Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Smoke on the Water

Eloise was willing to shrug off her pain for the mission. If she could handle it, then Amani wouldn't push. Obviously these men needed more immediate attention.

They both got to work quickly. Amani had actually amassed a palm-sized cloud of smoke she had extracted from the unconscious men's lungs. She released it when Eloise spoke, the puff dissipating in the wind instantaneously. "Yes. Medbay." Naturally. She turned back to her patients, and the Gran coughed loudly, sputtering back into consciousness. The barest form of consciousness, anyway. He opened his mouth, "Shhh," Amani immediately stopped him, "Save your strength. You're alright. We're taking care of it."

"Eloise, how's it going over there?"

I’m so tired…” the captain mumbled.

Go to sleep, then,” Eloise replied, fishing a syringe out of her medpac.

But—But isn’t that bad? Doesn’t it mean I’m dying?

"Eloise, how's it going over there?"

Fine, fine!” Eloise answered. Turning back to the captain, she added, “You’ve been watching too many holos. It doesn’t matter if you pass out or not.” She stuck him with the needle.

Ow!

Oh, shut up.” She injected the contents of the syringe into his bloodstream. It would ward off infection. “I think I’ve done about as much as I can for this guy,” she informed Amani.

"Switch with me," Amani said, standing up to go check on the captain. Eloise could keep the other two stable while she did a final check on him, just to be safe. The Chief Healer knelt down, helping clean and mend his injuries with a heavy current of the Force. He'd still need some proper surgery, but he'd live.

"Alright. I think we're in the clear."
Amani approached Eloise now, "Good job. You did well." Under pressure no less. The padawan would probably gonna to hear it, but her actions today had been heroic.

Amani commanded her to switch places. Eloise did so without question, and found that the other two survivors were pretty much taken care of. Her only real job was to monitor their conditions and make sure they remained stable.

Which was more difficult when you were tired and wounded yourself. She forced herself to stay awake and focused, continuing to draw strength from the Force, until at last Amani announced that they were in the clear.

"Good job. You did well."

No point doing less than my best,” she muttered in reply. But she was more grateful for the praise than she was willing to admit. “What are we standing around here for? Let’s get these poor bastards to the medbay.

Amani gave Eloise an approving nod, and a pat on the shoulder, "Let's." An emergency response team arrived a moment later, putting out the fires on the crashed ship. No shot of that getting rebuilt, but at least the crew was alive. All the more reason to not squander their time and get them out to receive proper attention.

"Guess we'll be saving visitation for later." Probably for the best. They had more than enough action for today anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom