Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Sithing 101

370d9lz.png

It was almost exactly like watching her younger brother, back before her father died and their mother made the boy into a monster. She didn't let that thought sour the memory though. Rax Tremira Rax Tremira was still young. He didn't need to become a monster, not yet. Once the food was gathered up and bought she took a seat at the same table, across from him. She only got herself a salad, something small to snack on.

"You got a lot of food, don't bother stopping yourself." She herself started to eat, though certainly not in any hurry.

He glared across the table at the other, wondering if she was calling him out for something; she offered, so it wasn't that. Though, he reflected inwardly at that subconscious sentiment. Lingering memories of childhood. Some were warm, admittedly, but weakening. Rax had a longing for companionship. The feeling of being wanted, would be more accurate. She was new, and that sensation brought an odd joy. Nothing that came to the surface, but felt all the same. In his mind he had already begun ticking the seconds and minutes until she left, or was dead of course.

His lips parted slightly, observing the other with what seemed like a constant look of anxiety, and anger. Then he glanced down.. The roll of bread snatched up immediately, he would open his mouth to tear the biggest bite he could, but instead take a regular sized bite out of it. She ate well, he noted. Though young, he had a very forward mind to the things he could comprehend. Either that, or she simply ate on a consistent basis. The Academy was known for denying the students food.

From the second he bit that bread, his face softened; eyes relaxing to reveal what was young boy enjoying his food. Were it not for the scar stemming from his right temple, and cutting his brow just to the cheek;

He would ladle a spoonful of that stew up, and drizzle it over the rice, eyes fixating on the shrimps for a moment. Picking a spoonful, he would munch a mixture of bread, rice, stew, and sauce. Chewing for sometime at an increasing pace before looking across the table at the other silently.

370d9lz.png

A soft smile was all Alina had every time Rax Tremira Rax Tremira looked up at her. In her mind, it was important for anyone, everyone, to have some moments like this. To smile. To be happy. Being a Sith didn't mean it always had to be doom and gloom. The balance was what kept the young woman sane. But it was important not to forget.

"The life of a Sith is hard. Harder than most. Threat of death is something we always have to face. Enjoying what you can will make it bearable, at least slightly more so. You don't need to live a life full of constant anger. But, on the flip side, don't get too complacent."

Rax had long been brought to believe otherwise. Hatred had gotten him far, that was true; but here someone so strong seemed to have a different impression. Rax listened to what she said as he snapped the shell on one of those yobshrimps, pulling out a long sliver of tender meat, and rubbing it along the buttery sauce he had on the circumference of the plate.

She wasn't wrong... And he enjoyed things, sometimes. Flying when he could, training... What else? His eyes scanned the still pretty stacked tray of food, he discarded the crustaceans shell to the side of the tray, and picked up a fork to shovel a few scoops of rice into his mouth. He chewed it all, and swallowed as his pace of eating seemed to slow with those bites.

"The Empire can be brutal to those that get complacent..." he responded flatly, picking up that roll of bread again.

"And I have nothing else... My parents were complacent," his face seemed to contort in pain with those words, taking a bite out of the bread... His fingers crushing into it a bit as he would take an even bigger bite. "Weahk..." he managed through the food, chewing it down.

370d9lz.png

"I never said to be complacent. Complacency is death." She lifted a fork as if to accent that point, a rather stern expression taking over the kind one she'd had thus far. Alina's eyes narrowed slightly as he started speaking with his mouth full, however. "I would be mindful of your manners. We're in a dangerous place. All it takes is the slightest perceived insult for a stronger Sith to decide to crush you."

She let her expression soften again as she took another bite of her salad."So what do you like to have fun with?"

Rax Tremira Rax Tremira

He was so mad at his own perceived slights, he almost didn't realize he was starting to pig out. Rax sucked a bit of sauce from his thumb, nodding in response to her warning.

She was different, that was certain... She spoke many truths though, and it was hard not to like having a... Relatively positive role model.
"Alright..." was all she got, not finding the strength to bring the word sorry to his lips though he wanted to say it initially.

What did he have fun with? His eyes trailed over to that stew, spoon used to take a bite; he chewed like a human this time, swallowing his food and deadpanning to the kitchen line... Should have gotten some water.

"Anything that flies... Or rolls, or zips and zags. One time I stole a speeder... Well that didn't end well for my back, but...."

Finally, a genuine smile formed upon his lips, turning quickly into a grin.

"I swear I'd do it again... Except I know they'll probably get closer to the bone this time.."

Rax seemed happy in that moment... Complacent, even. His eyes rested on the other, and he made the kind of face a toddler made when they got caught doing something wrong; his general guise of angst and discontent quickly returning.

"Fighting... I'm not good enough for a Master yet, or maybe not or enough. All of them are away fighting the war."

370d9lz.png

"A pilot then? I've never been any good at flying. Controls just aren't my thing." It was an idle muse before Alina started to listen to Rax Tremira Rax Tremira again. She let out a sigh. The wars. Too many good acolytes were lost in the wars because they just weren't ready for it. This boy would only be one of those to die before they had a chance to truly grow. "You don't need a master yet. Focus on learning. The Academy isn't easy, but a Master is even harder. You can still learn more, become something stronger. Then worry about a master, yeah?"

"Well maybe, one day... I want my own ship. I've never been anywhere but this place" he noted, what seemed to be the slightest bit of contempt in his voice as he had finished the sentence.

He listened to Alina, and his face truly softened. Didn't need a Master? From a boys standpoint, she seemed like she was off her rocker, but... She was so much stronger than him it was laughable to not take her words seriously. Maybe she was right though, getting a Master didn't end well for everyone selected. The Academy had random bouts of feeling like a deathtrap, but the simple training courses they ran here were probably only a taste of what a Master would do.

He wanted to be snappy, and respond, but he was honestly just sitting across the other baffled. Staring what seemed like through her for a few seconds before he swallowed, and allowed his eyes to falter to the salad Alina was eating. He couldn't take that personally, but he knew what downplaying was. She was warning him he wasn't ready. A few beats taken, and he would shake his head a little, looking back up to her.

He wanted to ask her what her name was again, but the fleeting thought passed immediately.
"I'll get stronger... I will." Rax repeated, locking eyes with Alina this time. It didn't have to be angry all the time, he could still make good memories and be as powerful as her. He was sure of that.

370d9lz.png

"Good." The soft smile reformed as Rax Tremira Rax Tremira repeated his promise. He had potential to become something powerful, but he needed to time to practice. To get to that level. She wanted to see him reach that level. Alina finished her salad, focusing on that instead of continuing any discussion. Once she was finished, she stood right up, stretching her arms overhead.

"When you do, find me again. I'd love the chance to fight you when you reach my level."

When the other smiled, he followed suit. Noting her shift in attitude he also gave the gourmet tray of food he'd gotten a good tending too. Afterwhich, he thought about something else to talk about when the other got up. For some reason he was upset about it, but what did he really expect. She was on her own journey as well. She couldn't waste her time with little kids. She had given him so much already, and all he could do was cherish that... Keep those good memories locked away, though he wasn't entirely sure if they were a boon, or a hamper.

"What's your name!?" he exclaimed, maybe a little more aggressively than he wanted, but unbeknownst to the other that was simple childhood trauma playing out in real time. He had just begun to get comfortable with this person, and they were leaving him. At the very least he wanted to know her name in case he did see her again. Putting some thought into it, he considered something and just let it out "I swear I will, but... I don't even know who I'm looking for." Rax said, not even realizing he had stood up already.

370d9lz.png

Alina stopped halfway to the exit of the lunch room. Quite the smirk settled on her lips as she looked back to Rax Tremira Rax Tremira , nodding her head once more at his promise. His determination to get her name was something she could respect. But she couldn't make it too easy. "Alina. Good luck with your training, Rex."

Then she was gone, disappearing into the crowd of people coming and going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom