Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Sneer Cat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilamar Skirata

The most important step is always the next one
bbacec100cad5ebaf11249df9c37e901_zpsaxf3x1tb.jpg
Jaemin_Kim_05a.jpg

Name: Sneer Cat
Designation: Non-Sentient
Homeworld: Daoria
Language: N/A
Average Lifespan: 25
Estimated Population: ~5000

Average height of adults: 1.2 Meters at shoulder
Average length of adults:
Skin color: Browns, Blacks
Hair color: N/A
Distinctions:
  • Crown-like mane of keratin {Male}
  • Keratin horns {Female}
  • Spiked Club-like Tail
  • Unhinging Jaw
  • Retractable Claws
  • Scales

Breathes: Type I
Strengths:
  • Fire Breath: The Sneer Cat can spite and ignite a flammable substance from glands under its tongue. The organ that ignites the substance begins at the species' equivalent of puberty, however adolescent Sneer Cats practice spitting flames from a young age. These glands can hold several minutes of continuous flame, though prolonged use of their fire can burn their tongues. If the gland is completely emptied it can take up to 48 hours before it is filled again.
  • Spiked Club: The male Sneer Cat has a long, flexible tail that it can use like a club.
  • 3D Smellivision: Just like many snakes from around the Galaxy, the Sneer Cat's tongue doubles as a nose allowing it to create a 3D world for it to see through smelling the air around it making it an exceptional hunter both during the day and the night.
  • Inherent Strength: Its a big reptile/cat and as is with most large predators it is stronger than most humanoid species naturally.
Weaknesses:
  • Inability to swim
  • Smellivision: Because they rely on their tongues so much to understand the terrain around them, filling the air with chemicals, spices, or really anything that would overwhelm their tongue they effectively lose their ability to smell anything other than what is in the air. Thus things like intense fires, gasses, or even food some times can leave them half blind.
  • Sun Burnt: The Sneer Cat can't out in the sun too long as its skin is sensitive the heat. This also means that while a blaster might not pierce its scales the heat transfer alone can kill it.

Races: N/A

Diet: Carnivorous
Communication: Cat Noises
Culture: Feared and with good reason, the Sneer Cat is regarded as one of the most dangerous creature on the planet outside of the Sith's Sith Spawn creatures. To kill one would bring great honor to one's family and respect throughout the nomadic tribes.
Technology level: N/A
General behavior: Solitary creatures except for during mating season, the Sneer Cat often spends long periods of time in the shade napping or just avoiding the sun. During pregnancy the male carries two eggs and the female carries the other two. Cubs are always born in litters of two with one male and one female. During the pregnancy the eggs hatch inside the male and female and mature there for a time. During that time the stronger twin will eat the other, leaving one cub for each parent to birth. After birth the couple splits, trading cubs to raise. Cubs are born able to walk, run, and eat meat which is essential because neither parent holds milk and life on the desert plains is harsh with a myriad of meat eating creatures that will prey on both adult and adolescent Sneer Cats. The cub will stay with the parent until full grown.

Sneer Cats can be rarely found during the day wandering the sands and savannas near their dens. They mostly hunt at night, preferring to go after banthas and other slow moving mammals, but will occasionally attempt to take down larger, ore difficult prey. They tend to avoid the Drek herds.

History: The Sneer Cat for as long as the history of the planet could be recorded, shared the top spot on the planet's food chain with the Daorians, Sand Sharks and Rock Wyrm. Left alone by the primitive species, they thrived. However, after the Sith came to the planet and began spreading their influence around the planet their patrols increasingly came into contact with the dangerous creatures of the desert plains, including the Sneer Cat. A single Sneer Cat could put fear into almost any patrol, but a parent and his or her cub was even more frightening. Seeing their potential for carnage the One Sith began collecting the Sneer Cat for Sithspawn experiments and killing the pesky animals causing their numbers to dwindle to a fraction of their population. As a result the population of the herbivore population skyrocketed.

Notable Player-Characters: N/A

Intent: To add some cultural flavor to the desert planet of Daoria that was created for the event contest

Rekali the Hutt

R
What is the difference between the first and second picture? Is that male/female or what's going on?

Gilamar Skirata said:
Fire Breath: The Sneer Cat not only spits a flammable venom from glands in its mouth, but it also has a means of igniting said venom upon exit from its mouth. In other words, it breaths venomous fire
I'll need this changed to Venom or fire, and roughly how much 'fuel' these glands can produce per day.

Gilamar Skirata said:
3D Smellivision: Just like many snakes from around the Galaxy, the Sneer Cat's tongue doubles as a nose allowing it to create a 3D world for it to see through smelling the air around it making it an exceptional hunter both during the day and the night.
Can I get a little of elaboration on this? I understand that it can pick out objects in relation to each other and all that, but how does it use scent to determine how large or what shape an object is? Can it detect the difference between a large object with a small odor as opposed to a small object with a large odor? If so how? and etc.

Gilamar Skirata said:
Culture: Feared and with good reason, the Sneer Cat is regarded as the most dangerous creature on the planet outside of the Sith's Sith Spawn creatures. To kill one would bring great honor to one's family and respect throughout the nomadic tribes.
This section is more for the culture of the sneer cat itself. This would fit more in the history of the creature, some blurbs about how the indigenous species have reacted to it. N/A is really all you need here.

Gilamar Skirata said:
General behavior: Solitary creatures except for during mating season, the Sneer Cat often spends long periods of time in the shade napping or just avoiding the sun. They can be rarely found during the day wandering the sands and savannas near their dens. They mostly hunt at night, preferring to go after banthas and other slow moving mammals, but will occasionally attempt to take down larger, ore difficult prey. They tend to avoid the Drek herds.
Can I get a little more expansion on their life-cycle? Do they raise their young as a couple, individually, or do they abandon them after birth? How do adolescent Sneer Cats get around and feed? Do any of the other 'top predators' hunt them as they're growing? Do they have any territorial disputes with other species or other members of their own species?

Gilamar Skirata said:
History: The Sneer Cat for as long as the history of the planet could be recorded, shared the top spot on the planet's food chain with the Daorians, Sand Sharks and Rock Wyrm. Left alone by the primitive species, they thrived. However, after the Sith came to the planet and began collecting and killing the pesky animals their numbers dwindled to a fraction of their population.
Can you go into more detail on why the beast was hunted? Did its pelt or bones have curious properties that made it useful or valuable? Or did the Sith simply not want a dangerous predator lying around their bases? How did the Sneer cat interact with the local species before the Sith came? Were they hunted, revered, both?

[member="Gilamar Skirata"]

Gilamar Skirata

The most important step is always the next one
Rekali the Hutt said:
This section is more for the culture of the sneer cat itself. This would fit more in the history of the creature, some blurbs about how the indigenous species have reacted to it. N/A is really all you need here.
I've always put cultural relevance to the planet/people if the creature is non-sentient. I find it helps with IC character interactions with the species so if I can leave that there that would be great.

Also I'm not really a snake expert. Its what I found when looking up how snakes use their tongue. But either way, edited to the best of my ability!

Rekali the Hutt said:
Can I get a little of elaboration on this? I understand that it can pick out objects in relation to each other and all that, but how does it use scent to determine how large or what shape an object is? Can it detect the difference between a large object with a small odor as opposed to a small object with a large odor? If so how? and etc.

Rekali the Hutt

R
[member="Gilamar Skirata"]

Excellent stuff man, everything's good by me. "Several minutes" every 48 hours is enough to keep things interesting but not overly powerful. Stamping you onto the next step.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom