Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sith Empire! In need of info.

Qae Shena

Super Shaper Puppy!
I have just two quick questions:

1) What is your standard ground trooper like, their duties/equipment, etc?
2) Is there precedent for a Force-using one?

1) I do not believe TSE has had anyone role-play a ground trooper. I would imagine that their duties are very similar to Stormtroopers in the movies. There is equipment available for troopers in the factory, too, such as standard armor and weapns.
2) There is no precedent for one. I'm not sure how other Sith would react in-character to a Force-using trooper.

I think it'd be great. Besides, we have to do something with those unsuitable for elevation to the full Sith ranks but yet still have Force ability. So, perhaps a trooper with some low-level abilities, like Danger Sense, other basic sensory abilities, perhaps very rudimentary Telekinesis. Don't imagine we'd waste resources simply by killing those who have zero chance of ever becoming true Sith - you'd put them to use one way or the other. How better but in the Trooper ranks?

Qae Shena

Super Shaper Puppy!
Hehe. I'd see a Master out on the front as a major force multiplier - battle meditation, telekinesis, barriers, stealth, etc. I may have to sit down with a group of Sith and plan it out, though?

Tirdarius said:
I think it'd be great. Besides, we have to do something with those unsuitable for elevation to the full Sith ranks but yet still have Force ability. So, perhaps a trooper with some low-level abilities, like Danger Sense, other basic sensory abilities, perhaps very rudimentary Telekinesis. Don't imagine we'd waste resources simply by killing those who have zero chance of ever becoming true Sith - you'd put them to use one way or the other. How better but in the Trooper ranks?
I would say so, and probably be elevated to batallion or regimental level officers as well. Majors and the ilk , considering their battle prowess would inspire the lesser beings in their ranks.

My thoughts exactly, Arumi.

As for that, Allaina, you'd imagine any Sith Lord might do that in combination with the troops under their command, but remain independent of the trooper ranks. I have a hard time seeing one actually serving down there in the ranks, since Troopers are subject to the command of the Sith Lords and the Dark Council - a Master in their ranks would thus be subordinate to those who would otherwise be peers.

Qae Shena

Super Shaper Puppy!
A fair call and a highly valid point! May have to re-think it, or lower the rank to fit. Hmmm. Ideas, ideas everywhere. I love RPing troopers, it's just so much fun.

Qae Shena

Super Shaper Puppy!
I may drag the nearest available person to IM. Would it be a fair stretch to say that there's a Sith candidate, potentially given a lightsaber, and thrown at the front lines?

Yes, no, yes. If you throw a candidate into the field to test their abilities, you don't waste potentially valuable technology. Plus it's always best to deprive a candidate of the familiar, so forcing them to use whatever they can obtain. A lightsaber is a Sith's weapon, and no candidate would rate one, not until they'd proven themselves worthy of carrying one.

Qae Shena

Super Shaper Puppy!
*nods* I'm just deciding, based on this, if I want to transfer a Knight or start afresh, essentially. The potential original idea was an expeditionary force with a ship blah blah blah, headed up by a Sith. Though, the idea of someone aspiring to be a Sith but wanting to just get out there and fight is a cool idea, too.

Qae Shena

Super Shaper Puppy!
I might transfer a Knight over. Implies he's had some training and is on his field test, so to speak, before they give him a lightsaber and a bigger command?

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
I'm way late on this, but as for lightsabers to troopers I made a Sith Sword with the intention of it being used by NFU's and it approved by the factory. Look at "Scylla". It has some weaknesses, but it's pretty dang strong. Kaine has made a near if not full arsenal of guns and other soldier stuff for the Empire. Feel free to PM me if you want me to make an item for you though, a good bit of my char is forging and I'd love to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom