Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smugglin' Run

Liona Mikael

Ain't nothin' a little hotwirin' can't fix.
[ The Wheel ]

Liona paced around the small antechamber in one of the many hotels in the space station. She rather hated having to meet the contractor in person; too many instances where she'd ended up shot at by some trigger happy security force or bounty hunter trying to make a few credits. Over the Holonet, it was much safer for her lively hood. She could encrypt the data channel and bounce the message off at least four star systems. The harder it was to track her whereabouts, the easier it was to continue moving through the galaxy 'safely'.

"Why am I here again, ugh..." she muttered, sitting heavily in one of the chairs and hanging her head.

She moreover didn't like working with Hutts. Hutts had large swathes of influences in the crime worlds, and did not hesitate to sent bounty hunters after your head if you failed them. She'd never met a Hutt she enjoyed speaking with, always worried about getting screwed over in a deal. Yet, here she was, waiting to meet Popo the Hutt for some smuggling mission. The mission was straight forward enough: go get these materials and bring them. The caviat? She had to meet in person to get the actual details of the mission, and her possible payment.

Liona ground her teeth.

Simply put, the smuggler was broke. She barely had enough credits to pay the docking fees, much less refuel and replace the hyperdrive motivator that was dying. Between slim pickings on the jobs front, and a bounty board with almost too much killing jobs, there were last resorts that had to be taken. Last resorts led her here. Wonderful, just... wonderful.

"Force I don't like this..."

[member="Popo"] [member="Uriel"] fer laters

Char-Li was in his armor, however a cloak as over top of it all which concealed his modified DC-15s rifle that was attached by a sling. He hand his hands near his side arm, but did not consider drawing it inside of the hotel, less he raise suspicion. He came to a stop, scanning for the bounty hunter he needed to give the package to and ensure delivery with.

Right, the runner's a girl.

It wasn't an easy job, Hutt wasn't an easy man to bargain with, let along understand. All he knew to do was give some girl a package and payment, then follow her to a space dock or something stupid like that. Avoid detection from the Imperials and return for payment. Why would he do a job for the Hutts? He needed a quick way off this planet.

"Hey, you the girl?" Char-Li asked, holding out a small silver coin with a small symbol on it that only those doing jobs for the Hutts would possibly understand.

This was going to be interesting.

Gun-running and drug smuggling for Hutts was almost as bad as being one. Sure they had money but the bounties they sponsored or created were always personal ones. Someone didn't make their protection fees, you pissed one off, or you simply just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. For Xalus, that latter statement never seemed to ring a bell. When you were on the same playing field that planetary governments were on, it was always hard to retrace your steps.

Where you came from said a lot about your character.

"Gross."

Xalus looked around, narrowing his eyes at various signs displayed by merchants and the unsavory species of aliens roaming The Wheel. Rodians, Aqualish, Trandoshans, and of course; Humans. The Gen'Dai cared little for the differences in their species, preferably just sticking to his own guns and beating them all with cunning, firepower, and time. It was widely known that all of his kind lived up to about ten thousands years, though Gen'Dai had all but become extinct during the old Galactic Empire's reign.

He had even seen Emperor Palpatine and Darth Vader before, but that was long before he was in the occupation that he resided in today. Rather, he wanted to check back with old contacts here before moving on. The Cerberus was docked somewhere on the North docking station and was safely guarded by his little troupe of droids and assorted mechanoid beings. Fun crew they were.

Xalus hoped they were behaving themselves, just as he stumbled upon a hotel. The Resort. Fairly simple name, mediocre staff, and a moderately pleasing interior. Old memories flooded back with Xalus deciding to step back inside for ol' timessake.

[member="Char-Li Luzerei"], [member="Liona Mikael"]

Char-Li couldn't help but notice the Gen'Dai that approached. He didn't know much about these creatures other than the fact that they take a shit down of blaster fire before they fall. He didn't have any real intentions to provoke the creature but it's always wise to have a contingency, no matter who it may be.

Maybe I could team up with the big guy, that or stow away on his ship to where ever the hell he'll end up next. Anywhere beats the heat.

Char-Li hated the desert heat, but loved it's warming sun against his skin whenever he was able to relax. Unfortunately for him, he couldn't relax in his line of work here. He needed a way somewhere and he needed either credits or a fool to take him.

Where was he going? He doesn't know, but he tries to not stay more than a week in one planet or moon at a time, to avoid detection and routine. Did he want to settle down? Find love? Make a family? Maybe, but his mind right now was just to give someone a small box and make sure that they aren't followed.

Liona Mikael

[ The Wheel ]

She let out a heavy sigh. This was the other reason she didn't enjoy doing these kinds of things. Inevitably she attracted a crowd. How this was possible, given her small stature and relatively unimposing presence she had no idea, yet it seemed to happen. Are you the girl? Really? That was his entrance. Liona was highly unimpressed. Plus, it meant he didn't actually have an idea of what job she was doing, or the one he was. Was she the girl? Force... The smuggler put on her best 'resting annoyed face' and looked up.

"Are you a Hutt? If not, then no, I'm not the girl." Liona moved a piece of purple hair from her eyes, giving him the best bored and annoyed expression she possibly could. Unless he'd figured out to fit a giant Hutt body in that suit of armor, he was going to be sorely disappointed. Probably a bounty hunter of some sort. Wonderful. Just what she needed, an old contract coming to bite her solidly in the shebs. The smuggler rested her arms on her legs, and hoped he have the good sense to go find who it was that was 'the girl' or his contact.

Moreover, he was more armored than she was. Liona was reckless. She wasn't stupid.

[member="Char-Li Luzerei"]

Char-Li shook his head, "I'm not with the Hutts, I'm doing a job for them." A common misconception with him, he only does jobs, never associates with the people he's doing the job for. He sighed, holding out a small parcle, "Take this and meet me at the south exit. Come alone," Char-Li said, his helmet turning to her as if to face her before he began to walk away.

Standard operating procedures for him, give the smuggler the package and move to the platform given by the employer. He was well equipped in case the job was a set up or if someone tried to grab the package before the drop off was reached. He stopped however, hiding behind a small pillar, obviously out of the way so that no one could see him.

He would relay a message once the smuggler got into the position he needed her to be in. Normally, a Hutt's informants would be all over us right now. Why the hell is it so quiet? All of these questions were being asked as he scanned around for the traps that could possibly be sprung.

Liona Mikael

(I'm new to the site, how do I tag people? XP)

The vibe of the whole place felt a little weird once Xalus entered. Granted, he was well over the average height of any being and his prideful gait let people know who he was even without all of the assorted blasters and knives crisscrossed across his armor. Truth be told, no jobs had been accepted today. It was just one of those days where you took a look back on your life, found some old pals, and reminisced about better, more profitable times. The only things happening now were the turf wars of the galaxy's southwest, the Mando-Primeval war up north, and the One Sith's war with the Republic.

Pretty much the standard of galactic politics.

"Aye, who're you?" A voiced came ringing out, from behind the front desk. The armored man turned to face its direction. A scrubby looking little Rodian peered up at him with unblinking, nauseating red eyes. "Well," he started, "You gonna answer me?"

It was astounding at the guts this guy had. Didn't even look to be middle aged and all he wore was a simple set of clothes, albeit the only thing different was the blaster pistol strapped to his leg.

"Xalus." His raspy voice replied. "I'm here to see Dravin. Be sure to mention something about Mygeeto. He'll know what I mean."

The Rodian looked a little off-put by that request. However, he let his puffed out chest dissipate with an exhale before retreating to the office behind the front desk. A few moments later, the door opened. Out came the Rodian first, a rather pensive and inquisitive look upon his features as he blinked once and returned to his seat at he desk. Closely following the alien came a human man, probably in his later thirties now. A suit adorned his frame, quite fine considering the appearance standards here on the Wheel.

"Xalus, buddy!" Dravin exclaimed, throwing out his arms. "How've you been?"

The whole scene looked like a mouse holding out its arms in request of a hug to a bear. And that said bear wasn't a teddy bear.

"I'm well," he replied, "And you look like you're doing fine yourself."

Dravin dropped his arms, running fingers through greasy hair. "Yeah, yeah. I'm gettin' old, pal, don't need to say it to my face or anythin'. Besides, with that war goin' on, I've got more than enough o' those refugees or whatevers comin' in." The man cocked out his elbow, leaning against the front desk. "So, what brings ya here, Xal?"

The bounty hunter seemed a little disheveled by the inquiry. "Just checking up on things. Anyone interesting come through here?" Xalus's own yellow eyes curled around to peer at the rest of the hotel's first floor. There wasn't much space you could build upon in a station, but Dravin made do with what he could. "Any syndicates or gangs popping up?"

The man drew closer, lowering his voice. "Heard a few Hutts are gettin' back into the ring, maybe some o' those Black Sun or Cartel types. Even heard a rumor about one of 'em staying 'ere." Dravin pointed a finger at the other armored man in the room, the one with a t-visored helmet. "Maybe one of their contacts?"

Just as quickly as he brought it up, the finger was dropped and he moved away as if nothing had ever happened.

"Thanks, Drave. I'll have a look around." The Gen'Dai sighed, "Might pull security for ol' timessake."

Dravin grinned. "Attaboy."

(OOC: To tag people, either click the "@Mention" button below their profile picture, or merely type in their name with a "@" preceding it. If you've got any more questions, feel free to PM me.)

Liona Mikael

[ The Wheel ]

Liona continued to look at him unimpressed. Oh look, the nice man is giving her a package. That was going to end well. She rolled her eyes and leaned back in the chair. She knew better than to take strange packages from stranger people. She glanced out the doorway into the rest of the hotel for a moment. She thought she saw someone glance over at her direction, but otherwise the hotel moved as it always did.

"Sorry bub, I've got more important things to do than run around with a silly box." The smuggler eyed the package and then dropped it on the floor next to the chair. The armored man wandered off after muttering something about meeting him at the south exit alone. Hah. She snorted to herself and shook her head. Honestly there was a system for these kinds of things. Like comlinks, and messages via holocron, and payment talks.

She might hate Hutts and loath working with them, but she was even more loath to work for someone for free simply because they gave her a box and told her a location to meet.

Liona was starting to regret leaving the door of the waiting room open.

[member="Char-Li Luzerei"] [member="Xalus"]

Char-Li couldn't help the fact that he felt like he was being watched. When he turned the corner, he saw that the package was left alone. "Well, more credits for me." He smiled behind his one way visor as he walked toward the box again, picking it up to examine it as he talked to his comm-link. "The smuggler has refused the job, I will arrive at the Hutts with the package for an additional five hundred thousand credits, along with the payment for the original smuggler."

The Hutt on the other line gave a indignant roar, the droid translating, "Of course and do be careful with the package." Char-Li shaking his head before cutting the link short.

"Careful is my name if it wasn't a dead language."

Char-Li's home, his old world, all lost. He doesn't know a lot about t nor did he really care much to pursue any part of it.

[member="Liona Mikael"] [member="Xalus"]

Most of the waiting room had been cleared by now anyways. What few bystanders had already been in there had long since cleared out, either heading to their rooms for a night's sleep or merely fleeing from the abrasive gaze of Xalus. Yellow eyes scoured the room for any signs of interest, particularly searching for that one armored fellow that had only been here moments before. The bounty hunter had assumed the man was armed, though it was always safe to assume the worst in people.

That was probably the case with this purple-haired lass of a human.

Xalus casually kept his eyes moving before finally locking them onto the slight frame of the woman. He towered over here, and he hadn't even crossed the room just yet. Even if the little lass stood up from her chair at the table she would've dwarfed in comparison to that walking suit of armor.

Take it nice and easy. Sweet and simple.

The Gen'Dai crossed the room with the grace of a princess - or so he thought - quickly coming to bear on the purple hair with extreme prejudice. That blaster pistol on his hip felt ever present as he slid into the seat across from her, as casually as he could without breaking the thing under his weight. Oh well, he hoped Dravin didn't mind a seat with a few cracks in it.

"Waiting on someone?" The hunter asked plainly, armored hands folded across the table.

Liona Mikael

[ The Wheel ]

She blew air out of her nose, ready to glare up at that dude who gave her the box, to fine what appeared to be a walking suit of metal. She blinked a little him, especially as he sat down across from her. The woman watched him silently, a flicker of warning the back of her head. This was not someone to piss off. He had far, far more armor than she did, and he probably dwarfed her in size. Besides, you know, the combat prowess that came from that, or sheer strength and size of him.

Not someone she wanted to be in the business of messing with.

Liona jerked a thumb to the closed door with a protocol droid in front of it some ten paces behind her. "Waitin' for the kriffing Hutt to give me the light'a'day. Knowin' my luck though, that ruddy droid will come over, give me the info, and send me on my way." She snorted air out of her nose again, running a hand through her purple hair.

"At least yer not tryin' to give me some kriffing package, but why do ya care?"

[member="Xalus"]

[member="Liona Mikael"] [member="Xalus"]

[The Wheel, Docking Bay]

The sneaking and spying was really getting old with her. Shakk loved her father, but God these espionage missions were getting old. What would smugglers be transporting that her father wanted so bad. She needed to complete her Lightsaber before committing to a master for training. Yet her father needed a spy and she was the only one trained. Dumb missions, with their dumb smugglers, and dumb criminals.

Shakk had just arrived to the station, and was to contact troopers when she found the package a Hutt was to hand off to a smuggler. She knew the Hutt would never show his face, probably have a hunter drop it off or something else. She already sliced into the security feed, but the where ever it was to happen, the smuggler was sitting in the senior blind spot, they weren't novice. This meant she had to walk around, this really upset her.

"This sucks." She said.

She found some kind of waiting room, seemed like a good enough spot to be lazy and pouty. No one in the room seemed to care, just another young girl with an attitude, sitting in a room of what she beleived were scum. She didn't hate criminals, gata do what you gata do, as long as they just killed each other.

Smooth and collected, seemed like this girl had experience on her hands. Most beings either stared blankly at his size and stature, quivered in fear, or merely took him as a thread. While this lass sure did offer a few stares at both his armor and unfeeling yellow eyes, she was otherwise fairly calm and collected in her mannerisms, albeit that accent of hers made communication that much harder. Accents pissed Xalus off, and he didn't even know why.

"Package?" If he had eyebrows, they would've been raised. The bounty hunter's inquiry was left in open air, not exactly expecting an answer as he peered over the table to spot the little box of sorts. He didn't like the look of it, at all. Many things could be in there. A teddy bear, some credits, gifts from a relative, drugs, weapons, or a bomb. The latter was what commanded his attention, a warning flare firing off in the back of his mind. He knew assassins and other hunters who preferred methods like that. Disgusting tactics, he thought.

"Where did you find that?"

[member="Shakk Awaud"], [member="Liona Mikael"], [member="Char-Li Luzerei"]

Char-Li decided that enough was enough, he came up to Xalus, a bit wary about his approach and tried his best to not seem like a threat. He kept his hands in his view, on of them holding the small package he was supposed to bring to whoever the hell that courier or smuggler was supposed to be.

"You don't happen to be the person I'm supposed to be looking for, are you?"

He wasn't a very patient man when he's had little to no sleep, no one was. He was secretly cursing himself for not reading the intelligence completely and thoroughly but he was supposed to be the middle man, not the one to handle the details aside from trail the actual smuggler.

[member="Xalus"] [member="Liona Mikael"]

Liona Mikael

[ The Wheel ]

She rolled a shouldered and dropped the package on the table from under her chair. What was it with people wanting packages today? Honestly what did she look like, a courier? Liona sighed, glancing up long enough to see another chick enter the room (man it was getting crowded in here now) and the person from before with another package.

"That would be the guy who'd insisted I meet him in the south end alone," she said flatly, rather unimpressed with the whole thing. Honestly she just wanted her information from the Hutt and she could leave.

At that moment, a droid rolled up and all but shoved a datapad into her face. The smuggler frowned, reading it. A few taps later, the droid rolled away. Oh of course she couldn't be seen today. Of course. Well as least she got her information. Blast it. Liona stood and gave a sarcastic little salute to those gathered.

"Best be off. People to see, places to go, you know," said the woman, walking out of the door and into the rest of the Wheel.

[ Exit ]

[member="Xalus"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom