Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Six Hour Layover

Thread Vibe: Polygon - TWRP

Corellia - Coronet City

One of the banes of commercial galactic travel was the layover. If you had to travel off the main hyperlanes, or switch between two intersecting routes, you may be in for some super fun waiting at the spaceport. Rex unfortunately found herself in just such a situation. And the Spaceport seemed to be all out of fun.

Welcome to Coronet Spaceport. Please enjoy your stay.

This was not her first time through here. She knew the layout of this terminal fairly well. Where the good places to eat were and which to avoid. The sparse amenities available to the weary traveler. To bad this wasn't Denon, or Brentaal IV. Their major spaceports were far more luxurious and accommodating. Rex left the security zone and began plotting a course through the public section of the terminal. The Brutalist architecture always felt like it was closing in on her when she was here. Rex wanted out of here asap. Picking up the pace caused everyone walking in her direction to give her a wide berth. She made it to an exit and ducked through the doors. Fresh air, blue skies, space!

There was a park nearby, next to the sea that she found the first time she came to Coronet. Built on a protruding semi-circle of the duracrete. It may have been artificial and all but it was a pretty nice little spot to go to. Some trees, shrubs, grass, and benches were really all that was here. Best of all there had never been anyone else here when she was. Probably because it was like a fifteen minute walk for most to get here. Rex set her bag down on one of the benches. Taking a look out over the relatively calm waters. Some huge puffy clouds rose up out of the horizon. Several ships, both space capable and nautical were milling about the bay. Rex pulled up her arms and stretched them out above her head. It was gonna be a long wait.

A pair of headphones crowned her white haired head. Made to fit over her cat ears and her big 'ol head. Rex had been here over an hour at this point. She'd wasted some time browsing the holonet but there wasn't too much battery life in her datapad left and nowhere to charge it here. She did though have a personal music player with over a thousand songs on it. She was jamming to tunes when a particular track came on. Polygon was the name of the song. From a band you've probably never hear of. It was one of her current favorites though, and always got her in the mood to dance. Rex certainly wasn't one to be shy. Swinging her hips and arms rhythmically to the music. Her tail flicking back and forth. She never noticed someone coming up behind her until she spun around. A smol cat. Well, smol relative to her. Rex came to a standstill and pulled the headphones off her ears.

"Hey, whats up kitty cat?"

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

The Cathar could only stand Coruscant so long before it gave her a headache. She had been told so many times by her old pilot Zash of Corellia, so a quick stop there felt like a good chance to train, to get away and focus on what mattered. The Force, her own mind and body, and the connection between the two. She'd spent the last few hours on the beach, wearing little to cover herself up other than her normal white top and the skirt and bottom that came with it. She didn't need her huge coat, as she wasn't exactly trying to hide the two swords and twin sabers she was training with.

But that got only so much. After a two hour training session, she needed a break. She decided to go for a run at the nearby park, where she ran into a much larger cat that herself. MUCH larger. She stared for a moment, stopping her run completely, letting her heartrate slow accidently. That'd mess up her workout. But she couldn't care. Big cat. Big Cat was more important.

"Uh....hi?" She asked, "...are you a cathar or some sort?"

Is'ekapi Rex Is'ekapi Rex

"No, not Cathar. Togorian."

Rex took a quick look up and down the little cat girl. Her ears were on the side of her head, unlike her own. Certainly a cat like her, but, different. Really she was just drawn to the weapons she had. Two swords, and based on the Lightsaber she'd seen this lad with on Tatooine she'd met, certainly the real things. Quite exited by the prospect of meeting a real Jedi this time, her tail was a furor of twitching.

"Forgive me for my forwardness. My names Is'ekapi Rex. Or just Rex you can call me. Are you a Jedi? An actual one I mean. The last person I met with a Lightsaber turned out to be some jerk. I don't even know if he was a Force user or anything. Sorry if I'm being awkward. I'm better at negotiating business contracts than I am at normal conversations."

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

The Cathar chuckled at that. Seeing a species close to hers, even if they were a good four feet taller, put her at ease. "I get that. I'm better at fighting than I am diplomacy. And yes, I am a jedi. Just don't ask me about the philosophy of it. Still learning that part. I take it you have some questions?"

Truthfully, Jonyna struggled sometimes to call herself a jedi. With everything going on, the Empire back on the rise, the Mandos burning whole populations, and yet...

The jedi once again seem to struggle to react. Politics getting in the way of justice. Of heroism. While it was unpopular to some, Jonyna always believed in unrestricted jedi interventionism. Back in her day, she saw herself as the sheriff of the outer rim. Even if no one appointed her as such other than herself, she did her best to deliver justice where it was needed. Now she lived in an age of peace, or so people called it. An age of politics, she called it. An age of sitting and watching as the evils of the galaxy once again took hold, waiting for the senators to get their heads out of their asses and allow them to do something about it.

Rex pulled back her hair with one hand, and wrapped the headphones around her neck with the other. The music was still blasting so she politely turned them off. Her new Cathar acquaintance left the conversation open ended. Though she didn't get her name yet, fair enough as it was hers to give or not to.

"Questions,." Rex paused for several seconds. "About the Jedi, no." A deep breath was taken. More time to think on her words carefully. "I am... Force Sensitive. If that is the proper term. I have lots of questions regarding the use of the Force. I have researched what I can on my own. And through experimentation I have been able to learn several ways to use the Force I'm sure you would be able to do as well. Without training I am limited by a lack of knowledge and understanding. Not that I am asking you for training. But if you would humor me on some questions, I would be grateful. Now, if what I have read is correct. A Jedi, say, can sense the Force, feel it. And they can also sense others around them somehow. But I feel nothing. Sense nothing. I can reach out my hand and will an object to come to it. And so it does. But I feel nothing until if is in my hand. So, is senseing the Force supposed to be an innate thing or something one must learn? I suppose that is my question."

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Last edited:
AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"I think so. I couldn't really...sense anything when I first started. Had to teach myself that. It's kinda like..." She flicked her ears, "Using your hearing instead of your eyes. Feeling the air around you. Ya know?" It wasn't much of an answer, but something as abstract as that was difficult for the Cathar to explain. To sense through the Force, to reach out beyond yourself, that was something she just...did. Like breathing.

Rarely were the many things in life easy to obtain. Something Rex already knew all too well. Even if it made her want to claw off her own face in frustration at times. Like now. "So what? I just sit down, close my eyes and,... try to feel." The unscientific nature of The Force was confounding.

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

The cathar sat down herself on the concrete pavement, closing her eyes in demonstration.
"It's more....reaching out beyond yourself. Feeling the world around you. I can feel the breeze on my fur. The shift of the wind from an approaching storm 3 miles out. The flow of the insects below my feet, and the shift of the dirt under the concrete..."

She didn't really grasp how to explain it to someone how the Force worked. It was like second nature to her. Like breathing, just another unexplainable, involuntary action within her body.

Stalking around the Jedi several times gave no real observatinal information. She simply sat there, eyes closed. The only conclusion seemed to be to follow along. Over 400 pounds of Togorian dropped onto the pavement with a good thud. She assumed the same position as the Jedi. "I guess I'll... try." Closing her eyes shut. No idea what to even do. Taking a deep breath in and out through the nose. She could hear the Cathar's breathing. Plenty of far off noises of the starport. The water lapping against the seawall. Her hearing was quite sharp. But that wasn't the kind of sense she was looking for.

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom