Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Snow Veiled Plots

Darth Megarea

D

The majority of the High Sith had begun making their way to orbit above Ossus. A few servants still lingered in Compound Meridian, though they would always be here. While the place was not to be abandoned, most of Megarea's resources were going to be making the trip to Malagarr aboard the Crimson Path that had just arrived in the system. In time, Compound Meridian would be staffed again, and filled with the first generation of High Sith Apprentices sent to learn here. For now, it must remain empty to avoid drawing too much attention to the site. Turning away from her view on the walls of the compound, Megarea was about to make her way to the last remaining transport ship when a new feeling drew her attention.

Glancing behind her, she spotted the approach of an unknown shuttle. A late arrival to the gathering, perhaps? A curious native wondering what this former farm had suddenly turned into? Megarea was not certain, and Compound Meridian lacked any weaponry capable of shooting down the shuttle. Sighing, she turned away from her own transport, waving for it to stand down. It was for the best she meet the approaching ship first. The individual on board was strong in the Dark Side, Megarea was certain. At the very least, she would want to meet the person before she tried to recruit them. Or kill them.

Decisions like this always gave her headaches.

Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru

370d9lz.png

Regardless what happened with the Maw, there was always other Sith groups cropping up. After the fall of the Empire, it wasn't surprising. But while Alina was always a fan of groups that refused to bend the knee to the Sith Lords that abandoned the dying Empire for their own gain, she was no fool. Wars would not stop. Enemies would not cease to exist. Her plans hinged on the Sith working together.

Enough so she could gain the power she needed to make all the Lords bend the knee.

So she came here. To see this new group of Sith. To see if they were worth her time and focus. Once her shuttle landed she strode out, head held high as her pale skin reflected the light of the evening sun. Her golden eyes stared at the woman in waiting.

"High Sith, yes?"

Last edited:

Darth Megarea

D

Megarea arched a single eyebrow at Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru as she approached and spoke, a simple question. There was not introduction, and no initial outreach of greeting. A blunt question, but it was far from the first one she had dealt with today. Folding her arms across her chest, the black cloak and robe she wore masking her entire form. She could sense a strength in the woman before her, but also something else. A hunger would be the best way to describe it, though Megarea would keep this thought to herself till she should put a better understanding to the feeling.

"I lead the High Sith, yes." She responded in an equally straightforward and upfront manner, tilting her head to the side slightly as she took in the person before her.

370d9lz.png

"Ah, you lead them?" Well, more a confirmation that what the Sith before her said was accurate. No one would be foolish to claim sovereignty over a group of Sith unless it was true. Alina hummed in amusement. To think she'd meet the leader right away.. That's where the question came from. Disbelief in her.. Luck? Was this a lucky moment? She shrugged off the thought as she continued forward. Her golden eyes stared down at the other woman, very much like a predator would prey.

"Who are you?"

Darth Megarea

Darth Megarea

D

Megarea quirked an eyebrow at the woman's question, though she was bemused enough to go along for now. In time, perhaps she would grow bored of this and end the little meeting, but for now there was no harm in it. "I am Darth Megarea, stranger. Now, would you mind to introduce yourself? It is common courtesy to explain who you are when coming to someone's property, I believe." Her words were detached of emotions as she spoke, though a sense of amusement could be detected briefly through the Force.

370d9lz.png

Alina could feel nothing in the Force. She never could. Her golden gaze stayed on the other, narrowed in a silent judgement. Watching, listening. "A Sith of no renown. Much like yourself, and most of those you've gathered here." She turned her head, staring at the shuttle just past the Sith. Looking it over for weapons, troops. Sith. "To make your own Sith is to invite challenge from others. Sith, Jedi, Mandalorians. There are billions who will want you dead. So, what makes you think you can survive?"

Darth Megarea

Darth Megarea

D

The amusement died in that moment, and Megarea tilted her head to the side slightly, annoyed. "Perhaps, but all must begin somewhere. We all must." Turning, she glanced up at the last transport carrying the new High Sith into orbit. She sighed, turning back to face the latest vocal opponent today. "Thousands already want me dead, some of them so recently pledged to my banner. What is a few billion more." Narrowing her eyes, she lifted her right hand. Snow began to accumulate on her upraised palm, forming a small pile.

"I have survived this long in a galaxy that despises my very existence. I defeated Sith Cults, killed Jedi Knights, and escaped from situations that should have killed me. I did this alone, but now, I have others. Soon, I will have an Empire. Is that not enough?" She sent Sith Lightning coursing along her hand, melting the snow, and sending trickles of water to the ground below.

370d9lz.png

"Everything must start somewhere, yes. But why set out on your own so.. Recklessly, I wonder? Why not bide your time in the shadow of the Maw or the Sith Order? Why not simply build up your power while letting others take that hate?" That was the core of it all. Alina's gaze shifted to the melted snow before she set a hand on the hilt of her lightsaber. Unable to feel the Force meant she was unable to feel threats like so many others could.

It never hurt to be prepared.

"What makes you think your Empire will succeed off on it's own under your rule? Cults, Jedi Knights, they're nothing compared to the Lords who still claim rule."

Darth Megarea

Darth Megarea

D

"The Lords who still Claim to rule." The words were spoken with derision as Megarea folded her arms across her chest. "The Brotherhood of the Maw and their masters the New Sith Order are the greatest threat to the Sith that has existed in centuries. Their path, their vision for our kind would be our doom. Only eradication can change that fate. The Sith Order, the remnants of a failed Empire that was destroyed by their own actions."

She shrugged her shoulders then. "In such company, is my own nation truly so strange? You ask why do I not tie myself to a rampaging beast, or a half starved beast. Instead, I seek to domesticate my own. Properly groomed and trained from birth, it would become strong enough to eliminate my foes, and smart enough to outplay its enemies."

370d9lz.png

"A mad beast or a half starved beast can at least defend itself when it's enemies come knocking. You put yourself in a vulnerable position just trying to build power. Your power. Seems to me it's more of pride that drives you. You want to rule, you want to be in charge." For once, she smiled. Flashed her fangs in the least friendly smile she'd had all day. "Or am I wrong, some how, Megarea?"

Darth Megarea

Darth Megarea

D

"Is it so wrong to desire power?" The smile from the woman before her was unexpected, though it gave her some indicator of the individual behind the mask being presented. "I believe myself to be the best suited for the path ahead, and should that path lead to rulership, so be it." She let a smile of her own cross her face then, carefully shown to just the right amount. "Helping that path along to such an end would be of interest to me."

370d9lz.png

"It's a Sith's nature to crave power. I don't fault you for it, unless you get yourself killed." Those who lived had a right to rule. Those who died, well. They were too weak. That was always how the Sith worked. Alina stepped forward, looming over Megarea with an ever growing grin. Letting the dark cover most of her features as her golden eyes stared down. "And what will you do if a rival were to approach and challenge you? How will you keep the Sith from craving that power themselves and plot against you? How do you plan to survive the politics of it all?"

Darth Megarea

Darth Megarea

D

Megarea stared up at Alina as she stepped forward. There was certainly a height difference, though there usually were. She was not the tallest woman in the galaxy by any stretch, and asserting her position against those who believed themselves stronger or better than her based solely on height was something she was used to. She momentarily thought about igniting the lightsaber at her side and cutting this woman at the knees. She calculated that would likely get them to roughly even height.

She controlled herself though, and instead flexed her left hand slowly. The ground around the two Sith began to blister and crack, and small explosions of rock shot out around them. The ground continued to shake and shift for a few moments, all the while Megarea spoke to Alina calmly. "I shall do what I have always done. When I am challenged, when my foes reveal themselves to me, and when the time comes to fight for my right to rule.." She paused then, and the ground stopped shaking. Megarea now stood on a raised mound of rock and snow, looking Alina in the eye.

"I shall rise to the challenge."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom