Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slaves Revenge

Objective: Preparation for takeoff​
Enemy: Pirate slavers​

A mission, Tasha had discovered a slave group on a nearby planet of Vulpter, and in that, a potential target. A larger group of pirates had discovered the planet a convenient hideout due to it's almost totally inhospitable nature. A, quite literally, trash planet. Who's atmosphere was immensely polluted, breathable, but not necessarily pleasant. Especially long term when it could cause more permanent issues. They had set up a work camp there, while doubling as a trade route. This, Tasha just could not accept.

The countess heir sent out a request, a call to arms for a strike force of sorts. They'd take down the slavers, free the slaves, and get them out of there. There was almost nothing that Tasha hated more then slavers, she tried to suppress it, keep her mind off it. But right now, that was just not the case.

They were all to meet beforehand at the takeoff point, where they would go through a quick run through before preparing for takeoff. Tasha herself would be aboard a Nebulon-B2_frigate. It wouldn't be filled with a crew, rather, it would have the necessary pilots and maintainers. Some of the hired hands for the fight, along with guests, and would become the primary escape ship once they got all the slaves off planet. Additional fighters were welcome to join, or could fly on their own ships. There wouldn't be many she knew, but she doubted they'd need more then forty in total to take down their target. Going further would be better naturally, but with the right strategy, forty was sufficient.

Tasha herself stood on a platform waiting for them all to arrive, armed in full, prepared for battle soon enough. But first, she wanted to know who all they were working with.

[member="Kylie Talor"]

Kylie Talor

K
[member="Tasha Blackmoor"]
ALDERAAN
THE LANDING PAD
-----
Recent days had been good to Kylie. She'd arrived on Alderaan, and had a mini vacation of sorts, writing books. As the call had gone out, she'd been there to answer. Taking down slavers was good work, Jedi worthy. While she was no god-like Master of the force, she was good with the gun, and the yoke. She arrived, clad in her brown long coat, pulled over a thin grey body glove, that served as her second skin.

On her leather belt, two DL-44's hung, and on the back of that belt, a small holster concealed her plain silver cylinder of plasma.

She laid eyes on Tasha. She was much larger than the girl. She recognized the visage from the add. Blue eyes scanned the pad, noting the ship. Boxy, with a few carbon scores. Gruff men in plasteel armor, reminiscent of Stormtroopers.

"E-11's? You guys still using old Imperial Crap?" She asked.

"But where are my manners. Excuse me."

Brown leather boots crunched gravel as she came closer to the black armored and caped woman. She recoiled for a moment, not expecting that tell tale whisper of the force to strike her so.

She glanced her up and down, and then held out a small calloused hand, one wrapped around the butt of a blaster too many times in the past months.

"Kylie Talor, Pleased to meet you."

She left the part out about her being a Padawan of the Jedi Covenant. She figured Tasha would peg her as a force user or had already.

The men she mentioned to groaned in annoyance, "Better then cloth." ​one muttered looking at her robes thinking it clever, not an incredibly aggressive comment, but it was clear they took a bit of offense. Alderaan wasn't exactly known for being a warring world. Even now.

Tasha felt a presence approaching, she lifted her eyes as. [member="Kylie Talor"] arrived, reaching out a hand, and giving her name. She wore robes, interesting. Force sensitive, probably trained in some manner. At least, that felt likely. Regardless of how much.

Tasha removed her glove and reached out her hand to shake while cocking her head and smiling just somewhat, "Pleasure's mine Kylie Talor. Guess you already got my name though huh?" she did note the two blasters on the girls belt though, she had to chuckle to herself, she liked to use blasters as well. A BSB at her sight, sonic blaster from her company, and one in rifle form behind her. As well as a Kueget_LN-21_blaster_pistol on the other side, her lightsaber was not hidden either.

"Not too often I run into other force sensitives around here." she looked around, just another few more minutes before they got started, not long. She was ready to go, just wanted to be sure they had everyone and could give them their jobs. "Rather curious, are you experienced at it? I mean, you do look fairly young to be honest." she smiled again trying to show she didn't mean anything bad by it. She didn't really want to get any kids hurt, though she couldn't tell the exact age. The force sensitivity was also a good sign at least.

Unfortunately, it also reminded her of the Jedi. A feeling, both of distance, and of familiarity. An internal desire to be like them, to become a master, have padawans, to teach, to go on missions. To protect like they did. Even if, officially, she was not a count yet, but only an heiress and a businesswoman.

[member="Kylie Talor"]

Kylie Talor

K
ALDERAAN
THE LANDING PAD
-----
"I do know your name yes."

She gave the groaning Merc the side-eye and then smiled.

"No not terribly experienced, though I'm handy with a Blaster or Starship my force abilities are..... well I haven;t had much to train with."

She could feel the womans intrigue. She was drawn to her force presence like flies on bantha poop.

This might be a woman that can teach.

"Mostly I write treatises and create Holocrons of old knowledge. When I'm not doing that I tend to break up bar brawls or fend off the odd Alien Empire invasion in the Outback."

She tucked her thumbs into her belt.

"What's your experience level? Looking for a student?"

Tasha hummed to herself hearing that she knew blasters and starships, but leaned her head back in thought hearing that she hadn't had as much force training. Though she further explained that she had some experiences on some other matters, well, perhaps not the greatest force user, but she was not new to this either. Then came a question to Tasha, two actually.

The heir chuckled, patting her lightsaber, "I wasn't, but I'd certainly have no problem with one. As for my experience, well, depends. Used to be a Padawan but...well things happened, I left. But I haven't stopped employing techniques or learning, and I knew enough when I left to make my way up pretty fast if it weren't for my personal problems. Enough to stand on par with masters I'd say now, though I haven't had to fight many in person, I was pretty good back then. Specialize in Technopathy actually, it's a good supplement." she said before cocking her head and smiling again, "Are you looking for a teacher?"

It was quite an intriguing possibility. An opportunity to teach someone, to feel like she was a Jedi again, but without having to call herself one. It felt good, if it would happen. But until now, she almost never met a force sensitive who wasn't already being trained by the Jedi, or, well, someone else.

[member="Kylie Talor"]

Kylie Talor

K

When she mentioned Technomancy Kylie had to pause. A small whirl of the force spiraled around her. She was using an ability she'd first learned and perfected. Enhance memory. From the depths of her brain she conjured up the one Datacron she;d read in the archives on Belia Darzu. She recalled she;d made incredible but terrifying creations with a mix of force alchemy and sorcery as well as technology.

Technomancy. Sounded a bit like the darkside.
But knowledge is priceless.

"Sure I'd be willing. Don't really got a mentor right now. Jus' kinda floatin' between places in the 'verse."

She smiled.

"What were you thinking?"

[member="Kylie Talor"]

An interesting reaction, the whirl of the force. She was doing something but it wasn't aggressive so all was fine.

Tasha chuckled at the response, wandering about apparently. Well, it was one way to learn, not the most efficient. But if it got her this far, then well done. "I do stuff like this somewhat often, just usually more on my own or with a small crew. If you're up to it, join along, help out, and I'll teach you things with free time and as we go. Might be pretty interesting for both of us hm?"

One of the men came up nearby, "Apologies ladies, Miss Blackmoor, we've got who we know is coming. Ready when you are." he said before stepping back again and waiting, Tasha nodded to him, "Thank you Win. We'll begin soon."

She looked back at the potential student of hers, "Mind if we run over the plan first, best do it now then later. And then, if you have a ship already, we can either work it over when we get there, after, or you can ride with us and get a little discussion out first? Up to you. Personally I'm quite interested to see where this goes."

[member="Kylie Talor"]

Kylie Talor

K

"I'll ride with you. Lead the way."

She gestured towards the hungry ramp, where Soldiers were already loading up like tasty morsels.

[member="Kylie Talor"]
Tasha nodded, she stood up on the platform, a quick explanation to everyone, "The plan is quick, we're dealing with pirates. Not soldiers, they're individuals who happen to work together. Fight them as such. What we know is that they have four freighters, six fighters, and are armed mostly with moderate and light weaponry. We'll attack from the sky, drop in, underneath their main base is where they keep the slaves and where the slaves work, get them out and on board, work together, and this can all go smoothly. I'll be leading the charge, trying to attract attention while the rest of you get to work helping the slaves out. Those of you designated will target the fighters first before landing."

A quick rundown, enough of these people already knew what they were doing, there was no need for extensive strategy or weaponry. They were already on par with ships, and would probably stand up pretty well when it came to weapons. Many pirates were prone to a lack of armor, that'd make them much easier targets. Of course it also meant her lava crystal'd lightsaber was a waste, but she was likely to end up using a blaster for a good bit of it anyway.

She started heading up the ramp presumable with [member="Kylie Talor"] as well, "You got a lightsaber? I don't personally find them necessary, but they're a good tool regardless. Even if you never use it, I like to train with it. Works well when in combination with the force. My second one was a bit more combative admittedly, but that's just how I am. Kept the original, still use it for practice, but it's not as good of a weapon for me personally."

[member="Kylie Talor"]

Kylie Talor

K

She followed.

When asked about her saber she nodded, reached back and drew her own. It was battered, a simple silver cylinder.

"I have this. Not very good though. Whats your second Saber like?"

The one she had, she'd taken with her when the New Jedi Order collapsed. She'd been in the temple when it was sacked and had to make a run for it. Damn Sith.

Tasha looked at the weapon in thought, well, perhaps not the most complex, but if it worked, it worked. It also made her future teaching easier if she chose to take on dueling or swordsmanship of some kind. The heiress nodded, and held out the Guard Breaker, even handing it over, but first adding, "Don't turn it on, you'll burn yourself, or press any buttons." she warned, "Call it Guard Breaker, phrik handle, handle guard, works underwater, electrified spike at the bottom like an electro-staff, the blade is made using mustafarian Lava Crystals. Yeah, I know they're often attributed to Sith and almost never used, but that's not because they're dark side aligned. It is a dangerous blade, but a thermal detonator is arguable worse and almost nobody would question that for a military."

​She chuckled, "I apologize if I get too into the blade or fighting, I was always a bit...brash really, just what I know I can do. My first was a lot simpler combat wise, Kyber crystal, straight hilt, so on. I'm sure afterwards I can help you out trying to make yours fit you better, if you want. A lightsaber is a personal weapon, if you like it simple, then simple is what works best for you. If you want some fantastical weapon with spikes all over the place, well, if it works it works."

As they walked the doors closed behind them and she quickly gave off orders for take off preparing to head out. The planet wasn't too far away but they were doing a coordinated effort and needed to arrive in sync.

[member="Kylie Talor"]

Kylie Talor

K
A Spiked hilt?

Tasha began to let onto a darker side of herself. Kylie smiled, rolling the hilt around her palm. It was heavy, and a bit off balance. The actual blade itself she had yet to see.

"Lava crystals are unique yes. I myself prefer Aedegan. Much more natural flow of the force that way."

She kept her eyes on the cargo door as they launched, steeling her connection to the force. She used it to anchor her legs down, and herself in place within the vessel as it jostled. It finally broke free of the Atmosphere, in ball of flame and turbulence.

"What forms of Saber combat do you know? I've always been interested to learn how to do that much better. Right now my skills are..... lacking."

Another hum, "Yes they do have a more natural flow, more pleasing to look at too." she commented, Tasha herself latched a hand onto a doorway as they began to use, helping to keep herself steady along with the aid of the force. Best of both worlds she always felt.

She chuckled at the comment about lacking skilled at Saber combat, "Well, that's something I can definitely help you in. I know the primary seven the Jedi have. Along with having worked on my own application of them for combining blasters and the force in a more modern setting, call it the Way of the Yaka for documentation purposes. Basically if the Jedi teach it, and it's a lightsaber style, I most likely learned it. But if you're lacking, most important is Shii'Cho and Soresu, better for defending against blaster fire and can help you move forwards from there."

The heiress tapped the wall of the ship, the routes were set it was just a matter of time before they got there, "Have you had training on that yet? You have a lightsaber after all and you do seem to know techniques so I assume you've had some?"

[member="Kylie Talor"]

Kylie Talor

K

She shook her head, noting the silent alarm inside the cockpit.

How am I even aware of the Pilots terror?

"Um no not really. Full disclosure I was a youngling when the New Jedi Order fell. Had to learn the way of the gun and scrap to survive. I know form I, and that's about it."

Despite that she'd written many treatises on the forms, and lightsabers in general, knowledge did not apply to practice. The young Bardic Jedi was very careful not to let those lines blur, and believe herself more powerful than she really was.

"You'll find I'm simple, full of knowledge, humble, but definitely out of practice of the things I know of."

She shot a wry grin Tasha's way.

"In other words, young and idealistic."

Tasha sensed it too, more noticing the alarm itself, then the pilot. She was always more keen on technology then people. But she remained calm, investigating the error of the ship, and examining the rest of the ships functions quickly as she did so. The Heiress nodded in thought as [member="Kylie Talor"] explained she'd learned little, but had form I. Good, at least she had that. Along with some other skills.

A chuckle as the girl mentioned being young and idealistic, "Well, we can work on that soon enough, why don't we check on the cockpit quick," she brought out her communicator, "Tasha Blackmoor to Bridge, what's our status."

There was some shuffling and a pause, "Uh, problem, best you get up here." was the response. She groaned, couldn't just tell her the issue. She tipped her head, ​"When we get there, see if you can catch onto the styles I'm gonna use. If you're too busy that's fine, but I want to see how you analyze another person fighting."

She quickly started making her way towards the bridge.

Kylie Talor

K

Kylie nodded, following her as she moved.

"That'll be easy. Sounds serious!"

Tasha and Kylie would enter the bridge quickly, and just as they did so, it would be obvious the problem, there was more ships then expected, and the Nebulon-B2_frigate had just received an alarm from one of the allies about surrender. Tasha groaned, someone had warned them, and thought they now held the cards.

However, they had not fully put in the numbers. Even with the traitor, they were close to equal in firepower, though the pirates appeared to have a slight advantage due to their numbers. Only these pirates were lacking force sensitives. A pirate sent out a communication request and Tasha let it through as a hologram of the individual showed up, a Zabrak male, two of his horns were broken, and he was smiling,

"Well well, not such a good day after all?" He mocked, before dramatically bowing, "The names, Jin, now, let's consider your surrender terms eh?"

"Please, go ahead." She prompted, he was in a ship just as she was. And she was working her way in, examining his ship in and out. A freighter, modified considerably mainly with tractor beams and ion weapons. Best to have cargo in tact she presumed. She glanced at [member="Kylie Talor"] and whispered, "You know anything about ships? We'll end up on our feet soon enough, but best to apply our best abilities in the mean time. I'd like to minimize, well, deaths on our side. Better pilots, mechanics, and gunners we have the better off we'll be."

Returning her attention to the pirate she cocked her head, thumbing her hand over her belt,
"So good to know you're cooperative, of course, we'll be entering your ship, droids of course. I wouldn't trust you with my people. We'll disarm them first, then we can disarm you all, and then we'll be taking you down to the planet. If you're really nice maybe we'll even see which ones of you are worth a reward, or can find another price."

Tasha's face twitched, disgusting. She had no mercy for slavers, but she had to keep up the prideful cooperation appearance. Just for another moment. She'd hear what Kylie would have to say first, and then it would be time. She had no intention of cooperating in the slightest, she was going to start the fight outright by taking control of his ship and turning him on his allies. But first, her own people needed to be prepared for it.

[member="Kylie Talor"]

Tasha and Kylie would enter the bridge quickly, and just as they did so, it would be obvious the problem, there was more ships then expected, and the Nebulon-B2_frigate had just received an alarm from one of the allies about surrender. Tasha groaned, someone had warned them, and thought they now held the cards.

However, they had not fully put in the numbers. Even with the traitor, they were close to equal in firepower, though the pirates appeared to have a slight advantage due to their numbers. Only these pirates were lacking force sensitives. A pirate sent out a communication request and Tasha let it through as a hologram of the individual showed up, a Zabrak male, two of his horns were broken, and he was smiling,

"Well well, not such a good day after all?" He mocked, before dramatically bowing, "The names, Jin, now, let's consider your surrender terms eh?"

"Please, go ahead." She prompted, he was in a ship just as she was. And she was working her way in, examining his ship in and out. A freighter, modified considerably mainly with tractor beams and ion weapons. Best to have cargo in tact she presumed. She glanced at [member="Kylie Talor"] and whispered, "You know anything about ships? We'll end up on our feet soon enough, but best to apply our best abilities in the mean time. I'd like to minimize, well, deaths on our side. Better pilots, mechanics, and gunners we have the better off we'll be."

Returning her attention to the pirate she cocked her head, thumbing her hand over her belt,
"So good to know you're cooperative, of course, we'll be entering your ship, droids of course. I wouldn't trust you with my people. We'll disarm them first, then we can disarm you all, and then we'll be taking you down to the planet. If you're really nice maybe we'll even see which ones of you are worth a reward, or can find another price."

Tasha's face twitched, disgusting. She had no mercy for slavers, but she had to keep up the prideful cooperation appearance. Just for another moment. She'd hear what Kylie would have to say first, and then it would be time. She had no intention of cooperating in the slightest, she was going to start the fight outright by taking control of his ship and turning him on his allies. But first, her own people needed to be prepared for it.

[member="Kylie Talor"]

Kylie Talor

K

Kylie shook her head.

"Not all that much. Though this model is an older one, and I've seen it in my studies. We can nuetralize them easily enough."

She swiped on the map, expanding the schematic of the vessel.

"The central point is here, between the two halves. If we hit her here, we can split both ends. Send ina party with mag boots and Vac suits, hit her in the center. Place will decompress and we can take the salvage."

She paused thinking it over.

"Of course I'm not partial to killing a bunch of folks wantonly. Can we negotiate with them?"

Tasha rubbed her chin thoughtfully as [member="Kylie Talor"] answered she didn't quite know too much about the ships. But, she did already have ideas. She pointed out the center, how they could split it up then send in people in suits to take it out. Yes, that would make their job a bit easier. They did have enough firepower to take that down and had the suits to send in the men for it. She nodded at first but then Kylie mentioned wanting to negotiate.

Tasha's face twitched at first, negotiate with slavers. There was pain in her heart that would never quite leave. Memories that didn't want to fade. A gloved hand instinctively ran across the mark at the back of her neck. But she swallowed her hatred. This was not for her. This was for the people they caught, and in this case, maybe something more could be learned through discussion then outright combat.

​"I'll considerate, if you can give me a reason they might actually want to negotiate. Right now, they think they hold the cards. So what options do we have?" It was not prompted as a criticism, but almost as an experiment, to see what Kylie's negotiation abilities were like. Tasha herself avoided it most of the time when it came to battle, but she'd done it for business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom