Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Skirmisher I - Class Frigate

Status
Not open for further replies.
ff42-1024x576.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent: To present a mass market ship which has the specialized role of being an anti-starfighter assault frigate, perfect for supporting roles in fleets and as an ambush vessel.
Image Source: http://fractalsponge.net/?p=448
Canon Link: N/A
Original Artist: FractalSponge
PRODUCTION INFORMATION

Manufacturer: Eriadu Manufacturing Shipyards
Manufacturer page: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/148034-eriadu-manufacturing-shipyards/
Affiliation: Eriaduan Ascendancy| Free market
Model: Skirmisher Class Frigate
Production: Mass- Production
Material:
[https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Durasteel] Durasteel skeletal frame and hull
[https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Duraplast] Duraplast friction shields and coating
Other non-descript shipbuilding material

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Classification: Anti-starfighter frigate, light cruiser
Length: 250m
Width: max 100m
Height: 50m
Reactor Core: Hypermatter Reactor
Engines: 4 Radial Ion Drives and trusters
Hyperdrive Class: 1.5, back up 10.0
Armament: High
- 12 Flak gun batteries
- 2 Ion cannon batteries
- 2 twin Turbolaser turrets
- 8 sidemounted AG-2G Quad Laser Cannon batteries
- 12 top mounted dual Laser Cannons.
- 8 Cluster Missile Tubes
Defenses: Low
- Reinforced Durasteel Hull with hardened duraplast coating.
- [https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Deflector_shield] Shield Generator
- [https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Shield_camouflage]Shield Camouflage

Hangar Space: 0 Squadrons
Hangar Allocations:
Starfighters: 0
Support craft: 0

Operative crew: 45
Military crew: 80 + 80 gunners

Maneuverability Rating: Moderate
Speed Rating: High

-[https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Frequency_jammer] Frequency Jammer
-[https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/HoloNet/Legends]Holonet Transeiver
-[https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Encryption_module]Encryption Module
-[https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Subspace_transceiver]Subspace Transeiver
-Standard sensory equipment
-[https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Navigation_computer]Automated Navicomputer
-Standard Life support system
-standard medical bay
-standard shield generator

ADVANCED SYSTEMS
- Shield Camouflage: This type of shield can't be both a shield and a camouflage at the same time, it also only makes the ship impossible to track on sensors and scanners, but won't be invisible, making it optimal for fast engagements in hit and run tactics, but won't be much good in actual combat.
Strengths:
- maneuvrable craft with decent capacity in terms of firepower and excellent use in hit and run or support tactics.
-Needs a comparably smaller crew than other ships in its class due to high automatization.
-Sensory jamming capacity.
Weaknesses:
Lacking anything more than the basic defensive necessities, this ship is not naturally suited for drawn out battles as a leading ship, at best suited for small skirmishes or as support to at least a medium sized fleet.

STRENGTHS | WEAKNESSES
Shield Camouflage: The shield camouflage is without a doubt this ships most important asset, allowing the ship to properly ambush unsuspecting vessels as long as the situation was favorable, but also enhancing the means of a smart and fast escape by using the surrounding areas to its advantage.
Armament versatility: Though the Skirmisher Class perhaps lacks the firepower of more assault oriented ships, it does not lack the versatility in that field, with various types of weaponry which benefit from the ship's relative small size and agility to maximize the damage they can do compared to more cumbersome ships.
It's a snappy lil' thing : Exceedingly fast and easily maneuvrable, the ship lends itself in many ways to be the perfect anti starfighter frigate, but also a superior support vessel within any fleet and a highly capable assault vessel on more cumbersome ships. Capable of outrunning and outmaneuvring even corvettes and some starfighters is no lowly feat.
Low Defenses: As a compromise to its versatility and firepower, the drawback came in the form of a lack of defensive mechanisms, using only the most basic structural defenses and a standard shield generator to try and sustain some hits from larger vessels, but it does show that drawn out battles with overwhelming odds are not this ship's forté.​
Shield camouflage: Though it is the ship's greatest strength, it also poses its greatest weaknes, as the ship can't raise its shield as long as the camouflage is active, simply because it drains the shield generator too much to have both active at the same time. Also since it's not a cloakingdevice, it will do the ship no good when in the dead of space without any obstacles or spacial bodies to be used in the ship's advantage.​

DESCRIPTION

Though the Tarkin doctrine is still in effect within the Eriadu Ascendancy, the Skirmisher-class frigate is an exception to the widespread rule of making bigger, more powerful ships. Due to the historical evidence that large capital ships lack an operational field and the jack of all trades approach of the old galactic empire when it came to their ships was deemed to be flawed, the Skirmisher-class was derived from the idea that a fast, manoeuvrable craft with decent firepower could very well be the kind of support those ships from the Tarkin doctrine needed.

The core concept in this case is thus to have a ship capable of hunting down starfighters, picking off weakened and damaged enemy vessels or to act as blockade runners and patrol ships to clean up any pirate or smuggling activity within EA space. To consolidate the ship as a real hunter and surprise attacker, it is equipped with a whole range of sensory equipment and most importantly its rather unique sensory jamming shield, which would allow it to close up to enemy vessels with greater ease and greater surprise than most other ships would be capable of doing.

Armed with 12 FLAK gun batteries, 2 ion cannon batteries, 2 twin turbolaser turrets, 8 sidemounted AG-2G Quad Laser Cannon batteries and 12 top mounted AG-2G twin laser cannon batteries, the ship has enough firepower to act fast and deal a lot of damage without breaking a sweat and before an enemy vessel would even know what hit it, it may have bolted away into the depths of space again. To add some credibility to its support role though, the ship also carries ion cluster concussive missiles that can be launched via the eight missile tubes, which are capable of draining shields and damage electronics, making the capital ships’ job just a tad easier.

As a compromise to the speed, maneuvrability and firepower though, it lacks anything beyond the basic defensive necessities and it isn’t helped in that department by the use of mass market materials for its hull and frame, pressing the cost of the ship to keep it as a fairly cheap alternative to more allround multipurpose frigates and light cruisers.

[member="Credius Nargath"]

Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening (whichever may apply to you),

First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to use the factory. I am going to be reviewing your submission and I hope that this process will be quick and painless and we can get you that ship you desire. But without further ado, let's get to where we may need a few tweaks here and there.

Credius Nargath said:
Manufacturer: Eriaduan Manufacturing shipyards
Please remember to link the manufacturer of the submitted item/starship

Credius Nargath said:
- Reinforced Durasteel Hull with hardened duraplast coating.
Please remember to link all specifically named items and/or materials if not already linked in the submission. In this case, please make sure you remember to link "Duraplast"

Credius Nargath said:
It just looks like the coding for you link here broke. If you could sort that out, it would be greatly appreciated.

If anything I mentioned above does not make sense to you or you simply need clarification on it, please so not hesitate to ask me here.

Provided the requested links.

It's probably because I'm actually doing it all in word, thus writing the BB code full out rather than using the on-site stuff, with the downside if I put it in here to preview and then c/P that to word it actually loses a lot of the links. My apologies.

[member="Credius Nargath"]
Thanks for everything you've adjusted so far, it's greatly appreciated. Just a few more things to point out.

Credius Nargath said:
Reinforced Durasteel Hull with hardened duraplast coating
Please include Duraplast in the Materials section as well. Also, this link does not link to material, but instead, back to this submission

Credius Nargath said:
Manufacturer: Eriaduan Manufacturing shipyards
This link, links back to this submission and not to "Eriaduan Manufacturing Shipyards"

Credius Nargath said:
Hangar Space: 0 Squadrons Hangar Allocations: Starfighters: 0 Support craft: 0 Operative crew: 45 Military crew: 80 + 80 gunners Maneuverability Rating: Moderate Speed Rating: High
I'm entirely certain has this happened, but for some reason all of these link back to "Shield Camouflage." Great think about this fix though is that none of the parts quoted there, need a link so you should just be able to remove those links.

Sorry to have come back at you with some more corrections to be made, but site acts strangely sometimes and breaks things that were not broken originally. Just let me know when this is done, and if everything works, we should be golden. Also, if you need any assistance along the way, please do not hesitate to ask.

So...I've edited the links again, completely throwing out form out of the window for function in this regard due to bad working hyperlink system of the site (I'm used to the link button also allowing us to rename the link like in a bb code, but it doesn't) and doing...for now this is my best solution... *le sigh*

Thanks for all the edits, [member="Credius Nargath"].

Just one more thing before we can pass it along as I either missed it earlier or the site ate it, but the submission is missing a "Strengths/Weaknesses" section. You need at least one listed for each, but after that is complete, this should be good to submit for secondary approval.

[member="Alden Akaran"] | [member="Credius Nargath"]

This is a really good idea for a submission, however there is just one thing i would like to bring to your attention before I approve this submission.

Credius Nargath said:
Shield Camouflage: The shield camouflage is without a doubt this ships most important asset, greatly enhancing its ability to do what the class-name of the ship entails: to act in skirmishes by harrassing unsuspecting ships and to deliver heavy blows thanks to the strength below. Allowing for it to remain virtually undetected on any radars or sensors until it is too late.
The wording here is very close to a full on cloaking device, while the shield camouflage wiki is described as the following.

Shield camouflage was a sensor-masking technology developed at Hosrel XI by the Centrality Navy. Though not as effective as a true cloaking device, it had its uses in areas of stellar disturbance like nebulae, where it blended a starship in with interstellar dust and gas. Unfortunately, the ship's regular defensive shielding needed to be deactivated for the system to function properly.

(Wookie)

Your wording is too close to that of a full cloaking device, a ship that is virtually undetectable, which is not borne up by the wookie article. If you wish to retain this level of stealth ability you will have to scale the productions back to semi-unique, or alternatively I would recommend rewriting that element to state taht it helps with stealth but staying away from that level of undetectability.

It's not cloaking as in the truest sense, the reason I explained it as such is that as its description entails, the ship is an ambush craft with high speed an relatively high firepower. With the ship virtually undetectable by sensors and radars, but not visually (which a real cloaking device does) it would in theory fit the description perfectly. I assumed the wookiepedia description made it look more like how current day stealth aircraft works rather than actually having an invisible mode.

BUT...I've changed it nonetheless in both its strength and weakness section to stress on it that it still needs additional things to fully make use of the shield camouflage system.

Also changed the hyperdive speed from 3.5 to 1.5 (lower numbers represent faster ships), I almost had a ship explained as fast when it's hyperdriv can't even outrun an orbital spacestation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom