, she wasn't sure how. He'd made mention of it a couple times now, him being able to feel her emotions. Was that something anyone could do? Could she feel other people? She closed her eyes again, trying to.. Feel. For emotion. It sounded so weird in her head, but..

It made sense. Something clicked, or maybe it was just putting a word to what she'd been feeling from Wake. His emotions. Huh.

"It's.. Weird. But.. Yeah. I can feel the power in it."

Darth Nwul Darth Nwul

Wake snorted at her confusion, grinning at her. His expression eased into a more relaxed smile as he felt the force begin to bubble inside of her again. Perhaps he was rushing it a little with his previous instruction. She'd experienced opening herself to her emotions before, the intense force waves that had come out of her. This was no different, she was opening herself to her emotions and accepting them. Then consuming them.

"We sith get our strength from our feelings, our emotions. Of course you feel power there, use it, draw on it. That's the fuel for your fire. Let it burn. Your memories and feelings will always be yours, so ignite those feelings and channel the dark side with me," He said evenly, opening his eyes at last. They were an eerie yellow, the sclera darkening towards blackness. Red began to blossom at the core of his now-yellow eyes, spreading like a flowers petals. He let the dark side burn, the chill turning into an inferno as he fed on his emotions. He let the force pass through himself and into her.

"Build your strength, take your time, we are in no rush," He hissed.

1pOTktR.png

370d9lz.png

Ignite the feelings.

She took a breath. Focused on those feelings. She'd felt it when the First had taken over. How they used their power in her body. It was foreign, yet familiar. The real trick was making it her own. She wasn't copying the First, she was using her emotions herself. Aliris's brow furrowed in her frustration. It was her power. This was her power. This was her power. The revelation clicked, and at once she blinked open her eyes.

Yellow burned through her once blue eyes. Accepting her emotion, it gave control. And feeling those emotions gave her power. Lightning danced around her. And for once, it didn't burn her skin. It was her power. Not her trials.

"Fascinating.."

Darth Nwul Darth Nwul

Wake nodded slowly, locking eyes with her as she returned her attention to the waking world. He felt the power swirling inside of her. Strength. He exhaled and drew up his feelings, demonstrating how similar it was to using the dark side like your usual sith. It was indistinguishable. He sought memories that would inspire rage, fury, hatred, and his pulse quickened. The dark side thundered around him, cold, spiteful, angry. He crushed the emotions with a dominant thought and returned them from whence they came. He allowed himself to feel something different this time, broadcasting joy, exhuberance, belief, fanaticism, wonder into the air. The dark side came again through him; and this time it was warm like a fire that grew hotter and hotter as the intensity ramped up.

Flames ignited in the air around him, dancing with the bolts of lightning that pirouetted through the scene.

"Very good!" He crowed with delight and approval, broadcasting the same emotion towards her, letting the acknowledgement wash over her in a wave. "That is your power, your emotion, more than just hate. A pure darksider," Wake intoned, his yellow eyes blazing with zeal. "It feels pretty freakin' great, doesn't it?" He laughed.

"That power lurking inside of you, whether it is a true spirit or not, I can't yet tell," He added, "You have your own power to depend on for now as you practice drawing on what lurks within," He reached out and pointed at her heart, "For the time being see if you cannot connect with that thing lurking inside of you. Commune with it, gain some sort of understanding of its nature, do not try to interact too directly. Your goal is to be a poison to it, eat away at it until all of it is under your control," He said, his tone cold despite his supportive words.

"One step at a time."

1pOTktR.png

370d9lz.png

"One step at a time."

Aliris echoed Wake's words, nodding slowly. She just needed to erode the will of the First and make it her own power. It sounded complicated and difficult, but with the power she did have, it was possible, right?

And the First couldn't keep control of her. Why, she didn't know. But so long as that was the reality, why not take advantage of it?

"Then I'll be a poison. She's already a poison to me, so it's only fitting, right?"

Darth Nwul Darth Nwul

Wake nodded at her comment, "Well said," Wake said with a smile. Her patience would serve her well, using her emotions, her rage, her love, at the right time was crucial to her growth. The ancient sith were remarkably patient despite the fast and loose route they took to the dark side.

He let out a breath and set the role of teacher and therapist aside for a while. Instead, he reached out with the force and dragged a sack that was sitting off to the side over to him. He opened it and drew a pair of cans as well as some tins filled with food. He dropped the food between them and opened one of the cans, taking a drink.

He didn't say anything besides give her an easy grin and chug down some sparkling water. Sure, masters could sustain themselves on the force, but the two of them had a long way to go and self-care was just another way to nurture themselves.

1pOTktR.png

370d9lz.png

She blinked slowly as she saw him pull out some cans. Food, drink? Was he having a picnic here when she decided to come by? She bit back the laugh that had formed as she reached out to take one of the drinks and cracking it open. Taking a swig. Water. Sparkling water. She paused to stare at it for a moment in bewilderment. It was full of bubbles? Fizzy?

".. Why is this fizzy? What did they do to this water?"

Darth Nwul Darth Nwul

Wake blinked a couple times, was she serious?

"It's sparkling water!" He barked out a laugh, "You've never had sparkling water before? The texture's amazing, but it's just water otherwise. Quenches ya!" He rambled, taking a sip of his own water and cracking open one of the food tins. Inside was just some ready-made-food that was a bit on the nicer side. He'd stocked up quite a bit before dragging himself back out to this place. The twins were invaluable in helping him get things now that they were in his employ.

"It's a process called carbonation, where they inject carbon dioxide into the water and then it is kept under pressure. Some people add sweetners or even potent syrups to it, or even alchohols, this is just water though," Wake explained, taking another fizzy and satisfying sip. He relaxed a little, letting the hours of meditation fall off of him a bit. He'd been sitting in the same pose for who knew how long.

1pOTktR.png

Wake laughed, "You're right, its incredibly weird, why would someone implement something like this except the sheer desire to exact pleasure from the beverage? In short, a luxury," He winked at her, "We should savor what luxuries we can get our hands on, and use the pleasure and delight from those experiences as fuel," He said thoughtfully before shaking his head.

"I sound like a damn priest," He scratched his head, "Guess I'm still a little full after my feast at the Gates," He said irritably. The minds he had consumed had an effect on his own thought patterns. He was centuries older mentally than he was physically. Various degrees and definitions of maturity competed inside of his skull until they blended into a new whole that flavored the man known as Wake.

He popped a piece of his meal into his mouth and chewed, "Mmh! You should have some of yours, protein!"

1pOTktR.png

370d9lz.png

"Luxury." What a weird thought. She took another sip, smiling after a moment. She could get used to luxury, couldn't she? Aliris smiled warmly as she lowered the can, stared back out towards the view. It was a great view, really. Though she blinked after a moment, glancing to her meal. Oh, right. Food. She took up a piece, munching down with a faint smile. Food was important, right? Growing body and what not.

".. How do I poison her?"

Darth Nwul Darth Nwul

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom