Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Snark and Swag Meet At Last

Nyx

Insert Hilarious Title Here
In a cantina on the surface of Ord Mantell, trouble was brewing.
The source of this impending doom was a young Dark Jedi named Anixya, but just call her Nyx, or she'll gut you.
Of course, no one here knew her full name. This trouble was growing from the incessant flirtation Nyx was visiting upon a Twi'lek lady, about a meter from her husband.
Nyx threw back another glass of whatever swill she was drinking, and grinned at her chosen target for the night.
"You know, I have a room here, if you want to meet me there late-"
The male Twi'lek's fist slammed into her face, and the Merc With A Mouth stumbled. She glanced back, her eyes glittering with excitement.
Bagging the girl would have been a bonus, but the actual point of her flirtation was to goad on her man, and it looks like her plan had worked.

When she launched herself at the Twi'lek, the bartender sighed and rubbed his forehead.
"Another day, another Nyx-fight." He muttered as he handled a blaster pistol, ready to intervene if things got out of hand. Knowing Nyx, they would eventually.

[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

It seemed that no matter what cantina the young man would visit, trouble seemed to brew wherever he went.​
Whether it be Tatooine, Ord Mantel, Ruusan, Nar Shadda, or even his homeworld of Naboo, there always seemed to be some sort of bar fight breaking out. Sometimes, it'd be two people having a little drunken spat. Sometimes, a mercenary or a bounty hunter would be looking for a target. Sometimes, the whole bar would purge into chaos, fists, blaster bolts and vibroblades, sometimes even lightsabers, flying everywhere. Sometimes... Fights of a more personal nature would break out. Or others, someone just wanted to cause a little bit of trouble, wanted to start a fight for one reason or another. Nyx fit that category to a tee.​
The young Jedi Master had been there for a good hour at least, sitting at a table near the far end corner of the bar, as not to draw attention, or to be disturbed while he sipped a drink in peace. He wore a black leather jacket, a dark blue t-shirt, black pants and black/blue armored combat boots. His lightsaber was hidden by his shirt and jacket, but it was hard to hide the muscular frame of a warrior in his early to mid twenties, who just by looking at him, whether at his body, or just that fire in his eyes, you could tell he had seen battle. But having been in the bar as long as he had been, he'd been there to hear all of Nyx's attempts to seduce, apparently, some Twi'lek man, married by the sounds of it, right in front of his wife. Or was it the other way around? He wasn't entirely sure. His eyes had darted toward the scene early on. At first, it was amusement. He was interested in seeing how long before the wife would tear the girl's hair out. If that'd been him and Sao, when she was still alive, even blind the Miraluka warrior would have cut the poor girl's arms off by the time she came too close, much less let her get to a point of offering anything of the sort that would send her into a rage. Perhaps she'd have played a mind game or two at first... Old Sith habits died hard, he had seen. But his amusement soon turned to a more serious concern when things got dicey.​
And that's how the fight started.​
Nyx hadn't hesitated in going after the Twi'lek, and he knew that it was time that he intervened. He would slam down his drink, his Force presence already having been hidden when he had arrived, so as not to draw attention to himself. He would come up behind Nyx, and almost elegantly take her arm, pulling her away from the Twi'lek before she could do any serious harm and moving his hand down to have at her wrist instead, clamping on good. With the training he had undergone, he could do many things from here before she could attack as he had the element of surprise. With his strength, he could snap a few bones in her arm, take her down to the ground, or any other measures. But that wasn't generally how the blonde haired man did things. He had a more... Mischievous idea. One he was sure she would appreciate.​
The Jedi would instead spin her around, almost as if they were dancing at some kind of formal gathering, before pulling her in a little more closely, away from the conflict, close enough that he could gaze on her features, but not enough that anything intimate could take place. Or harmful, if you were sadistic. He quickly grabbed her other wrist, and his knees bent a little, still on his guard in case she tried to attack using her lower body.​
"And what is a beautiful flower like yourself trying to cause trouble for?" The young man would tease, with a playful smile crossing his lips. But make no mistake about it, by the tight grip he had on her wrists, and that look in his eyes, it was clear that it wasn't wise to mistake playful little flirts for weakness, or an opening to attack.​
[member="Nyx"]​

Nyx

When she launched herself at the Twi'lek, Nyx had expected to hear the crunch of bone, the feel of flesh, and warm blood to spray her fist. Instead, she found herself being yanked back by an unknown assailant. She was twirled away from the confrontation, and found her arms restrained, and came face-to-face with a smirking man.
The street rat barely had time to blink before he spoke, teasing her. She almost began to fight him instead, but stopped herself. She'd tangled with some dangerous individuals, and immediately knew this man was more than he seemed. So after a moment of stunned silence, a smirk grew on her face, and her blue eyes sparkled with mirth as she nodded at the Twi'lek, still stunned by the turn of events.
"What can I say? Sometimes a girl needs some trouble to get her through the evening."
The extensive scarring on the right side of her face tingled as she thought of the last time she had done something like this, the memories of the battle with the krayt dragon with her Master at her side playing in her head. But she shook her head of such thoughts, making sure her hair fell over those scars. Most people didn't exactly find such things charming.
Her eyes examined the man, wondering who he was to pull moves like that. His dress was casual, but his stance and ability spoke a different story. If she was considering him for a mark, she'd pick another target.
Luckily, she wasn't trying to rob him. This time.
She waited for him to make a move, her body ready to respond, coiled with tension. If she was a beautiful flower, then she came with a few thorns.

Not even for a moment did the young man's guard go down. He knew that there was an element of danger to this woman. To underestimate her, to let his guard down for even a moment could be fatal. But if there were any nerves, if there was any lack of confidence, she would find none. Nothing in his stance, nothing in his eyes, conveyed anything but an amused yet guarded stance - and yet his flirtations were thrown in all the same. He was relaxed, yet guarded... If that was possible. An illusion, some could call it, but it was with no magic powers. No use of the Force. Just an act. If she were to strike, he would be ready.​
The playful smile remained as he listened to her speak, his eyes never leaving hers. If she was waiting for him to make a move, it never came. Instead, he would respond.​
"I prefer a few drinks and interesting company to get through the evening, myself. How would you like to be my interesting company for tonight?" The young man would inquire, motioning toward a nearby table. For a moment, he looked toward the Twi'lek couple and made a motion with his head. That was the cue for them to get out of dodge if they knew what was good for them.​
His evening had become a little more interesting, indeed.​
His main concern right now, of course, was keeping this woman out of trouble while he was here. He didn't really appreciate people spoiling his night by fighting, after all. A Jedi didn't tend to have a whole lot of downtime, obviously... In a way, he was doing his job regardless, as a peacekeeper, but at the same time, this whole thing could be rather fun.​
[member="Nyx"]​

Nyx

Nyx's eyebrows shot up as the man motioned at a nearby table. He just saw her start an admittedly petty fight just for the sake of starting a fight, and now he wanted to sit with her? Huh. Definitely one of the more strange people she had ever met, but not uninteresting or unappealing. In fact, this unexpected turn made her more interested in just who this mysterious stranger was.
Her eyes never left him as she sidled to the table and lowered herself into a chair, swinging her boots up onto the table as she leaned back, her signature smirk on her face.
"The name is Nyx." She stated, crossing her arms. "Merc, criminal, and esteemed pugilist."
Technically also a a Force User, but he didn't need to know that, did he?
She didn't sense anything malevolent from him, which was a definite plus, so for now, the conversation remained mischievous and flirtatious, with an undercurrent of tension keeping them from getting too comfortable.
"Why don't you tell me your name, Blondie, and I'll buy you a drink."
The street rat watched him carefully. His response would determine whether he was worth her time, or if this was a lost cause.

In his eyes, it was better to have the devil at your table shooting the chit then to have the devil terrorizing the establishment. Not to mention she seemed to be... Quite the interesting individual. He was a daring sort. The Jedi Master didn't fear very much, and he wouldn't shy away from danger, even if danger was right in front of his face. And danger truly was right in front of his face. So once she seemed to be up for the idea, he would release her wrists slowly and gently, though not without; for a quick moment, moving his hands down and rubbing his thumbs along her palms, almost affectionately. He was teasing still, without regard.

After that fleeting moment, he let her go and watched as she took a seat. He chuckled lightly, and took a seat at the opposing end of the table, kicking his feet up on his side of it and looking over at her, that smirk still evident on his face.

It was funny, actually, that he noted she'd done almost the exact same thing when he had. It was an uncanny parallel, one that amused him a great deal. Her question would leave him curious as to if he should reveal who he was.

He could keep it simple and clean, he supposed, not give too much away. But he couldn't help but laugh when she would blatantly say she was a criminal. How many people were bold enough to outright say that? Oh, he liked this one.

"Joshua. But Josh will do" The blonde would respond, casually twirling a string of his golden blonde hair around like he had done it a hundred times before - and very likely had indeed - out of habit. The question now, was who was he, if he wasn't going to be saying he was a Force User? He didn't want to cause alarm, a "criminal" as she had called herself would likely make a break for it if he did. Or attack.

"Slaver Hunter"

That was the title he settled on. For while he was a Jedi, his time had been spent mostly hunting down slave camps, freeing it's imprisoned occupants, and then making sure the slavers involved didn't take anymore of them. It was complicated business, and while he normally didn't try to go for fatal wounds, the special place in hell he saved for slavers made the exception necessary. They had taken advantage of his mercy one too many times, and generally killed innocents along the way.

It was a title as legitimate and fitting to him as "Jedi Master".

[member="Nyx"]

Nyx

Josh, eh? Short, simple, and fun to say. Maybe she'd actually bother to remember this name.
The Slaver Hunter bit threw her off. She felt for slaves, she really did, but her paycheck came from Hutts. She hoped she would never have to defend a shipment from this guy.
She reached over to the nearest table and grabbed the patron's drinks, who knew better than to challenge the mercenary. She handed one to her drinking buddy for the night.
"I have no idea what this is, but I hope it satisfies you."
She took a pull of her own, grimacing. Not nearly strong enough, but it being free of charge added a certain sweetness to it that made it bearable.
The woman observed Joshua, curious.
"Tell me, Josh," she leaned forward a bit, "What brings a guy like you to stop a girl like me from defending herself?" She might as well find out the cause of the events that brought then together.​

Both their names were rather simple and clean, it made for easy remembrance, after all. This self proclaimed criminal interested him. What was the merit, the mean, the reason behind her penchant for trouble? She could obviously handle herself quite well, why stoop to a life of crime when her charms could suit her much better somewhere else?​
The Jedi would raise an eyebrow when she would swipe a patron's drink and slide it over to him. He recognized the type, and he would gauge it for a moment to see how much was in it. Realizing it had been freshly poured and not drank out of at all, the Jedi would toss a few credits the way of the patron that Nyx had robbed without another word on the subject.​
He appreciated the thought, but he wasn't going to be an accomplice in borderline theft. It wasn't right, seriously. To her question, he smirked faintly in return as he leaned in a little to meet her own actions.​
"In my profession, I don't tend to take a lot of breaks, sweetheart" He teased, shooting her a playful smile. "When I do get them, I want to enjoy them, no? So when someone - even a beautiful flower like you - provokes someone into attack for the sake of a fight while I happen to be trying to enjoy a drink... And trust me, I was watching, I know full well what you did, nothing wrong with stepping in so I can continue to enjoy my night, no?" Joshua would inquire, tilting his head. "The company is a bonus" He cracked, an amused smile forming.​
[member="Nyx"]​

Nyx

Nyx stared at her companion, taken aback for a moment. He'd seen through that little farce? Looks like he was far more observant than she had initially thought. Just who was this guy?
"Well, when you say it like that, it does sound pretty bad." She admitted, that smirk never leaving her face. Paying for something he didn't have to, stopping a fight he didn't have to; this guy was a regular martyr.
Nyx leaned back, not bothering to hide her ogling of the self-proclaimed slave hunter's body.
"Why bother hunting slavers?' She asked, tilting her head in curiosity. "You know they pay pretty well for bodyguards and the like."
If he truly was a do-gooder, this question would let her know pretty quickly.
Nyx may not know how to read, but she was far from stupid.

"Mmmm. What was that all about anyway? Just felt like harassing a few bar-goers, a couple by the looks of it, for kicks, and ended up starting a fight? Could have gotten you kicked out of the bar for good, you know. And then where would you find good drink? And where would I see a good looking gal if you weren't around the bar to look at?" He joked, acknowledging her looking him over with a smirk. His eyes diverted from hers a little to look her over, seeing as she'd plopped her legs up on the table. If it were a natural thing, or if he was just doing it as a response to her own ogling, who knows?​
To her question, he considered for a moment, then let out a sigh.​
"To tell you the truth, I wasn't a slaver hunter at one point. At one point, I just liberated slaves. That's it. I'd hunt down the camps, take out the slavers, free the slaves, get rid of their collars, find them a way off-planet to go back to their homes, and leave. My former military career - as I used to be the Republic's Grand Admiral, trained me, while some outside business ventures and investments allow me to live off them without needing the Republic and without needing to work all that much if I don't want to. If I wished, I could sit at home all day long, make the decisions for the business I run if need be when they're presented, and live on my share of the profits. But that's boring, you know?" He remarked, shrugging. "Gotta do something"​
None of that was a lie.​
He had refrained from mentioning he was a Force User, or a Jedi Master for that matter, but he truly had been the Republic Grand Admiral. It was a weird election, and he wasn't sure why he had been given the position, but he was indeed at one point a registered member of the Republic Military Corps because of it. Of course, he had given it up when he became Grandmaster in order to dedicate his time 100% to the Jedi Order. His business practices... With his help, they had become a massive success and he racked in quite a bit in terms of credits. He could have retired from Jedi-hood if he wished, lived off the money and stayed home. But like he had said... That would be boring, no? And he still had tons to do as a Jedi, even without The Republic's Jedi Order at his back any longer.​
But to continue the story...​
"But... The problem was, I kept leaving the slavers alive. I used to pride myself on being as pacifistic as I could in my combat style. I still do, at times. But I would try to go for a non-lethal strike, incapacitate, knock out... That sort of thing. Let them live to re-think their choices, reform and become something great. That... That was the biggest mistake of my life" He would admit, shaking his head, biting his lip. It was difficult to think about. He didn't like saying he failed, or made mistakes. Especially ones as costly as this.​
"There was an incident where I left one alive, I met him again at another camp. He knew I wouldn't kill him, but when I went after him, he took a hostage. Used it against me, and then killed the slave hostage without a second thought. Then another incident, where I incapacitated another. He woke up later during the raid, and went after a large cell full of slaves that I hadn't found yet. He tossed a Thermal Detonator into the large cell and.... Well... I think you get the rest. Men, women, children... Nobody survived. And it just kept happening. If I left them alive, they were sore about it, and had no regard for the lives of their slaves. They'd take hostages, they'd go on spiteful rampages and massacre the people I'd come to save. So... My rule has always been to only kill when necessary. They gave me no choice, but to call it necessary. I had to stop sparing them because I realized that there is only evil in the hearts of people who would actually enslave another person like that, as though they were property. They care not for the lives of others. There is no redemption, no reform... I've tried" He admitted, smiling sadly. "I've tried so many times, but they forced my hand. So.. I'm still a slave liberator. But I never leave a slaver alive. And if I find slavers on a planet, hawking their trade, where it's illegal... I generally stop it, without care for if I need to kill them or not. I'm constantly hunting down the camps, hoping to end illegal slavery for good, but to do that, I'm aware that killing every slaver I find is necessary. I wish that wasn't the case, but I've learned that sometimes you have to do things that you hate doing, to save the lives of innocent people"​
He smirked faintly. "I sure hope they pay well. As they all wear the same uniform in the camps, I'm sure I've probably killed my share of slave camp guards and bodyguards. To be honest, if you're willing to take a job keeping people from liberating slaves, that were probably kidnapped from their homes like I have seen many times... Well, you're probably not much better then the slavers yourself" He would add, shaking his head. He straightened the outlines on his leather jacket before taking a drink from the glass that Nyx had jacked from the other patron.​
"So... Now that you've asked a few questions, why don't I ask you one or two? Why the criminal life? With your charms, and the likelihood you can handle yourself in a scrap if you're so quick to pick a fight... There's plenty more you could do, I'm sure. I've learned that all the credits in the world mean nothing if in the end, you find yourself alone and regretting the things you've done. And trust me... Eventually, everyone does. Not even a Sith is safe from regret" He spoke, with a small smile. "But who am I kidding. A beautiful flower like you will inevitably find someone to settle down with. Let's just hope your line of work doesn't land you any enemies who might cut them down" He added, and then his smile turned bittersweet. "Been there"​
He was open and honest about these things. He didn't have much to hide. What was the point in lying to people anyway?​
[member="Nyx"]​

Nyx

"Because I needed someone to fight, and they were the obvious choice. You could tell from their interactions, they don't get along, are rather jealous of each other. I simply accelerated it, and perhaps gave them something to bond over. Or fight over, I don't really care tha much." Nyx answered with a shrug, the incident immediately slipping grom her mind as she adressed it, becoming just another nameless fight in a dirty cantina.

With his question, Nyx was silent for a minute. Did she tell him? Did she tell him the truth about her profession, and risk driving him off? Kark it. Might as well.
"Let me tell you something about me: I was born on Coruscant, in the lower levels, where the sun is a myth. Never knew my parents, and don't care to. The orphanage I was raised in was a hellhole. They didn't even bother naming us, or teaching us how to read. When I turned eight, I left. Begged and pickpocketed to live, until I met a few other orphans. We called ourselves the Street Rats, and formed a little gang. Things went fine, until the Reds came.
"Another orphan gang, challenged us to a rumble."
Nyx looked him directly in the eye. "Their leader slit my best friends throat right in front of me with a piece of glass. Left him to bleed in an alley. So I drowned him in a puddle of water."

She looked away.
"Killing is all I know how to do; I can't even read. Criminals pay well for killers. It's a natural connection."
After her story, Nyx watched Josh carefully for a reaction.​

"Just for the sake of a fight?" The Jedi would inquire, tilting his head as she posed her odd rebuttal. "Well, look at it this way. People come here to relax and get drunk off their ass to forget their troubles. People like you who come in here and cause trouble... Well, it would only add to their trouble, no? Kick someone while they're down. And someday, it'll happen to you. Someone will walk right up to you when you're down on your luck, and kick you. For nothing more then their own amusement. And it hurts. It sucks. It takes a cruel person to do it, but sometimes people just don't understand what exactly it is that they're doing. To you... You're just amusing yourself, looking for a fight in here. To that couple... It's very likely that all you did was kick them while they were down, no?"

He would listen carefully as she told her story, disclosing a little bit about her. Once she finished, he began to nod slowly. He was beginning to understand her a little bit better, he supposed. The part about being an orphan, and something being all he knew all his life... He knew that all too well. That had been his life.

He smiled sadly. "The bits about being an orphan, and something being all you know... I know that all too well" The blonde would admit. "Father, mother, brother... Lost them all when I was five" He added, scratching his head. Technically, his father had turned out to be alive later on, but he had been an orphan until he was 21 years old when his father came back into the picture, spent a few days with him, and then was gone again. "Was affiliated with the Republic since then when I was picked up. Learning to fight was all I knew. Blind loyalty was all I knew. When I became an adult, I started to realize that there was more to the world then that. That I was blinded, and I was only seeing a certain percent of this galaxy. So I took off the infrared vision goggles and saw the world for what it was. I changed my life. But I had to do it, nobody did it for me" He would explain. "And when I did, my world became about so much more. Now, I just want to make it a better place. If that means ridding it of people who would enslave others for profit and gain, and murder them needlessly without care.... Well, then there I go. And knowing I've done my part makes me happy"

"Not long ago... I was on one of these runs and I met a kid. Doug was his name. I was about 20 feet from the camp and he came along, having walked there from the spaceport, all the way into the middle of nowhere. He was from Tatooine, a moisture farmer... He hardly knew how to work a blaster. He couldn't fight. He couldn't defend himself. But he was there anyway"

"You see, Doug didn't do anything wrong. Doug's family were harmless moisture farmers. But they had been abducted from their home on Tatooine and brought to the camp to be sold. Do you know how far away Tatooine was from the planet the camp was on? Somehow, he had managed to stow away and get himself onto the planet. His family had been victimized and enslaved for no reason other then because these slavers could, and Doug showed me what true bravery was.... Even if he was foolish. He was going to storm the place even though he knew he would probably die. But he loved his parents that much. So I had him come with me, and we rescued his family together"

He chuckled a bit. "That gave me even more reason to do this. For people like Doug, who didn't deserve to have their life almost ruined like that, just because slavers looked at their families and saw profit. I don't like the idea of killing... It goes against the tenants I liked to live by. But sometimes... Tenants have to change to make way for what is necessary. Heh.... I wish I'd done that a long time ago" He admitted, smirking faintly.

Yeah, a long time ago. If he'd put his foot down and been more assertive instead of only relying on his compassionate and pacifist nature, maybe he'd still be Grandmaster...

[member="Nyx"]

Nyx

Nyx listened to Josh carefully, the woman nodding along to his story. She knew that slavery was bad, of course, and was horrible for those caught in its clutches. But again, her bosses indulged in that, and she herself had enjoyed the company of their slave girls before. Even if slavery was wrong, there was a galaxy of difference between what was right, and what was.
"Listen, Blondie, that was a sweet story and all, but you're not going to change my mind: the only thing that matters is looking out for yourself and trying to enjoy what little time you have."
She took a drink of her glass.
"Some people can't, like slaves, and that's sad and all, but there's not much you can do. There will always be bad people, and bad people will always be on top. The only thing you can do is make sure that you're not the one on that auction block, even if that means you have to make sure someone else is."

Her philosophy of self-preservation disgusted many, and maybe they had a right to feel that, but in the end, it mattered little to the 'Merc With A Mouth. In the end, as long as she had some enjoyment, they could all go kark themselves.

"Never said I was trying to" The young man would remark with a casual yawn and a shrug as he sipped his drink. "You're a grown woman, you can make your own choices. The least I can do is give you something to consider while you make those decisions" He would add, smiling faintly. "You know, when I left the Republic, I had the opportunity to be just like you. Just look out for myself and survive. I could have easily done it. There were plenty of people for me to throw in front of the starship so make sure that I was able to get the easy way out of dodge. Instead, I put myself in harms way for them. Did it hurt? Sure I did. But I'm still here, aren't I? Sometimes the easy way isn't the best way, nor is it the only way" He remarked, with a light chuckle, casually blowing a strand of golden blonde hair from his eyes, shining brown that stared at her with an interested, amused hue.​
"But who says bad people are always on top?" He would inquire, amusement clear in his tone. "At one point, I was one of the top men in this world... Sure, I may not be anymore, but the same applies to the bad, no? There will always be another Prime Minister... Another Grandmaster... Another Sith Emperor... Another head of any organization, good or bad... Your alignment matters nothing, what matters is how you work. I just happened to rise up doing things my way"​
"By the way" He remarked amusedly as he sipped his drink. "I'm not the top man where I was anymore because I resigned voluntarily. Didn't want to deal with their bullchit anymore and I had the funds to do so without much of a problem. If I wanted back up to the top... It would take some work, but I could be"​
He didn't expect her to change, but knowing that you didn't need to be evil to succeed... That was food for thought.​
They would have no time to consider it, as the Twi'lek man from earlier had not taken his warning to leave, and had lined up a blaster shot right toward Nyx's head. The blaster bolt would fire, but just inches from Nyx's head, it would suddenly divert as the young man made a slight motion with his hand. His gaze moved to glare at the man and his wife as he stood to his feet and stamped his palm hard on the table.​
"Leave. NOW" He barked. He wasn't angry, but his stern expression could very well convey it. That was enough to get them to leave. He sat back down and smiled at Nyx. "Where were we?" He inquired as if it had never happened.​
[member="Nyx"]​

Nyx

The blaster shot rang out, and Nyx's base instincts kicked in.
Her hand flew to her revolver, her thumb pulling back the hammer and switching to energy rounds. The revolver was a few centimeters out of its holster when [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] moved his hand, and the bolt moved out of the way.
The mercenary froze, her blue eyes swiveling to her drinking buddy. Her mind raced with possibilities.
Was he a Jedi? Sith? Neither?
Was he after her? She couldn't remember pissing off either group, but she had a tendency to piss off people and not remember doing it.
Still, he was rather unlike any Jedi or Sith she had ever met.
Nyx allowed her Dark Force aura to radiate as she slowly sat down, and her glistaweb jacket to open slightly, showing the silvery hilt of her lightsaber clipped on the inside.
Her eyes narrowed as she stared at him, trying to come up with something to say.
"So, you're a Jedi, eh? Maybe Sith?"

Ah, they blew his cover. Shame. He was quite enjoying a conversation where titles and force sensitivity didn't play a factor. He let out a sigh, as he would in return allow his own aura to flow throughout the room. But he didn't seem too bothered about it. She appeared to be a Dark Jedi, sure, didn't have too much of the dark side in her presence in comparison to a Sith and nowhere near enough to be a Jedi, and he knew their ilk could be trouble. But he shrugged it off. If she were after him, he would fight his way out, like he always did. Life was a constant struggle for survival. This would just be yet another one.​
She didn't seem to wait to ask what he was. And he would answer with a slight smirk. "I'm a Jedi Master" He spoke calmly, with a light chuckle. "Never actually lied, I left the Republic and I was the Grand Admiral at one point. Never really knew why, but I gave someone else the position when I became Grandmaster" The Jedi would explain, his tone casual, not seeming to mind talking about it.​
"And you? What exactly are you then?" He inquired with a raised eyebrow and a soft smile. He could make guesses, but better to hear it from her.​
[member="Nyx"]​

Nyx

On the outside, Nyx remained completely calm and collected, still as arrogant as ever.
On the inside, however, she was screaming.
His aura alone let her know she wasn't dealing with a Padawan. Joshua, in addition to a slave hunter, was clearly powerful. Just another checklist on his list of things that made him attractive.
But when he elaborated, she began to understand just who he was. Not much older than her, and yet he had accomplished quite a bit. She allowed herself to relax a bit. She might not understand Jedi, but they weren't exactly known for attacking people for no reason.
"I suppose you'd call me a Dark Jedi." She answered simply. "I've had some training from Dark Siders: a fake Sith, the Prince of Kesh, a couple others. But I'm not Sith."
She shuddered at the thought of the schuttas that had taken her sister, her eyes boiling with hatred before she returned herself to the present.
"I know some people don't think there's a difference, but there is. There are some lines even I won't cross."
She leaned forward, her eyes sparkling with curiosity.​
"So, now that you know what I am, what's your m0ve? You going to leave, or stay, and keep me company for a bit longer?"

Nothing about all this seemed to bother the Jedi all that much. He'd said who he was, but he also knew who she was, to a degree. They both knew the other was a Force User. Neither had the advantage in a battle of knowledge to a degree. But if she had any intentions of attacking, he was fully prepared to fight back. Josh had been prepared for the possibility of Nyx attacking since he had decided to walk over and stop her before. He hadn't let his guard down for a second, even if his relaxed, laid-back demeanor conveyed that it was.​
So she was another Dark Jedi that had resorted to criminal activity, then? The Jedi Master would nod in response. Finally, she would ask what his next move was.​
He didn't really hesitate, he didn't really need to. He knew his answer quite quickly. "Why, my dear, why would I leave simply because you've decided to call yourself a Dark Jedi? You haven't caused me any trouble, the only trouble you've made was with that odd couple and they've already shot and left" He cracked with a light chuckle, the amused smile never leaving his lips still. "Besides, I'm having a good time. Why give up a good thing because of simple things such as statuses and Force alignments? I'm a Jedi Master, so what? I've also been the Grand Admiral, I've been the Jedi Order's Grandmaster, I've been a war hero, I've singlehandedly negotiated the Republic out of all out war while their Supreme Chancellor sat in the back and made snide remarks toward the opposing side's leader. Meanwhile, you're a Dark Jedi trained by a bunch of Sith who dabbles in criminal activity and seems to enjoy making mischief. What does any of that matter? Can we not just be two adults, in a cantina, having a good time?" Josh would inquire. "So if it doesn't bother you... I think I'll stick around and keep you company a little while longer, if you don't have any complaints" He remarked with a light smile.​
"I never really understood the term Dark Jedi" He would admit, laughing a little. "There's Jedi, there's Sith, and then there's the neutrals. I believe they call them Greys, or Rogues. They train in all aspects of the Force, work with and train with either side to fit the individual. But yet, some people think it's cool and edgy to be called 'Dark Jedi' and it boggles my mind" He cracked. "What's the viewpoint behind that? Why call yourself a Dark Jedi anyway?"​
[member="Nyx"]​

Nyx

Nyx smiled at the question.
It wasn't exactly often that she got to talk about her views and philosophies. Most times, people either wanted her to kill something, or sleep with her. It was refreshing to be able to speak her mind, for once.
"Well, I'm definitely no Jedi, rogue, or grey. Never had any experience with the Light, don't really want to. All of my experiences and power is directly tied to the Darkness, and I'm satisfied to revel in that power.
The Dark isn't 'evil', exactly, just as the Light isn't inherently 'good'. I use my power to help myself, and sometimes the people close to me. That's it.
But the Sith? That's true evil."
She took a deep breath.
"I have a twin sister, Nox. Separated at birth, or something like that. I met her a few months ago, and she's a Sith. In that moment, in her corrupted eyes, I saw what it does to you. I saw what becoming that kind of monster does to you.
Do I belong to the Darkness? Yes. Do the Sith belong to the Darkness? Yes.
But I'm not the monster that the Sith are, no way.
So that's why I call myself a Dark Jedi; because nothing else fits quite as well."

"So you're more or less a Sith but not a Sith, using the darkside and pretty much nothing but, but not serving the forces of evil and instead serving yourself and whoever pays you the most?" He would inquire, tilting his head. He wasn't going to beat around the bush, he was going to call it as he saw it. Why? Because that was just how he did things. He was laid back, casual, but he wasn't one for patience (ironically) for bullchit either.​
"Not much different from the Sith, no? They only look out for themselves. They only look out for what's best for them, and maybe some extensions. It's a selfish endeavour, the only difference between you, by how I see it is... You're not serving a group of tyrants, just Hutts, slavers and other criminals who will probably inevitably be put out of work when someone like me gets through with them. You know, with my lack of patience... Ironically... In slavers and slave dealers" He remarked with a light smirk. "Just how I'm looking at it, of course, dear. If you want to tell me otherwise, feel free to explain and go on about it. I got all day" He would add.​
The story about her sister struck a chord with him though. And for a moment, he smiled. He had begun to understand [member="Nyx"] just a little better.​
"You have no idea how familiar that sounds to me" He remarked with a light laugh. "Truth is... I have a little brother. When I was 5, we were in a speeder that was shot down on Coruscant. It killed both our parents, and I assumed my brother as well. The Jedi found me, nursed me back to health, and that's how I ended up a member of the Order. But my brother, Nick... Like I said, I assumed him dead all these years. So how do you think I felt when I finally found him.... Only to find out that he was a Sith? To finally find him after all these years, just to find out that the Sith have taken him away from me all over again?" He would ask, biting his lip.​
"I've seen those same eyes, Nyx... Those same corrupt eyes, in my baby brother."​
His expression became fierce, as he relived it all over again. His tone, even, took a more serious tint, as his laid back personality faded more and more....​
And I've tried... I've tried so hard to save him. I don't care if he becomes a Jedi or anything else... I could care less about that. I... I just want him to be free. I want him to be free of the monster they have turned him into. And I will -never- forgive the Sith for that. I will never forgive those monsters for taking my baby brother away from me. And turning him into one of them, one of those monsters. I've seen him raze cities, I've seen him murder families... Fathers... Mothers... Even children. But I've spoken to him, I've tried to reason with him. I know that deep down, he has a heart... It's there. My baby brother is there. But he thinks he's too far gone. He thinks the darkness has overtaken him so much, that there is no going back, there is no redemption... That darkness is all he knows, and he can never live a real life outside of it."​
"I want to prove him wrong... And most of all, I want to save him. I want to set him free. I don't care what I have to do. I don't care if I have to risk everything I have built over the last 16 years to do it. I don't care if I have to destroy the Sith myself... I will not stop, I will not rest, until my baby brother is free. Even if I have to learn the dark side myself... Just to show him that it can be done. That it's never too late."​
He took a deep breath. He hadn't brought this up before, and despite Nyx being someone he couldn't entirely trust, he knew she would have one trait that others would not... Understanding. A common ground. He knew, deep down, she'd experienced every single emotion he was feeling right now.​
He smiled faintly. "I suppose we've found a little common ground then" He spoke softly. "I won't condemn you for the use of the dark side... You don't seem to be the monster they are, even if the differences aren't as far as you might think. I believe that nobody is ever too far gone... Not you... And certainly not my brother."​
"But... Be wary of the dark side. There is a reason why those that use it commonly become Sith, after all.. That amount of evil gathering in one place. It makes you think, doesn't it? Where does their evil take root? Are they just evil before the dark side? Or did the dark side change them?"​
It was a lot to consider.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom