Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Singing in the rain while lounging in a tree.

Xander shook his head.

"None of that rings a bell."

He shrugged.

"They were too busy telling me I was to old and chastising me for my past." "Don't know any codes, tenets, and no idea what this Form.........................Zero is."

He sighed.

"I will tell you the same thing I tell everyone else." "I do what I know."

"I can't really be expected to do something I don't know can I?"

[member="Ella Nova"]

[member="Xander Stanforth"]

"Form Zero is a practice, where the Jedi try to use alternative means to diffuse a situation, without the use of violence. For example, if we were faced with someone who was wanted for questioning, we would convince them to come with us, without having to hurt or use physical force on them, in order to get them to come with us."

"Drawing your lightsaber should be the last thing you should think of. However, the Jedi should always be used to use their lightsaber, if necessary. Form Zero is determined by a few things. It relies on the Jedi's judgement. The situation. And what the Force tells us. If we sense that we are in imminent danger, then of course your lightsaber should be used."

"You can't be expected to do something you don't know. But now you know, right?" She gave him a grin.

Xander looked at her quizzically.

"You want to send diplomats into a war and hope to win?" "Tell me something Ella...............would your enemy show the same restraint, the same courtesy?"

His tone was not mocking in the slightest. He truly wanted to know. It didn't make sense to him to fight a war by asking your adversary to politely lay down their weapon and come peacefully.

"Follow up question." "Is knowing something and knowing how to apply it the same thing?"

Xander sat back down in front of [member="Ella Nova"] his hands resting on his knees.

| [member="Xander Stanforth"] |

Ella re-positioned herself against the tree, so that she could speak with Xander directly. She said: "If a diplomatic course could be reached with the One Sith, then it would have to be taken, if it meant the end of the war. But a diplomatic course cannot be taken because the Sith do not wish to engage in one. So we are only left with war."

"But if we are put in a scenario when we are faced with a Sith Lord, then we should always try to get them to lay down their weapons and surrender. We should only draw our weapons on them as a last resort; and their murder can only be done when they become too much of a danger to be captured or if they cannot be stopped, other than with their death."

"Death can be sad, but you must understand that people like the Sith are suffering. The Jedi try to end suffering, by creating peace. Look at Form Zero was a way of creating that peace through other means. Learn that if you are forced to kill a Sith- as a last resort- then you are restoring peace to their lives, as they have become one with the Force."

"For a Jedi to kill, then it must be done in the service of protecting others. But we should never have the intention to kill until it becomes the last resort. To do so is to violate the code, our mandate and the Force itself. To kill is to rip the very fabric of the Force. It is an abomination."

"To know what Form Zero is and to practice it are too very different things, yes. Only through practice and understanding, can you learn how to apply Form Zero to a multitude of situations. You have already begun the journey to learn how to apply Form Zero; and you will discover other techniques, that shall let you become a Jedi and a peacekeeper."

Xander listened to [member="Ella Nova"] as she talked.

"Yes but at what point does diplomacy cease to be an option and combat become the only recourse." "You say you should only draw a saber as a last resort." "Where does the line of last resort start?"

He paused.

"When your opponent draws their weapon or when they attack." "Further more what is the purpose between distinguishing between Guardian, Healer, Diplomat, Shadow if one must apparently if I understand your point correctly be all of them at once?"

He looked thoughtful for a moment.

"Let me put it this way." "If a killer kicks in your front door who would you rather have at your side." "The negotiator or the Soldier?"

"I would prefer neither."

But she would entertain his scenario. "If it was obvious that the killer could not be reasoned with, then I would prefer the soldier. But if the killer could be reasoned with- if they were simply there because they wanted something that wasn't my life- then I would prefer the diplomat. It is all determined by the situation and your judgement. It is never as clear cut as you make it out to be. The Jedi must know that not every killer is there to kill someone for simply the kill and they know that not every kill is there to gain anything other than your life."

"The last resort begins when all other options have been explored. Let us go back to your scenario. If I know the killer is there to simply kill me, then I will draw my lightsaber to defend myself because there is no other option. They cannot be reasoned with or persuaded not to attack me. Using my skills, I will attempt to disarm the killer, subdue and then capture him. But if his skills match my own and it becomes obvious that I cannot disarm, subdue or stop him, then I must resort to murder because the life of a Jedi is important to the grand scheme of things. We cannot simply throw our lives away and allow someone to kill us, because that allows that person to target and hurt others after we have died. We must ensure that the threats we confront are nullified."

"But if the killer can be reasoned with. If he can be persuaded, bribed, coerced- anything to stop him from hurting me- then I will use it. If he is there to simply take my credits, then I will let him take them. If he is there for information, then I will tell him. If he wanted to kill me for some reason, but could be persuaded to do otherwise, then I will use that because these options are better than me drawing my lightsaber and engaging him in a physical confrontation, that could hurt either of us."

"And you must understand Xander, that the Jedi is both the soldier and the diplomat. If the killer can be persuaded not to kill me, then he must be persuaded and he must be persuaded to lay down his weapons and accept the consequences of his actions. And if he cannot, then he must be nullified as a threat. If I can put him in prison, then this is better than me ending his life."

"Form Zero is about finding the best solution to the problem and only you can discover the best solution, by the use of your training and the Force itself. There are techniques that are taught to Jedi, that allows them to calm the mind of another. To trick them into doing the right thing. There are more tools available to a Jedi, to stop the threat of the One Sith, than an army, weapons and so on, just as there is with the individuals you will confront in the name of peace."

"Undoubtedly, it is difficult. But you have taken a vow to the Jedi Order. A vow not easily broken. Our life is one of sacrifice. We take solace in the peace we create. That there is one less threat to others. That we have done something good."

Xander smiled.

"See what you did there?"

He paused.

"You said Murder." "Is it murder to kill somebody trying to kill you?" "Or is it self defense?" "The two things are not one in the same."

He chuckled.

"You are also incorrect in one thing." "I have taken no vow to the Jedi or anything else." "Remember nobody wants to train me." "Officially I am simply a guest of the order that has not left yet."

He pulled out the training saber setting it down in front of her.

"People just assume if you are here you must belong here so it is not hard at all to use the rooms and equipment of the Academy."

He stood with a smile leaving the saber on the ground at her feet.

"Diplomats don't win wars [member="Ella Nova"] and they don't prevent the things in your visions." "I am not a Soldier Ella, I am a protector of the weak, guardian of the defenseless." "You and people like Master Whitelight can hide behind the force, healing, and your diplomacy."

He gave her a soft bow.

"It was nice meeting you Ella." "If you wish to speak again you know where to find me."

Ella raised to her feet, as Xander stood up. She gave him a searching look, before saying. "Regardless, you have been given a talent that not many receive. The Force is a blessing, Xander. I hope that one day, you embrace the way of the Jedi."

"I shall remember you. I want you to know that the council has given go ahead for a task force to be assembled. Perhaps if you see the results of being a Jedi, then you might begin to embrace the code and learn to follow the mandate."

"May the Force be with you, Xander."

Bowing her upper body, Ella looked up at the man. She hoped he would find his way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom