Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So I'm actually gonna write an Arc...

Ravenous

R
Skip to "Okay I'm done ranting now" if you don't want to see me shatter my own ego

Yes, I want to plan out an ACTUAL character arc for once! Is that so unbelievable? Sure most of the time whenever Ravenous has a character arc it just spontaneously happens when I accidentally manage to focus on a single plot point or even rarer I actually manage to commit to a storyline SOMEONE ELSE came up with and I end up getting some development out of it but that's beside the point! I want impressive writing feats and I want it right now!

This isn't going to be like my other writing where my "arc" is just a loosely connected thread of events that just happen to have a few similarities in common! No, this time I'm going to sit down and actually have an arc where Ravenous works through a problem like a semi-normal human being and manages to change and grow as a person because of it. One atrocity I think I've committed with Ravenous is that most of his misadventures have no impact on him small or otherwise. Ravenous is the same person no matter what happens even though the whole point of his character is that he's supposed to be a villain whose motives and philosophy constantly evolves.

Like I'm not even joking when I say I've been writing this guy for about three years now and I can only think of one instance where he actually changes as a person. ONE. I've had a lot of background character development with Ravenous and his "insanity" subplot but that's not good enough! YOU HAVE TO SHOW IT! You can't just say "oh he changes over time because his mind is so broken" NO! ACTUALLY, WRITE IT OUT, YOU IDIOT!

Okay, I'm done ranting now.

Anyway, I was thinking about having a storyline where Ravenous essentially does something despicable because he's sad but then notices that being evil 100% of the time doesn't make you happy because...I mean c'mon LOOK AT YOURSELF MAN! Now normally at this point most people would try to reform and make a turnaround for themselves but since Ravenous is...Ravenous he's going to do the exact opposite and blame his own humanity as the primary cause of his problems (which again is another storyline I HINTED at but never actually committed to.)

Everything about Ravenous at this point suggests he hates himself for feeling human emotions because his logic is that: No feelings = No heartbreak x Maximum efficiency, Which to us normal people is an obvious sign of needing a snickers bar. I mean the dude literally let a Sith spirit feed on his mind because he values his psyche so little

So I was thinking that I could have an Arc where Ravenous tries to abandon his humanity so he doesn't have to justify his actions or live with a massive burden on his shoulders. I figure this is the best direction for Ravenous to take at this moment because being a villain is his whole shtick and he needs to evolve if he wants to move toward his max potential.

So concerning the actual storyline, it would mainly consist of Ravenous pushing himself past his limits and really delving into the depths of depravity by basically going around and.....screwing with people. Ravenous is planning to cut every single emotional tie he has in order to develop and it's going to require him to explore things about himself and the world that he's never even considered before. He's going to have to face the terror of what he did on Onderon. He's going to have to reevaluate his time with the Sith. He's going to have to get a haircut. He's going to have to look himself in the mirror, think about every terrible, horrible, unforgivable, monstrous war crime of a sin he's ever committed, realize he is the scum of the earth and deserves every punishment in the lake of fire there is...and then say...This is Ravenous...and I feel nothing for this man.

So I'm gonna ask you all for some feedback. What do you think of this? Are my ten brain cells enough to handle such as task?

And remember: Don't be the guy who writes a character FOR THREE YEARS and only has about one genuine arc to show for it.

I read through this on a whim.

You're not someone I've ever written with or even come across before, but something was seriously telling me to open this and have a read and I must say, I'm genuinely very glad I decided to do so. What you've written down is actually a well thought out story with serious repercussions for the character that is being affected by the story.

I don't know enough about Ravenous to judge if this makes sense for his character, I don't know enough about the past character to know if blaming his own humanity is something he'd do. You said yourself he's definitely hinted at it, so I'm gonna take it that yeah, he absolutely would blame his own humanity rather than yknow, realize he's a bad person.

I love thinking about where ditching his humanity could leave him as a character. The idea of him facing and processing everything he's ever done and becoming broken by it, but I must say I actually prefer thinking about the story that gets there. The emotional breakdown, the mental debate, everything that comes of that.

Very much interested in seeing where this goes.

Ravenous

will you sink down to me?
Very much interested in seeing where this goes.

So much same.

I think there's some serious potential for character dev here. As for if you can do it, sure you can! Believe in yourself. Write the arc of your dreams. It'll be great. If you ever need a new face for Ravenous to meet along the way, hit me up. Either way, I'll be reading along; best of luck! :)

Ravenous

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom