Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Small Worlds [Dreidi Xeraic]

Caedyn Arenais

C
World of Naboo
Confederate Space
Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic

rZjouWI.png
Being in a relationship with Asaraa Vaashe Asaraa Vaashe over the years hadn't always been easy on the pair, she being the sole Jedi Master at the head of the School of the Lotus under the Knights Obisidian roster while Caedyn Arenais had served within the Order of the Silver Jedi, under the Silver Concord's authority these days. House Arenais had financed a number of locations under Caedyn's charge since his father's demise, one of the said investments being a multi-purpose civilian space-station for which they had a residence upon, yet despite Cae's hope that this would ease the blow of such a long-distance relationship and it's difficulties, the time hadn't moved any quicker or easier between their visits. One of which had brought Caedyn back into Confederate Space once more today, this time the location set upon their capital world of Naboo where he had wound up being encouraged to spend time with his Girlfriend's Apprentice, Yuroic Xeraic's Daughter in-fact.

The beauty of the outdoors was splendid on the eyes, Caedyn having asked Dreidi to meet with him nearby the lakeside path, that they might walk and talk unless otherwise distracted or choosing to veer off elsewhere. Theed City all together was a beautiful place, the architecture unlike Commenor or Mnemosyne, every building or walkway looking as though their construction had been painstakingly filled with every fibre of effort capable of a master craftsman. So much so that spending their time indoors had seemed like too much of a waste to the Jedi Knight, who didn't exactly have an abundance of time to spend away from his duties and obligations to both Mnemosyne and the Jedi Path.

Standing with his hands held behind his back, Caedyn watched as a gentle breeze created soft ripples across the water's surface. It was a sight easily taken for granted, Nature commonly done so by the comings and goings of busy people, yet he had tried to take the time to appreciate the small things these recent days, for every breath of life was born of the Force and so too the Force fueled by life.

The Jedi Knight hadn't been waiting long before Dreidi's arrival, and with such a view before him, it had been a pleasant breather away from the usual duties required of a Jedi. He and Asaraa hadn't touched on the subject itself, whether or not the younger woman actually intended on following the Jedi Path or not, yet there were plenty a subject that Caedyn could share with her, some from as far back as when he was a student within the Je'daii Order, abilities and ideologies not all shared by the organization that he served today.

Dreidi had been in the Confederacy for half a year or so now, she had been powering through her training, learning her natural affinity for certain Force moves and being able to develop her skills more and more but she was still feeling like she was behind her fellow Padawans that she wasn't as strong as she should be. However, her body was growing as she was hitting peak puberty, it was a rollercoaster for the young teenager but she was finding herself through heavy rock music and forcing herself to dedicate time to training so that she was physically stronger and had grown a couple of inches as well so she needed to get use to her new height and lankiness. It was awkward though least of her problems really, and on the flip side her jacket was not as oversized as it had been before so she was pleased with that.

Asaraa had told Dreidi to meet up with Caedyn and perhaps take a lesson or two from him, Dreidi wasn't best pleased with this suggestion. She had taken a lesson with him before, way back when she was in the SJC and he was teaching history of the Jedi, something that could have been interesting but Dreidi couldn't pay any attention, lectures were not the best way for her to learn in her opinion. Donning her oversized plaid shirt, band t-shirt, with jeans and her favourite sneakers. Looking around Naboo, she had been spending a lot of time in Naboo so its charms had been fading for her. But the people around were interesting to watch and behave.

Following the Jedi path was all Dreidi knew that she wanted to do, she was dedicating herself to learning more about Jedi and the type of Jedi that her parents were. Since she had assumed they were purest Jedi, dedicated to the Light, however recently looking at herself and how her parents never hid it but she just never saw that they were more grey than pure Jedi. It was reassuring for her since Dreidi was worried that the darkness inside her prevented her being a Jedi. Looking around, Dreidi spotted her Master's bf admiring the city, she rolled her eyes, to say she was not a fan of Caedyn was a little harsh but she also knew that he wasn't around for Asaraa that much which didn't feel right either.

Tugging on her open plaid shirt and adjusted the large clothing to better fit her frame. "Hey Caedyn." Dreidi looked over to her, "gunna stick around for a lesson or you got something important somewhere else in the galaxy?" The snide comment wasn't needed and Dreidi wasn't sure she enjoyed it as much as she thought she would... It was perhaps something that Asaraa should handle but Dreidi couldn't stay silent, she needed to stick up for her sister. "Either way, hopefully this won't be a long lecture... Jedi history isn't super exciting," shrugging as she stepped closer, "what did you have in mind for the class then?"

Caedyn Arenais

Caedyn Arenais

C
"Hey Caedyn. Gunna stick around for a lesson or you got something important somewhere else in the galaxy?
Either way, hopefully this won't be a long lecture... Jedi history isn't super exciting, what did you have in mind for the class then?"
As far as Caedyn knew, he and Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic hadn't been given much of an opportunity to get to know one another. Sure he had taught a number of classes and she may have attended one or two, but while teaching large groups of students, it wasn't particularly easy to get to know each individual student when trying to focus on the subject having to be relayed to the group. With this being said, the greeting that she had offered him wasn't quite what he had expected, or entirely understood where it was coming from.

"...Hello Dreidi" Caedyn responded, meeting her with a wary smile not wanting to appear rude despite being certain there was something of a sarcastic tone being passed his way; "It's nice to see you again. Asaraa did tell me you're looking for a little additional training, although she didn't exactly mention what....-Perhaps you can tell me what you're interested in?" Caedyn asked. If he was going to be offering the young woman something in the way of learning then he definitely wanted to offer something in the range of what she was interested in; Even better, something she was enthusiastic about!

His Relationship with Asaraa wasn't exactly a discussion he had any plan of sharing with Dreidi, not for any reason other than the fact that he wasn't quite certain how he felt on the subject himself, let alone something he felt like delving into with someone he didn't feel comfortable confiding in. There was little doubt that Dreidi could be a trustworthy and reliable person, but between the two of them, they hadn't nearly the time nor experience to reach that point of trust just yet.

"What're some subjects on the top of your list that you'd like to take on and learn about?".

Crossing her arms over her chest, she huffed unimpressed with him. He seemed to not take notice of what she was saying which was frustrating. While Asaraa didn't really talk about their relationship to Dreidi, she could just tell things were as good as they were because Caedyn was just not really around that much. However, it clearly wasn't her place to butt in, was that enough to stop her though? Nope, she was determined to make Caedyn feel bad for being a bad boyfriend in Dreidi's eyes. She had seen enough holovids to know that it was a sister's job to butt in and that Asaraa would butt in and do the same if Dreidi had a boyfriend or partner of any gender, she wasn't really sure where her attraction laid yet. Anyway, she was adamant to make him feel a little guilty about not paying enough attention to Asaraa, even if her sister could equally make the effort the spend time with him that didn't matter she had commitments like being Dreidi's Master while all she knew of Caedyn was that he never really stuck around anywhere.

Dreidi narrowed her eyes and tilted her head, attempting to figure out what Caedyn wanted from her in terms of information. She shrugged, it was a question she would get often from teachers and when doing one on one classes, the only time that hadn't been true was when a Sith taught her how to control her Force Scream. There had been a very different style of learning and one that had nearly broke the young Padawan, but the growth she had after that encounter was worth it in her mind, she was more dedicated to being a Jedi instead of feeling forced due to family commitment. Where did her interests lie? "Force powers, I am interested in Force powers and using them in combat. I have some skills in the Force for non-combat areas but I was hoping to learn what I could do as a Jedi in the Force against enemies. Other than push and pull them."

Leaning against a pillar she looked at Caedyn, "so, what you gunna teach me then?" There is a look of boredom on her face, even if she wasn't necessarily feeling that way.

Caedyn Arenais

Caedyn Arenais

C
"Force powers, I am interested in Force powers and using them in combat. I have some skills in the Force for non-combat areas but I was hoping to learn what I could do as a Jedi in the Force against enemies. Other than push and pull them."

"Tutaminis comes to mind" Caedyn replied stoically, Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic 's attitude not exactly proving to impress; "The ability to soften the impact of physical forces, or negate the effects of Force Powers used against you, to instead absorb that energy and channel it through your own means" he elaborated. Force Light was another possibility, however, he wished to see more evidence that Dreidi would be a disciplined user of such a powerful skill, and thus far he wasn't exactly convinced.

"Curato Salva is technically used for healing, however, it can also heighten the stamina and preserve the strain on your muscles during times of extreme duress if you've learned how to utilize the ability. Like all other Force Powers, however, these things take time and aren't exactly something you would come away with from a single lesson" he informed her. No doubt she did not like the sound of spending more time with him than needed, a feeling that Caedyn had gathered through her presence and persona within the Force.

"Teaching these things would be something of an offering though" he reminded her, "I'm in no way obligated to do so. If you'd like to learn from my experience, I'd prefer that you lose the attitude. I'm not entirely sure why, but I can't help but feel you'd rather be somewhere else".

She shrugged. She rolled her eyes. Letting out a strong sigh. "Do realise Asaraa is my big sister, her being happy is what I want and you seem not to be around to make her happy. Which is why I am unimpressed with you, nothing you done to make me feel like you be a good teacher to learn from. Asaraa suggested this, but doesn't mean I was keen on it, I just wanted to see what was so special about you. Not really seeing the appeal. Seems like you are just another Jedi with a stick up your... butt..." Dreidi narrowed her eyes, she picked her last word carefully, she was never punished hardly for swearing but knew her parents did not want her to. The attitude, that was newer and clearly was not going to go away any time soon.

"So, Tutaminis is interesting power, I have read up about it. Not heard of Curato Salva, though I am not the most interested in being a healer style person, I get what you are saying but right now I think I need powers to defend myself with because why CIS aren't in wars or big conflicts, people are fighting across the galaxy and danger is lurking everywhere." Dreidi mentioned, then sighed, "also, I do know about the power Force Light, reading on Mirial event from SJC archives kinda highlighted the dangers of that power. Guessing from your omission of the power, you aren't interested in teaching me." Dreidi might have shown an aggressive but she was now demonstrating her intellect and interest in reading on the Force and galactic history.

Leaning against a pillar, her sharp eyes stare at Caedyn, "Right, so, my attitude isn't going away cause I ain't changing myself just to please you. So you can either accept that I might be a difficult learner and approach this as a challenge to overcome, or you can tell Asaraa that a 13 year old girl bested you in a conversation." A smirk crossed her lips as she clearly assumed that this was a contest and that she was winning.

Caedyn Arenais

Caedyn Arenais

C
"Do realise Asaraa is my big sister, her being happy is what I want and you seem not to be around to make her happy. Which is why I am unimpressed with you, nothing you done to make me feel like you be a good teacher to learn from. Asaraa suggested this, but doesn't mean I was keen on it, I just wanted to see what was so special about you. Not really seeing the appeal. Seems like you are just another Jedi with a stick up your... butt...".

"One would usually think that in wanting a favour from someone else, you would actually try to encourage them towards doing so, not against the desired outcome you're hoping for," Caedyn remarked as he eyed Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic ; "Not that my relationship problems with Asaraa are any of your business" he added bluntly. Jedi or not, Dreidi was treading dangerous ground.

"...-And this is hardly what I'd consider being bested in any regard, more to the point this is an overly opinionated girl sticking her nose into business that doesn't concern her". As if life hadn't been difficult enough with the absence of their relationship, now somehow he had some spoiled brat trying to lecture him on the merits of a healthy working relationship when she herself had probably never had one given her age.

"Next time you ask someone for a favour, try being nice to them, for a start" he waved her off, shaking his head in astonishment. "I don't make a habit of teaching powerful abilities in the Force to those with no discipline or manners" he concluded. How Asaraa Vaashe Asaraa Vaashe had expected this meeting to go down well, was beyond Caedyn. Hopefully, she had no inclination to expect her Padawan to be nearly so rude.

Dreidi stood her ground and glared up at Caedyn, she was going to make sure that this so-called Jedi Knight knew not to mess with her. "I didn't ask to be taught by you, this isn't a favour for me. This is something Asaraa thought could benefit me learning from a different style of Jedi, so far not impressed with your so-called Jedi thinking. Respect is earned not commanded, and you haven't earned mine." Dreidi took a step forward, fire burning in her eyes as she stared up at Caedyn, "I care about my sister, my Master. She might not think it is my place, but I am not going to sit around and say nothing or act like a happy go lucky kid clueless about the chit that is going on. I did that once, I hated it and I have sworn never to do it again."

Dreidi didn't care about hiding her feelings anymore, she did that with her father, hiding the pain and hurt she felt watching the man she admired deeply reduced to nothing, a mess that was lost in long forgotten memories. "So, you might not think it concerns me, Asaraa might not think it concerns me, but it does. She is family and anything that affects her, affects me. Sure if your sister was in a difficult relationship and you had to spend time with the man then you wouldn't be super calm and be getting involved. Because wanting your family to be happy is important, if I can't look out for Asaraa then how can I help strangers?!"

"Then don't teach me. I don't want to learn from some stuck up Jedi douche, I am not spoiled, undisciplined or ill-mannered. I am just speaking my mind and not letting someone I don't respect walk over and think he talk down to me. You don't know me, clearly aren't interested in knowing me or the Jedi I am." Her eyes staring up at Caedyn, "met Sith with better attitudes than you."

Caedyn Arenais

Caedyn Arenais

C
Respect is earned not commanded, and you haven't earned mine.

Were Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic still within the Silver Rest, she'd be getting a lecture on disrespecting her superiors. Students were expected to show a certain degree of manners towards Jedi Knights and Masters, for their experience, their knowledge as well as the fact that a Jedi ought to act with dignity in all situations that it can be maintained.

Caedyn didn't wish to argue with the Padawan however, his reasons didn't need justification. He simply watched the young woman and listened, taking in every word and offering only a stern gaze, keeping his words to himself until he could assume that she had finished mouthing off.

Dreidi's last point was a thought-provoking one, let alone nonsensical, yet he couldn't help but linger upon what she had accused him of. Not wishing to get to know her. Taking a drawn-in breath through his nostrils, he took the time to compose himself so that he wouldn't be speaking with an aggravating tone, giving the females short fuse and tolerance for opposing views.

"Let me ask you a question, a simple one" Caedyn's right hand lifted from across his chest, his index finger extending skyward as he studied the girl; "Would you feel encouraged to take the time to get to know someone, if they approached you with an immediate attitude and started to insult you regarding your own private life for which they could only know one side?".

Snorting, Dreidi shrugged, "I wasn't insulting, I was poking fun at you." She didn't step back, though her eyes soften a little as she realised that her stance wasn't the strongest one but she couldn't back down now. It was do or die on this position and she had to be strong and remain on this strong position. "So, seems Jedi from the SJC can't take a light teasing, something new you learn." Her eyes rolling firmly as she walked over to a bench and sitting onto then looked over to Caedyn, she didn't like the type of Jedi he was, seemed too stiff and the exact type of Jedi that would judge her for learning from Sith, from being friends with Sith. That because she was a Jedi within the CIS that she wasn't a true Jedi, yet he was with Asaraa, who was the same as her.

Not being part of the SJC, she grew to understand issues within the Jedi and how the rest of the galaxy views Jedi as well. They were distant force, one that people didn't trust as much as she thought they would. Especially since all the Jedi are now splintering and heavily arguing at least from the rumours that she had heard. Dreidi looked up at the blue sky and sighed heavily, "yeah, maybe I was harsh with the poking fun but you ain't exactly innocent in this either, you pushed back hard and decided it would be a good idea to argue with a teen." Dreidi smirked, she decided to offer an olive branch, she knew if she didn't at least attempt to then Asaraa would be all over her.

So this was reluctant but she was offering the smallest olive branch, never backing down or apologising but maybe accepting that he interpreted her tease as something harsher than she intended. He wasn't getting her respect yet, he might be her senior, he might be more skilled and experienced than she was but that didn't mean she had to bow down to him. Forcing people to respect you was never the right way and if SJC pushed that then she was glad to be out of there.

Caedyn Arenais

Caedyn Arenais

C
"Yeah, maybe I was harsh with the poking fun but you ain't exactly innocent in this either,
you pushed back hard and decided it would be a good idea to argue with a teen."

While Caedyn could see the angle Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic was trying to play, in his experience having a teenage girl for a Padawan, he had learned that Jedi Padawan of their likeness needed structure and discipline if they were to mature and grow into sensible practitioners of the Force and stewards of virtue.

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl had her own struggles to go through still, yet Dreidi had managed to remind him a little of his Padawan through her bitterness towards him. Ironically, it was how Kyra and Caedyn had first started out. Albeit Kyra insulting the memory of his Father, nor the relationship he had with Asaraa Vaashe Asaraa Vaashe . Students...-The Jedi Knight seemed to have a knack for finding the troubled ones!

As far as the uptight, black and white depiction of the Jedi were concerned, Dreidi was also assuming far more than she knew for Caedyn was trained by the Je'daii as a youngling and still to this day knew abilities of the Force that affiliated with the Dark Side (As far as the Jedi Doctrine believed), things that he had purposely not taught his Padawan nor were they things that he discussed at all. Only once had he ever told Kyra that his training went beyond the light, and it hadn't been spoken of since.

Still, such was the problem when one assumed too much and listened too little.

"My private life and my relationship with Asaraa isn't up for discussion, as far as I'm concerned" Caedyn responded, his voice calm yet also firm as this was a matter of fact. He kept both his professional life as a Jedi and his personal life with Asaraa very separate, often so that one did not influence the other, or risk compromising it.

"If I am here to teach you something, then I am here as a Jedi Knight and you as a Student. Provoking me by judging my personal life will quickly see an end to the lesson" he informed Dreidi, giving her the option to agree or forfeit the learning.

Dreidi very clearly very audibly and very exaggeratedly yawned as Caedyn talked about keeping personal issues and Jedi business separated. She rolled her eyes hard when he talked about ending the class abruptly if she was going to continue to pursue provoking him. Seemed that he was ignoring her olive branch and forcing his strict Jedi stance on her, which Dreidi could not help but find laughable. She was not looking for a strict, no nonsense mentor, if she was then she would look elsewhere. Looking up at the sky, Dreidi sighed deeply, "I ain't promising nothing. I am here to learn but I learn my way, not your way." Dreidi didn't even look at Caedyn, focused on the blue afternoon sky.

Her words were not said in arrogance or purposefully barbed, she was just stating that the way she learned was not this, this display of stern discipline and strictness. Dreidi learned in her own way, one that allowed her to be curious, easy-going and loose with the rules. Dreidi was very much a free spirit, raised by those who taught her to question everything and allowed her freedom, though they were strict when necessary, this was not something she was accepting. "If you don't remove the stick from your butt, then we might as well end this class now. I will drop the Asaraa stuff for now, but you gotta accept that I am not interested in your uber strict Jedi robot act."

Finally turning her face too look at him, there was boredom in her eyes, she was not interested in learning that much from someone so stiff she wondered what Asaraa saw in him. "Here to learn yes, but not looking to be preached at about the proper way to be a Jedi, if I wanted that then I would be back in SJC and leisten from a hundred and one Jedi Masters that act like you." Turning her head back to the sky, thinking about some song lyrics.

Caedyn Arenais

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration, his gaze falling away from Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic as he hoped to keep himself in check and from saying something that would have been clearly driven by the young woman's rude behaviour and the way she was treating him.

"I'm sorry but you're going to need to learn from someone else" Caedyn informed her, truthfully not finding her to be a responsible candidate for him to share his knowledge in the Force with; "You and I do not know each other well but I'm struggling to be convinced that, teaching you anything, wouldn't wind up being abused or someone getting hurt due to your lack of restraint and self-discipline" he explained.

It was important for Dreidi to hear his reasons, to know where she might need to improve if she were to approach another Jedi for training, hopefully avoiding a repeat of the way she had decided to behave towards Caedyn. It was unbelievable really, that he had come to offer time that he could have been spending with Asaraa Vaashe Asaraa Vaashe , instead, willing to teach this young woman something while being verbally spat in the face.

"Perhaps you should instead look to the Knights Obsidian for guidance, as you may find them more willing to offer you, counsel. However, anyone you hope to learn from will wish to be respected if they are to provide you with the secrets and power that can be found in the practice of the Force" he concluded.

Giggling to herself deeply, she leaned back against the back of the bench and didn't even look over to check how annoyed Caedyn was with her. He seemed to be struggling to understand her points but she didn't seem to care too much to correct that. "So, giving up? So soon as well... I had you pegged to last at least one class, maybe attempting to teach something. Seems you lack determination and willpower to teach, surprised you have a Padawan." Rising to her feet, Dreidi shrugged her shoulders and looked around the area, not a lot of people around, it was still early and she figured she could go grab breakfast still before heading back to Asaraa and explaining that Caedyn just gave up on teaching Dreidi.

"You don't know me, don't know my abilities or my dedication as a Jedi. If you really think I would abuse my powers and hurt someone with them, then you have a low opinion of your girlfriend and how she teaches then." Dreidi wasn't going to be attacked by someone who was a total stranger and have Asaraa dragged through the mud with her. "I have control over my powers, I know when to use them and I am pretty damn good with the Force. Just because I ain't bending over backwards to kiss your arse doesn't mean I ain't a good Jedi." Her eyes were flamed with anger with clenched fists, but her emotions were controlled for the most part and her powers controlled as well.

Dreidi shook her head, "I don't know you. I don't show instant respect to those I don't know, I show respect to those who show that they deserve it. You are the one being the problem, some Jedi Knight you are. Instead of listening, respecting my way of learning, you force yourself on me and try and dictate how I act. Then call me undisciplined and unrestraint because I don't follow your rules." She might have been delving deep into punk and woman power literature and some of it went to her head, "seems like maybe you are just being sexist. Maybe you should be the one to look at how you have behaved today, instead of passing the blame onto me, actually try connecting with people and understanding that not everyone is going to learn, behave or act the way you want but that doesn't make them dangerous or wrong." She stomped her foot to exaggerate her point before turning to leave.

Caedyn Arenais

Caedyn Arenais

C
When Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic stomped her foot, an abrupt laugh escaped Caedyn both in surprise and bemusement, followed by a shake of his head. There was nothing left to be said, she had responded about as expected given that he had turned down the opportunity to instruct her, and he resigned himself to silence so that she could walk away and their exchange be brought to a conclusion without further antagonization.

In some ways, Dreidi reminded Caedyn of Kyra in her earlier days, yet it was not his place to try and remedy the young woman's behaviour, or to guide her in the right direction. That was for her Master, in this case, Asaraa Vaashe Asaraa Vaashe whose work was truly cut out for her. Just like Caedyn's had been with his Padawan.

For the remainder of the day it appeared as though he had free time on his hands, having set it aside for the expected meeting and now seeing it concluded much earlier than expected, he would take the opportunity to enjoy Naboo's beautiful architecture, to get a taste of everyday life there before returning to Silver Space.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom