Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smugglers

It was not Cedric's place to enact judgement on criminals, but he was afforded a bit of leniency from time to time. A quick flash of an identi card allowed him access to the precinct. He'd been preparing to leave Coruscant when a bulletin from the CSF dinged on his datapad.

He'd informed the hard working men of the CSF as to his search queries. They'd agreed to send anyone meeting the proper criteria his way, in exchange for a donation of credits to the CSF's vacation fund. So it was that Cedric had been allowed to interrogate a young smuggler that had been caught bringing contraband into the galactic capital.

The knight was clad in the dark robes of his homeworld, though they were clearly Jedi in inspiration. It was essentially his war-gear minus the plates that actually made it armor. His head was bare, revealing a patrician face that was young, but eyes that were jaded with the wisdom of experience.

"What exactly were you smuggling?" He asked, a brow lofted at the Twi'lek who had been seated opposite him across a black table.

@Teeubo

Teeubo

"Remember, the money is always right."
"Okay, so I was smuggling an almost extinct species! What's so bad about that? I was finding him a new home. Surely there's no crime for that" Teeubo was surprised to see a Jedi interrogate her, usually, it was some old man who just wanted to go home.

[member="Cedric Grayson"]

"A new home in the heart of an industrialized planet," the knight lofted a brow.

"Miss, while it's not my place to educate you on the ethics of moving exotic species to worlds that can't support them, it is my place to get a confession," Cedric snorted, "And you just gave me one. That didn't take all that much work," the knight rumbled with quiet laughter.

"That being said," he paused for effect, "You did show some aptitude in getting the things here, though your choice of client could have been better. Had he not thrown that party of his, you never would have been caught."

Another pause,

"It's for that reason alone that you're talking with me, and not a proper officer."

@Teeubo

Teeubo

"Yeah well didn't see much point in lying with all that force stuff, but yeah I'm one of the best in the business. So a Jedi wants to talk to a lowly criminal like me? Must be something important."

"You could say that," he paused, searching the Twi'lek's expression for any shift in emotion. "I may be able to put you to work for something that pays a little better. Something you can be proud of."

A datapad was slid across the table. The pad came to life, revealing a map of nebulae and hyperspace lanes. "How well do you know Sith space?"

@Teeubo

Teeubo

Teeubo looked with interest at the map, "Probably better than your map, but that is dangerous territory to be working in. Piss off the wrong person and boom, executed. You got a good reason to go there I presume?" The Twi'lek raised an eyebrow and smirked.

"I have reason enough, but you'll need to agree to secrecy before I tell it to you." Cedric gestured toward the datapad. The pad flickered to life once again, displaying a line where a signature should go. "Secrecy, and if you don't agreed with my offer, I'll wipe the memory from your mind."

Cedric leaned back, the smile fading, "What say you?"

Hks gaze never left the Smuggler.

@Teeubo

"Alright," he paused a moment to asses the woman, "I am organizing a group to harry the Sith Empire. We need people with experience sneaking on and off planets to help us in that endeavor. That is where you and the other smugglers we've contracted come in."

He flicked with a thumb, and the datapad's view shifted to that of a rebel starbird. Upon it was the code for what looked to be a comm frequency.

"You enter that code into your comm, and you're with us. You'll be paid well of course, and you're allowed to refuse." Another pause, "But, if you do come with us, I can guarantee the work is more fulfilling than moving exotic animals."

@Teeubo

Teeubo

"Well with that proposition, how could I saw no? I was going to sith space anyways, this is just extra pay." Teeubo leaned back in her chair until it was balancing on two legs and smirked.

"Welcome to the alliance then. I hope you enjoy your stay," was all Cedric offered as he rose to his feet.

"Register the code. When you do, we'll send you the coordinates to where you're going. You're free to leave, though if you skip out on me, I'll know." He turned, not awaiting a reply as he strode out the door.

Time would tell if Teeubo had been honest or not.

@Teeubo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom