Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Simplicity

Tython
Forest Near The Temple

There was no armor, no bracers,and no glove to cover his prosthetic forearm. The pair of electrum covered lightsabers sat on a stone about five meters away from where he was standing, reflecting the afternoon sun off of them. A light breeze threw leaves on to the shore, and into the water. Bare feet were covered in sand and water, his trousers rolled up to his knees as he stood out in the water. Any galactic concerns and missions were being shelved for the moment,and even the events on Tython weren't on the warriors mind. Instead, he was simply out on the edge of one of the many beautiful lakes adjusting the bait on his hook. Organic and mechanical hands worked in tandem as he set the bait, and with a flick of his wrist he cast his line far out from shore and watched as the floater just sat there for a little bit.

He wouldn't get any bites, the fish were on other end of the lake. Through the Force, he could feel these things in his field of responsibility. It didn't matter, he just wanted to be left alone for a while. All his normal possessions were far away, and he stood simply in a white shirt and some brown trousers. This was Darron Wraith the man, everything else could wait for a few hours while he fished. Wraith's senses were closed down, but he had left a note in the new GrandMaster's office upon his return. There was much to discuss with his old friend, and Darron needed to apologize for not being on Tython during the attack.

Or for being around much at all lately.

Reeling the line in was an exercise in patience, and his presence was alerted to the man who could hide from anyone if he so wished. "There's another rod on the stone next to my gear. The bait is in a box there too, will you bring me another...brother?"

@Je'gan Olra'en

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
He tossed @[member="Darron Wraith"] the requested bait and sat down at the water's edge, putting his hat on a rock. The line snaked out over the water at an improbable angle -- all detail work, no telekinesis.

"We should have done this a long time ago," he said. "I've been needing to pick your brain. About how you keep from eviscerating the Senate, about how you kept Syn in line, about how to manage this Empire treaty. I'm in the tall grass, brother. Can't be helped, but I'd like to hear your take on it all the same."

@Je'gan Olra'en's toss hit home, and Darron deftly caught the bait. Quickly reeling his line in, he set to task on putting the bait on. "Apparently the fish on Tython like to nibble then swim off until the bait falls off. I fear they are getting too smart for a brute like myself." Another flick of the wrist, and he walked back on the shore line before jamming the end of the rod into the sand. Quickly covering it up, he simply enjoyed being away from everything. "You're right, but we don't take breaks like these. If we aren't out doing what's right, everyone else doesn't get to do this." That was as far a cry from the usual pontification that could happen when Jedi assembled over their duties, but it was what they did at the core of it. If only I understood all of this so long ago, would I still be here? Would I have made it to old age, or still be frozen? His own questions were nothing when Je'gan actually asked him something.

Wraith turned to regard his oldest friend.

"You're really asking the man who had to walk away because he was emotionally compromised? Because he couldn't handle knowing that duty and civilization meant more than the woman he cared for? Okay brother, you can have what little I can offer." He momentarily leaned down and grabbed a stone, before standing up and tossing it between his hands a few times as he pondered his next words. "I'll start with Syn, keep him pointed in a direction where he can do the least harm. He's a creature older than most, but he means well in his attempts. He makes mistakes, and he plays a game that I don't understand nor try to. Watch him, or I will." The pebble passed through his hands some more before continuing. "The treaty with the Empire is easy, we serve the Republic. Respect it, but do what you can to save the most lives. If it's shadow operations you must conduct, then do so. Just make sure we aren't the catalyst for a war, the Jedi are a shield...not the sword. It's not me you'd have to convince, it's the senate."

Another stone toss, another moment of reflection.

"Do what you will, I'm not your boss. You know how I feel about the Jedi, we shield them. Let them make mistakes, let them find their problems. If it's something that they can't perceive, we aide and assist. Jedi are not the government, and I've talked to Aleidis on this. She's under much stress, I won't see another from our Order thrust into that. We let them elect who they elect, and we do our best to protect them from all the outsiders would would see the galaxies best shot at a better society fail. We set the example, and watch as they stumble behind us in the hope that eventually they walk hand-in-hand with us."

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Je'gan's line dipped in the water, swayed with the end of the rod. Rather than fix the rod in the ground, he sat and just...waited.

"So there's little to be done but wait. So much of politics is like fishing. All about patience. As the old master said, I sat by the riverside and eventually the bodies of my enemies floated past.

"It's either that or intervene, and I don't know how to intervene, not in these situations. Oh, I could find Syn some kind of assignment..." He trailed off. "You told me once about how my granddaughter kept the Empire in line by putting its strongest voices in charge of expansion, then putting more reliable people in charge of managing the territory they conquered. She took her loudest and most capable rivals and just...got them to run invasions for her. Sirella Valkner with the Perlemian, Tirdarius with the Braxant -- was that you that was telling me about that? I'm more than half tempted to send Syn off to pacify a region, forge a relationship with a nation, achieve some long-term goal."

@Je'gan Olra'en's first statement caught Darron off-guard, because it was the truth for ninety-nine percent of the galaxy. The other one percentile was who the Jedi Master spoke for, and it was from his heart. "Wrong my friend, that works for those who don't mind collateral damage. If atrocities happen, and we lay by and don't let anything happen, well I can't accept that. We become accomplices to the very act by our own inaction Je'gan, I won't be a murderer by default." Expressionless as always, that fire in his eyes started to rear it's head. They had had these talks when Darron had been a younger man, before he had been frozen, before he understood the gravitas of the situations they were in. Everything that had happened allowed him perspective, along with his experience as GrandMaster.

Like in a battle, Wraith came a little closer.

"I said to not be the catalyst, but we were given these gifts to do good. We aren't the rulers of the galaxy, nor will we ever be so long as my heart beats." That same stone kept being thrown between his hands, and he kept his eyes on the only true friend he had left that understood him. "You are bound now, and a public face. To the general public, I'm a warrior who is honorable. Most thought I died during Roche, then learned I hadn't. Since then, I've kept a very low profile. You have to keep everything above board, but if the situation needs the Order. Then it's no longer a situation for treaties, because the first mandate is to life and saving it. So if we are needed, you have to stay out of it and disavow that we helped. That, is what I'm saying."

A fish was nearing the bait, well at least Darron could feel that. Inching back towards his line, he chuckled a little bit at Je'gan's last suggestion. "So, you want to put someone you don't fully trust in place of being a representative for the Jedi? You want this person to lead conquest, to be an utmost paragon of everything we represent. That nearly amounts to Emperor Ardik marching that Darth Krypt- or Ithari. Whatever he is called up to the senate for diplomatic talks. It just doesn't work and is a bad idea. Your best bet with him would be looking for artifacts with a few Jedi you knew who could trust, and subdue him if necessary."

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
"Oh, I wasn't talking about sitting by and letting injustice happen unopposed. Not remotely. I was talking about the Republic's internal mess, and the Order's." He adjusted his seat. "Externally, there's no conflict between the treaty and the need to intervene when the first mandate is at stake. Oh, there should be, don't get me wrong, but such dilemmas don't factor me in."

Black eyes drifted, unfocused, squinted against the glare on the water. "If the Empire does something...very bad, I'll do something very deniable. White Current. I can intervene where the Order can't. That doesn't worry me. What concerns me is the internal matters, which is what I was talking about."

@Je'gan Olra'en

"White current all you want to Je'gan, lets be very honest with ourselves. I think the galaxy of Aleidis, and what you taught her, and the wisdom you imparted to her was amazing. Combine that with her own natural affinity for the Force, along with her own courage that I don't even fully fathom, well she's the best choice for Chancellor. Let's take our feelings out of the matter when it comes to that treaty. She bought peace for a time, and we know that nothing lasts forever in this galaxy. " The rock slid from his hands and back into the sand, his rod was shaking. Patience is what the man said, and it's got me a nibble it seems. Carefully, he pulled the rod out of the sand and slowly began to crank the lever to pull the line back to him.

There was no rush, the fish would be there if he took his time.

"All she managed in truth," he said in a soft tone as he watched the water", was to lengthen the fuse on the powder keg. It's still going to happen, it's just been delayed." The clicks from the reel were barely audible, but they helped Darron focus his thoughts. "As to the Order, you have the same dilemma everyone before you has faced. We're an order of Monastic Knights devoted to protect a far from ideal society that doesn't wholly trust us while following a code. We live a life of structure, of pain, of loss, and overcoming those things for the greater good. War is in the air, and people are struggling. This didn't magically happen overnight, you just have returned and are in a spot to see it all. The best you can do is be a guiding light, and hope they follow in your wake. This isn't a lightsaber strike based off poor footing you can deflect and take advantage of. Or an illusion you can conjure up, it's an arduous process. Just find those you trust and let them help you."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom