Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Small beginnings.

“Somebody stop that kid!”

The voice called out across the hum of the market place, the beat overlaying smog clearing just enough in the background amidst the small crowd of interested buys; parting as two of Eriadu’s finest came pushing their way through in pursuit of the child. Karrus who’s eyes frantically took them in whilst glancing back over his shoulder, ran straight into one of the nearby fruit and goods stalls, sprawling as the produce came falling out across the permacrete street floor; the boy stumbling over himself and the goods to catch the ground in both hands causing a sting to his palms. “Tch” he let loose a heated pant from between knit teeth, frightened and alone, soon scrambling to regain his composure as the stall owner began a chant of obscenities in the wake of the boys clumsiness, none of which were words a good child shoulder hear. Nothing of what he was experiencing however, was fit for a boy of his like.

Leave me alone!” Karrus shouted back as he sprinted off once more, forcing his way between those that threatened to slow him, his height making it impossible to see too far ahead of himself. His throat was tight, his breathing staggered and shaking out of fear and panic that the security officers might catch him. This wasn’t how things were supposed to be, it wasn’t fair.

Zarack, his brother. Karrus wished that his brother would somehow magically appear and help him get away; since late last night he’d wanted nothing more than for Zarack to tell him this was all just some big game but it’d never come. His brother was gone and they’d locked up Ma’.
Tears were flowing once more, his eyes welted up and streaming down his cheeks as he ran, throwing both arms against a couple of Trandoshan, the two hissing wildly and trying to gnab at him as he pressed hard and split the pair quickly darting off to the right and knowing nothing of where he was going, took off into an alleyway; dark and hidden from the public eye.

It wasn’t fair. He kept thinking those thoughts, childish thoughts but it didn’t make sense. None of it. He couldn’t comprehend the severity of what Zarack had truly done, nor understand why his brother had looked at him with such a resentment. Ma’ had always been a little crazy but Zarack had been strong like pa’ had used to be; before he left them.

Pressing his back against the side of a rather loud commercial air conditioning component for the building on the right side of the alley he’d ducked into, Karrus panted heavily, his arms wrapping around his sides and sliding down against the wall as his legs gave away, he huffed a little as he landed with a dull thud offering a small hurt as if to drive the final bolt home. The boy’s eyes closed tightly, not truly taking in the run down path between the massive buildings, dark and dirty and home to others that society had frowned against. Sobbing, his lips quivered “I just wanna go back home…” He ushered near inaudibly, whispering to himself in some feeble comfort and plea for everything to return to how it used to be just the one night before.

He hadn’t even given thought to the officer’s who’d been in chase. They’d somehow managed not to see him ducking off from the main street but all that was in Karrus’ mind was his inability to walk any further, his mind solely on his newly found loneliness without the maturity to rightly consider the rest of the world around him.

..-It was nearing his first night within the streets of Eriadu.

[member="Alysara Sansiri"]

Sanya Val Lerium

Neutral, Queen of Her people, Neko
[member="Karrus Zorathi"]

Sanya had been collecting supplies for the journey back to the black rose space as food had begun to run dry and expired. Some kind of commotion was happening down the street with law enforcment in tow. Although it wasn't long till she had found out what it was when I kid barged past her followed by a dozen men in uniformed. Her eyes would track him as soon as he'd shout back for them to leave him alone. She knew herself what that was like having to be on the run. Although it was along time ago now and times change fast.

Sanya would wait till they had passed before beginning to follow. For a moment she'd lost the kid making her look around. She'd stay by the edge of the street looking into the masses of people been parted now by the law enforcement. In the glimpse of her sight Sanya saw the kid duck into an alleyway. While she walked towards the direction her body would twist and turn making her way through. It made it difficult with the crowd moving all the time even blocking her every few steps. As she reached the ally way she would look around once more watching if anyone had taken any real knowtice.

She could hear the kid now crying as she delved deeper into the dark ally way. Sanya would follow the sound till she reached the boy on the floor crying. Leaning against the opposite wall and crouching down a small smile would reach her lips. "I know exactly how you feel kid. When I was your age I was in s similar position. As much as I wanted to go home I knew I couldn't. So if you want to talk about it I'm all ears?" Her voice would seem calm and in a tone that made her sound as if she was living the kids pain.

The foreign voice startled him out of his feeling sorry for himself, enough so to cause him to flinch and move off from the air conditioning unit to put his back to the wall of the building itself, facing the woman who'd approached him completely out of his notice. As his eyes shot from side to side, he seemed to be weighing up his options in a look that hid nothing of his sudden anxiety and fear that she was the same as those who'd been trying to chase him and arrest him; something he knew to be a bad thing.
There wasn't a lot of room within the alley, what with the pipes above that gave the taller folk a hard time standing upright in the dark little permacrete hallway he and Sanya now shared, not to mention that heading back to his left would mean running out infront of the E-Sec patrol once again. To his right seemed promising though not liking the look of the uneven ground ahead, he could make out the faded silhouettes of what could have been bodies easily assumed to be sleeping homeless, others such as himself now.

Biting down on his lower lip in a ginger show of doubt, he turned to apprehensively look back to the woman crouching down in-front of him, his eyes taking her in though his face giving away his fear that she was really just trying to trick him into coming back to the institution the officers worked out of; a quick and somewhat panicked shake of his head should have given her enough to know that he wasn't in the engaging mood. "I don't want to talk" he replied quickly with a tone though suggested the discussion was finished right then and there, yet a slighted breath and his fidgeting hands mimicking his doubtful gaze upon the female said more in that he wasn't convinced. Young and in a rather precarious and fragile position, he remained put for the moment to see whether or not she was in fact like the officers. The slightest move that worried him however would likely see him bolt upright and take off once again.

"I'm faster than I look y'know..." He added after a small momentary silence, speaking out with an forceful confidence hoping that he might be able to convince the would-be 'officer' that he wasn't worth the effort; "You'll have to chase me all over the lower levels if you want to take me back, I'm not going back!" his tone took something of a volatile turn and almost came off as threatening as the young boy shuffled further back against the wall, moving to his right in order to slowly distance himself a little more out away from the possible reach of Sanya. "I didn't do nothin'...I didn't hurt anybody, it was my brother, I'm not going anywhere!".

[member="Sanya Val Lerium"] | [member="Alysara Sansiri"]

Running, leaping, not caring what you might spill or knock over in your haste to get away, only hoping that you didn't bowl into someone that might know you over and end your impulsive escape. Yes, she'd seen this many times, done it herself on occasion. She knew the terror, the adrenaline, that rugged determination to let your boots hit the ground for only a short moment as you sprint...somewhere. Anywhere. You didn't hang around here, not unless you wanted to end up spending hard time in a cell.

Yeah, that might have been a more comfortable place to sleep, and she knew more than a few who had gone that way. But it didn't always end that way.

Alysara had seen the boy's flight, had a good idea what had prompted it, if only because she'd seen that sort of thing so many times before. It's a difficult thing, surviving. It had always amazed her that some took it to be such a casual thing. But I guess most people don't always find themselves having to look over their shoulders for those uniformed bullies, she noted quietly to herself, blue eyes continuing to watch as the young one ducked into a nearby alleyway, the speed of it and his diminutive size foiling his pursuers into taking the wrong path, not noticing his sudden unexpected detour. Smart move, she thought, mildly amused at the incident.

He'd not chosen a bad spot: out of the way, not really hospitable to sentient life, just a service alleyway filled with smoke pouring from badly-constructed aircon units, pipes weaving here and there in oddly interlocking patterns that seemed a little unnecessary to whatever their function must have been. It would be difficult for any adult to weave their way through that maze, and that made it a perfect bolt-hole. Nobody was going to be dumb enough to go in there, were they?

Satisfied that the boy had made his way to safety, she turned her attentions to her own concerns. That security had been chasing him suggested to her that they'd stepped up their presence in the district, and that was never a good thing. She'd seen a number of people tense up when they'd noticed the uniforms pounding down the street, blasters at their sides or in their hands. Alys recognised the panic in those stances, the fear of wondering if they were coming for you this time. Your palms would get sweaty, and your mouth oddly dry. Maybe you'd reach for a weapon, knowing you'd have to fight your way out if you didn't want to be hauled off to that dreaded somewhere that you never really wanted to learn about.

They hadn't come for her, though, she knew that. These days, it was easy to fade into the background, to disappear and become anonymous, just another beggar or being down on their luck. Her clothes had seen better days, mended here and there roughly with dark thread where they'd caught on something and torn; the colours long faded and needing more than a few hours in a laundrymat. Her dirty blonde hair had been tied roughly behind her head, shoved out of the way, and she knew if she'd ever looked into a mirror, her face would probably be marked with dirt and dust, testament to having to concern herself more with getting by than with looking pretty. Easily ignored, huh? You don't want to see that I'm here. Good thing when security were on the prowl, but it made life a lot harder at other times.

She was about to step away when something else caught her glance: another being, taller, an adult, moving to follow the lad into the alleyway that he'd ducked into, his hiding place apparently not having gone unnoticed. He's toast, she thought, a slight shiver running down her spine. Only takes one person to flag down security, and he's heading for that scary unknown. That wasn't a fate she wished on anyone, but certainly not a kid that still looked like he needed to be getting tucked into bed by some loving parent at night, if such a mythical creature existed. Nuh-uh. Can't let that happen. There wasn't much that Alys could do, she knew that, but she couldn't exactly stand by.

Walking casually, trying her best to look as though she was entirely invisible, though she knew she wasn't, Alys crept forward, heading to follow the two into the alleyway, her hand darting to the small rough knife that she kept on her belt. Nothing much to speak of, as weapons went: a crude hunk of metal with a bit of leather wrapped around the bottom to grip onto, jagged, not nearly as sharp as she'd have liked, but enough to deter unwanted 'friends', if she kept it hidden until she needed it. Maybe she could get this one before any alarm sounded, and they were all toast.

She moved closer, her breathing quiet and steady, even as a nudge of adrenaline flooded into her system, knowing that simple primal danger might be lurking around the corner, her worn boots padding softly on the permacrete beneath her feet. She could hear voices now, a confident feminine tone turned to insincere sympathy, and the soft, slightly high-pitched reply, issuing from the boy that she'd seen running earlier, now backed into a corner and looking very much vulnerable. He is, though, so that's no surprise.

"He doesn't need conversation, lady," she said bluntly as she stepped out into the alleyway, now making herself apparent to both of them, though the woman would have to turn to be able to visualise her. Maybe he'll be smart and use the distraction to bolt and get the hell outta here, Alys noted. She could offer him that much, at least: if he could foil security, he deserved not to be taken in by this one. "Next she's gonna promise to save you from this, take you away from it all," she noted, directing her words to the boy. "She understands, but she's gone up in the world, and can help you do the same. Might even follow through for a while, until you trust her. That's when you'll find out what she really wants," the girl added, her tone contemptuous, her blue-eyed stare fixed warily on the woman that was now sandwiched between them both.

Wasn't the first time she'd seen this particular sales pitch. And the ones who fall for it aren't heard from again. He'd be a real dummy to fall for that one.

[member="Sanya Val Lerium"] | [member="Karrus Zorathi"]

Sanya Val Lerium

[member="Karrus Zorathi"] Ξ [member="Alysara Sansiri"]

Sanya nodded to the kid with a little giggle. "Well been able to run fast is a good thing, but sometimes it's not enough. An hey if you don't wana talk about it then I'm not going to force you." Shed pull her Hood down letting the silver in her hair shine again the bits of illuminations from the streets. "Besides kid I'm not here to take you anywhere. I know the face yours is showing now. Afraid, alone even trapped; it's a horrible feeling." She could see him look around for ways to possibly escape even though she didn't mean harm it was a good thing to be aware. Though he slipped out with a small bit of information giving Sanya the idea of why the authority's was after him. "I believe you. Where is your brother now? Is he still around?" Maybe if she could assess this kids situation she'd know how to help him in a way that would benefit him.

The air became colder and slowly a light fog touching along the streets. A shuffle of feet came from up the alley way. Sanya took a quick glimpse to see if it was a member of the law instead it was someone who was homeless. Although she could feel something different about this person and best to be wary. Although she started to speak, her words distasteful and rude. "I'm not going to promise anything but I would like to help in any little or big way you want kid. I'm not your enemy I'm just someone who would like to help. yes I worked my way up from the slums and I worked hard. I stole, I lied, I tricked people just to get by. But they where the ones who was better off and rich as for the others that was in my position around the time I'd do my best to tend to their wounds and make their life easier. I never once asked for payment but I did ask them one thing. An act of kindness, it can go a long way. You both have to choose how you want to live your life's." With the force she lifted her V shaped sabers from her belt levitating them. "You both have it. The force I mean. There is so many wonderful things that can be done with such ablilties. I'm no Jedi, not anymore but I'm not a sith either. The family I now have we are all mixes and matches, all different and we want to help each other become the best we can so we can make a difference."

She stood up bringing her sabers to her hands and clipping them on her belt again. Her hands would shift to the crease of her black, red and white hood pulling it over her head again. "Any how I will feel bad if either of you doesn't have something proper to eat and somewhere safe to sleep with the facilities to clean up." Sanya would look to the girl in tattered clothes. "And I might be able to sort some fresh clothes from out my own for you if you would like them? I expect nothing in return knowing that you both are safe is enough for me" She would hold her hand out to the boy with a smile. "My name is Sanya by the way."

[member="Alysara Sansiri"] | [member="Sanya Val Lerium"]

Sanya Val Lerium seemed to be trying to convince him that she knew exactly how he was feeling, perhaps out of kindness though the boy of a simple nine standard years of life growing up in the slums of Eriadu found it difficult to understand and come to terms with. She'd redacted her offer to talk about what it was that had set Karrus off into such a twisted course, her pulling away seemed to encourage him only slightly though enough to settle for a brief moment before she soon brought up the mention of his brother. Guilt coursed through out him as Karrus realized he'd once again given his brothers name away to someone that might chastise him as the authorities had, claim him to be something that Karrus didn't believe he was. "He's not here anymore..." He replied quickly, moving back a couple paces and drawing away from the wall, he put the other end of the service way behind him, looking back to Sanya still so distrustfully yet also offering a slightly apologetic glance as he added, "Sorry but I don't know anything about you...".

Karrus had been about to turn on his heels and run yet the second arrival to the scene caught him off guard and caused him to hesitate, his eyes looking passed Sanya to the girl who didn't seem too much older than himself, give or take some years, his head tilted slightly as he tried to get a good glimpse at her from around the older woman. Alysara didn't know Karrus any more than Sanya did yet she was speaking words that seemed to ring home with what his brother had often told him back home. You can't trust folk around here Karrus, they don't play games little brother, they play for keeps. Sanya might not have shared in Karrus' opinion though the boy seemed able to correlate with what the girl had said about others trying to buy him off with false promises, hell even the authorities here had done the very same thing putting Ma' up in isolation, institutionalized, his only family that hadn't turned their back on him.

Something Sanya spoke of next however seemed to mean something, not in the verbal sense but it gave an awful twist to his stomach and made him feel a little wary of her. She'd pulled a couple of items from her belt, objects like a cylinder coupling he'd seen back at home but these were entirely different from those and what shocked him the most was that they began to lift away from the palm of her hand, floating above her would-be hold in a slow rotation. Karrus' eyes went wide, his mouth opening a little as if to speak though not quite knowing or finding the words to comment, he shook himself back to the present and did his best not to be distracted from the real threat at hand.
Jedi, Sith. Karrus had no idea what these things meant, were they people? A certain kind of people like her? Sanya had made the mistake in thinking that he might recognize them and possibly change his mind but even as she seemed to direct her words to the both of them now, he and Alysara on the other side of her, the mention of the Force did not make any sense to him. This was not such a place where myths and legends of a better life lived in a heroes galaxy fighting evil or vanquishing foes could be anything more than a childs tale for the amusement of the young. Such tales Karrus hadn't been fed, his brother had always tried to tell him to focus on the present and get by as best he could with the hand they'd been dealt.

Sanya once more proved what Alysara had said to be true, she offered clothes and a warm meal that made Karrus' mouth salivate and his stomach rumble loudly. His gaze shifted back to the older woman, his brows pinching a little at the height of his nose, furrowing in a little annoyance as he realized that Alysara had been right on the credits and he now felt Sanya wasn't being completely honest with him. Silence had taken him as Alys had offered up a temporary distraction, it took Karrus a moment to get a handle on the situation and as he quickly shot the girl another glance, he held eye contact with her wishing he could talk to her a little more. She seemed like she know Eriadu well, or rather the lower levels of it anyway.

What he chose to do instead came as a better judgement in his mind. Once again he found himself turning around, his left hand reaching out for the wall to steady himself, propelling himself off into another run for the end of the service route. Desperation returned quickly with a hastened breath, Karrus had to jump across a sleeping figure nearly having not seen them at all but he found himself nearing the other side with encouraging speed, light cascading into the dark permacrete hallway and partially blinding him but he didn't care so much, he was on his way away from the danger that had been following him. Had he been able to anticipate where he was going to come out into, perhaps he would've thought twice.

The corner was sharp, a blind turn and the boy came shooting around it in such a rush that he'd never seen the other man walking his way. His gaze had once again been over his shoulder, his momentum carried forward straight into the body of one of Eriadu's finest. He lost his breath and time seemed to halt as Karrus wheezed in a heavy breath, falling back to the street pavement looking up in horror as the E-Sec officer met his gaze and recognized the boy for the one they'd been trying to chase. "Uh oh..." He mouthed, attempting to scramble to his feet but the officer caught hold of him first, picking him up by the mid-section and calling out for his peers.

[member="Sanya Val Lerium"] | [member="Karrus Zorathi"]

It felt like a stand-off, being positioned this way, two homeless children separated by a person who simply carried themselves with that casual confidence reminiscent of a being who could handle themselves. It's the way she stands, Alys thought, her expression wary, not taken in by that sympathetic tone, the look that carried a touch of compassion and clear interest. That's how it always starts. Lure you in with a kind word and the promise of something better. After all, weren't they desperate? So many were, though there was no evil in that: struggling to survive perhaps left them more alive than any who had it so much easier. But perhaps I'm staring at a greater evil: the type that takes you in, invitingly, then lets their agenda step forward when it's too late to run.

The other kid still hadn't run, standing there transfixed at the stranger. The piping register of his voice agreed with her caution, and she flashed him a faint smile of acknowledgement. Not stupid, this one, even though his new friend is offering him something he might want. Around here, the stupid ones were those who ended up dead, or worse. He was scared - terrified, really. Even with the taller stranger in the way, Alys could see that his pupils were dilated, his breathing just a little fast, his chest rising and falling as adrenaline rushed around the body, his fight-or-flight mechanisms kicking in. But you know you can't just run, right? She knew this alleyway: he was just going to end up running into trouble, if he didn't get past the both of them to find the freedom back the way he came.

The woman spoke again, offering a longer speech, her tone soft and conveying only sympathy and awareness of the boy's plight. But she would know it, wouldn't she? Most of the worst predators on the streets were people who had once lived there themselves - they had turned against their own kind in order to escape that life, and hated those who had failed to do this simply because it reminded them of that. She's one of those, isn't she? Yeah, had to be.

Silence fell momentarily as two metallic objects slipped loose of their bonds and hovered in the air, some weird curved v-shape handles that looked like they'd been stolen off some speeder bike. Nothing that mundane, though, Alys knew, staring. The metal was shiny, well polished, clearly expensive. Selling one of those would keep us in food for a month. It was a selfish, avarice-filled thought, she knew that, but you didn't survive on the streets by overlooking an opportunity. She couldn't say how the woman had managed to get them to levitate like that, but she didn't care, either. I bet the tech that lets her do it would be worth a few credits. Watching as the woman returned them to her belt didn't decrease that feeling that it would be a terrible thing to let that opportunity slip by.

Alys barely felt herself listening to the woman's words. Some talk of 'the Force', whatever the hell that was. And she had it herself? Is it something I can sell? Probably not worth much if it is. That was a disappointing thought, but she hadn't exactly lost anything through it. She glanced past the stranger, again staring at the boy that they'd both followed. Stop acting like an idiot, would you?, she thought. Get out of here while you can!

"You wouldn't want anything in return, huh?", she asked this woman, Sanya, her eyes narrowing as she folded her arms across her chest, her facial features settling into a faintly-sceptical scowl. And why should either of us trust you? It was a fair question, but not one she voiced. "I don't know anything about those things you mentioned, but why would you go to the trouble of helping someone for no reason? Even if you did know what it's like living here, you're out of it, aren't you? Who'd come back?" She shook her head again, clear distrust on her face.

Much to her surprise, the boy took advantage of that momentary distraction to bolt, just as she'd thought he might earlier. He'd made the wrong decision, though, shooting off further down the alleyway rather than back the way they'd all come in. Oh hell, she thought, her mouth opening to shout a warning, but he was gone quicker than she could utter a desist. Damn, he's fast, Alys thought to herself, half admiring his speed, but frustrated that she couldn't now stop him from doing something stupid. It made her feel oddly helpless.

"I guess that's a 'no'," she said sarcastically, her attention once again turning to the woman, both of them left a little flat-footed by the boy's rapid departure. "What did you really want with him?"

Ryn had been doing a little shopping since arriving on world. He carried a second satchel with different foods native to the world, his primary holding a couple extra spare robes. Golden eyes danced side the side behind the slits of the mask, taking in the sites and sounds. He'd already helped a few sick homeless individuals, healing those whom he could find that needed it.

Then he saw someone else who needed his aid. The 'law' in these parts tended to be a little excessive in force, and at this moment he saw one thug held a youth aloft. The boy reeked of fear and uncertainty. Approaching swiftly, he spoke to the men, giving a slight gesture while willing the Force to assist his goal in seeing the child freed,"You are mistaken. My young friend is not the one you seek. Your quarry went down that alley." He motioned further down the street.

Several of the weakest willed enforcers turned promptly and left. Now Ryn hoped the rest of the guards would be as susceptible. Worst case scenario, perhaps a monetary bribe would manage the rest?

Sanya Val Lerium

[member="Ryn'Dhal"] Ξ [member="Alysara Sansiri"] Ξ [member="Karrus Zorathi"]

Sanya listened to the girl with such fire in her heart but anger to follow. Itbwas the life of looking out for your own and never trusting anyone. "I come back because I like to make a diffence. Because I may have moved up in society it doesn't mean I've forgotten where I've came from. People always need help just some don't realize it till the last second where it could be to late. I just want to offer something that neither of you have to worry about returning the favor. Everyone has the right to make a choice. Honestly if you got to know me you'd know that I have a lot more to offer. A chance to learn about the force and a home you can live without fear, all you'd have to do is say the word and I will make it happen." The boy bolted while Sanya kept her eyes on him and watching him leap over the people sleeping in the alley. soon the kid was about to turn the corner but bumping straight into the officer. Fueling her body with the force she ran at lightning speeds, her feet would trek along the wall until she pushed herself off landing between the boy and the officer. Uncliping the sabers once more from her belt she would eye the officer. Although he no longer was phased by the need to arrest the kid and weirdly walked away until the weak signature behind gave it away. "Kid your exhausted and patrols are everywhere. The chances of hiding somewhere where you can sleep will be hard, and you can't evade the fact your hungry." She'd put a saber back on the belt and grabbing the boys wrist to pull him off the ground. Her eyes would divert to looking down the alley watching the girl catch up. "You have potential kid I'm not going to let you waste it. So I will offer you this, until this blows over I will be your body guard. I will make sure you are fed and safe. The girl will have the same protection and privileges. As I said before I don't want anything in return but the chance for me to earn your trust. Is that fair?" She would ask. Sanya only wanted the best for them was that so hard to understand. A offer chance she'd never got herself. Looking at the new arrival with her glowing orange eyes. "Thanks for that." Sanya said gratitude. "So who you aligned to?" She was been careful, with many trains force users it was a possibility of someone from the one sith and if they was a republic official her face must still remain hidden. Luckily it sounded like a general question.

Sibar Laval

S
Sibar stared at the wall infront of him, patrols were uninteresting as always and he needed something to do. As if his prayers were answered one of his men came running in. "SIR! I have been getting reports that there is a force user somewhere in Sector D." Sibar smiled, normally, he would leave this to the Knights of Ren. But he wanted some fun and he could always report it if it got bad. "Get the rest of the squad prepped in Sector B, I want to have a talk with this force user." "Of course."

Karrus tried frantically to find the leverage to lift one of his feet and aim it at something fragile in the officer however the E-Sec patrolman had the boy in to firm a hold to allow him the freedom nor chance to rightly attempt an escape. "Blast it, you nerf herding Slua, I di'n't do nothin' wrong!" Karrus yelled in protest, writhing in the mans grasp desperately looking about for something to grab, anything to aid him in his evasion of custody. Needless to say that the last thing he expected was for the officer to comply and completely turn his perspective on the situation around in the other direction.
His feet hit the permacrete street floor with a light thud, eyes widening in disbelief as the boy slowly and reluctantly turned around to look back up at the law enforcement agent, his expression scrutiny in distrust and skeptical concern. "Why'd you..." He mouthed to speak yet the officers all seemed to dismiss him rather vacantly, some of them a little dizzy looking as they all slowly parted and began to leave Karrus wondering if he'd not just pulled off some sort of trick like it was all his doing. In less than a moments notice, barely able to register what had happened, the other woman who's name he hadn't known, appeared before his very eyes standing mostly with her back to his gaze and acting as if he was her kid or something. The want to protect him, for a second offered something in the way of a small comfort and perhaps even a hint of hope. He looked to the back of Sanya wondering if she'd been the cause for his lucky escape yet she made notion to a third arrival Karrus had missed entirely.

Popping his head out from the left of Sanya, he realized there was a male figure standing before him now also. Though a little more staunch and built in stature, the figures face seemed to be masked and he bore the style of clothes that made Karrus think he some sort of religious monk or scholar or something. "...Who are you people?" He spoke up, somehow finding the courage amongst all the confusion to step away from Sanya, glancing between the two adults uncertainly, his hands coming to his front, fidgeting a little out of nervous habit and only then realizing that Sanya hadn't brought the other girl closer to his age; "And where's that other girl..." He questioned further with a hint of concern. Of the group that he'd been somehow chaotically thrown into the paths of, Alysara had seemed the closest one of them that resembled any sort of sense in what she'd been speaking. If there'd been a choice in trusting any of them, she had so far taken the lead.

Karrus tugged a little at the sleeves of each arm, pulling them through the rather worn and tattered armless jacket that hung comfortably over top. The boy was dirtied from head to toe, his hair dusty from the flight through the service way and his clothes looking very much the part of a run-down and neglected child. He wore some rather loose pants of a tan shade that seemed perhaps just one size to big for him, tightly strapped to his waist with a belt least they stay put. His footwear on the other hand was non-existant, bare footed and throbbing from all the action, he found it difficult to remain on his feet, instead giving into himself and resigning to drop down upon his backside, sitting in the street looking up at the two adults to which he'd put them to either-side now, unsure what to think about either of them. Sanya was right on the credits in claiming him exhausted and hungry, he'd wished she'd never even mentioned food because for the last thirty minutes gone by, it hadn't even crossed his mind but now that his stomach growled even louder than it had earlier, it registered in his mind that he hadn't eaten since the previous evening.
The thought of a bodyguard came as a rather expected show of assurance from the woman, like before she seemed eager to offer him help and like before Karrus couldn't deny that he needed it yet his brother always told him not to go trusting strangers and he still didn't know anything about her or the silly stuff she told him about his potential going wasted. "What do you think I can do exactly..." He questioned a little warily, glancing to the pair of them having come to the conclusion that they were obviously together in some form.

[member="Karrus Zorathi"] | [member="Sanya Val Lerium"] | [member="Alysara Sansiri"] | [member="Sibar Laval"]

"Who am I aligned with?" He asked, his masked face angling quizzically. "I would like to think I am aligned with that which is good in the universe." His voice, thought muffled, came across almost musically, a soft melody for those who heard it. He bowed slightly to the woman and the youth. "Ryn'Dhal, of the Silver Sanctum, at your service. And you are?" He inquired, golden eyes dancing between the two of them as he stood back up.

He felt that pull of the Force, that glow, within the youth. A much stronger sensation from the woman. And there was another, an individual not yet with them. Seeing that the woman was of a similar race to the child, Ryn felt he was no longer needed. He dropped his second satchel down, and rummaged through. "Young one, are you hungry?" He asked, looking in the pack. "I'm unsure what is best on this world, so I bought a little of everything. Care to give me some input? You may take your pick of the food as payment for your assistance, if you would like?"

He recognized the look in the youths eyes. A combination of distrust, and pride. He didn't seem the type to simply accept a handout, as a matter of pride and because there is no telling what was being held in the other hand. But, a trade for service, that always sat better with Ryn when he was first taken from Nar Shaddaa.

[member="Ryn'Dhal"] | [member="Sibar Laval"] | [member="Karrus Zorathi"] | [member="Sanya Val Lerium"]

The woman had taken off in pursuit of her younger counterpart with a speed that was astonishing to watch, a blur of motion so rapid that Alysara could barely comprehend that it had happened. Talk about a sense of urgency. Everything was weird today: first the local security forces chasing down a kid that clearly couldn't have done anything worth chasing him for - even stealing a piece of Kavasa Fruit or a loaf of bread would surely only qualify as a minor misdemeanour - and then this strange woman appearing and offering the sort of salvation that anyone on the streets could only treat with natural suspicion, or perhaps hope. And now...well, the kid was being chased again.

A soft sigh left her lips, and for a moment, she was almost tempted to go her own way, leave them to it. She didn't truly believe in the sincerity of their supposed benefactor: the story was a little too neat. And her talk of this 'force' thingy didn't make any sense at all. That alone left Alys feeling suspicious: it suggested that she wanted something more of both of them than her words alone had conveyed. Maybe there's something she can get out of us that goes beyond a simple 'thank you'. And, being honest, that was about all they could offer at this point in time.

Following the other two, moving at a much slower pace compared to the blur that was their erstwhile potential benefactor, Alys ducked through the alleyway, sidestepping to avoid the sleeping figure that Karrus had sought to dodge earlier, noting to herself that sleep was a truly precious thing that should always be stolen in increments and never ignored - hard enough as it was to find somewhere you could close your eyes without what little you had being stolen right off your back. And that's if you're very lucky...

She skidded to a halt as she reached the end of the alleyway, confronted with a sight that was both revealing and yet shocking all within the same instant. Moment of revelation...could have done without that. It was a simple enough scene: the boy in the hands of local security, obvious by both mannerism and the officious uniform; a masked figure, cloaked and hooded standing close by, taller than any of them, gesturing firmly towards the security forces; and finally, the woman that had declared herself to be 'Sanya', one of those weird metal objects in her hand, her voice firm in commanding security to step away. The shock stemmed from the fact that they were obeying.

If that doesn't confirm every suspicion, she thought quietly to herself. Security might be quick to crack down on those guilty of the little transgressions, but she'd never ever seen them back off when asked to. Which tells me that you're not just some former slumgirl, like the rest of us, she thought, her blue eyes narrowing suspiciously as she glared at Sanya. The law doesn't obey anything except the law. Their new 'friend' was probably law enforcement themselves, though what purpose she was here to serve truly eluded her.

Stepping forward to join the group, she shoved her way past Sanya and the masked being, stepping in beside the young boy, clearly a pawn in a game that neither of them understood the rules of. It wasn't normal for people on the streets to help each other out, as such - the odd moment of charity aside - but the kid was clearly too young to get caught up in things like this, whatever this was. Alys knew she couldn't just back off and leave him to it - chances are, he'd never be seen again, if she did. Then again, maybe I won't, either.

"You two have some pull in this town, if the law just backs off when you say so," she remarked with a slightly cold emphasis to her tone, clearly making it apparent what she thought of that. "How can you have been one of us, if they listen to you?", she asked pointedly, directing her gaze towards Sanya once again, clearly not convinced by her earlier arguments, in light of new evidence. Can't deny what we've seen. "Seems like there are a lot of people going out of their way to be 'helpful' today...", she finished, acerbically. Nothing is as it seems today.

[member="Zak Dymo"] [member="Théodred Heavenshield"]

The landing gear of the small Silver Sanctum shuttle hissed and groaned as it set down onto the duracrete landing pad, The tiny Togruta Piloting the vessel careful not to wake Theo and Zak from their naps. He had no clue why he had come to Eriadu.....All he knew is that for some reason that was yet to be revealed he was supposed to be here...

After checking on his friends, who were still snoring, Ryker grabbed Ijaat and Kot and clipped the twin Lightsabers this hips before lowering the boarding ramp and sauntering off the ship with his normal bright smile stretched across his lips.

Eriadu was nothing like the Academy on Voss, and it sure wasn't like Mandalore where he was raised.....But the boy could see....and smell the appeal of such a place. Tiny bare feet carried him away from the ship he'd arrived on, A click of a button in his pocket closing the boarding ramp as he left, His nose primarily guiding his path as he made his way into the city in search of whatever was making such a glorious aroma..

[member="Alysara Sansiri"] [member="Ryn'Dhal"] [member="Karrus Zorathi"][member="Sibar Laval"][member="Sanya Val Lerium"]

Sibar Laval

S
Sibar looked at the large city known as Eriadu City, this place was known for it's interesting people but a force user other than a Knight of Ren was new. Out of the corner of his eye he noticed one of his men approach "All of the incinerator squad is here Sergeant Laval, we also brought the prototype if things got bad." Good! Get our most trained soldier into the prototype and keep him hidden until we need him. I will meet you where the reports of this force user came from." The soldier nodded and walked of to the rest of the squad. Time to see who was making such a ruckus in Eriadu City, Sibar grabbed his oppressor, and walked down the beaten street.

Sanya Val Lerium

[member="Alysara Sansiri"] Ξ [member="Ryn'Dhal"] Ξ [member="Karrus Zorathi"]

Sanya would look at the boy with a smile. "Well that's the best part about the force, it's infinite. Almost every living thing has the force flow through them it's what makes us, us. What you choose to do with such abilities is your own choices, your own destiny, you are in control. I can teach you in how to use the abilities but you have to ask, and make sure it's what you want because once you start it's a path that opens up many doors but you will have to close many behind. Just don't regret the path you choose remember it happens for a reason." The man that was also present offered the kid some food, but it was no meal that he'd benefit from. Although she would continue to smile. "Sanya. Covenant of the Black Rose."

Again her eyes would divert to the girl as she seemed to demand answers. Able to see the girl more Sanya could see more how her clothes was in need of replacement but first the answers she wanted. "People with insufficient intelligence are easily purswaded by the force. It is one of the many abilities we can harnace. Although personally I use it as a last resort. Twisting someones mind in manipulating them for any reason is wrong no matter who it is." Now Sanya was in the light herself she'd lift the back of her cape to show lots of now faded but visible scares to shoe the girl. "This is my reminder. On day thugs had caught me and tortured me in the streets for all to see. And well m... my mother stepped forwards pleading for them to let me go. They did but at a cost I still struggle to say." Her eyes would tear up a little, even though it wasn't she still felt as it was her fault of what happened.

She didn't want to openly say it to the people around for all to hear as it is past she tries to forget. Instead Sanya would walk to the girl and speak softly and quiet. "When I was six much younger than you I had to watch those thugs kill my mom and it left me broken. Because of that day I've tried my best to try have a good life and be the success my mother wanted me to have. Besides from stealing to get by it was my mom who prided herself in selfless acts. The acts of kindness that put true smiles in peoples faces." A tear would role down her cheek before quickly wiping it away and standing up. "Do you understand why I give and expect nothing back? I want to make a difference and show not everyone is bad with no tricks or hidden intentions. Ask me openly and I will say the truth."

[member="Sanya Val Lerium"] | [member="Ryker Tal'verda"] | [member="Sibar Laval"] | [member="Alysara Sansiri"] | [member="Ryn'Dhal"]

"I would like to think I am aligned with that which is good in the universe".

Karrus stared up at Ryn'Dhal, eyes blinking as if to wake himself up a little, the sight of food registering in his head though it didn't look quite like the food he was used to, perhaps it was from one of the more expensive places to shop; the kind that didn't allow the likes his younglings such as he and his lower 'economic class' of persons. Slowly, Karrus shuffled upon his backside, crossing his legs and placing his weight down against them as he etched closer to look at the food he was being offered. There was of course a catch to the masked mans offer though it didn't seem so daunting, there were no strings attached, just a couple questions for a bite to eat and that really didn't seem so problematic when his stomach felt as if it had grown teeth and started eating itself. "My name is Karrus..." He muttered a little apprehensively though soon spoke up a little more clearly, "Those *ociffer* guys..." he pronounced them sheepishly and stumbled upon a foul tongue unable to think of anything but the food at this point, "They think my brother did something wrong but Ma'...-She's sick and I...-I don't have anywhere to go anymore...". The open revelation of his situation being told to another soon gave him cause to fall back a little, sitting back flat upon the ground as his gaze pulled away from Ryn'Dhal and the others, turning instead for the ground, "I just don't wanna be in a place for silly people like Ma' is. I want my brother but he don' like me anymore...-I don't know where he is".

Hesitantly, his gaze turned up to find Alysara standing beside him and acting all bossy to the lady and now to the man as well like she had for him before when he was in the service alley. For the first time he showed a little bit of a smile, looking up at her and thinking she actually seemed to care about what was happening to him. She didn't sound like she liked a lot of people and Karrus wondered if she had any friends that might want to be around someone with her attitude but he couldn't help but like her in the moment as she was standing up for him when he'd never had anyone but Zarack do the same for him. His hand reached out a little and he tugged the bottom of her leggings in attempt to get her attention a little. The woman however, Sanya seemed to have much more to tell them about this thing called the Force, it was all really difficult to take it and Karrus wasn't sure he could believe much of it. "If the Force is really so big, why are there people like us...-what do you mean about paths to take, I don't get it...".

His gaze found Ryn'Dhal once again and he thought about the way the man had spoke about being the good in the universe. Honestly they both seemed a little funny in the head and it was all a lot for Karrus to be taking in, he felt exhausted and his mind could hardly keep up with the things they were saying and what the grownups seemingly felt they knew about this thing called the Force, about himself and Alysara. "What's a Silver Sanctum?" He questioned somewhat abruptly before tilting his head and asking further "And why do you wear a mask if you're a good guy? Only the bad guys in my stories wear masks...".

Sibar Laval

S
Sibar looked out at the long road ahead of him Sector D was rather long pathway but it was nessacary, he looked at the flat ground. What force user was it? Jedi? Sith? Either way it would be interesting to see a force user other than a Knight of Ren. He touched the oppresor on his back, what was the incinerator motto again? Oh right, Burn the rebels, burn the Jedi, burn the opposition. He then heard a faint voice, slowly getting louder, he was close.

[member="Karrus Zorathi"] | [member="Ryker Tal'verda"] | Alysara Sansiri | Sibar Laval

Ryn'Dhal could only offer a soft laugh. "The path to knowledge of the Force, is one of sacrifice. For some the sacrifice is greater than for others. For myself? A life of slavery was not much to give up." That musical laugh danced forth again. His eyes shifted to [member="Sanya Val Lerium"], his mask angled in a odd fashion, exhibiting his confusion. "I am unfamiliar. But, I feel that in some situations, such as ones when the safety of a child is paramount, that digression proves to be the better part of valor. Dissuading a physical altercation on that magnitude seemed the wisest decision."

He looked to the young girl, then to the boy again. "My mask, I wear, believe it or not because I am shy. I am different from most other sentient beings I have met. Outside of the slave trade on Nar Shaddaa, I've never seen one of my kind." He had an almost pained, sorrowful tone in his melodic voice. A gloved hand lifted to his mask, as he removed it and his hood. Those large, feline ears sprung free, and began pivoting about, zeroing in on various sources of sound, as those large, almost glinting, golden eyes danced between the children. The couldn't tell, due to the infrequency of most peoples encounters with his race, that he was not much older than the girl. But that was also largely due in part to the pain and sacrifice carried in those eyes.

"You see why I wear my mask?" He asked, head angling slightly as his eyes returned to the boy. His ears tracked some bystanders muttering about why a Fel would be out on Eriadu. "I don't yet know what the general opinion of my kind is out in the universe. All I know, is to do the best I can." He said this, as he took a small, reddish fruit from his satchel. Sniffing it as he stood up, he looked between the children, and then Sanya. "We can both offer aid. Both of our orders can offer you homes, if you have none. But we cannot," and he looked to Sanya, hoping his next statement was true for her as well, "and WILL NOT dare to force or coerce either of you from seeking help you do not desire."

His eyes then fell to the boys feet, as he gnawed slightly on his lower lip. "Great... I say all that, and now I want to offer to treat your feet.... You may feel free to decline if you so desire. You do not know me, and I do not blame you if you distrust me still."

[member="Ryn'Dhal"] | [member="Sibar Laval"] | [member="Karrus Zorathi"] | [member="Sanya Val Lerium"] | [member="Ryker Tal'verda"]

The appearance of all these people...frankly, it was enough to make even the most sensible being feel a little on edge, and Alys couldn't claim to be that much. On the streets, this many people congregating in one place usually meant a gang, and gangs were dangerous in the extreme. She knew that wasn't what this was, these people of clearly divurgent allegiances, diverse both in race and nature, but that didn't alleviate the feeling that the two of them were being fought over.

Like pieces of choice meat in the market.

She could run, maybe grab the boy's hand and pull him along with her, but she didn't imagine that either of them would get very far. And, even if they let us go, what would we have to gain from it? A little peace and quiet maybe, as much as anyone could get when stuck on the streets, not knowing where the next meal was coming from, or where you'd sleep that night. And both of those questions still need answering, she reminded herself. Especially since she just knew that she wasn't going to leave the kid to fend for himself - not with the Jykkle Vultures circling.

She listened in silence to Sanya's story, her blue eyes still containing that ever-present hint of scepticism that was her permanent defense mechanism. Alys didn't feel like she was in danger (and she was rarely wrong about these things, for reasons she could never figure out), but that didn't mean that she could trust this woman, or any of the others, for that matter. The story pulled at her a little, and she felt sympathy for the first time in their conversation - she'd heard similar stories from others, and had probably only avoided that fate herself by making a point of avoiding...well, everyone, near enough. They can't hurt you if they can't catch you, or if you have nobody they can hurt instead of you. Sanya had, perhaps, not been as lucky as her in that respect. Still caught a break somewhere though, didn't you?, she thought, eyeing the woman with a slight touch of interest.

The masked figure then took the opportunity to divest itself - himself? - of the concealing cover on it's/his face, and revealed a head that was unlike anything she could ever have claimed to have seen before. Glistening golden eyes peered out at them, pools of molten metal set against the backdrop of fur that was blacker than soot, whiskers adorning a generous mouth that was overshadowed by a prominent nose. It was very different to what she had expected, and she couldn't help but think that he looked...cute. The thought prompted an involuntary giggle that was more than a little at odds with the seriousness of the whole situation.

"You look kind of adorable," she said, admiring the way that the creature's eyes shone so prominently when compared to the almost dull darkness of the fur that covered it's face. "I guess you'd distract a lot of people without the mask," Alys added, nodding sagely, before turning her icy gaze back to Sanya. "As for you, I guess I can see why you'd want to help."

The girl paused for a moment, moving to stand behind Karrus, and placed her hands on his shoulders, keeping the two of them closer together, so he couldn't run again unless he broke her light grip, but neither would any of the others be able to approach without going through her. He was smaller even than she was, very obviously younger, and that he wasn't more scared of them...well, it was surprising, but she figured he was putting up a brave face, and she wanted him to know that she knew it. We probably all do, but he doesn't need to know that!, she reminded herself.

"I'm not gonna let anything happen to him," she said in a matter-of-factly way. Alysara knew well enough what it was to be new to the streets, knowing that the initial adrenaline rush that came with that heady sense of freedom soon vanished into the deeper oblivion of knowing that you alone were responsible for your own survival. He's lucky to be so new to this, so he hasn't had time to be fully tainted by the way our lives are. If she could help him avoid that unpleasant reality, even for a moment, she would. "If you mean to help, you need to understand that," the girl observed calmly, trying to appear completely confident even in the face of potentially dangerous strangers. "I'm Alysara, by the way," she said, finally introducing herself.

After all, we who might be about to die should at least offer up a name or two, if only in the hope that it will linger beyond a final breath...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom