Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Smart Paint Grenade/Mine

Status
Not open for further replies.
glow-body-gel-big5.jpg

Image Credit: http://www.houseofrave.com/glow-body-gel.html
Intent: Add to the ammunition types available for B230 Smart Grenade/Mine Launcher
Development Thread: No
Manufacturer: Prototype Lab Q
Model: Smart Glo-Paint Grenade/Mine
Affiliation: Spynet
Modularity: No
Production: Limited
Material: Durasteel/Electronics
Special Features:
Programmable grenades
- Detonate in Xm;
- Detonate Xm before/after target;
- Detonate with Ys delay from reaching X
Programmable Mines:
- Wall stick;
- Airburst within Xm of lifeform;
- Go to ground
- Go to ground and hop when triggered
Description: These 25mm smart grenades/mines are fully compatible with the B230 Launcher. In fact, they will be launchable, but will not detonate when fired from any other launcher. Each grenade/mine is electronically primed and programmed when in the chamber, based on user choices. When fired they will behave and detonate as programmed, as per all B230 ammunition.
Prototype Lab Q took the original ammunition for the weapon, and refitted them with a new range of more varied armaments. This version is filled with a gel paint that will take the energy of the initial explosion and convert it into light.

Based on a technology still in research for the purposes of providing cheap lighting, by turning the warmth of a dwelling into light, these paint grenades cover their targets in a luminous gel. The gel not only glows in the visible spectrum for up to an hour, it is also particularly bright in the UV band. In fact, the paint has a specific spectral signature. Spectral filters using just four bands, applied to targeting scanners and droids can pick out targets painted with this gel from a distance. The Hunter-Killer Drones are particularly adept at locking on to targets painted with these weapons from a great height and locking on.

Potential Area of Effect (Grenade/Mine):
Covered in paint: 5m/3m
Splattered with paint: 10m/6m
Odd paint drops: 20m/14m

Targets covered in slick armour, such as Durasteel, will be able to wipe away the paint with a damp cloth. However, it is particularly stick and any exposed fabric will likely need washing to remove the stain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom