Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slayer-Class Droid Mark 1

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=15904483
Intent: To bolster the Fringe's Army with a innovative droid army.
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Nova Corp.
Model: Slayer
Affiliation: Nova Corp/Fringe
Modularity: Fully Customizable
Production: Mass
Material:
Dura-Steel
Felucian SkullBone
Hydro-glycolic Cells
Zicx-Bugs Grenades
Cryseefa Gas
Description:
These droids were built to be the bulk of the droid army and as such they come preloaded with tactics training as well as the more active training in forms of shooting accuracy and reaction processors. Kiyala took a rather different approach and rather than her attempting to fit everything with a space did she make the space around what she was building. Being able to do so allowed her to craft these droids to be quite durable in the since that unless one hits one of the few spaces that a priority system was the droid of course unable to feel pain could more capably keep going. Along the arms are an underlayer of Felucian bone to help with deflecting closer ranged attack as well as having the capability to use the layer as a blade that springs from the wrist. The droid is powered by Hydroglycolic Cells that enable it to thrive and recharge itself in almost all climates. The use of repulsor technology though their feet allows them limited flight as current flight use heavily depleted the droids energies far more than it can recharge. Within the palms of their hands lied an interchangeable launcher that would either spew out a torrent of Needles dipped in Cryseefa Gas or Zicx-Bug Grenades.

Classification: (First Degree, Second Degree, Third Degree, Fourth Degree, or Fifth Degree) Fourth

Weight: (Via Metric System) 140 kg
Height: (Via Metric System) 6;5
Movement: (Repulsorlift, Wheels, Tracks, Bipedal, Quadrupedal) Bipedal & Repulsorlift
Armaments: (what weapons and defenses does The droid possess, if applicable) Twin Sonic Pistols, Needle/Grenade Launcher, Twin Vibroblades,
Misc. Equipment: Bio-Scanners, Weapon Scanners, HUD Display through 'eyes'

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
@[member="Kiyala Demont"]

1) I can't see this droid being mass produced at all because of all the unique items going into the design. I'd say limited production at best and that would be borderline unique production.
2) I'm assuming by Felucian SkullBone you're referring to the materials making up a Felucian SkullBlade. If so, on this design it would be pretty useless. The crystals within the bone must be imbued with the Force to resist lightsaber attacks and therefore can only be effectively wielded by Force Users. Right now, it's just fancy bone that won't do anything on the droid. If you keep it, I would want a separate, good lengthed thread of you getting the bone from Felucia, which is in Sith Empire territory on the other side of the galaxy. I'd suggest dropping it from the submission entirely.
3) Zicx-bug grenades/bombs are highly difficult to obtain and only obtainable from inside a Sarlacc's digestive systems. If you're going to keep this, I would want to see a good lengthed thread where you find and harvest the bugs from a Sarlacc. Plus, you would get better performance out of a regular grenade than using the bugs. I'd suggest dropping the grenade entirely.
4) Cryseefa gas is just that: gas. You would need to superchill the gas to a liquid form or alter the chemical make up of the gas to make it an inert solid or liquid, which will alter the gas's potency. I'd also require a separate Dev thread for that. I'd suggest dropping it off the droid.
5) Using a B-1 Battle Droid, is the programming and accuracy better or worse in comparison? Please add that to your description.
6) You say limited flight capabilities and that they'll burn out their power source to perpetually fly, but how long is that flight time? How many jumps is it? How high and far can it jump? If it flies non-stop, how long until the power source dies? Will doing that shut down the droid until it can be manually restarted/recharged, or will it recharge itself given time?
7) 140kg is a little low for this type of droid. I'd say bump it up to at least 170kg if not more.
8) 6.5m tall is a bit much. that's pretty much a story and a half tall. I'd drop it down to 3-4m tall. Actually, drop it to 3m.
9) The twin sonic pistols weren't mentioned in the description, please add them in.
10) While I understand the different scanners and HUD system are most likely canon, they weren't added in the description. Please add them.
11) There aren't many weaknesses in the design that are stated aside from lacking perpetual flight. I'd say add another paragraph or two to detail what it does and can do, then expand on the various flaws in the design.

Looking back on everything, I'm gonna have to deny this right now. Even if you drop the unique/hard to get/exotic items from the design, it still needs some work and even then, I can't see much difference between the Slayer design and a Super Battle Droid. If you want to Second Chance it after making the corrections that are asked for, feel free and someone will review it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom