Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Silver's a good look on you (Loreena Arenais)

The Silver Rest,​
[member="Loreena Arenais"]
Er6tw3E.png
Kashyyyyk was a beautiful, and a busy world. Not solely due to the flourishing culture of the Wookies, but so too the residency of the Order of the Silver Jedi having moved there some time ago from the Planet Voss. Temple life for a prospective young Jedi was somewhat different to the life that Veiere's Daughter, Loreena Arenais had been brought into, though it was astonishingly similar to that which Veiere had been raised as a child, back before the days of holo-vision, as the younglings would tease. None the less, The Silver Rest was the topic and destination for today's adventure with the young Lori, hoping that she would take to it kindly, and that the Order of the Silver Jedi would look as welcoming to her, as they had been to Veiere since the dissolution of the Commenori Monarchy.

Unlike previous occasions, the Jaster's Sparrow would be the vessel slowly descending upon one of the Silver Rest's landing bay's, Veiere's Pheonix having already been present among the personnel fleet and starships of those going about their day-to-day. Lori had always done well for herself in her own pursuits, and her father wished to experience a bit more of her piloting skills, not just for his enjoyment but for her confidence too. He hadn't needed to advise her on anything, as most old men father's would try to do. It was easy to be proud of the young woman, even though she remained uncertain about the path Veiere had chosen for himself. With their Mother, [member="Kay Arenais"] behind bars, they all felt rather helpless, and incomplete without her. Veiere simply had become accustomed to disregarding his emotions, until a time that he could wear them on his exterior without negatively influencing another.

Disembarking from the vessel, Veiere stepped out into the fresh open air that was Kashyyyk. The view from the landing bay, spanning for miles with nothing but green and the odd hint of blue that was the odd river streamlining through the far off mountain-range. It felt good to be home...-Make no mistake, this was Veiere's home now. Free from the persecution or the accusing eyes of the Commenori populace; perhaps things there would blow over with time but everyone in the family had known how much Veiere missed the Jedi Lifestyle.

"Not such a bad looking place, no?".

Lori piloted the Jaster's Sparrow with such ease, one might've though that she'd been doing so since she was eight. Truth be told, she has had the ship for a year. It wasn't her first ship either. She also had a training fighter which spent most of it's time on Commenor.

She looked to [member="Veiere Arenais"] briefly, seeing if he was observing her at all, but he wasn't. One look at his knuckles showed her that he wasn't even holding a tight grip. Good!

The Temple soon came into view, rising out by the trees. Although unnatural in it's construction, it still seemed to somehow fit in with it's surroundings. Hmmm.

She brought Jaster's Sparrow down gently, and after powering her down, Lori unbuckled herself and got to her feet. The look on her Dad's face seemed to show that he was up to something. He knew something that she didn't. Which was a LOT of things, but it was moreso in the way of a parent taking their kid to a new school with promises of making friends and learning lots. Yeah...this was a lot like that.

Lori picked up her satchel on her way out, following in behind her Dad. "It's pretty. Makes me wonder if I can get away with scaling the towers with my jetpack."

"I would try not to act too...-Mandalorian, if I were you" Veiere chuckled softly under his breath as they began to make their way towards the entrance to the Silver Jedi Temple, "Unfortunately the Clan's haven't been kind towards the Jedi for quite a while now, and the Silver Jedi have taken the brunt of that bias" he explained further, remembering back to when he had called for allies and been surprised to somehow convince the Silver Jedi and the Empire to work together for the interests of Commenor. Then again, it was mostly Kane Australis and his people working independently of the Empire.

"The Silvers used to live on a world called Voss, but that's under the control of the Sith now, I believe" he continued, the pair of them walking into the large open hall that would split off into different directions leading to the training wing, residential wing, artisan wing and so on; "I was rather relieved when they positioned themselves near Commenor, it meant a larger presence of the light near our home-world and I figured it would help to encourage peace and stability in the sector. Seems I was right as we found out during the liberation of Commenor...-The Silver's were a valuable ally that were largely the cause of our victory that day" much like the New Republic and their fleet that had supported Veiere above orbit, taking apart the blockade and sending troops on through to clear the Sith out from the largest populated zones, before spreading further to cleanse the world of their presence.

"There's a very large number of Students that live here in the Dorms, and train here every day. Once they're assigned a Master, they're then sent out on missions by the Silver Assembly...-They act as the leaders of the Silver Order" Veiere smiled as he spoke, glad to have the company of [member="Loreena Arenais"] there within the Silver Jedi's heart and home-world.

"Too Mandalorian? What's that supposed to mean? They aren't the only ones that fly around on jetpacks you know. I made mine because I wanted to fly..." She gave [member="Veiere Arenais"] a smirk. Lori saw a side of the Mandalorians that outsiders didn't get to see. She knew them not as bloodthirsty beings that spent all their time killing for credits. She knew them as devoted families, loyal to their bloodlines, their culture and beliefs, ones that have seen their home worlds ravaged by outsiders of all creeds. Lori didn't know all of them, didn't have the trust of all of them, but there were plenty that she knew that would sacrifice their lives for her. Some already did....

But everyone carried a bias of some sort. Lori just understood it as the way the Galaxy worked. Much like how most saw her as a goofball that couldn't amount to much of anything. Hopefully being a Captain of her own ship with her own crew was enough to change that viewpoint. But maybe she needed to get a bit older too.

As far as Lori was concerned, there was a lot of peace and stability in the sector when the CSA was around. They once held a huge territory, even when the Silvers moved from their old sector due to the Sith attacking them. The Liberation of Commenor was due to multiple governments, each being vital to the success. Neither could have done it alone. Neither could take credit for being the sole reason the Sith were gone. But no doubt others had differences of opinions and different points of view to suit them, each with their own versions of the tale to tell their grandkids and future grandkids. She wasn't about to argue any of it here though. That'd be rude. And maybe even too Mandalorian of her.

Lori wasn't surprised to hear that there were lots of students here. The Temple wasn't exactly tiny. "How often do they get to leave? And do they get paid for these missions?"

"All I'm saying is that they're a bit of a sensitive subject" Veiere glanced back to his Daughter with a cautioning look. Though she might be conflicted within herself regarding which path to take in life, Veiere and her Mother [member="Kay Arenais"] had given her the chance to learn about Kay's 'other side' for [member="Loreena Arenais"]' benefit, and possible decision for the future. Naturally, he was hoping that she would make a good go of staying with the Silver Jedi and growing up in the Order similar to the path he had walked as a younger man, however, she was a young woman of her own free-will and mind. If she did happen to choose to fall in with the Mandalorians, then Veiere simply hoped that she'd have the independence to steer clear of tragedies like what had been done to Eshan. Not as a Silver Jedi, but as a Father wanting the best for his Daughter.

"The Students here are given all that they need, supplied by the Silver Jedi free of charge. Their dedication to the Force and to service of the Galaxy has earned them that allowance, but they're not kept here in cages like you'd find in a penitentiary" Veiere chuckled softly to himself, shaking his head slowly in expense of his bad humor. "They have their freedoms to go out and explore, experience and be educated in whatever fields or careers they so choose, s'long as they retain the values taught to us through the Jedi Code. Don't go thinking of this place as some sort of Prison...", Lori wasn't far off the mark though, it was akin to a school. One where you lived in, and were given a plathora of advanced technological pursuits and gadgets to study and toy with. Martial Arts Training was commonly the most sought after class, right beside Force Mastery & Theory (Veiere's Class), for obvious reasons...

Lori let out her breath in a huff. Sensitive subject indeed. For one thing, it set her apart from the others. She had done a lot in her teenage years and it had certainly shaped her personality and viewpoints of the Galaxy. But there was still was much to learn. She understood that.

She liked the idea of being able to come and go as she pleased. After what had happened on Commenor, freedom was something that she wanted to take every advantage of.

"And what about relationships? That's all okay for young students, isn't it?" Lori hadn't really talked to [member="Veiere Arenais"] about her boyfriend [member="Zeke Tune"] . They hadn't spent much time together lately, but that was okay. It was good to have some distance every once in a while. Still, she was quite certain that her Dad didn't approve.

But that was his job.

"S'long as they're not going to get in the way of your studies..." Veiere replied, rather less enthusiastic on the subject; "You'll learn about subjects like the Jedi Code, which encourages Jedi to follow their sense of reason and the Force over what the heart wants. It's always nice knowing that you're not alone, I get that Lori...Just don't become distracted from your training, if this is truly what you want?" Veiere finished with something of a questioning tone. Since [member="Loreena Arenais"] had told him that she had started out as his Apprentice more for the time they could spend together as Father-Daughter, she'd revealed her uncertainty of the Jedi Path and whether or not it was right for her. Lori would forever be his daughter, but there were other students out there that truly wished to grow into great Jedi Knights one day.

"Anyway, like I said, Students aren't treated like children as you might have gotten from school when you were younger. You'll have your freedom to come and go, train when you wish to train and participate in field assignments and missions under the Silver Jedi Order from here on out. I've recently taken up a position within the Silver Navy, with my own vessel and crew. You could probably find a good deal of work there with them, for you and your crew mates, come to think of it" it wasn't such a bad suggestion and would hopefully encourage Loreena to give the Silver Jedi a fair chance. Veiere himself had been at odds with the Order some time ago, however he had learned not to hold grudges, and his former arrogance and desire to see the traditions of the former Jedi Order returned, had only earned him criticism where others felt as though he had been judging them. Nowadays, life with the Silver Jedi looked so much different, and it brought Veiere a sense of happiness, pride and purpose to be serving with them. "The Silver Assembly has also seen fit to make me an Ambassador, given my experience ruling over Commenor alongside your Mother" he added.

Lori grinned as she tugged on the strap of her satchel. "I've got a great sense of reason, Dad. Even common...sense." She snickered at her use of a pun. Uncle Darlyn would have been proud. And actually he was, or so he told her when she had bumped into him at Yasha's party.

She listened as [member="Veiere Arenais"] gave off the same kind of advertisement that she had heard others give in regards to schools. So in some way Lori tuned out a little bit.

That is until he mentioned having a ship and crew. "You have your own ship??? Can I see it?!
Can I? Can I? What kind of vessel? How many crew? What are it's capabilities? Have you taken her out for a spin yet? Been on any adentures? Oh Dad, you've been holding out on me..."

Of course Lori hadn't told him of everything that she's been up to either. But she'll show him when the time was right.

He couldn't be certain or not, but it seemed as though [member="Loreena Arenais"] was feeling rather indifferent about being there on Kashyyyk with the Silver Jedi Order; he wouldn't comment on it as of yet however, as he hoped that she could feel open enough with him to be able to speak openly and honestly. The subject of his new position within the Silver Navy however changed her attitude around completely and he was then hit with a couple questions in quick succession, apparently excited by the prospect.

"It's taken some time but I had the vessel created out of House Arenais' own pocket. Think of it as the Resolute 2.0" Veiere explained in answer. "It's the same size but has three times the fire-power and supporting craft compliment. I've volunteered and been confirmed to Captain the ship which I've called the The HA Judiciary. Vikras Ansion is the acting Commander and my second in charge, otherwise the rest of the crew comes straight from the Silver Navy themselves" he smiled proudly. He knew that the idea of getting back up on a vessel the likes of the Resolute would excite his Daughter.

"One of these days, I'll get you on board, if you plan on sticking around here".

Lori listened to [member="Veiere Arenais"] as he described his new vessel. So their family paid for it? Did that mean that she'd get to inherit it? Probably not...More than likely it's been donated.

She remembered Vikras from a number of visits. He was a good man and ever so loyal to her Dad. So she supposed that it shouldn't of come to much surprise that he'd of found this new employment.

Her shoulders slumped a little as it seemed conditions were being set before she could even set foot on the new ship. "I can stick around...some of the time. I have my own ship and crew to look after as well, you know? And they aren't Jedi or even Force users at all. So it's not like they could do any training with me. But if we're allowed to and if we're in the area, I'm sure that they wouldn't mind going on a few missions with you."

"Like I said Loreena, you can still have your piloting career and your crew mates" Veiere raised his hand in reassurance, "It's no different than I being in a Naval position, still living and working as a Jedi in the Order. Technically, they're two different positions. Different careers, but the Silver Jedi encourage branching out" he grinned. Veiere had no intention of removing Loreena from the life she loved; If anything, he hoped that all of this would only add more to her skill-set.

"Come on then, let's get you situated" Veiere suggested, gesturing towards the end of the great hall where the turbo-lift awaited them, leading to the residential floor for the student and mentor body of the Order. As they were making their way, Veiere turned and handed Lori a new Datapad that he'd prepared for her prior to her visit. "This device will help you get started, I've already set your access and Comport profile up for you. You'll be able to access it from any Jedi Organization or Archive facility".

"You'll have your own quarters on the student floor, I'm a couple levels up but access is restricted to anyone under the rank of Master".

[member="Loreena Arenais"]

Lori nodded. She kinda liked seeing [member="Veiere Arenais"] on the bridge of a large ship. He always held a commanding yet gentle presence about him. He might not like being a leader, but he was so very good at it.

She followed him to the lift and then took hold of the datapad that he had given her. At first she smirked up at him. "Do I have homework already? Kidding..kidding..."

To hear that she wasn't allowed access to her Dad's quarters; that didn't really sit too well with her. "You mean that I can't go and see you whenever I need to?
Do I have to get permission slips to walk the hallways too?"
So restrictive. It made her wonder what they had to hide. Hmm. Sure students might not be wanted to go poking about, but she was his daughter! It was different!

And it also presented itself a unique opportunity. Oh yes! She could sneak up there, even if the turbolift won't let her, there were other ways. Lori held a mischievious look on her face. Oh she'll be having lots of fun in her spare time, setting traps and pranks. None that will hurt anyone, of course!

Veiere couldn't help but sigh, [member="Loreena Arenais"] clearly wasn't used to not getting her way and apparently that was something that had come as a result of their family being royalty back on Commenor before everything had changed. "There are rules in place for good reason, Lori. I can't go making exceptions for you, just because you're my daughter and I would have thought that I'd explained myself by now" he replied less than enthusiastically as she had asked him the same question once more, only in a different manner. He had already told her that she'd have the freedom to come and go as she saw fit, but there was good reason as to why certain rooms would be inaccessible; "If you wish to see me and I'm not about the Temple, just call me via Comm' and if I'm in my quarters, I'll let you in...-Just be mindful of those around you and remember that there's a hierarchy, even within the Silver Jedi Order, that needs to be respected and followed".

Naturally, he wasn't going to comment on the matter of homework. Truth was that she'd have more than enough work to do around the place where her training would be concerned, yet how much she accomplished and how far she wished to go in the Order was in her hands, and more her responsibility than it was his. A Master can teach any student whom wishes to learn, but not every student has the desire to learn and to commit to the life that is required of the Jedi of the Galaxy. Veiere hadn't reached his level of practice and training without hard work and years of dedication to the Order, after all.

Lori's smile faded as [member="Veiere Arenais"] sighed in such a way that she knew he didn't approve. It was easy to tell when he was disappointed. Every kid had a sixth sense with that when it came to their parents. "Yes D--I mean, yes sir."

She started to feel the same way that Jaster made her feel on their last day together. He had put her in her place in front of Kaine and others, even told her to challenge him in a fight if she wanted to continue to try to assume authority. But she didn't. Instead she just got angry and ran. Not long after that he was killed over Commenor and she never got to let him know that she didn't hate him. It was one of the few regrets that she carried with her. And she named her ship after him so that they could continue to fly together...Hopefully she wouldn't have to do that with anyone else.

"When we get to my room, I want to show you something. And I hope you like it..." Lori just HAD to change the subject. She didn't want to end up tearing up in the hallway where others could see her.

Veiere would have loved for life to be all fun and games, only the reality of their Galaxy was that life was hard and those that wished to not only live, but live with virtue in today's society typically required the most effort in order to get anywhere. This was made living evidence proven by Veiere and [member="Kay Arenais"]' legacy over Commenor and all the days that had led to their present situation.

"Very well then..." Veiere nodded, speaking perhaps a little reluctantly as he hoped that his words had truly sunken into his daughter, though at the same time not wishing to linger upon a negative, soon gesturing for her to continue to walk with him. The Residential Quarters weren't far off from where they were, and walking the halls, [member="Loreena Arenais"] would find herself being introduced to the first glances of her soon to be peers, fellow students whom smiled, some even stopping to bow in acknowledgement to her father before going on about their business.

When they finally did reach the student dorms, Veiere led Lori to her room and paused just shy of the entrance. It seemed only fit that she be the first to enter into what was to be her new residence there on Kashyyyk. "After you..." He extended his right hand to the door, looking to Lori with an encouraging smile.

Lori followed along with [member="Veiere Arenais"] , only just slightly behind him. He knew the way and she didn't.

Passing by the other students, she offered them a brief smile that was more seen than felt. She kept telling herself to stay quiet so that she wouldn't say anything wrong. And she was also trying to kick the bad feelings away. This was to be a new adventure and she had to keep looking at it in that way.

A thought occured to her then as she passed more groups of students. Was she going to have to share her room? Or did she get one all to herself? Hopefully the latter. Sharing her Captain's quarters and her bed with Daiya was enough. She deserved to have time to herself too.

Finally they reached her room. As expected, he let her in first. She opened the door and walked in. It was small, not much bigger than her Captain's quarters and very sparse. "It's...nice. At least I have a window." Then she can look outside, hear the wildlife, get a cool breeze.

Lori moved further inside and deposited her satchel on the bed. She sat down next to it and then rumaged through it. She took out a long cloth bundle. Unravelling it, she revealed what was inside and presented it to her Dad. The beautifully engraved lightsaber lay within the cloth. She had crafted it herself, spending months on getting the look just right. Some of the pieces came from the Resolute.
"Do you like it? I made it myself. The crystal is from Dahgee. I picked that one out myself too." If he chose to turn it on, the core of the blade would be silver with blue along the edges. The tip was jagged instead of straight, all part of the unique properties of the crystal.

Something about all of this felt off to Veiere, a creeping concern that had grown over time and now remained nestled in the back of his mind, just present enough to bother him while [member="Loreena Arenais"] did her best not to reveal her own sensitivity and doubts to her father. The life of a Jedi wasn't meant for everyone, and yet it was Veiere's hope that it might be for her. The problem there however was that he was now beginning to feel as though it was that very same hope for his daughter that was now driving them along the present, in which was otherwise meant to be moving in another direction, perhaps one more suited to her preference.

"It's...nice. At least I have a window".
Veiere watched in quiet study as his daughter looked about her new quarters, paying most of her attention to the window and the wild world outside of it. Her tone of voice didn't exactly inspire a lot of reassurance, skeptical...-Sarcastic even, if nothing else. She seemed to be trying to convince him and, maybe even herself that this was going to work. When Lori turned back and moved to sit upon her bed, Veiere moved to take a seat at the small corner table within the room, a desk for study purposes, though in this case he turned the chair around to face his Daughter before seating himself. What she removed from her satchel was slightly unexpected, as it had sounded as though she had a gift for he himself, yet this was something much better and more significant, sentimental, for his Daughters sake. The lightsaber was rather beautiful, and beyond the Jedi Path, it seemed perfect for her.

"You've done a splendid job..." Veiere spoke, a genuine smile as he looked the Hilt over in close study. With the aid of the Force, he could feel the presence attached to the weapon, the way the focusing crystal had been bonded to Loreena; "This truly is the lightsaber for you, the make is excellent and what I can feel...-Yes, it's perfect for you Lori. Well done" he didn't activate it however, instead gently guiding the weapon back to into her hands via the practice of telepathy, the hilt floating until it had touched down upon her palm and had been returned to it's rightful owner. "This is more than just a tool or a weapon, it is a pure representation of who you are. Who you identify as within the power of the Force and of the Galaxy. There is no other lightsaber alike this one, just as there is no other person alike you".

Lori didn't even have a window in her quarters in Jaster's Sparrow, so this was a step up from that. And with being within the forests of Kashyyyk, who wouldn't want to hear the sounds and smell the smells of nature all around them?

She watched [member="Veiere Arenais"] as he took hold of her lightsaber and examined it. Lori smiled with pride as her Dad approved. "It's kind of ours, you know? The Resolute was your ship, and some of the pieces are from the wreckage. The blue gemstone represents our family. The gold engraving represents our royal bloodline and the brown represents Commenor, reminding myself to try to stay grounded. And finally..." She ignited the blade, pointing it away from him and everything near by. The jagged tip always drew her attention as it was so unique. "...the blade represents the Valley of the Storm. See? It looks like lightening!" Lori turned it off again and then wrapped it up, placing the bundle back into her satchel. It was very sentimental to her. She had a habit of picking up objects from her travels and the parts of her lightsaber seemed to have been built with some of them.

"I haven't sparred or foght with it yet. Actually...I haven't even really done so with the training saber you gave me. I wanted to get proper lessons first. That's okay, right?" She had other skills to use for fighting should the need arise. But it hadn't really done so. At least not yet.

"Well then, perhaps you'll want to attend one of my Classes with the other students of the Silver Order, huh" Veiere grinned, seeing it as an opportunity to lure her into more of a social life around other like-minded youngsters. It'd do her some good to meet [member="Jerek Zenduu"] and [member="Sylas Taff"] for example, two others that he had began to train in the ways of the Jedi Path as well. "You lead quite the busy life, with your piloting job and such" Veiere pointed out in sympathy and a sense of trying to lesson the blow in the fact.

"You've done a marvelous job, Loreena" He smiled proudly to her as she returned the weapon to her satchel. "What are your plans for the future then; can you see yourself spending much time here on Kashyyyk?". Ever the trier, Veiere would have liked [member="Loreena Arenais"] to make something of a life with the Silver Jedi Order, but he also understood that it needed to be something that she wanted, and he'd not hold her hand the whole way through if she were only going to be there for his sake.

Lori blinked in surprise. So far her Dad has just taught her theories and philosophies in the Force and the impact that certain actions can have on others. Such thinking has gotten her to turn down certain jobs and not accept every job that came her way. "You teach sparring classes? I could take those, I think."

At the question that [member="Veiere Arenais"] posed, Lori took a moment to think about it, using that time to glance around her dorm. "I can only figure out the immediate future. I mean, gosh, I expected that we'd always be on Commenor, with you and Mom in charge of it. But then look what happened. So...I'm hesitant about thinking that far ahead, you know? But I will spend some time here. Especially if it'll get me to see your new ship and go for a ride in her." A new ship was like a new fancy toy, and her Dad was lucky to get put in charge of a big one. Maybe one day she'll get to sell Jaster's Sparrow and get a bigger model. Or not. Her vessel held sentimental value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom