Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Smart Ion Grenade/Mine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intent: Add to the ammunition types available for B230 Smart Grenade/Mine Launcher
Development Thread: No
Manufacturer: Prototype Lab Q
Model: Smart Ion Grenade/Mine
Affiliation: Spynet
Modularity: No
Production: Limited
Material: Durasteel/Electronics
Special Features:
Programmable grenades
- Detonate in Xm;
- Detonate Xm before/after target;
- Detonate with Ys delay from reaching X
Programmable Mines:
- Wall stick;
- Airburst within Xm of lifeform;
- Go to ground
- Go to ground and hop when triggered
Description: These 25mm smart grenades/mines are fully compatible with the B230 Launcher. In fact, they will be launchable, but will not detonate when fired from any other launcher. Each grenade/mine is electronically primed and programmed when in the chamber, based on user choices. When fired they will behave and detonate as programmed, as per all B230 ammunition.
Prototype Lab Q took the original ammunition for the weapon, and refitted them with a new range of more varied armaments. This version is based on the Ion Grenade

Ion grenades discharge an electromagnetic pulse that disables any electronic devices such as droids, automated turrets, vehicles, and can bring down personal deflector shields.

Potential Area of Effect (Grenade/Mine):
Unprotected electronics disabled: 3m/2m
Potential permanent interference with small devices/significant damage to personal shields: 5m/3m
Temporary interference with electronic devices/scanners/etc: 20m/14m
Electromagnetic shielding will negate some of the effects of this grenade. This type of defence is typically designed against wide area effects from warheads, not such powerful local explosions. Particularly well shielded electronics, such as highly advanced tanks for EM warfare may be completely unaffected by this ammunition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom