Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Smart Cryoban Grenade/Mine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intent: Add to the ammunition types available for B230 Smart Grenade/Mine Launcher
Development Thread: No
Manufacturer: Prototype Lab Q
Model: Smart Cryoban Grenade/Mine
Affiliation: Spynet
Modularity: No
Production: Limited
Material: Durasteel/Electronics
Special Features:
Programmable grenades
- Detonate in Xm;
- Detonate Xm before/after target;
- Detonate with Ys delay from reaching X
Programmable Mines:
- Wall stick;
- Airburst within Xm of lifeform;
- Go to ground
- Go to ground and hop when triggered
Description: These 25mm smart grenades/mines are fully compatible with the B230 Launcher. In fact, they will be launchable, but will not detonate when fired from any other launcher. Each grenade/mine is electronically primed and programmed when in the chamber, based on user choices. When fired they will behave and detonate as programmed, as per all B230 ammunition.
Prototype Lab Q took the original ammunition for the weapon, and refitted them with a new range of more varied armaments. This version is based on the Cryoban Grenade
These use CryoBan technology adapted from the carbon-freezing process. They cover targets in its blast radius with supercooled chemicals, causing pain and temporarily trapping a person within the ice formed by the blast. The cold itself can also damage equipment such as droids, electronics, and vehicles that were not specially adapted for cold-weather use.
Potential Area of Effect (Grenade/Mine):
Frozen: 5m/3m
Some potentially harmful ice formation: 10m/6m
Blast of cold: 20m/14m
Well armoured and strong individuals will likely be able to take the blast and then break free of the effects. However, may still damage components of armour in these conditions. Any armoured target with protection against the elements is liable to be unharmed by these, but may be frozen/slowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom