Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slicer Hideout

I've mentioned it before on Discord, but I've been wanting to create a new slicer base for other slicers across the galaxy. Pirates have Port Nardir, and a base in the Stygian Caledra; I also want to make something similar, but with a cyberpunk feel to it.

Any takers?

Also, a brief synopsis on Ciava's history.
  • Born on the Chiss world of Cioral
  • She grew up to be a talented slicer working for the Chiss Cybercommand
  • When the One Sith invaded Chiss space, she went rogue, deciding to fight off he rule. During one incident, she was killed, so people in the galaxy consider her dead. Her hatred of the Sith however grew, and she still despises them to this day.
  • Ciava however survived, and changed her name, and everything, choosing to become a mercenary, then an outlaw.
  • Spent a brief amount of time with the Red Devils, becoming one of the Nar Shadaa Originals. Unfortunately, the Crimson Cartel is no longer active so she's now looking for work.

Arken Lussk

Thrills, Chills, and Kills
[member="Mala Ciava"]

If anything, couldn't it just be a site on the HoloNet?

IRL, hacker and cyber crime groups often operate remotely whereas state-funded cyber warfare groups have bases of operations. If you're going for a "crime" vibe to the whole deal, make a Holosite or something snazzy like that.

Transcending archaic means of communication and infrastructure is everything the fifth domain is, my guy.

Arken Lussk said:
[member="Mala Ciava"]

If anything, couldn't it just be a site on the HoloNet?

IRL, hacker and cyber crime groups often operate remotely whereas state-funded cyber warfare groups have bases of operations. If you're going for a "crime" vibe to the whole deal, make a Holosite or something snazzy like that.

Transcending archaic means of communication and infrastructure is everything the fifth domain is, my guy.
You make very good points. I once PMed someone saying that I was thinking of a website,(and a slicer hangout at the same time) but a website on the Holonet(or whatever the SW equivalent is to the Dark Net) wouldn't make sense, as sites often go down for other reasons, whether reasons, or can be compromised (CSS attacks for instance)

In regards to hacker and crime groups, you are right, although iirc, in certain instances(like for instance, my home country of Kenya), the police busted up cyber criminals who were breaking the law all in one place. Furthermore, I can't remember what it was called, but aren't there certain places in Germany where hackers meet(I'm not talking about something akin to Defcon).

Arken Lussk

Thrills, Chills, and Kills
Mala Ciava said:
but a website on the Holonet(or whatever the SW equivalent is to the Dark Net) wouldn't make sense, as sites often go down for other reasons, whether reasons, or can be compromised (CSS attacks for instance)

Physical infrastructure can also be compromised, often more so than virtual seeing as virtual infrastructure can be backed up and supported through things like server clustering. High availability, confidentiality, and integrity are the three integral parts of information security, my guy.

And I'm sure the "hacker meetups" are called Hackathons, but those are typically for those on the white-hat side of the spectrum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom