Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Sneaky Beaky-like

Tatooine/Mos Eisley spaceport
6:02 local time

EKczZpZ.jpg

This was something Sam had been looking forward to. A job she and Matt could work together on. It was a risky job but the pay might just be enough for them to get more serious. All they had to do was sneak into an old complex, capture the target without anyone noticing, then kark off without him getting work. It sounded manageable to a degree for her...but she wasn't so sure about Matt. He wasn't known for his stealth...

But they could cross that bridge when they got there. First things first was to prep for the job.

Sam was curled into his arms, her raspy breathing calm and steady as she slept like a log in her little apartment. The dust still covered just about everything but that didn't bother her. This was only a pit-stop for her, anyway. Though having Matt there with her already made it more pleasant. She groggily tugged at her tank top and curled more into him subconsciously. Though the moment was right out the window when her eyes snapped open and she shot upright. "KARK ME! WE'RE GONNA BE LATE!" she shouted as she hopped out of bed, scrambling to find her shorts and holster. She hastily got them on as she rushed around to his side of the bed. "Kaa! Wake up! I'm not losing out on this score because of you being hungover! Move it!" she shouted as she gave him a few light slaps on the cheek to wake him up. "Get your Zabrak ass in gear and get dressed! That train's running a tight schedule!" she shouted as she yanked on a boot, scrambling to tighten it without even getting her socks on...though she stopped halfway.

"The kark...?" she muttered, looking around with a perplexed look on her face. As she glanced at Matt realisation hit her and she blinked in surprise. "Oh...uh...did...?" she started, unable to form a coherent sentence to save her life. A bright red blush shone from her cheeks as she looked away, burying her face in a hand. "Kark's sake. Not again." she grumbled to herself before looking back at Matt. "I'm sorry...I thought...nevermind." she tried to apologise with a guilty smile. "We wanna try and sleep in for another hour or are you too awake now?" she asked him with an embarrassed chuckle, her blush not faltering for one bit.

Mathieu Brion Mathieu Brion

The girl shot off of the bed, causing his eyebrows to rise as he slowly regained consciousness and opened his eyes. It had been a good night, certainly. Except for the rather lousy environment most things had been just right. The spaceport had a nice enough restaurant and Sammy was great too. In his half-awaken state, Mathieu wondered if it wouldn't have been slightly more perfect if he had been the one to wake first. Unfortunately, that was not the case and now, he had her scrambling. What made it worse was that she was also trying to make him join her. "Ten seconds" he said - more to himself than to her as he tried to guess how long it would take before she came back to her senses.

In the end, it was probably for the best that they were ahead of schedule rather than the other way around. Slowly sitting up on the bed, Mathieu gave her a knowing look as she started to realise that they still had plenty of time. A mischievous eyebrow rose as he began speaking sarcastically, pretending to be a sports commentator "Team Sammy is working the field. They are moving up toward the goal - and they shoot! Miss!!! Team Sammy misses and the datapad-alarm remains the reigning Champions, Woooooo!!"

Regardless of the mild annoyance he felt, Mathieu walked towards her with a soft smile. "You better step up your game, or else I might favouring the datapad alarm instead" he said teasingly before cupping the lower part of her head with his hands and leaning in to kiss on the forehead. Upon hearing her question, he chuckled, lowering his hands to her shoulder before producing a powerful push, sending her straight back into the bed. Despite being tempted to go through with what his actions foretold, the Mercenary stopped himself "No, we should get a move on." Turning to the other direction, Mathieu started dressing, taking his clothes off of a chair.

Soon, he stood in his old body glove but without the armour. Holding a piece of his heavy armour in hand, he turned back to her "This doesn't seem very low profile" he said, noting how it shiny it was along with some of the brighter colours on it. Giving her an awkward smile he asked "Do you have something for me to borrow or..." he trailed off for a moment, looking down at himself before returning his gaze to her "..or do I just make do with what I've got?" They had done it once before already, so he knew that it was possible. But then, he had also got shot before, and that was something which was rather unpleasant without armour.

Sam Sheridan Sam Sheridan

She blinked in surprise, not at all understanding what he was going on about...until she realised what he was joking about. Though she didn't find his little joke all that amusing. He kissed her on the forehead before pushing her back into the bed, though she was sitting upright again in an instant. "The kark was that for?" she snapped back with a hint of annoyance as she pulled her boot off again along with her clothes.

She grabbed her towel and started to make her way to the refresher but stopped when he asked for her input on the armour. "I dunno, I'm a merc, not a gun runner. We won't even be able to use blasters on this one, so heavy armour and weapons are a huge no-go." she explained as she eyed the armour and then him. "I guess, if you wanna take armour, Just take a few pieces. Like the torso and back or something like that." she finished with a shrug before disappearing into the shower. Under the water she stood and let it run over her face for several seconds. With a sigh she washed herself off and cooled off from the hot climate, then moved on to finish up.

Still irritated at seemingly everything she emerged from the bathroom and got dressed, putting on a pair of fresh socks this time as she slipped her combat boots back on. She grabbed her holsters and made her way to the kitchen for a double shot of caf. She sipped the hot caf away in record time then helped herself to another, a hard scowl plastered onto her brow all the way. When she was finally done with her second mug she looked over to Matt. "I feel like a karking garbage bag today. Like literally, I got this smell of burning flesh in my nose and I just feel rotten." she spoke up as she looked out a window. "Once this job is done then we go get some proper junk food, ya dig? Then we get wasted, and we crawl into bed." she said to him as she glanced back at him with a raised eyebrow.

She sighed and walked over to him, giving him a punch on the arm as she passed him to get to a bag full of gear she brought along. She pulled a pair of vibroblades from it as well as a plate carrier. She zipped up the plate carrier and strapped her holsters on. "I figured I might wear some armour, just in case. Better than nothing...though I'm tearing the kriffer apart that lands a shot on me." she commented as she walked back to him, pressing her face into his chest. "I'm already over this job, let's get back into bed." she grumbled into him without lifting her head.

Two genuinely surprised eyebrows rose as she seemed to express annoyance with him. Seeing as she had been the one to wake him up ahead of schedule, he did not quite expect it, especially not after having tried to be a good sport himself. Still, the Mercenary could see why she might be annoyed after being thrown back into bed and with that, he produced a soft smile "I'm sorry" he said, stretching out both arms to help her get back up on her feet again.

While her advice was helpful, Sammy did seem to be a bit more curt than he was used to, causing the large Morellian to scratch his head in confusion "Yeah, alright" he said before returning his attention to his gear, feeling a little defeated as she walked over to the shower. Mathieu dressed himself in a leather jacket and knee-high leather boots along with a heavy combat belt, allowing for him to holster his blaster, vibrosword, vibroknife and a plethora of other useful items. Happy with his choices as he seemed to have found a good middle ground between light protection and stealth capacity, Mathieu smiled as he put the coffee on.

But even after the shower, the woman still seemed annoyed, causing his spirits to dampen a bit. Instead of his good mood bringing her up, this time it seemed like her foul mood was bringing his down. While it disturbed him, there didn't seem like he had the power to do much about it and slowly but surely, his shoulders started sinking along with the tilt of his head. Looking up at her, he spoke carefully "We all have those days from time to time, it sucks, I know." and while he was not very excited about having junk food, he nodded anyways "Of course, it'll do you good" he said, deciding that if she was having a bad day, the least he could do would be to let her pick their meal.

Mathieu didn't react to the punch - while he could certainly feel it, it was not even close to causing him any pain. The coffee he held in his hand remained as stead as ever. Letting out a sigh, the young Mercenary looked to her, wanting to ask what she wanted from him. But she was faster, mentioning how she would tear someone apart. Pittying whoever was unfortunate enough to be the subject of her warth, Mathieu slowly shook his head.

Freezing, he considered her request - it was the second time in a matter of minutes. "If that's what would make you happy" he mumbled, barely loud of enough for himself to hear. Mathieu took off his leather jacket and dropped it to the floor, the belt was easy to remove too. Walking over to take a seat on the bed where he would face her directly, the Morellian quickly undid his shoelaces and easily kicked off his boots. Now only in his body glove, he would let Sammy do the rest and simply sat upright, with his back straight and arms stretched out to welcome her to him.

When he was looking at her now, he did not feel excitement or arousal. What he mainly felt now was a looming sadness and a deep desire to make her happy again. And in an effort to do that, he produced a smile whilst scanning her from top to bottom.

Nothing he said could lift her mood. First she woke up completely in the wrong period of her life and now she was stuck with him acting like a simp. And she knew if he acted like a hardass she'd be angry at him for that too. Safe to say, she was difficult on this particular day. However she only got more annoyed when he actually wanted to give up on the job and climb back in bed.

She grabbed him and stopped him from going back to bed. "I wasn't being serious, dammit! We can't miss out on this job, it's a ton of money we need. What's with you today? You're acting like a bloody street cur today." she chewed him out. Though she immediately regretted her harsh tone and sighed, looking away. "Kriff it, let's just go. I need to kill something. Should do you some good as well." she grumbled as she turned to make her way towards the exit. She hopped into the driver's seat of a speeder and waited for him before blasting off with ludicrous speed. In no time at all they were out of the town and barreling through the desert and the speeder's maximum speed.

In the speeder she glanced at him and then back ahead of them, a hard scowl permanently affixed on her face. "I'm gonna need you on this. No dicking about or freaking out whenever something comes my way. Got that, Matt? This is gonna be a tricky job to pull off, you freaking out about my wellbeing is not gonna help out. I can hold my own." she explained in as calm a voice as she could muster. She drove them through the desert until they finally reached a mountain range with a small base against the side. It was more akin to an abandoned mineshaft than anything else. She stopped the speeder by it and got out, glancing around them quickly. "This is probably the worst way to get in but definitely the most secure way in. They won't suspect someone coming in through the roof." she explained as she looked the structure over.

He looked at her as she continued berating him and kept his eyes fixed on her whilst taking on his boots again. For the first time, he was looking at her with a coldness and distance. It was a sad state of affairs, seeing as she would often meet a warm and perhaps even lustful gaze from him otherwise. It didn't take long for him to get back into his outfit and shortly after she left, he followed suite. Still, he did not seem to be in too much of a rush, taking his time to shut off the lights and lock the door before hopping in to the speeder.

They took off at a ludicrously high speed, causing the Mercenary to send her an annoyed look before taking on his seat belt and holding on to the handle above his window. Except for the desperate hum of the engine trying to deliver what the driver demanded, it would be a silent trip with Mathieu gazing out the window.

When she started speaking, Mathieu kept looking out the window rather than at her. In a way, she started sounding more like an annoying bigger sister or someone who had just received a managerial position than what he actually viewed her as. "That won't be a problem" the words almost escaped his mouth - he was so close to letting the most hurtful response he could think of slip out. Deciding to take the high route, he simply glanced over to her and let out a curt "Yeah" before looking out the window again.

It was not long until they finally arrived - she drove at insane speeds, after all. Acknowledging her words with a nod, Mathieu started walking, keeping a careful eye on the path ahead whilst also listening for any signs of life. The tunnels had been abandoned for a long time with the ore deposits having run dry decades if not centuries ago. With a few holes from spot to spot, a little sunlight was allowed to slip in, providing them with a natural light source which would be a life saver if there were actually other people with them in there.

Mathieu would suddenly come to a halt, making a gesture with his hand to indicate that she should stop too. A dice and some low mumbles could be heard from a distance and upon advancing a little bit further, an open chamber could be seen, much higher and wider than the tunnel which they had been in so far. Great pillars remained in the chamber, casting large shadows to its sides. In the middle, sat three thugs playing a dice game, using rocks as chairs and a cardboard box as a table. Pointing towards them, Mathieu conveyed that there were three people up ahead before turning to look for a way to get past them.

She didn't like Matt's curt answer but she wasn't going to start an argument with him about it now. They made their way deeper into the cave system and Matt signalled to halt. Sam quickly stopped and shifted to get a view of what was going on. Sam nodded and looked around to see what other options they had.

She carefully studied the area and the shadows, giving her an idea. "I'll hug the wall, use the shadows. Get in close from behind them and take out the one in the middle. With them focused on me, you can move in for the rest." she suggested with a whisper, making sure only he could hear her. With the plan laid out she scooted into the shadows and quietly made her way in behind a pillar. She waited to make sure they were completely engrossed into their game before moving to the next and quietly drawing her knife. Once they were busy with their next roll, she activated the knife and slammed it through the middle guy's throat, shoving him down on the box. The two other guys were naturally shocked, leaving Matt to finish them off.

While he took care of them, she grabbed her victim and dragged him into the shadows to keep him out of sight. She quickly finished up and made her way to Matt to help him out with his bodies as well. Without a word or sound she helped to clear the place up while keeping an eye on the entrance to another part of the cave system. They couldn't afford having someone walking in now...

Of course he disapproved of the plan - dozens of things could go wrong and despite being cross with her, he did not want to see her get hurt. But the rant she had in the speeder, it stuck with him. Eyeing her with a squint, the large Morellian nodded but remained quiet otherwise. There was no need for him to take the risk and speak when she had already made the plan clear enough and he didn't have any objections on the details.

Almost feeling a bit nervous on her behalf, Mathieu watched as she skillfully made her way from cover to cover, observing how she timed her moves with the pace of their game. It was probably something which he could learn from - but then, his build and talents at large did not really make a good case for sneaking around. His muscles flexed as he readied himself to pounce on the two that Sammy would leave for him. Her distraction would be invaluable as there was no way he could simply charge them without giving them a chance to shoot him down first.

The low but familiar sound of a vibroblade humming to life could be heard - knowing that it meant that her attack was imminent he immediately leapt over the low cover he was using and dashed towards the group. They didn't know how many foes were in the cave system which meant that they had to be silent during the entire process - and the same went for their victims. Blood would also be something which might tip a fellow guardsman off. Originally, Mathieu had planned on pulling out his vibrosword to make quick work of them - but as he ran, he noticed how closely his marks sat.

Arriving just in time before any of them called for assistance or could lash out at Sammy, the Mercenary commenced his attack. It was a simple plan and all it needed was for the assailant to overwhelm the foes - and Mathieu had both strength and the element of surprise on his side. With one hand on each of their heads, he smacked them together, knocking both out immediately. Throwing one over his shoulder, Mathieu dragged the other in the same path that Sammy dragged hers and dumped the three together.

Following suit, he made sure to cover the track that the bodies made and killed the fire whilst she cleaned up the rest. Walking up to meet her, the large Morellian looked to her and then the pile of bodies - the two persons he had to take care of were probably not dead and while he feared the trouble they might cause if they woke, the young Mercenary had no intentions of killing them.

A faint whistle could soon be heard from the way they had come. Growing stronger by the minute it was easy to understand that someone was bound to come to their location soon. Three obvious options presented themselves, hide at the spot, take the whistler out if he was alone or go out on a limb and keep pushing. Despite the safer option being to hide and see what happened, Mathieu's instinct was to keep pushing - so unless prevented to, that was exactly what he would do. It was obvious that his mind was not well suited for sneaking around.

Matt dispatched the two others quickly enough and the three bodies were hidden from immediate view. Though the blood splatter would be an issue. Sam glanced at the box and positioned it in a way that would obscure it from view for the most part. She glanced at Matt and was about to make a comment when she heard the whistling down the way they came in.

Matt wanted to bolt and continue on, but Sam quickly put a hand on his shoulder to stop him. She shook her head and motioned to stay before pointing at one of the pillars. It was out of the way and big enough for him to hide behind. "I'll distract him." she whispered softly, moving towards the pillar. She waited for the guy to come closer before making her move. She stepped out of the shadows and gave him a friendly wave. "Hey buddy, how's it going." she quipped. Naturally the guard was shocked, but he quickly moved closer to the pillar as he reached for a commlink.

She flashed Matt a wink and waited calmly for him to take the guy out from behind. She only hoped he was quick enough to take him out before he could get a word in...otherwise they were in very big trouble. She gripped her blaster tucked underneath her arm just in case the guy got a word in before getting silenced.

His strong reaction quickly softened as she put her hand on his shoulder. Mathieu turned around to see what she wanted, still thinking that running would be a good idea. But when staying was suggested, he didn't argue. While the Mercenary was confident in his skills to read a battlefield or figure out how to fight a tough foe, this was a task for which she was much better suited. There was an irony to it all as she often seemed way more loud and noticeable in social settings. Without a word, he complied, moving in behind the large pillar she picked out for him.

They had just taken out three people with far worse conditions which meant that this would - hopefully - be easier. Semi-crouched, Mathieu pressed himself against the pillar and waited until he could hear her step out and speak to the guy. Relying on the shock and the guard's limited visibility after having taken a step forth, the large Morellian rushed out from the other side of the pillar. His right arm wrapped around the throat whilst the hand covered his mouth, preventing him from letting out any noise that way. His left hand, however, went far lower than that as he wanted to prevent the guy from using his commlink.

Easily overpowering the man on both fronts, he was prevented from screaming for help despite trying to and with the Mercenary's tight grip and a mean twist, he was forced to drop the commlink. Mathieu wanted to let the guard live and was hoping to cut off his air-supply so that he would lose consciousness. Unfortunately for both men, the captive kept struggling, kicking about with his legs and trying to reach for items at his belt with his free arm. If they had the freedom to go make noise, it wouldn't have been a problem but that was not the case now. With a sudden burst of power, Mathieu quickly rearranged his left hand to hold the guard steady whilst the right one pulled to the side. With a snap of the neck, the guard was given a quick death.

Feeling the body go limp in his arms, a wave of regret washed over him, exposed as a sad glint could be seen in his eyes. Mathieu had killed before and while he never enjoyed it, it always felt more impactful when he had got to see the true person he killed instead of just a mask or some guy running at him with a gun from a distance. Without a word, he threw the corpse over his shoulder and walked over to the others where he dumped it. At least two of them were still alive. Standing by the pile with his broad back turned against Sammy, the Morellian looked down on his hands as he reflected on what he had just done before fighting the feeling off to regain his composure "He tried to scream for help" he whispered, looking to her and then up the next path. Completing his sentence, he stated what had probably already dawned on her "so there's probably more of 'em up ahead"

Matt quickly took out the guard. Sam was worried that he wouldn't take him out quickly enough, but luckily he offed him quickly enough. She watched as Matt dumped the body with the rest, listening closely as he whispered to her. She walked up to him and placed a hand on the back of his neck. "Hey, get it together. This is what we're here for. We can feel bad about killing the poor suckers later. Right now, we need to get this guy." she whispered to him, giving him a light shake as she spoke. She gave his chest a light headbut and flashed a smile, trying to get him to cheer up. This whole operation was exactly what she needed. If he ruined it now for them with his conscience, she would be royally ticked off.

She let go of him and led the way further. She quickly grabbed the guard's commlink and slid it into a pocket for them to listen in with. She opened the next door and made sure that the coast was clear before pressing on.

The next stop was a massive open cavern. A large metallic door was keeping the roof sealed in and in the center was a light freighter. Sam hid behind some barrels as she studied the situation. She pointed out their target who was talking with some other thugs close to the ship. They needed to take him in alive. The only thing between them and that was the dozen or so goons doing their own thing in the hanger. Some were carrying crates around, others were going over what looked like a rather nice shipment of weapons. Sam almost wanted to load it into the freighter and fly off with it, but that wasn't their mission. They needed to take the guy to the Hutts alive.

She glanced at Matt then back to the area ahead of them. "How do you wanna do this?" she asked him with her voice barely above a whisper.

As her palm reached his neck, Mathieu slowly turned to look down at her. Despite how little it felt, Sammy always managed to convey a sense of strength regardless. What she might not have been able to produce in physical might, she was more than capable in producing in strength of personality, willpower and grit. The idea of telling his conscience to take a walk was a familiar one - it was something which he would reluctantly be forced to do during a few jobs. The Morellian hated it and the inability to show compassion often returned to bite him in the back the following night. But then, Sammy was handling him expertly - Reaching out an putting a hand on her shoulder, he produced a meek smile and a slight nod before bending down to give her a peck on the forehead.

As they moved on into the open hangar-esque part of the cavern, Mathieu stayed low and tried to observe the setting with her. It was an impressive area and the ship that stood in it looked surprisingly sleek for being on the dustball they found themselves on. Grumbling a bit at first, Mathieu pointed at their mark standing by the ship - the ramp was open and just a few metres away from him. He could see that it wouldn't be hard for him to run into his ship for a quick get-away if they were noticed. "Sneak by, whisker him away, maybe onto his ship." he said, pausing for a while as he weighed his options. While he was not too fond of the idea of killing even more, he knew that she would probably like it - and so, he went ahead with it: "We could come back out for the stuff out here for an extra payday." The whisper was low and managed to remain unnoticed by the thugs.

Looking around, Mathieu could see two possible routes to the mark - either the more indirect but safe route along the edge of the cave, allowing for a few spots to behind behind to stay hidden. The second option was a risky one as it was to move directly through it - making use of the fact that they didn't have any patrols to sneak past them among the crates, hoping not to get discovered or stuck as someone suddenly decides to to stop and have a chat. Knowing his own limits, Mathieu pointed at the side-path and looked to Sammy for confirmation. If she approved, he would stay low and keep an attentive eye on the criminals to make his move when most of them - in particular the ones closest, were not looking. After a few metres, there was a stack of crates by a boulder behind which he stopped. First to have a glance at Sammy to make sure that she was alright, and then back at the thugs.

Matt pointed out a way towards their target, suggesting they take the ship. That option certainly appealed to Sam. "As much as I wanna take the stuff, that's not what we're here for. Though I do want to take that ship." she commented. She sat for a few moments, looking for another way. But Matt's suggestions were the only ones she noticed.

"Let's do it quietly. Long way around. Only problem will be to get out with the ship." she admitted, glancing at him then back to the hangar. She noticed a small terminal behind the ship. "Let's split up once we get down there. You grab the target and get the ship started up. I'll get the hangar doors open and hop on as soon as you get the ship running." she suggested, looking at him to see if he approved.

Once everything was in order, she moved in. As quietly as possible she shifted from one piece of cover to the other. One guard almost noticed her, but she quickly managed to take him out with her vibroblade before he could even make a sound. It was excruciating for her to be this quiet and slow, but it was a safe approach. They didn't need to take nearly as many risks as they would have with the direct route. Once they got in behind the ship, she signalled Matt to keep moving as she moved towards the terminal. She breathed a sigh of relief when she saw the controls for the hangar door in the roof.

She quietly got the controls ready and waited for Matt to get ready with the ship. Just a few more...

"Hey what the kriff!" a voice shouted from her side. Instinctively she spun around and blew a hole in his chest. A harsh silence befell the hangar as the shot echoed away...then all hell broke loose. People screamed and she heard blasters getting primed. She sighed with irritation as she drew her second blaster and got ready. She could only hope Matt was on schedule...

As if relieved, Mathieu let out a breath, causing his chest to fall and a soft, barely visible, smile to form on his lips. They could have made a good amount of credits stealing all those weapons, but she chose to not pursue the path despite him offering it. It was a choice which would probably save a number of lives and reduce the risk of them getting injured significantly. Naturally, he Morellian would continue to stay as quiet as possible, knowing that an noise could give them off - a risk he would be much more willing to take if he had more practice in the field of stealth and guile.

With the two of them agreeing on what path to take, all that remained was the execution. While feeling painfully slow at times, they did make progress without accidentally revealing themselves, proving to be quite the valuable experience for Mathieu as he both managed to experiment a bit on his own and catch a few tricks from Sammy.

He was not a little surprised when she suggested that he do the more high-profile job of capturing their mark, at least after the talk she had in the speeder about having to let her get in harms way without worrying too much. But then, in his eyes, this was the most logical way anyways, seeing as he would probably get to draw most of the thug's fire which meant that she would be so much safer.

Needless to say, things didn't go quite as planned and while she managed to take one guy out, another found her after a while. While being sneaky was not his cup of tea, Mathieu was not slow to react to danger which was something he was much more used to. The choice between rushing over to help Sammy or getting the job done was one which had to be taken in a flash. In spite of his instinct to protect her, the large Mercenary went the other way and was just a few meters away from their mark as the one who discovered Sammy finished his sentence. "Hey" he quipped as if responding to the thug.

Coming at them at a high speed as he dashed from cover, Mathieu bumped into the one their mark was talking to, sending him off his feet as he fell back a few meters. Maintaining a fluid motion and keeping his momentum, the Morellian stopped running and turned around, to throw a powerful left hook at the man, knocking him unconscious immediately. Bowing down a little, he managed to catch the man as he fell and picked him up over his shoulder with relative ease. Throwing a glance at the man he had just tackled, the Mercenary couldn't help but to notice that blood was pouring from his head as he had landed on the ramp. Still, at this time, Mathieu couldn't do more than to hope that the guy would receive immediate medical attention.

Throwing an eye at Sammy as he stepped up the ship ramp, Mathieu would try to see how much trouble she was in. If she was hard pressed and getting flanked, the Morellian would quickly dump the mark inside the ship before returning out side to support her - otherwise, he would keep the guy over his shoulder and rush into the cockpit to prepare the ship for takeoff.

As the bolts started to fly, Sam got a little preoccupied to keep an eye on Matt. Though she managed to sneak a glance at him to see him hauling their target on the ship. A small grin formed but quickly disappeared as she returned fire, taking out a few of her attackers. With a few seconds open, she flipped over the switch to open the hangar door and blasted the console apart. "Matt! Get the ship up!" she shouted at the top of her lungs as she weaved her way towards the ship's loading ramp.

Blasters flew past, with one skimming just past her chest, as she ran for the ship. Firing a few bolts at one last goon, she secured a window to get onboard. "Punch it!" she hollered at Matt as she closed the ramp up and hid from a few more bolts. Once the ramp closed up, she breathed a sigh of relief. The soft thuds of bolts hitting the hull meant nothing. They did it and that was all that mattered. On her way to the cockpit she used a pair of binders to tie their target to a railing on the ship. As Matt got the ship in the air she slipped into the pilot's seat and took a deep breath in. "We did it!" she shouted at the top of her lungs, slapping the dashboard.

With a big smile she threw her arms around Matt to give him a big hug. "Babe you were on point!" she commented as she held onto him for a few more seconds. "All that's left now is to cash this dude in then it's payday." she commented, returning to her seat. "So! What do you wanna do to celebrate?" she asked him as she turned in her seat to look at him. "Anything you want. After the help you did today, I'm giving you full control over the rest of today." she quipped with a warm smile. Messing with him a little more, she got up and sat on his lap with one arm around him, staring out at the landscape ahead of them. "We can also get those binders out as well tonight if you wanna mess around." she suggested in a sultry voice, a finger playing around with his hair as she glanced at him.

He heard her. With a few button presses, the engines roared to life and the ship started to hover. Bending down, still carrying the mark over his right shoulder, Mathieu grabbed the control wheel with he left hand and started pointing the ship towards the hangar doors. With a steady hand, he waited until she gave him the go-ahead at which point he sent them away. Once she arrived at the cockpit he dumped the unconscious body at the floor to let her do secure him and was quick to back away once she was done and ready to take the pilot's seat. Laughing heartily as she cheered their victory, he threw himself in the co-pilot's seat. Little needed to be done, so after making a slight adjustment to the energy balance, he leaned back with his hands clasped behind his head.

"One-nil to the Mercenaries" he said, looking over to her with a smile on his lips - both glad that the job went well and to see her so happy. It was in a rather stark contrast to how she was when they first begun the day. "Nice shooting out there" he said, smiling back at her. Hugging her back, he let out a chuckle "I just grabbed this fella, you did all the rest" he continued honestly as she had been the one to hold their foes off when they got discovered.

An amused smile spread across his lips as she inquired about what he wanted to do next and it only grew wider when she surrendered control to him. Leaning his head to the side, the large Mercenary was about to speak when she suddenly stood back up and moved over to him, causing him to remain quiet as he observed what she did. His arm on her side instinctively went around her waist to pull her closer before moving in to go up her back. Applying a bit of pressure, he slowly pushed her towards him for a kiss if she would allow it. "I wouldn't dream of putting you in binders" he said - it was a comment which reflected his knowledge of her past and her current form which was free and independent. "But I heard that someone wanted a beer and some junk food" he said, smiling at her.

His hand on her back went lower as his eyebrows furrowed and his eyes squinted "But I've heard of a good restaurant by the marketplace" Remembering their last visit to a restaurant on Coruscant with fondness he had been browsing the net for something nice during some of the more dull travel hours they had while getting to the planet. When his hand was sufficiently low, he applied a little pressure, pushing her in against him as he stood up, bringing her along with him. Leaning down to the other side, consequently bringing her a little higher up, he put the ship into an auto-piloted cruise mode, knowing that their path would be clear enough for a while "But of course, we'd have to clean up before going" he said with a playful smile before turning to walk back into the ship.

Naturally he tried to be modest, but she waved it aside with a slap on his shoulder. "That's bull! You helped me out a ton. This would have been a lot harder if you didn't help out." she assured him with a grin. As she sat down on his lap, he pulled her close and she heartily reciprocated the kiss. On the topic of binders, he dismissed it as a bad idea. Sam gave a guilty chuckle and shrugged her shoulders. "Hey, I just figured we can try something new. But then again... you got a point. Maybe it wouldn't be the best idea after ten seconds." she admitted, resting against him.

She brightened up when he mentioned beer and junk food, even suggesting a place that might be good on this planet. "Oh I think you're onto something there. Though I feel like the bill's on me today." she suggested, resting her head against his shoulder. She felt Matt's grip tighten around her and before she could get a word in, he lifted her off the ground. A snicker escaped her as her arms wrapped around him to support herself. She hummed at his suggested, a smirk forming on her lips as she let him carry her off. "Well then we better get out of these clothes." she quipped with a sultry tone, reaching down to start working on his belt and armour straps...

The day had been rocky and Sam still wasn't where she wanted to be. But they were getting there. And this little 'date' they thought up on the spot was just the thing she needed to relax...

/End thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom