Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So I want to make a Jedi.

So the only RPing I've ever done has been in MMOs so although I'm not completely new to the RP scene I've never done it on a forum before. I've always wanted to RP a Jedi but unfortunately the only Star Wars MMO currently out has a heavy lack of RP so I decided to try this. There are a couple of questions I have though.

Ok so I want to RP a Jedi, but I'm actually not that well versed in Star Wars Lore. I figured I'd start relatively young and build up a character but I have no idea how young to start. I'd rather skip the child phase as I have a lack of talent RPing children, but I don't mind teen and above. Also I would like to know how to go about finding a Master willing to teach a young Jedi on these forums.

I noticed you have to get an Avatar for your character, but my skill in drawing starts and stops at stick figures. How would I go about getting one?

Any tips and tricks that you've learned though experience would be helpful.

Although I'd rather avoid it how does combat work generally work? I'm used to rolling to decide actions.

On another note sorry if these questions are answered elsewhere I have no idea how to navigate these forums... actually any information on that would be helpful as well(as well as general terminology). Thank you for your time.

Primordus

The Red Necked Mando
For Avatar go about google images, nobody makes there own, well almost nobody.

Ages for Jedi is anywhere now as most Jedi are around the young adult area.

I'd also look up some examples for your other questions by reading some of the threads in open rp.

[member="Zinboldo"]

Primordus

The Red Necked Mando
Pulled this from wikipedia

In the latter case, combat and other measures are handled by requiring players to avoid detailing the results of their actions, and thus leave an opening for a response by other involved players. Consider the following possible post from a character named Bob attacking Joe:

Bob punched Joe in the chest, knocking him over.

This post makes the assumption that Joe takes no further action to avoid the attack from Bob and that he will drop as a result. These types of actions are often called "autohits" as they "automatically hit" without allowing for a response by the affected character, and there may be rules against such actions (commonly referred to as the 'no power playing' rule). Alternatively, Bob may be required to write something like the following:

Bob swung a punch at Joe's chest, attempting to knock him over.

This allows Joe to respond to the action without contradicting the post.

Primordus

The Red Necked Mando
For the master thing you should join a faction (top of the browser) and, since your a jedi, join either the Republic, Levantine Sanctum or Order of the Silver Jedi. I don't know what the difference between them is

Then you go to the request master forum that most have and ask for one, or you could seek out someone that is taking on apprentices that you should be able to find in the same thread.

[member="Zinboldo"]

Most Factions (you can find the link at the top right of the page) have Force using members and will take Padawans/learners.

I'm biased as to hich Faction I'd choose, but there are quite a few to chose from. I'm happy to answer any personal questions if you PM (personal message me) which you can do by clicking on my name above my avatar and choosing the messaging option). And don't be put off by my festive sweaters!

But you'll find so many people here on the boards willing to help out and answer questions.

Above all...have fun :)

I'm a Jedi. Hi! welcome aboard.

(Also, I'm biased towards the Republic as well, but I'm one of those few soldiers who moonlights as a Jedi and not the other way around. I know I'm always looking for students but I'm more looking for a military-minded Jedi so your mileage may vary.)

I hope you enjoy SWRP!

Catherine Romanov

C
Jedi you say?

I'm sure [member="Corvus Raaf"] and [member="Kana Truden"] would be happy to help you out. They are two of the nicest Jedi around that I know of.

And what Miles say is right, you don't need to draw yourself an avatar, just search of an art/photo of something/someone you othink would best suit your character and bam, there you go!

(Awww, thank you [member="Catherine Maxwell"]!)

Yes! Both me and [member="Corvus Raaf"] would be superhappy to help with any questions you have. Feel free to PM us about whatever you want! :)

Hey there! Welcome to Chaos. ^_^

We're happy to answer any and all questions, but specific is better than general. Best advice for navigating is "read the forum description," but I'm sure whoever the Republic drops you for a master will help you through the logistical portions of the site.

On an unrelated note, if you're really not well versed in the non-movie lore, I'd suggest watching the Clone Wars series or just browsing Wookieepedia for a while. Both will net you a crash course on Star Wars EU in just a couple of hours. Might give you some cool ideas, too. :D

So I wanna build a Jediiiiiiii *shot*

I'm sorry. Welcome to Chaos - pretty much all of the information already posted in this thread is relevant, [member="Zane Watts"] and [member="Fabula Cavataio"]'s flirting aside.

[member="Zinboldo"]

You don't have to be Sith to use lightning. There is a middle and some will argue about its existence, but there is an Order of the Grey Jedi and I am a teacher. Perfect for the Jedi who walks to the beat of their own drum.

I actually know of the Grey Jedi, but I don't know much about them. Honestly they seem to have an ideal closer to my own as the Jedi Order seems to shun emotion as well as attachments. I'd be willing to give it a try, but I'll definitely have to look up more about them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom