Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So, I'm a little confused...

Visenya D'alaetos

Rising of the Phoenix
Poking around the board, I've noticed things like an auction house, a factory, a location creator, etc. So my question is, do ships have to be built here in a shipyard thread similar to TRF way back in the old days? Do I have to submit for approval if I want to have a base of operations, or visit a world that doesn't have a canon city? Is there a monetary system here, and if so how do you earn credits?

Help! :)

Visenya D'alaetos said:
Poking around the board, I've noticed things like an auction house, a factory, a location creator, etc. So my question is, do ships have to be built here in a shipyard thread similar to TRF way back in the old days? Do I have to submit for approval if I want to have a base of operations, or visit a world that doesn't have a canon city? Is there a monetary system here, and if so how do you earn credits?

Help! :)
The Codex and Factory (those two big categories of forums at the bottom of the front page) are as optional as you want them to be. The purpose of both the Codex and Factory are so that there is both a log of what "fanon" stuff has been made, as well as just a little check against people flying around with the most insane things imaginable.

If you want to make site original lore and technology, then the Codex and Factory are where to go. If you stick mostly to canon stuff, then you have no reason to use it.

Nyx

Insert Hilarious Title Here
It depends on the size of the ship; if it's just a small personal ship, then no, there doesn't have to be a dev thread. If it's over a thousand meters, there does have to be a thread.
We don't have a money system, we just try to keep it to what we think our characters would have.
[member="Visenya D'alaetos"]

[member="Visenya D'alaetos"]
The factory and the codex are both entirely optional unless you are requested by a role-playing judge or Admin to submit something to either, in the instance that you are reported for abusing something (such as a stealth generator or something that is used to completely bypass all forms of detection). As such you don't need to submit things like ships, lightsabers, guns, locations, and so on - I've never submitted a location, actually. if you do submit something to either places you will need to follow the templates for each submission, and there are certain rules on submitting ships to the factory - no player may own their own private ship over the size of 400 m, for example. If you wish to submit a ship over 1000 meters you will need a 10 post development thread minimum, as well as an applicable company to produce them or a faction. You do not necessarily need a shipyard, though it is something that does help shipbuilding companies such as Kuat Drive, Rendili Drive, and so on.

Feel free to use an YT freighter or TIE Fighter or anything of the like from canon, or visit any city you can imagine - all without submitting to either place. I would suggest not submitting a location to the codex until you've fleshed out such a city through role-play anyways, as it helps with the submission.

Visenya D'alaetos said:
Is there a monetary system here, and if so how do you earn credits?
Also, to answer this, we do not have a strict monetary system - but we do use credits. Characters can be as rich as you want - within reason of course - but will more often than not be asked to provide proof of wealth through some sort of material ownership (like owning a company of tier 2 or above, in the instance of claiming to be a multi-millionaire) or planetary leadership. It is all relative to the character, so if you're a King/Queen of a notably wealthy planet (such as Kuat or Empress Teta) you can expect less resistance from company owners in the marketplace when placing relatively expensive requests, though they still have the right to deny any and all purchase requests.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom