Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slumdog Trillionaire.

Other Space Kaiden

Better than other-other space Kaiden
@[member="Jhéne Ailo"]

Ronin didn't show any emotion, but a warm smile lit his face through the girl's whole rant. When she had finished, Ronin just shook his head kindly. He couldn't blame the girl for being dumbfounded, she probably hadn't spoken to Hartkin in a very long time and it was suspicious for someone to just come out of the blue to seek her out for the woman "Not at all, her reputation has never been better. However, in her old age, Miss Hartkin finds that it would be best to see to her regrets. Do not misinterpret my words, she does not regret you...but she regrets that she did not care for you better. She simply wants me to make sure you are alright and, if you would oblige, come with me so that I may help resolve any problems you may be having."

Dirk Ellerden

D
Dirk returned from the private booth, slight distaste visible on his face. It was not quite a waste of time, but it could have been better spent. He caught glimpses of the conversation from @[member="Ronin Fel"] as he walked past. So he hadn't gotten himself shot yet. How fortunate. Perhaps this time here could be salvaged in ways other than setting a tail on the old woman to try and find more information on her operations. But this was interesting. He'd stay and observe it for a bit. See what the stranger was up to.

Jhéne Ailo

J
Jhéne afforded a dubious glance to @[member="Davik Tren"], as if to uncover whether the two of them were cohorts or not. Two men in one night, suggesting that she had problems? Usually, Jhéne maintained her cool and wasn't so obviously high. She must have slipped up somewhere along the lines tonight, and had done so enough to warrant unwanted attention.

Her dark eyes narrowed at @[member="Ronin Fel"]'s implications. Who was he to be offering help? She had a job, working as a mechanic in the Nar Shaddaa shipyards, it wasn't great but it was a source of creds. She wasn't starving either, nor was she interested in smothering her addictive habits. Nor was she a curious person.

"Thanks, but no thanks Ronin." Jhéne held up her hand. "As much as I 'ppreciate what the woman did for me, she gave up custody and ties when she handed me over. My debts have been paid." She shrugged, and took a sip of her drink. She didn't like how open her past was, especially to this new stranger. "If she wants to see me, you can send her a holo."

The dark haired girl looked beyond the grey-haired nobleman for the first time, and a lingering observer caught her eye.
"It looks like you might have another friend here, anyway." She suggested, pointing with her ale in the direction of @[Member="Dirk Ellerden"].

Other Space Kaiden

Better than other-other space Kaiden
@[member="Jhéne Ailo"] @Dirk Ellerden

Ronin looked back and saw the same man from before and frowned, then turned back to the young woman "I will not force you to go, but I can't leave you with nothing." Reaching into his pocket, Ronin retrieved a datapad and a small pouch of credits worth in the ballpark of forty-thousand. With the Fel family's wealth, that was nothing and wouldn't hurt Ronin's efforts to create an Empire much. "The Datapad contains the information you will need to contact me, if you change your mind. Please, consider it well." With a polite bow, Ronin turned to Dirk and walked away from the young woman casually.

When he was but a few feet away from the man, he spoke "you seem to wish to want to make my acquaintance...can I help you?"

Dirk Ellerden

D
Dirk frowned, considering, but then shook his head in answer to @[member="Ronin Fel"]'s question. He didn't seem likely to get himself killed now, except perhaps as a robbery victim. So be it. He had a rendezvous to make. "Not really. I was mostly concerned for your safety." Revealing much of his background further would be dangerous. Things had already gotten tense enough. Perhaps it was time to depart in one piece. "Since you seem unlikely to get yourself killed now, I'll depart." He gave a half salute, stood, and strode out.

Finis

(Hasty, I know, but for the most part I'm on a LOA)

Jhéne Ailo

J
Greedily enough, Jhéne's sense of injustice had gone ignored long enough. And since the elder man had turned away, she kept his monetary investment in herself. To consider his proposition for a later date of course.
For now, though, she'd had enough company for one night.

"Drinks are on you, friend." Jhéne commented to the spacer who had been remarkably silent across from her, and slid from her position in the booth. Then, she picked and wove her way through the illusions that had been cast by her addition until the cold bite of outdoor air brought some more senses about her.

@[member="Davik Tren"] | @[member="Ronin Fel"]

Don't feel a need to reply, I just wanted to wrap this up! Might explore more with this lady later. Thanks for writing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom