Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Sleeping on the Job

Orson Velus

O
Orson was finally making a journey down into the Library. He'd been intending to ever since he'd been given the tour, but had found that any kind of physical training, even if it was by himself, was infinitely more enjoyable than any reading would be. Unfortunately, not having visited the library meant that he was very unfamiliar with any kind of etiquette or rules that he needed to follow while in the library.

The Padawan spent a while idly walking down isles, taking quick glances at things that seemed vaguely interesting, but never sticking around to properly read anything. Was he even allowed to just take stuff? That was definitely something that he needed to iron out, and so he began his search for some kind of worker. A dire lack of any directional skills was once again coming around to bite him in the ass, as he couldn't tell the difference between anything in this library, and was rather cluelessly taking circles around the same small group of aisles for around 20 minutes before he triumphantly broke his own loop. He glanced around for a moment, hoping nobody had noticed his rather embarrassing showing, and thankfully found the library to be quite empty.

He strolled over to what he assumed to be main reception, and peered over, only to find the man working it fast asleep.

"Hi, uh.. Oh, wow." He grinned to himself, before raising his voice slightly. "Very hard worker here.."

Varen Ardos Varen Ardos

Sleeping on the Job

Tags:
Orson Velus

Rebel_Div.png

"Hi, uh.. Oh, wow." He grinned to himself, before raising his voice slightly. "Very hard worker here.."

Varen was violently ripped from the land of dreams, perking up immediately to the sound of a voice. "I'm awake! I'm awake.." He said, his sluggish disposition indicating that he was anything other than such. The dull blue glow of the console invaded his field of vision as his eyes tried to acclimatise to the newfound illumination. Master Nox had assigned him to do some research for an upcoming expedition of theirs, and he had taken to the Temple's endlessly vast archives to try and get some homework done.

Obviously enough that hadn't really gone to plan.

The teenage padawan, sat up, rubbing his eyes and stretching as he inspected this new companion. He'd hadn't seen him much before. Then again, to the chagrin of many of the masters, he was never really at the Temple, and only really showed up to use the archives for purposes such as this. Though despite this peculiar arrangement, he had still at least seen most of the padawans, even if he hadn't really taken the time to properly meet them.

Studying what looked to be a fellow padawan, he typed a few characters on the console to vainly remedy lost hours. "I don't believe we've met before? I'm Varen." He introduced himself with a characteristically sharp grin on his face. "So, how can I help you?"

Orson Velus

O
Any guilt that Orson would have otherwise felt for somewhat rudely waking the other padawan, was very much offset by his amusement at the situation. His grin widened as he watched Varen seemingly struggle to fully wake up.

As Orson really hadn't been around for all that long, he didn't find it too surprising that he didn't recognise him, he hadn't met all too many padawans after all. Varen looked to be a few years older than Orson, which caused Orson to hesitant slightly before responding. He wasn't entirely sure if there would be any kind of respect your elders type of expectation nor not.

"Yeah, we haven't met, I'm quite new." He explained, before adding on. "I'm Orson. I was going to ask if I can just take stuff out from the library, I haven't really been here much since I arrived. Do you even think much reading is worth it? It's probably boring, but I don't think I'll get too far if I just keep training by myself."

Varen Ardos Varen Ardos

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom