Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Snatch" Class Starfighter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darius Scar

Owner of SCAR Industries
qrB5OAo.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Short ranged Starfighter
  • Length: 12 meters
  • Width: 3 meters
  • Height: 3 meters
  • Armament: Average Twin F-2 Ion cannons, 2 L-s9.6 Laser cannons
  • Defenses: Low Durasteel Kinetic Protection, standard Ray Shielding system
  • Maneuverability Rating: Moderate As it is a short range, relatively small Starship
  • Speed Rating: Moderate
  • Hyperdrive Class: No Hyperdrive
SPECIAL FEATURES
Has a Light Ion cannon, for disabling enemy weapons
2 L-s9.6 Cannons to enforce significant damage
A typical Ray shield

Strengths:
  • High Maneuverability
  • Average Defenses
  • Good firepower combination
  • Good defense against Kinetic attacks
Weaknesses:
  • Very low defense against Ion attacks
  • No hyperdrive, as it was built for short ranged missions, long range transport is down to transport ships
  • Will explode upon crashing, meaning survival of the pilot is minimal
  • Unstable Ion cannons. If the Ion cannons are fired too much within a short time, there is a chance that the entire ship's weaponry will be disabled
Description: The "Snatch" is the first, and most experimental edition to the SCS series of star fighter. It was built to be transported on large vessels, to be deployed in large amounts in close range battles. It was designed to take Kinetic hits from blaster fire and Laser cannons, although it wasn't designed to withstand Heavy lasers, and Ion fire. It has a high maneuverability to make up for it's inability to jump to light speed, and it also has exceptional Boosters, to give it short ranged speed.

It's main use is likely to be with low-priority fighter groups, or local planetary defense. It's lower weapon count may discourage it's use however. It uses a Scar Industries exclusive variant of the L-s9.6 giving it a state-of-the-art but powerful weapons arsenal.

It is designed as a kind of "swarm" vehicle, to be deployed in large numbers. Special variants of the SCS are being worked on, to create a more multi role long range fighter, that could be deployed in smaller numbers, with the quality outweighing the quantity.

Travis Caalgen

T
Darius Scar said:
Maneuverability Rating: High As it is a short range, relatively small Starship Speed Rating: Moderate
These ratings make the ship overpowered, I suggest you lower manoeuvrability to 'Moderate' and add another genuine weakness.

Darius Scar said:
Very slow hyperdrive, as it was built for short ranged missions, long range transport is down to transport ships
How can the ship have a very slow hyperdrive if it has no hyperdrive at all?

Darius Scar

Owner of SCAR Industries
Travis Caalgen said:
These ratings make the ship overpowered, I suggest you lower manoeuvrability to 'Moderate' and add another genuine weakness.

How can the ship have a very slow hyperdrive if it has no hyperdrive at all?
As for the "very slow hyperdrive" that is a genuine error on my behalf, and i probably let it slide by mistake, as origionally it was going to have one, but I removed it due to your statement about it being overpowered.

As for the ratings, I will lower them, if that is considered overpowered.

[member="Darius Scar"] [member="Travis Caalgen"]
This submission is missing the squadron count field from the starfighter template.

Moved to Factory Archives - If you want to remove from the archives, please feel free to tag Jamie Pyne, Nadja, or Taryc Ap'Irae.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom