Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slice of Life

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Samantha Jade"]

A smuggler and well employee was always a good thing to have. Same as corsairs on the payroll who knew how to fly under the radar of other groups in the galaxy. Could get jedi on and off world as Matsu was looking over a lot of the things and bringing her attention around to some of it. "So are you ready to begin? We are seeing about any artifacts or safehouses that might have been left over from when the Republic took the world. THe station they made was destroyed and we can check that debris." Assuming the sith hadn't stripped it but or the primes whatever sith of a different coat at the best of times same as the ones on worlds like Kesh. She needed to make time to get out there as well while she was working on most of the things within the company. THe people out there might benefit from some food service.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

And so it was with bit of help from few new associates of her that she somehow track down a new lead. That for what is worth were willing to pay a decent amount for bit of scouting trip. Abet they didn't specify at first as to where only that for what its worth it was going be and adventure say the least. At any rate feeling up to the challenge Sam accepted the gig and after aquire the coordinates for the meet with his current client. She then set off and soon found herself in Dromuund Kass at a undisclosed location.....where once she was sure place was secured. Then she herself was and had pass a few security herself Sam then approach to the meet.

[member="Samantha Jade"]

Matsu was sitting there while she looked over some of the things there in the meeting and rolled her shoulder. They had been working on a lot of things to upgrade their gear and then she was looking at the ship. All the gear she had worked on well they built up some nice additions before she stood up. Clasping her hands behind her back when she felt the one approaching, the smallest amount of protection coming before she offered a smile to the one arriving as the small jedi master spoke finally in the nice robes over the bodysuit and newly upgraded boots they had. "Welcome to Dromuund Kaas, hope everything has been alright."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

It was then seem after passing the last checkpoint and being herald into side room. That Sam then came face to face with the one whom she seem came for see. And by then with initial reserved look on her face before she approach her. That Sam could somehow guess this was not one the mill underground group she'd dealt with before. But for the most part a seem more organize one but for whatever reason she rather not want know. For as far life had told her and with voice of old Cpt. Jade ring in the back her mind spoke.

She no less stood her ground opting to come dress in her normal street cloth , wait her to speak .

"Welcome to Dromuund Kaas, hope everything has been alright."

To which she then in turn with a nod came reply back.

"Yeah it was....seem a pretty tight outfight you got here but anyway. Came cause was told thru the channels over at Trade that you were in market for some scouts? So came in to pick up the work if its still open?"

[member="Samantha Jade"]

"And you would be correct, Sasori recently bought several companies and incorporated them into or family so with expansion comes need for things to be done and hiring people is important. We usually get them when they hear about the benefits package that includes vacation at high end resorts and insurance for medical bills." Offering a larger smile there was also the repairing ships and gear plus new gear at a nice prices... which given Sasori generally accepted what the person could pay over stock prices it gave them some advantages. No one getting their credits turned away meant no losing business. "I am Matsu Ike."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

"And you would be correct, Sasori recently bought several companies and incorporated them into or family so with expansion comes need for things to be done and hiring people is important. We usually get them when they hear about the benefits package that includes vacation at high end resorts and insurance for medical bills."

It was then right off the bat she then hears about her talking about the benefits. Which Sam had privately had agree was a pretty sweet deal thought on flip side was seem mighty suspicious to her at best. For although she sort was in a sense a small fish in little pond slowly work her way up toward the bigger lake. She was in no way or means unaware of the danger at large out in greater space. Having no less had her run in with Zann and his cohorts. Whom for the most part was reason for her being here as with her debt to him looming in the distance slowly close in. She knew Sam had hit big creds soon and start pay him off at best she could to hopefully get him off his tails. At which time once she seem take moment to appear think it over and not look too eager jump in. She then replied in neutral manner.

"I see well have say benefits seem quite generous thought for most part i try keep it simple. I go where work is and i get job done ...at any rate name Sam Jade and you are?"

She ask in a seem neutral tone so as not to elicit any unwanted negative misunderstanding at same time. Keep things strictly business at best..

"I am Matsu Ike."

To which she in turn with nod replied.

"Very well Matsu Ike i guess best just get down to the point i recon. So what the job you need done and how soon do you need it taken care of ?"

[member="Samantha Jade"]

"Well we have credits and other things." The smile was on her face and Sam Jade wasn't so bad while the jedi master moved remaining outside that personal bubble but close enough she could still be heard politely. A lot of her things were going to trying to see what the woman would like to have because she had learned everyone wanted something. "The job is simple enough, you are just going to smuggle me and a small team onto a world in the outer rim. We'll be able to get the major details easily enough but getting out there we want to have some fun." That they were coming from here to one of the future resorts worlds... well she was all for that.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

"Well we have credits and other things."

Matsu then said with smile on her face which as much she did well try hide it. Was something that indeed peak her interest for if anything said about it. She was if anything one with simple need and desire of which perhaps having grown up with so little. The idea of going on fancy holidays and seem everyday normal things did little to interest her. At any rate turn her head face Matsu she then turn replied.

" Hmmm, i see well credit that i could go for....seeing that i don't fancy myself care much about fancy resort or the likes. At any rate i guess with compensation part seem take care of.....what is it that this job will entail?"

At that time seem standing at a distance from her yet close enough that she could hear her clearly Matsu then spoke.

"The job is simple enough, you are just going to smuggle me and a small team onto a world in the outer rim. We'll be able to get the major details easily enough but getting out there we want to have some fun."

At which time it seem appear to think things over for a moment Sam then spoke.

" Hmm, ok seem clear enough....not that i got no problem smuggling back into the outter rim. Thought probably gonna cost you. And in regards to detail if you won't mind me asking how big or small of a crew are we talk here?"

[member="Samantha Jade"]

Matsu looked at her thinking about how much there was. "Me, four researchers and twelve probe droids." The probe droids were small and stackable in crates easily. The real trick was getting everything they needed while she was going over some of the things. THey had plenty to do and that could be getting done as she offered another smile. "Price on the other hand is not a problem, we make a lot of credits and revenue for things. Just say what you need or want and we'll get you it." The jedi master motioned with her hands for the researchers and ones with her as they brought in the crates of the probe droids and equipment. Ones to deploy in space in the water and just normally fluttering around.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

It was then as Sam waited on Matsu reply that in the back her mind she sort tried listen as intently she could. And silently work out in her mind how best to accommodate what the cargo would be for this job.

"Me, four researchers and twelve probe droids."

At which time hear her out she then took moment think things thru as soon she saw one them bring out what she assume be the droid crates in question. To which with a nod she in turn replied back.

" Hmm i see....well in that case guess accommodation for all that and the cargo would be manageable. Seeing the droid should fit nicely in the cargo hold and as for your crew along with yourself. I do have 3 extra quarters to accommodate them during the trip. So i guess you got yourself a ship then Matsu Ike. Now all that left if the price...."

It was then with a smile Matsu then replied.

"Price on the other hand is not a problem, we make a lot of credits and revenue for things. Just say what you need or want and we'll get you it."

At which time with a nod and take moment think things over she came out speak.

" Well for one i'll be asking fifteen thousand credits....and maybe if you happen have parts for either a VCX-100 freighter or a BB unit to offer then i'll consider it payment for this little trip of ours."

Her words bit subtle and at best try hide her eagerness in get this all done. For what its worth....she really needed the credits to pay off and get out of owing Vincent Zann. Seeing as if anything else aside from hate the idea of owe anyone it was sort also the fact. For one reason or another he sort gave her the creeps ....and would have definitely wanted get out having deal with him as best she could.

[member="Samantha Jade"]

Well parts was an interesting thing and Matsu looked at her as she gave a nod. "It is fine. We have ways to get you the parts." With the upgrades they had made to the converters well it could make plenty of things. Making the parts would be easy and. "We have a piece of equipment designed for ships and facilities that will be able to manufacture the parts you need with little effort. Just need to input them into the computer." Yes the backbone of what they had made for cutting down and saving credits on production of equipment. The jedi master was glad to see what they could do while she spoke. "As for beds well don't worry we are used to sharing."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

At which time Sam waited patiently and silently waited see if by chance what Matsu reaction to her proposal was. For if anything else she was so looking forward into score the cred to pay off and get Zann off her back for once. At the same time with age seem creep up on both her ship and her trusty companion Chipper. She was no less in need of secure those part especially for Chipper who for for most of her life ever since her father died. Had been her only sole companion and friend....the one seem bit of reminder and possession left of her dad.

At any rate with a seem nod came Matsu reply which for most part seem favorable.

"It is fine. We have ways to get you the parts."

To which she then in turn unable hold back a sly smirk that came across her face. Knowing the fact for once things seem be looking up for her and not only was she possibly going be able raise the funds to pay off Zann.

"Great then guess you got yourself a ship...though have ask thought the credits seem as you said is no problem. How soon do you recon do i have wait till can get the parts?"

At which time she then hears her reply.

"We have a piece of equipment designed for ships and facilities that will be able to manufacture the parts you need with little effort. Just need to input them into the computer."

To which if anything else sound good to her and with a nod.

"Great guess in that case seem all settled and i hope you along with your crew would be ok with the accommodation then?"

In which time she then silently waited on her reply being that as best she could gather. Her ship was if anything bit compact but in all accounts had been modified enough by his father before his passing to do their job well.

"As for beds well don't worry we are used to sharing."

With that settled she then pull out a small durasteel sheet from her pocket and hands it over to her.

"Very well here the model number for the parts am looking for as well the account to transfer the payment in.....Best that i go then and ready the ship for the trip. Meet me at hangar 94....."

[member="Samantha Jade"]

Great. Matsu smiled offering a look while a console was being brought into the room and worked on. "You'll need a place to install it on your ship but I will assure you no one else has technology like this and we have been able to get it for those who need it." She was looking at the Joshū reactor while going over some of the things in her details with the datapad. Namely looking up the model of the ship and bringing in a small reactor they could use to power it for now. "Everything looks like it shall be in order and we don't want to waste time in all of this. Anything else you might want to get or request we will be more then able to work on. Sasori's interest on Dromuund Kaas has given a whole slew of things."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Just then as she hand the note to Matsu that her com beeps. Pick it up and activate it she soon hears nothing less that string of bleeps. Of which bring sly smirk on her face as she slightly shakes her head in bemusement of the message. One which perhaps only those verse in binary could understand......as it was message come from Chipper. At any rate press few button she then close her com to then turn her attention back to Matsu seeing smile on her face as she spoke.

"You'll need a place to install it on your ship but I will assure you no one else has technology like this and we have been able to get it for those who need it."

To which with bit of an amazement in regards her remark Sam nod to then replied. A slight look of keen interest in her face at Matsu as she spoke. And she looked keenly at her.

" I guess though hopefully the hangar we're in would do just fine. At any rate my co-pilot just assure me ship all about prepped. So we can either move this along there or is there any particular place you suggest we move the pick up meet to? Either way if you recon everything is in order soon?"

At which time Matsu then replied.

"Everything looks like it shall be in order and we don't want to waste time in all of this. Anything else you might want to get or request we will be more then able to work on. Sasori's interest on Dromuund Kaas has given a whole slew of things."

To which with nod she then then replied .

" I see well then best we get cracking and moving then as if anything if i think of something else am sure let you know. But for now whatever have on the list should do nicely.....at any rate..."

She then motion for them move away as far she was concern. She really didn't care much of anything else than make sure the cred was in and the sooner they get going. And she get back to meet with Zann the better. If only to get him off her back once and for all.....

[member="Samantha Jade"]

Matsu smiled with her while making some moves for everything to get on the ship. "Then lets be off, this fantastic voyage." Matsu was moving up into the ship while most of her interest went to the walls and floors. EMploying this woman was fun but now that business was done there was the whole thing of natural curiosity a jedi needed to explore the galaxy and go through tome after tome in the library. She was wanting to know more about her and the ship she was on. THere were so many questions before she was placing her hands together in front of herself and smiling. "It is a lovely ship, you have have quite a history here?"

[member="Matsu Ike"]

It didn't take long for her ship get retrofitted with some the essential gear she'd asked for. And being pressed for time she opted leave the nonessential ones for later when they got back from this little escapade. At any rate with all that done and the credit safely made sure been deposited to the off planet account she kept . Sam then as she lead her new employer Matsu into the ship that she couldn't help over hear her say.

"Then lets be off, this fantastic voyage."

To which she then with a nod got in herself and being met by chipper by the main cargo hold entrance. Where the two with bit help of Matsu companions loaded then secured the droid in main cargo area. Before proceeding to lock the door behind them and she then lead the team in. Some whom opted to hang out by the mess hall and the other to the side quarters prepared for them. At which time keeping silent for most the time earlier as in back her mind. Thought its just been seem season ago since Capt. Jade had died that it still felt only seem like yesterday. At any rate as her mind slowly wander back to reality and she began slowly check up on things in the main hold. Just as Chipper head off to take his place onto the co pilot chair....going thru the last min preparation before take off. That Matsu then came out speak.

"It is a lovely ship, you have have quite a history here?"

To which with silent sigh of sadness as she lay one hand onto the ship hull Sam then replied.

" Why thanks.....been struggle but I've tried my best keep her in best work order as i could. Seeing well.....your quite right in saying. There been quite bit history for me personally with this ship.....see it was the late Capt. Jade ship....my fathers."

[member="Samantha Jade"]

Matsu looked at the converter being hooked up and fitted in so it could work while she brought upn the ship and it started fabricating the parts to fix it. The work they were building up for some of the things kept the jedi master interested in the tale. The ship was her fathers which meant it was more personal then some ships she had seen where you just bought and used it for years coming to like it. She offered a smile speaking. "Tea hot." The converter made her tea as she turned to look at the woman now ready to shove off sipping it. "Oh delivious and that sounds more impressive then most who just buy the ships. Your father he was important to you." WHich made the ship important and best way to make sure it kept flying was with whatever she could do.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

It was then after hear few beeps from Chipper she then turn her attention to one the side panels. Opening it up and looking thru it. As on the side he no less kept a weary eye on things in silence. As he made sure leave Matsu companion be for now. Thought on sideline make sure it didn't compromise the ship...her ship as best she could.

At any rate one the panel check out and he hears a seem more upbeat chirp from chipper. That she set off put back the panel just as from the side Matsu came reply.

"Oh delivious and that sounds more impressive then most who just buy the ships. Your father he was important to you."

At which time not one who much like talking personal stuff with stranger at the same time not want be rude she then replied back.

"That he was....taught me much what i know at any rate thought we didn't have much. This ship been all i have left of him...at any rate chipper tells me. We just got our clearance and be best if you all strap in soon. And i'll be head off to the main cockpit to get us on our way...."

[member="Samantha Jade"]

Matsu gave a nod while going to sit down and strap in while straightening her robes and setting the equipment pack to the side. She had more then enough things to work on and pulling out a datapad began working on the designs for mass producing some of the weapons and gear they had gotten buying Chai La. She wanted to get what she could while speaking. "Set coordinates for Seltos and she should easily be there in time. Get to work on some of the nice things." It helped this ship as a beauty and with the converter they could repair or upgrade systems a lot faster manufacturing parts... So all that was left was go and get in while finding some way to if this woman was skilled make her more a permanent addition for work. The medical ships going in and out of dangerous zones could benefit from her knowledge.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

It was then no sooner had everyone seem been strap in that Sam with Matsu set off towards the cockpit. Take their respective seat and with Chipper all set ready turn his dome head at her. And in his faint binary tone asked where they be head off and who the broad sitting behind him was. At any rate with a faint chuckle at his latter remark just shook her head at him . Before turn towards Matsu ask her in a seem cheerful note.

"So where we head to?"

At which time with a nod as she sat and strap herself into the chair behind Chipper. Take moment to straiten up her robes for moment and set some her stuff on the side.

"Set coordinates for Seltos and she should easily be there in time. Get to work on some of the nice things."

To which with a nod Sam then turn to Chipper and spoke.

"Well you heard her Chipper....set head to Seltos ..."

At which time with seem a faint string of bleeps Chipper sort chimed in to tell Sam. His two cents about where their heading and remind her that for what its worth. The bit of current information he'd gather about the place. That how it wasn't such a hot idea go there at this time but at any rate with sly smirk Sam turn him and replied.

"...don't worry i know....at any rate set the course and oh don't forget enter back door protocol ok...chipper..."

At which time with slight indignant bleep Chipper no less complied and just as instructed. He enter the coordinate along with some the key mid jump off point switching designation. One that as best Sam had calculated would at best scramble their path signature enough to elude any would be pursuers. That may try sniff out their location or trajectory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom