Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Duel Sith Civil War: Sentry The Defiant [Darth Maliphant vs Mordecai Zambrano]

UbrUCeJY_o.png

Now be defiant, the lion
Give them a fight that will open their eyes
Hangman hooded, softly swinging
Don't close the coffin yet
I'm alive
I'm alive

I will now bleed for what I believe in
No more mistakes for them to make for me

So goodbye, it's my time to be
To be me

Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean

Sith-Imperial Seventh Fleet
Holding in position: Orbit of Thule
Now Playing:
Key Entity Extraction V: Sentry The Defiant

"I grow very weary of all of this waiting around, Lord Zambrano. Especially on something loosely based on a snippet of military intelli-"

"Admiral," a hard gaze cut him off, "I am very sure of it. A military man such as yourself should already be accustomed to waiting around. Now please, carry on with the deployment of reinforcements to the garrison. I fear we are already short on time."

Admiral Tiberius returned the look, pondering a sardonic response for a second. Luckily, he thought better of it, turning to hide his distaste and leaving the Sith Lord alone on the bridge. Recent military and administrative changes had already worked to sever what semblance of order and authority that the Legion and Armada had worked so hard to achieve. Now the Admirals and Generals had somehow grown spines all of a sudden, lecturing Lords and Knights of their oh-so noble positions in the nascent hierarchy. Many of Mordecai's brothers and sisters were apt to graciously put them in their place, though his own sweet-talking and connections had secured a sizable force to assist him with this task.

It required much more manpower than just he and his praetorians.

Darth Maliphant and his own troupe of clowns and deceivers were en route, or so the source said. All this way just to steal a little key in the Sith Temple on the world, with promises of even more splendor and treasures sealed behind a vault somewhere else in the galaxy. An apostate, a liar, and a cheater. He and his own had backed the growing resistance in the Sith Empire, aiding those that dared to plunge the empire into chaos once more - all of it to simply see someone else on the throne.

Mordecai numbly toyed at the kyber crystal necklace hanging at his chest, thoughts wandering to home. This was not a conflict he cared for at all.

It threatened everything he had worked so hard to secure: the safety of his family. The Jedi and their Republic didn't target civilians or use them as pawns in war, though Mordecai feared someone would set their sights on him before long. Innocent lives lost because someone wanted a title. Words set before their name on a plaque for all of the galaxy to see. Oh, how he pitied their delusions of grandeur. Though the sad fact of that didn't comfort him whatsoever. Carly and the rest of his estate had already began moving, to a place far safer than they'd be at the capital.

"I'll be home soon," he whispered.

Dropping out of Hyperspace...
The Emperor’s brother wasn’t wrong - for all that he was worth. His military intelligence had given him plenty of information that Maliphant was coming, and he was, but the words in the report, of fleets and armies, of Sith of every color coming to break down his walls? They were altogether too wrong. A harsh alarm broke what silence Mordecai had to contemplate, and in the distance, a man cried out quick -​
Sir, something is coming out of hyperspace!”, he offered the Sith Royalty, but his face went from sudden, professional acknowledgment to a rapid confusion as he tried to splice what his sensors were telling him.​
Its… a fleet? Something is wrong, it looks like one ship, but its…”​
His words would be drowned out by what Mordecai would hear - or sense, in every metaphysical way he could. The Force lurched, and a terrible, bassy echo seemed to shake the planet and its core to the bone; but the man before him seemed unmoved, as though he couldn’t hear it. His lips moved, spoke words that Mordecai could not hear - would not hear, even as he turned to look at the Zambrano.​
Flashes of its eyes would appear before the Sith Lord, massive and red - a thousand and more as undulating tentacles twisted beneath a black cloud, and lightning coursed through the space around them. Another call from the void, and Mordecai would almost feel that terrifying urge to bow; to know what true, unadulterated terror would feel like as this ‘thing’ approached. Yet, as he could find his bearings, he would notice something all the worse -​
His men were beginning to hear it too.​
Insanity, rabid and unending madness had descended on Thule as the mere presence of the beast; and it edged ever closer. Constant, foreboding, and inexorable - it approached, and with every mile, it came closer, another hundred men would begin to pull their sidearms, their knives, even their pencils - and strike out at their fellow man. By presence alone, Maliphant had begun to strike a blow to the defense of Thule - and aboard the leviathan, he crossed his arms and grinned, basking in the cruelty of what was to come.​
The Zambrano would not hear him directly, but he would sense his words from even that distance -​
I’ve come for the key.”, and Mordecai would know exactly what he meant, the pillar entrusted to him that held the information of the Hidden Empire in its depths.​

The startled cry of a report from his signals officer was more than enough to raise his brow. Mordecai was already starting for the display readout - a large, singular mass gravity field making a mockery of his original beliefs. A single ship rather than something comparable to what he'd brought, though that was far from the worst of it. A sinister feeling fell upon the world of Thule like an invisible, rabid animal. A sort of infection that clawed and ate away at minds, turning friends into foes alike.

Mordecai frowned deeply. Golden eyes wafted over his command bridge, watching as formerly professional officers turned into destitute, vile representations of their former selves. Though there were few with strong enough minds and wills to resist, namely himself and his personal retinue remained unaffected. It was the perk of being epicanthix. Though, it provided a perfect opportunity to get back at someone.

Lord Admiral Tiberius. The man was being held back like a baying, rabid animal by some of the praetorians. Eyes wild and mouth frothing, he clutched an ornamented service blade in his hand and screamed for the death of his enemies - namely Mordecai. Before his men had an ample opportunity to put him down like the dog he was, the Sith Lord raised a hand and set them at ease.

"Come, Tiberius, let me show you how much I appreciate your service."

A guttural, animalistic scream echoed through the command deck as the crazed man charged. Mordecai mercifully allowed the man to get a glimpse of victory, letting him get within inches of him. That was just prior to the snap-hiss of his blade and a freshly severed head toppling to the ground. As quickly as he'd fallen, the rest of his sane and able men quickly cleaned up the corpse and its missing head.

Another probing came. This time it was far more subtle: gentle and curious, as if wanting to whisper sweet nothings into his ear. Reluctantly he lowered his defenses just a tag.

I've come for the key.
"You've come to the wrong place, my boy." He said to nobody in particular. "You will only find death and disappointment."

Mordecai shot a look at his able-bodied and sane men. "Ready my ship. We make for the surface in five minutes."

The words passed through the ether with quiet confidence; one that Maliphant could appreciate as the council of Dark Lords struggled to keep the ship working as it was meant to. One man began to sweat with arms raised, focused on a central pillar that poked out into the ship. In reality, it went on for a thousand meters into the creature’s back; and help them focus their energies on controlling it - much to their own appreciation.​
Maliphant glided a finger across the Sith’s forehead - forcing a momentary break in concentration as the Lord glances up to Maliphant. Giving little more than a cruel smile, the alabaster Sith offered only a few dangerous words -​
Don’t lose control.”​
And the beast would edge ever closer to Thule - and ever closer it came, the more the planet would begin to face the carnage of what was to come. Pure chaos would help stop a coordinated, large scale response - and would protect the leviathan as it neared the defenses of the planet. The first ships, picket corvettes and cruisers were the first to face its wrath as massive tentacles lumbered out of the dark clouds to wrap around them - pulling them back into the abysmal darkness as it came ever closer.​
Maliphant stood in the hanger - and the ship he had prepared for himself was fully automated; capable of working without a live crew, who would no doubt be affected by the mere strength of the Leviathan. A few steps on it, and he let the door close -​
Ready to go to the surface?”, Cybele asked through the speakers.​
I am. Follow the Zambrano - no doubt he intends to protect the Key itself amidst the Chaos.”, he mused as the engines began to rev up.​

The Star Destroyer he resided upon, the Purveyor, was all but lost to the void. Animalistic and rabid crewmembers, insanity-driven stormtroopers, and otherwise "very poor" working conditions had seen it sail its last voyage. As Lord Zambrano and the rest of his praetorians quickly released themselves from the bowels of this great mechanical beast, a final farewell was given. It would not die in vain - its captain was already going down with the ship. Even in death, Admiral Tiberius would make a name for himself and his great empire.

Sublight thrusters were already powered to full. The solar ionization core had been overheated for the past five minutes. The ship's autopilot functionality was sending it straight to its doom: right towards whatever horrific leviathan was befalling Thule. All other vessels afflicted by its curse were directed to do the same - if they still had any crew that had managed to stave off its bestial powers. Mordecai reckoned not many had survived the initial onslaught.

Their lives would not be in vain. He would make sure of it.

"Legion Commander, we are ready." Centurion Severus reported, clad in his resplendent crimson armor. Dozens of them were ready to embark on what could perhaps be their final deployment.

Mordecai turned to them. Their war droids were ready, their blades sharp, their weapons and equipment spotless and ready.

"Attention, lads! A brave man tastes death once, a coward - a thousand times over. We have already spilled apostate blood and we know they bleed as we do.

"Ready!" The helmet clutched in his hand came to his head, engulfing his vision in darkness. "On me!"

The command reverberated throughout the small landing vessel. Rhaegos was there, as pestilent and angry as ever. It only took mere seconds to mount him as the landing bay doors opened in high atmosphere. Dozens of red-clad warriors on similar mounts lined alongside the pair. Rifles and swords at the ready, peering down at the world's surface as if they were here to conquer it all over again.

"Move!"

And they dropped, spilling out and descending upon the world.

The planet was not fairing much better as they’d soon find out. Off the beast’s terrifying presence, many and more had begun a planetary holocaust against their fellow imperial. Animals, dogs, beasts of every make and size turned on their master - and the Imperial Citizens and soldiers without the capacity to resist mental intrusion did much the same; a dog one and all of them.​
Turning into a battlefield, Mordecai would be subjected to a conquest once more - and Maliphant would no doubt follow him into the darkness. He hummed ever so slightly as ships were wrapped in the elongated tentacles of the beast - and disappeared into its gaping smoke disguised maw. It hungered as its namesake and ate until it was fat.​
A dark, bassy echo began to reverberate across the planet’s surface at the presence of the leviathan - a groan of its stomach as it ate the durasteel and impervium hulls of the Empire’s fleet.​
Maliphant’s ship lifted off from the hanger - and the carefully crafted hull of the vessel allowed him a mere moment to acclimate himself to the darkness the beast exuded. He may have made it - but its effects were tangible even on him; even if it was made from his own flesh and blood. He sighed, letting those thoughts pass and the ship began to race towards the surface of the planet - and for a moment he considered the death toll on Thule.​
An unneeded amount. The weapon he had made was a terrifying abomination - but it would do its job. He had no armies, no public allies yet; so he had to use whatever means necessary to get an advantage in this war effort. A scowl fell on his face as he let his hood shake ever so slightly in front of his face - the transport breaking atmosphere with terrible speed. When it slowed, and the gates opened, Maliphant walked from its depths and let himself fall towards the surface.​
Slowed by the Force, he would land gently, looking amidst the chaos, smoke, and rubble for his key.​

Polar opposites collided. A man of esoteric wealth and knowledge, craving power and glory unimaginable to even the most hedonistic of Sith. A man of reality, of physical prowess and pledging to provide warmth and security for those that followed him. It was a rock and a hard place meeting for the first time, to see who would be the victor once and for all. A clash of titans.

Rhaegos shuddered beneath him, shaking off whatever wave of unease that had passed over. Between them was a Force Bond, forged over decades of time spent together. He doubted even his brother would've been able to penetrate it, much less whatever Maliphant's leviathan was radiating. For the rest of the denizens below: chaos. Pillars of smoke and fire erupted throughout the sparse settlements and cities, now pockmarked by an ever-growing electrical storm. Perfect weather for flying.

"Leave me!" His deep voice came through the comlink. "Stay within the temple. Let nobody pass."

As the small contingent of soldiers rocketed through the skies of Thule, all but one broke formation. Dozens of them hurled themselves towards the old temple itself, hurriedly rushing inside to erect and awaken whatever defenses it still contained.

Mordecai and Rhaegos landed at the entrance of the temple itself. Tucked snugly in a valley that offered only a single true point of entry. A speck in the sky growing closer was the telltale sign of his foe's arrival, with dust kicking up at the end of the valley. The Sith Lord eased out of the saddle, dropping to the ground with a weighty thunk. His companion sniffed the air hard, snarling. Wisps of smoke curled from his nostrils as his body shifted, poised to rip and tear.

"Hold." His master cooed.

Stepping over the few bodies laid in the streets, Maliphant’s robes hung loose on him - and the hood hid his face as he came ever closer to Mordecai’s position. The dragon behind him was bristling, hardy and powerful in its immaculate form - and Maliphant could appreciate its alchemization for even the moment it stood before him. He imagined that when he returned from this planet, he would even make one for himself - a homage to a culture and world he hardly knew.​
Another step over newly formed rubble and Maliphant was within distance to speak - a heavy sword on his back, and two lightsabers on hip. In the distance, the sound of an explosion - and the collective screams of a hundred voices were raised then silenced only a moment later; but the updraft of wind before them exposed Maliphant’s face for the moment, and Mordecai would be privy to his uncanny, confident smirk.​
Zambrano.”, he mused, his gaze glancing up to the dragon next to him.​
You know why I’ve come - so make this easy. The sooner you hand it over, the sooner my child -”, he said with a motion to the sky, where the outline of his abomination began to devour the military space station in orbit.​
-leaves your planet, and it can lick its wounds.”​
Maliphant slowly put out a hand, as though he expected Mordecai to simply oblige him.​

The stench of spreading, corrupting death was not something he was unaccustomed to. A man who had lived as long as he did in his line of work either perished of his own mental trappings or learned how to thrive and grow within it. His heart still beat to this day, if that was saying anything - and it would continue to beat long after this distasteful little act passed. No more flamboyant ex-Sith and their creatures traipsing about their worlds, no more insolent traitors wishing death upon them, and no more weakness.

Mordecai frowned at The Slave's words, running an easy hand through his long locks. As if this meeting were all too common and fair.

The Sith Lord smiled and fingered at the lightsaber hanging at his side. "It's not too late for you to turn around, Slave. Nor is it too late for you to switch sides and join my brother and I. I'm sure he'd be more than happy to share what lies in the vault with your loyalty in his pocket."

A blatant lie. Carnifex wouldn't give an Akk dog's sheb about Maliphant's flimsy words and promises. Yet the words did grant enough time for Mordecai to let his eyes roll over his opponent's weapons, his instruments of death.

Beside him, Rhaegos shuddered with excitement. Unbridled aggression hid behind those sun-hued eyes, just begging for a chance to sink his claws into soft, supple flesh. His master had already removed his blade from its clasp, firmly held in his hand yet not alight just yet.

"I figure you've already made your mind though," he dryly mused as the snap-hiss of his saber rang out.

‘The Slave’ curled his lips into a frown, and then bared teeth in disgust at the petty insults Mordecai imparted on him. A hand unclipped the lightsaber from his belt as Maliphant began to speak;​
A crude name, and a poor offer.”, he sighed as glanced to the dragon - bristling and waiting to strike out the moment Mordecai gave the command. A shame he would have to kill such a magnificent beast - and as his gaze came back to Mordecai, his frown had turned to a smile.​
You know, for a Zambrano - you’re pretty smart. Very astute of your to know I already made up my mind.”, he chuckled as he lifted a hand into the air - and before Rhaegos could be given a command to charge him, the Force began to hold the beast down many times the force of Gravity - as though the dragon’s muscle weighed more like lead.​
It would at least keep Maliphant safe from a two front assault.​
In the same motion, he lifted off his back foot and ignited his own blade - sending it rushing upwards towards Mordecai’s leg; scarring the ground from the movement. The blade on his back shifted ever so slightly from its sheathe - but didn’t release just yet.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom