Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Sisters of a Different Kind

Niamh Raste

N
Corulag was a different sort of world to her. It reminded her of Aurion, but it was different in its eclectic mix of alien lifeforms. Mostly it was heavily populated by humans, but there were a large number of non-humans among them. It was interesting watching the different species. She'd seen a lot over the years, but usually in small settings and not in such a big area where they mixed and intermingled without any animosity or issue. Perhaps there was some truth to what people said about her own species and their xenocentrism. She did inherently believe that Echani were the superior race in the galaxy, but she still respected other races. That wasn't true of all members of her species. Many showed absolute disdain for the other species, and even for their own species just because of some minor genetic differences.

Which reminded her that she needed to do something about that.

Either way, she'd been on Corulag to drop off four Monsterjäger-class Droid's to the Galactic Alliance for their use in whatever endeavor they saw fit. There were plenty of foes out there waging war with giant beasts, be they Sithspawn or natural it didn't much matter. The point was to show some good faith between the Echani and the Alliance. They were on the same side in the galaxy, the way she saw it, and she wanted some assurance that they wouldn't take it out on her people if they got expansionist and aggressive. One of the best ways she knew to do that was to get in their good graces. It was the same thing she had done with the NIO. She had no qualms with either government, though she was far leerier of the NIO than she was of the Alliance. The former had enough of a Sith presence within their numbers to make her cautious.

Before leaving Corulag she decided to take a stroll through the capital city, wanting to see what it was like as she rarely ever ventured to core worlds, especially ones that had been colonized by the Coruscanti. She was flanked on either side by a Project Hardfiber droid, as she usually was when she went out. Today, though, she was wearing a simple, but functional, business suit along with her circlet. While she'd turned over EIC to her cousin, she was still technically the owner of the company, and the decision to give some of the droids to the GA had been done both in that role and the role of Queen.

She paused outside of what appeared to be some sort of Caf Bar, and watched the people within for a moment, wondering just what they were thinking, and how they could be focused on such a trivial thing as a drink when war raged in the galaxy.

Roxana Cere

Roxana Cere

R
Suffering was an abundant commodity among the galaxy, but not equal among those that distribute it. Roxana couldn't help but feel guilty for the losses happening among the stars at the current moment. War was waged, and the price was being paid in blood; memories came to the forefront of the Jedi's mind like an ocean crashing against a shore, reminding her of everything she too had lost to the ravenous nature of the Sith. Her eyes were overtaken by contemplation as she stared listlessly into her cup of caf. She was tired - tired of everything, but that was not an excuse. Her armor weighed down on her shoulders with the pressure of being idle, something which she was not used to, yet it was a request asked of her to rest and step away from battle.

Regaining her awareness of her current situation, the Jedi Guardian glanced around at the patrons of the Caf Bar and saw that somehow, people were still able to crack a smile or enjoy one another's company. A slight smile spread over her lips as she went back to looking at the contents inside her cup, raising it to her mouth and taking a small sip of the warm yet comforting substance. One day she would find herself back in the thick of conflict, but until then, she would look back on the events that brought her to where she is today. She wouldn't - couldn't forget the things torn away from her, and she refused to let it all go.

As much pain as it brought, it was a catalyst for the ambition she harbored and the drive to keep hope alive, to keep pushing forward no matter how difficult. Upon sensing the arrival of someone new to the cafe, Roxana craned her neck and caught a glimpse of the figure. An inquisitive curiosity took over her moment of brooding as she watched the newly arrived woman. "Coming to dampen your thoughts in some caf? Regardless, it's always interesting to see a new face."

Niamh Raste

Niamh Raste

N
She had stepped in, intent on at least observing the momentary happiness people seemed to obtain in the place. It was a curiosity, just as the woman seated nearby had stated. Niamh hadn't immediately looked at her, though she shook her head in disagreement. She hadn't come to drown herself in her thoughts. That was easy enough to do on the ride back to Eshan.

"Observing," she said. "Most seem happy, but when they leave this place I think reality will reign them in. It's a curiosity."

Stepping to the side, she instructed her droids to move to a position where they would be out of the way. It didn't matter where they were in the compact caf bar because it would take them mere seconds to identify a threat and move to stop it. Unbeknownst to her they'd already assessed the woman she'd spoken to and determined what she was. Because of past grievances, one of them was watching her while the other maintained observation of the surroundings. Thyrsians and Echani had a rough history despite being the same species. Especially lately as a rogue element had subjugated Thyrsus until they were quashed by the Thyrsians, something she needed to investigate.

Finally she turned to look at the woman and her eyes flashed a bit of surprise before settling once again. This was most certainly a Thyrsian. Though she'd never met one in person, largely as a result of being abroad during most of the Echani and Thyrsian conflicts, she had no doubt that they were kin. She tilted her head ever so slightly and contemplated this turn of events, but after only a moment she motioned to the chair opposite the woman.

"May I join you?"

Roxana Cere

Roxana Cere

R
Roxana regarded the woman with a stern expression as she had more time to study her features - this was most certainly an Echani. Given the history between Thyrsians and Echani in general, a slight sinking feeling antagonized the Jedi's gut as she cleared any preconceived judgement from her mind. Replacing the stoicism for once with a more warm and welcoming expression, Roxana nodded to the woman, making note of the droids and specifically the one that seemed to be ever watchful. "Feeling anxious, perhaps? Can't say I've seen anyone casually stroll in while being accompanied by droids." Drinking from her cup once more, maintaining her wits about the circumstance at hand.

While never having personally partook in the conflicts between the sibling species, Roxana had always heard of the tensions that ranged anywhere from civilian disputes to more dire political agendas; however, her life was lived elsewhere: upon the planet of Alderaan, she once lived with her family and children until one fateful evening that would fracture and dismember the Jedi's life forevermore. Admittedly she was a shell of her former self, a less than lively soul that couldn't truly reclaim a semblance of happiness. She felt angry more than anything, yet that would prove nothing and would only weaken her mind furthermore.

Roxana shifted in her seat and adjusted herself, adopting a more disciplined posture as she continued to study the woman.

Niamh Raste

Niamh Raste

N
"My cousin has insisted upon it," she said as she took a seat. "Ever since I became Queen he's become protective in ways he never was when I was his boss."

The way she casually spoke of her title might put others off, and that might have been her intention, but she doubted it would phase the Thyrsian to find out she was sitting across from the leader of the Echani. Just as it wouldn't have phased her if she'd found she was sitting across from the leader of the Thyrsians, though she was quite aware that this wasn't him. Unfortunate though that was, she had a feeling that if she ever got to speak with their leader it would be quite the tense affair, what with the accusations that abounded. She didn't much care for the allegations, she knew they weren't true just as she knew neither Janira Fenni or Spencer Jacobs would ever have troubled themselves to invade Thyrsus.

"Forgive me. I am Niamh Raste, Jedi Master and Queen of the Echani."

She offered her hand across the table in a manner meant for a firm handshake, not beckoning for her to demean herself. It was an attempt to great her sister as an equal. This feuding of the past, to her, was useless and she wanted no part of it.

"Don't worry about the droids. So long as you don't try and kill me they won't do anything."

Roxana Cere

Roxana Cere

R
Queen of the Echani in the flesh, right before her eyes. Roxana would've never assumed the woman held such a claim otherwise, but then again she was never one to assume anything without having cold hard facts to back up her sentiment. Instead of giving in to the history that was publicly known to virtually all of the galaxy's inhabitants, Roxana swallowed her own pride and simply looked upon the woman before her as a person. There was little reason to delve into the notion of showering one's self with pity over atrocities committed by forefathers and cousins alike, as it was also against her duty as a Jedi to hold grudges. "Roxana Cere, Guardian of the Galactic Alliance." Reciprocating the handshake, the Jedi assured her grip was firm as to gesture that she was a woman of her word, and that nonsense wouldn't be accepted.

"There will be no violence here, that I can assure you. No need to cause unrest among those trying to enjoy their caf."

Roxana glanced down at her now empty cup, motioning to a nearby barista for a refill. "Do explain to me, Miss Raste, why are you here? Even stranger to me is the fact you've come guarded by only droids. Do you feel confident in your abilities should a circumstance arise abruptly?"

Niamh Raste

Niamh Raste

N
"Pleasure to meet you," she said as she shook the woman's hand.

A Thyrsian serving as a Jedi among the alliance was odd, in her mind. So many of the ones she'd heard about had been in service to the darksiders of the galaxy. How strange it was to find one of her kind siding with a particular government rather than serving as a mercenary. In some ways she kind of felt a little awestruck by it. This was an opportunity that couldn't be wasted, however. When was the next time she would get the chance to sit one on one with a Thyrsian? Likely never. The propaganda and the like being bandied about by her people damaged almost any ability to achieve a lasting peace between their people. Perhaps that was what they wanted. It was hard to say.

She couldn't help but laugh a little at the comment about confidence.

"I take it you've never faced one of Eshan Industrial's droids in combat before?"

It was a little bit of braggery since, until her ascension to Queen, she'd been the CEO of the company. Now it was in her cousin's hands, though should she ever retire from being Queen she could certainly return to her old position. She'd combat tested several of the droid models herself. They were nothing to underestimate, even for her.

"It's not overconfidence. The droids are exceptional at what they do and my own skills aren't lacking, but I expect little trouble on an Alliance world. As for why I'm here, I was making a delivery of four special droids to the alliance. I imagine they'll come in handy next time the Alliance faces a battle with the Sith or Bryn'adul, or anyone else fielding great beasts.

"But enough of why I'm here, what brings you to this little caf bar?"

Roxana Cere

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom