Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Silver Song Footfalls

~Wild Space - Baxel Sector - Teth System - Teth
[07:59:036] - The Silent Temple

Someone was playing music out on a terraced veranda on the Temple's northern slopes, at an early hour where morning twilight brooded grey and listless east with a hint of first sunrise. Throughout the evenings, the Temple inhabitants could hear a presence softly padding through the long halls of wood flooring and stone pillars, out into the gardens where furtive song could be heard in recital. It was a familiar tune, but then anything soulful felt like it'd been played a thousand times prior at some other venue. At least twice in a week, by habit or ritual, one of them woke, padded with naked feet to the meditation gardens and began to breathe into the chords of a mournful harmonica. It played for precisely twenty two seconds, then fell silent. Ambient arboreal and branchy creaks and fauna sounds followed close in on its heels. All went back to blissful normalcy, folk sleeping tightly with sound consciences.

Seroth played to ghosts in the mornings. Out before a wordless of audience of greenery and long plunging waterfalls, bespeckled with rain mist cavorting with split moment rainbows. Six-armed apes, monkeys cloaked in fur and scale, avian species uncounted and even further amphibians and traditional reptiles basked in the heat-glow of breaking light. Twilight glimmered and then dissipated entirely. The lad, dressed just in his training slacks tied taut by industrial cord, fished a dented harmonica from his pocket. It belonged to firstly a woman named Guenyvhar, and then to her teacher, Shev Rayner. And so passed to him. Seroth regarded the hard, fast passage of time prior over the year and some months. Regarded the pains and few comforts. ...Regarded @[member="Rosa Mazhar"]'s gentle falls of breath as she slept curled up in their shared Temple cot.

The boy recalled and stared out at nothing, raising the silver-plated piece to his lips and gently gusting a few notes along...

Rosa Gunn

R
Rosa had stirred from sleep the moment he had left her side, brown eyes had watched him leave filled with concern, his steps laden with his sorrow. She had excepted nothing less after reading his letter, yet she found herself feeling somewhat helpless. All she could do was listen, offer words of wisdom where she could and support him and in time, he would find his peace as she had hers. She waited curled up beneath the sheets for the music to start, a sad smile appearing on her face. Rising, she donned some slack and a simple tank top and padded barefoot through the temple.

She stopped in the doorway, leaning for a moment on its slender frame eyes flicking beyond her lover to the life beyond, watching the first of the suns rays reach across the land, bathing it in a golden glow. She let out a soft sigh and moved forward to stand beside him, closing her eyes for a moment as the early sun bathed her face. "Hmmm," she mused softly "It doesn't quite have the same affect as the sun in Spira. Though I'm inclined to believe that's because it lack the sand and sea and... a storm." she opened one eye and peered at him, a small smile on her face.

"It is difficult to bind Spira down into simple description. It was heat and cold... Lightning and wind," Said the lad, pocketing the harmonica that was still resting in one hand up against his sternum. That same hand unwound, flexing, cracking scarred knuckles briefly before lacing firmly into Rosa's palm. "Teth is a place of peace, quiet, moderation. And you and I were anything but peaceful, or silent, or walking a moderate line. Beautiful days and so wild nights..."

Wheat-gold lances of bright sunlight fell into his gray eyes and briefly scorched his vision. Seroth lifted an arm to give a little easy shade, show casing a few new pits, lines, and small bunches of corral scar tissue rested over his cheek, jaw, and temple. He turned, shouldering the light, regarding Rosa as the sun bathed her in complimenting brilliance. Prior to a few days before, in conference with what was the founding conversation of their new bay of private retreat, memories of her beautiful visage sometimes... faded. Pain made his memory sharpen to the immediacy of his surroundings. Guilt coasted him back to nostalgia. And sheer exhaustion reminded him of compounded failures and personal shortcomings. ...He had not seen Rosa for almost a year. If not for twelve months and more.

Thickened arms reached and gathered the woman close to his bare torso, face buried into the crook of her neck and hair. Her lad didn't say much of anything for a little while, though he tugged her an inch close and rested a palm across the soft of her hair and crown. "I am so sorry..."

Rosa Gunn

R
Slender hands slipped about his neck and she nuzzled back, the golden rays disappearing as she shut her eyes and battled against the rising emotion in her chest, a mix of joy to have him back, but sorrow at the weight he bore on his shoulders. "Its ok." she breathed softly, the emotion in her voice apparent as she blinked against the tears that seemed to come from nowhere. She drew back slightly, hands sliding to hold his face. "We're ok." Thumbs caressed his cheeks, running lightly across new scars. So changed he had come back to her, not only in himself, but physically. Muscles were more defined, body crisscrossed with tales of every battle, his heart was heavy any empathy would feel it, but Rosa carried the weight as if it were her own. Such was the power of love and the force.

"I knew that the path was going to be hard for you, but I did not see all of it. I wish I could have given you something more..." she sighed, how did you prepare a man to kill his own mother? Brown eyes made golden by the rising sun bore into the grey of her lovers, searching for something. "There is more going on in your mind, than I think you are willing to share, Seroth." It wasn't obvious, it was soft prickling sensation at the back of her mind that said all was not well, hands slid from his face running over his shoulder and arms, hands resting in the crook of his elbows, as she watched him carefully.

Without provocation or prodding, Seroth began to divulge. The letter he'd sent, writ out in traditional fashion through holoquil and sealed parchment failed to capture the gritty viscera of too many details that had been kept to privacy. It'd been just a short missive: proof to his Rosa that he hadn't fallen off the edge of the galaxy for good, though at some portions, it felt like too close a call. It began with Saijo, taking coin to rescue a son, killing the while to accomplish the task. Where his first doubts about the integrity of his mores began emerging, plaguing him. It wove through Tatooine heat and Commenor bazaar stalls, to the depths of Terminus' underworld to rain on Nar Shaddaa. Slaying pirates. Fighting deranged things in the shape of men. Staring in the faces of slaves as they reaved him with betrayed eyes. Faced with cold truths that only seemed to mount in the face of cruel reality. To Tund and a last betrayal, on to Contruum and axes, blades, splashing blood across crystal-white snow.

They were sitting now, backs up and braced against the smooth, silverwood terrace railing. Wheat-gold light hummed to a darker shade of sweet brown sugar and streaks of caramel, washing across their shoulders while hands held tight. Seroth nestled to Rosa, who rested silently against shoulder, listening to her beau as he bared guilt and grief in equal measures. No small amount of self-doubt was too personal to withhold. Rosa didn't deserve to be faced with miasmas of secrets. To borrow a cliche, he loved her too much to subject her to that sort of intimate torture: needing to know but being forced to stand behind a cell wall of glass bars.

"Every fault that I found in myself I was so fast in wanting to blame Guen and Stenwulf for it," He murmured, nuzzling her brow. Kisses laced her crown, nose stroking behind the skin of her ear. "But I built every contradiction myself. Because... I wanted to go on, see if... Somehow... I could salvage things. At least, I believe so. It came apart. I could not bring myself to see life the way they did. Even though they were right. I... I had to make one last compromise. Accept their words but... Hold to my own. Ultimately... For what Guenyvhar had done... I had to find her... The rest you know, love... I would have died out there, if we... If we had not..."

Rosa Gunn

R
Rosa listened to him bare his soul, quiet and sympathetic never interrupting him. A solid point for him to lean on as he needed, just as he was for her and would be in times to come. She twisted her head as he stumbled for words, lips catching his with an intense kiss. Sometimes it was easier to so 'I understand' with a gesture, than it was with words. She drew back, only when the need to breathe overcame her and for a moment she just took it all in, thumb gently stroking his cheek. She wanted to find words to bring him comfort and solace, to find a way to ease his grief.

"I'm proud of you." she said softly "Though it may not feel like it now, you did something incredible. Faced with circumstances that lesser men would shy from, you stuck to what you believed in despite those trying to tug you off the path and you did what was necessary. Regardless of what Guen did to your father...to you." she paused for a moment a flicker of disgust crossing her features at the thought of a mother killing her own child. It was a matter a touch to close to her own heart but she quelled her feelings on it quickly "She was leading the Sayda down the wrong path, aiding monsters and killing innocents. Perhaps now they can reacquaint themselves with what they were meant to be."

She drew close to him again, wrapping his arm about her waist as she rested against him her back against his chest. "What will you do about the others?"

In wildly hallucinogenic episode, wandering between realities dredged up by silenced memory and the needs of the dead, the lad went to Tund. Storming all around in a vicious cyclone of ash, bone, and grit, Seroth watched helplessly as ten individuals... Tall, black specters of impossible shapes... Laid judgement on a lone father and his young son. One of them, his mother, stepped forward and put an end to her husband. The boy watched his young self, bundled up tight in swaddles of anti-rad clothing and stuck with an over-sized rebreather helmet, knelt trembling as he cradled what remained of his father's broken skull. ...Seroth, years on and perhaps less than a matter of two, three weeks, had put an end to the creature that stole his family away. That was one of the ten. A second one, the vicious, unrefined killer Stenwulf, was behind bars on Contruum. Two of a ten, though Seroth would deal with him in time.

...It left him with eight nameless men and women, of indeterminate age and species, at large across the span of the Galaxy. Her lover shook his head and loosed a bundle of dirty blonde curls from his brow.

"I will find them," Seroth replied. Strange, cold tones of resoluteness echoed over his speech. "They are architects. They built the prison my father could not escape from. That entrapped my mother. With greed. With an addiction. Coin. Power... Used my family for their gains and then... Took their riches and ran when they found Dathan's blood staining their boots. I owe them... I owe them very darkly..."

A hand reached and curled strong fingers through the sandy-gold locks of Rosa's soft crown. They pushed, pressing in to massage the tender-head skin, coiling down to pet over the curl of her ear, the edge of her strong jaw. "But I will not go off yet... I owe you as much I as owe them... And I have many, many debts to repay you, Rosa..."

Rosa Gunn

R
There was something ultimately terrifying in the darkness that flashed through Seroth in that moment. It made Rosa's hairs stand on end as she stiffened beneath his fingers. Brown eyes bore into grey as she studied him hard before drawing away from him, rising smoothly she rested her hands upon the railings, eyes cast out towards the never ending jungle, her mood somewhat soured. The talk of Seroth leaving her again was a delicate subject to broach so close to having him back, that combined with the glimmer of darkness that came with the thought of revenge...

She sighed and closed her eyes. Vengence was wrong, no matter how you looked at it, no matter what had been done, but then justice was required for all wrongs committed. Perhaps Seroth was right in following this, in paying those who had ultimately pushed him down this path a visit. She reached out in the force, seeking wisdom, guidance, something to tell her which way was the best way to go but it only answered her with silence so she went with her gut instinct.

"Let me help you find them."

The Matter of the Eight, so his conscience called it, hadn't been the subject Seroth had been wanting to broach since his timely arrival upon Teth. In the company of Jaxton and Qae, seeing her fine and well after so many weeks spent in cold abroad, feverish questions preyed on his constitution. Had she been alright? The first time they had made such a parting, him to the Unknown Regions and her remaining to see to her duties, the tragedies at Roche had occurred and Donanyd, billions burning under the weight of hellfire. Now, he had come back to a Galactic scene gone mad. Rhammammool and Osarian were gone, put to the pyre, and he'd emerged from his trials indelibly changed. Perhaps for the worse. A saving grace was that through whatever mercies, Rosa had simply been left alone. Sitting against the warmed decking, sunlight streaking over the scarring that had healed silver across his bared backbone and shoulders while trill-birds winged overhead, Seroth watched a breath of wind stroke up against her pant legging.

He rose in turn, settling beside her, one long arm snagging around the taut muscle and hot flesh of her waistline. She felt... slightly distanced. Bothered, worried over what these intentions and purposes that played out against a black backdrop of cold, conflicted need meant. ...Seroth was at a whole loss himself as to what it meant for the nearing future. The odyssey involving his relations with his Mother and what little remained of their family had taxed him to places he wasn't fond of revisiting. Chasing after the last of the Sayda was going to be a rigorously personal and intensely enervating task. If he could stand to not worry on the matter, even for a little while, then life for the meanwhile would be bountiful. How could it not? Seroth was nuzzling against a woman with skin that browned almost cinnamon and gold in the sun. With kisses like fire and ice, a touch like lightning, so utterly charming.

"It will not be a pleasant business..." Seroth murmured. "You may be tried to wonder how you have come to love me..."

Rosa Gunn

R
A bitter smile tugged at the corners of her lips. "If I could have my way, my love" she began leaning her head on his shoulder "I would keep you here, distract you with the wonders of storms, help you find peace here in the silence." She sighed and lifted her head to look at him. "There is a darkness in all of us, that is not a reason for love to be tried. Revenge is a... strange thing. I found my own in a different way, instead of killing Mikhail, I forgave him. I got a good look at his soul and I knew that he wanted nothing more than to die for what he had done. So I made sure he lived."

Lines crinkled her forehead as she recalled the memory, the attempted kiss, the dragging of drunk Mikhail from the bar before he got himself into trouble. "When you stand before the eight, you might find yourself pressed to kill them, or to forgive them. That is a choice you have to make. I do not condone any of it, but you will not rest well until you have at least faced them, and I want you to be at peace." She kissed him then, a soft kiss that became something more ferocious as she turned her body to face his, hands sliding up his bare chest to loop about his neck. She drew back, resting her forehead against his, the sunlight dappled between her strands of hair as it kissed their faces.

"I do not have to be with you, to help you find them. There are other ways for me to help you find their faces."

@[member="Seroth Ur-Rahn"]

He never broached Mikhail Shorn. Never Roche, or the falling out with the fickle Darron Wraith. The lad never felt privileged to simply scratch open old scars to sniff and lap at the fresh blood, for the simple need to have a taste himself. Once, he found her with emptied eyes, smiling sadly. They'd made luncheon on a cold fuel depot station a week's flight out from Terminus. She'd made some light concessions, mentioning the events in broad strokes. Enough for him to know. Enough to understand. Wet eyes had looked up at him and asked for his silence. Not a word to whatever friend's he'd made, no stomping round the outer limits on misguided retribution. But now, scarred knuckles tightened just slightly over Rosa's hand. The boy didn't wash her with pity... Though, he remembered an old adage: 'We rarely get what we deserve.'

For now, his lips were sore from the press of fire. Seroth swallowed something warm and hard down his throat, wetting his tongue while distractedly trying to gauge her words. Her kiss, though, gave him ideas. They'd speak of faces and names later. Later... Rough hands took Rosa by her shoulders, revisiting that play of mouths and tongues. Golden sun beams washed their cheeks warm and glowed through closed eyes. When Rosa muttered a protest that she hadn't yet told what her conceived plan was, he shook his head and tugged her up off her toes.

"Storms..." He murmured closely, tenderly, carrying them off to where messy personal quarters waited.

@[member="Rosa Mazhar"]

Rosa Gunn

R
Beneath the silken sheets, Rosa lay with Seroth, her head resting upon his chest, the deep drumming of his heart soothing her to the edge of sleep. Legs entwined, she idly stroked his leg with her toes as a content sigh slipped from her lips. Closing her eyes, she moved her hand to the trinket about his neck. The glittering obsidian ring that had belong to her father still where it belonged, fingers stroked its smooth egde before tracing the pattern beneath. They didn't need to speak now, they could just stay here creating storms and enjoying the comfort of being together again. Time had been so short before and Rosa was not willing to let it happen again.

So she kept him, in their distant wing of the Silent Temple, tucked away for days. Distracting him at every chance she got, whenever his face began to show the lines of his distress she would bring him back to smiles with a playful insult, or a well aimed pillow to the back of his head. Childish and ever joyful, refusing to let her own worry bring them down either. She felt, that somehow, she needed to prove to him that whatever happened outside, whatever the galaxy threw at them she would love him no less.

On a day that storms raged outside whilst they were still, Rosa slipped from the arms of her sleeping love and let her feet carry her to the meditation chamber. The rain was louder here. It drummed on the transparisteel roof, rushing in small rivers from its surface, its noise drowning out that of the internal waterfall. It was a soothing sound nonetheless and Rosa found herself a seat in the form of a rock and tucked her legs up beneath her, fingers brushing loose strands of hair behind her ears. Slowly she began to clear her mind, drawing together all the emotions of the past days and exhaling them with each gentle breath.

Once she felt the balanced in herself, she pushed her senses outwards, reaching not into the lives of those within the temple, but to into the temple itself and she began to walk through its history, from the meeting of friends a few days ago back to the creators. She wasn't looking for anything, but she often found looking back at what had passed, often allowed her to think more clearly about the future. She could no longer hide from what was to come.

@[member="Seroth Ur-Rahn"]

Days passed like a story denouement, the heroine and hero taking to their prize of relaxation after their slaves and toils. Seroth for a time lost track of which day was marked on the local calenders. Events became a slurred breeze, sliding from one fond memory to the next. Rosa never allowed his attentions to stray too far from their moments of closeness. When his eyes began flashing raw, flinty and hard, lines creasing round his mouth as he began slipping to black contemplation, she kissed him. Her lips tongue drove apart his teeth and her tongue whipped to distract him. The boy lost his breath. Her hands gripped him by the throat and dragged him down. Nails dragged over naked skin and she brought him to nearly passing out, grasping his dirty locks to wrench him back to reality. Time and time again, enjoying breakfast and dinner atop their shared bed, chuckling. Seroth fell into a routine of catching up on missed hours and days. Nightmares of Tatooine's dead heat and Terminus' gloomy cold no longer left him spent upon waking.

They left stilted reunion behind. Motion and action became comfortable, natural around one another. Her lad would fashion them meals whilst she brewed them drink and scavenged for sweets. In the evenings, he laid her out and rested his knuckles to her spine, massaging out iron racks of muscle until Rosa was fast asleep. Some days they took to running the Temple grounds. Seroth raced her beneath the wind and sunny slicks of sky. At times he egged her on whenever she tutted as he whisked out of her reach up a bramble of tree boughs. However, revenge always came sweetly. Especially whenever her concentration touched into his mind, distracting him with a brief pitch of lurid thought. More than on thrice occasion, he went skidding on his chin over a patch of wet moss, tripped over his own toes.

Now on the morn, he found her midst a meditation session in one of the enclaves many, hermetically sealed chambers. She'd left the portcullis opened for his entry. Seroth stepped in, dressed in just a thin housecoat a size too small for his frame, lit by the sound of rainfall, waters rushing, and very distant crushes of upset thunderclaps. Bare toes strolled over wet patches of grass and smokey loam. A colony of adopted bark-knaves peeked out with multi-coloured eyes beneath an over turned, rotted log. One squeaked at the lad's passing, burrowing back into their small, nestled den. Force power hummed a distant song somewhere in the back of Seroth's mindscape. He could 'just so' pick up on tendrils of cast thought, if he was in close enough proximity. Rosa's sun-licked and bronzed skin was dewy with condensation. The lad strolled around behind her and took up a seat against her spine.

He saved his 'Good morning' until her thoughts drifted back down to him. Seroth reached with the hem of his housecoat, dressing down to just idle skin, carefully patting over her moisture laced throat and cheeks. He wondered what was traipsing through her mind. Femininity was a long mystery, unknowable to base men. The lad counted himself as so, simply base and uncomplicated, though the better for Rosa. She'd doubtless had enough contending with fickle males, stupid men, and other undesirables of the rougher sex. ...Though he would risk a slap from her long reach, tickling over her hip...

@[member="Rosa Mazhar"]

Rosa Gunn

R
Rosa peeled herself back from the walk as his force presence flittered into the room, causing ripples in the flow walk. She did not however slap him and chose instead a far more appropriate punishment for his attempts to disturb her. Spencer had taught her how to see peoples force auras through battle meditation and how to latch onto them. She reached out seizing Seroth's mind and plunging him into an illusion.

The warm breeze drifted across the beach of their island on Spira. She stood before him, dressed in little more than a white blouse damp with sea spray, her golden hair caught up in the breeze, her back to him, She cast a glance at him over her shoulder a sly smile on her face. To plunge him into such a vision without prior warning and time for him to centre himself was cruel on her part. "One day, my love," she began softly turning round to face him "you will learn not to distract me." she gave him a few moments to gather himself, turning her back on him once more, eyes cast out to the calm sea looking beyond the horizon.

The illusion was perfect, pulled from her last memory of it, the beach scattered with the deadly splinters of wood that had once made up a tree, its stump charred and splintered by lightening. Their ships were there too, side by side, hulls glittering in the morning light. The whispers of the sea rushing across the sand made her smile, even more so as the warm water touched her toes. "Once Spencer showed me how to create illusions, both in physical and mental form I spent a lot of my quiet moments here, wondering where you were...how you were." She fell silent for a moment.

"Promise you will not leave me in the dark again, Seroth."

There was sensation of hot sand between his toes, laced like unending grains of fools gold. Churls of peach and alabastor wove through the small, knotted dunes the surf swept up and scuffed. Overhead, distantly, scale-gulls wheeled overhead. They cackled, swooping down into the glittering waters where schools of shivering minnows darted like clouds of silver arrows. Seroth wondered hard if he was still sitting upon his knees and toes, or if he was up about walking. The boy waved his hand against a catch of wind. He stilled, sharpening his olfactory receptors with a prod of Force power. Rosa's illusion was immaculate. On the air was hints of lime-drink and coconut beer, transmitted from some isle up north and east. Turning, a small palm frond lifted from a knoll of sandy grass. It rose, flipped and twirled over itself, and swung by to glide against his cheek. Immaculate.

"I am sorry," He offered in simple apology. What excuses could he turn in to save face? Seroth didn't bother. He thought to take a handful of bare-foot steps closer to her side, but felt... strangely shamed. Head hanging, he paused five paces behind, looking at the beach. "I... should have tried harder. I am sorry."

Cooler breezes chuffed the roiling heads of several tidal waves. A bright sun bore down across their backs with false heat that felt nonetheless soothing. Quietly, he strode to Rosa's side. His arm curled 'round her waist, tugging them a little closer while nostalgia tendered their thoughts. Neither of them said a word for a long while, caught up in independent contemplations. "I will do my damnedest," He said. "That you'll always have word of where I am, where I am going. Rather than some late letter, with too few details. I will do my best... Rosa...?"

Cracked lips leaned to kiss over the crown of her gold-on-blonde hair. "I love you..."

Rosa Gunn

R
A sigh escaped her lips as her wrapped his arms about her waist. "I love you too." She twisted in his grasp, arms looping about him as she nuzzled his neck, running soft kisses across his shoulder before she drew back. Her face serious eyes bearing the flinty look that she had spent the past days drawing him away from. The Matter of the Eight needed to be addressed. There were a number of reasons for her wanting to help him but the one that drove her to push this, to get him to agree to this was very simple.

She would not lose him for another year, while they were more than capable of functioning alone, a year was too long and she wanted to make sure that these Sayda bastards would not take him from her again.

"Its time." she said softly.

He wished dearly it weren't, but the lad nodded and assumed that stoic acceptance in his powered frame. The illusion that kept them settled out of reality drained. Glamours of warm, false-gold sand at their toes fell away to thatched foot-mats. A broad, infinite sky shivered and melted into a dark, wooden pitched roof. They watched a hot sun lose its colour and become replaced by a distant star bearing down through grey rain clouds. Sounds of surf turned to rhythmic rain fall, heat leaching to a temperate coolness. Seroth looked to his Iron Snake, and how it fell away into washes of discoloured detail and light. It disappeared entirely, though not wholly gone. It laid below, in the dark, hollowed cavern hangers below the temple proper. Perhaps most importantly, the woman he held so close to did not shiver into nothingness.

They were dressed again in their former skivvies. Long arms took up the lad's housecoat and laid it around Rosa's shoulders, taking off some of the damp. A nearby short waterfall giggled and laughed with each bright toss of liquid. They began strolling, walking over a small nest. It's owner, a bright scaled but wholly lazy snake, blinked up at them languidly and returned to napping. The Temple's warm silence reached them, buzzing until they felt their thoughts become loud. ...Then a notion struck him. Despite that their eyes weren't quite meeting, strolling along a corridor lit by wall sconces, Seroth spoke up.

"...Would you ever try for a husband again?"

Rosa Gunn

R
It took a moment or two for the question to sink into the reality of Rosa's mind, fatigued by the effort of the illusion, but when it did sink past the haze she stopped walking, giving him an incredulous look wondering if he was mocking her in some fashion. She had never taken a husband. She and Darron had been engaged yes, but...

She licked her lips, realising that she still hadn't responded, and he was looking at her for an answer. She closed her eyes for a moment, as realisation dawned upon her that he was serious. When she opened them a soft smile tugged at the corners of her lips. "Yes...I would." Voice tight with emotion that rose in her chest spreading warmth to the tips of her fingers. Closing the gap between the with two quick steps she kissed him, drawing away after a moment, fingers brushing the bristles on his cheeks she smiled widely at him.

...It fell into place then. Long hour spent wondering in doubt flew in the face of Rosa's close kiss. Seroth tried to gasp, but she took that from him too. Naked hands gripped the cloth of her back and shoulders, nearly tugging the woman off her feet as he leaned back against the corridor wall. A torch sconce wretched fire and blinked angrily, annoyed at the pair kissing hurriedly and torridly below. It was like marble and iron scraping to steel and wood. His fingers wove through her trestles and locks of too-smooth hair. The lad breathed her name, appreciating the shiver that ran up her spine at his guttural breath. They'd argue he was too impulsive. The fire in his loins spurred him to an early mistake, they'd rail. No... Since that kiss on the beach, surf lapping at their ankles, he had a determination. Rosa had been through too much. He wouldn't be another man to come along and waste her time.

They fled away from the meditation chamber, along a terrace shielded by long awnings of copper and zinc. Rain water plinked off the iron-wrought railing and splashed at their heels. Each was chuckling, murmuring little sweet-nothings as excitement shivered their blood. Seroth paused them a moment, catching Rosa's eyes. A kind of spark caused time to slow. And they kissed once more, a deep lock of mouths as a bright spear of familiar lightning flashed across the outside chasm. A perfect companion.

Rosa Gunn

R
She drew away from the kiss, soft slender fingers interlocking with the calloused hands of her love as she tugged him along the torch lit corridors, their flames dancing in the wake of their flight. She pulled him through doorways that hadn't been opened for decades, the dust on the floor muffled their steps as she led him to the top of a dark stair case, pausing only once to glance back at him as he pressed her with questions of their destination. A sly smile crept on her features and she snatched up a torch and led the way down in silence.

The staircase was long, and the distant rumble of what seemed like thunder soon reached their ears. It was a constant, never ending roar that only widened Rosa's smile. Soon enough the roar became almost deafening and a soft light rose from beneath them. The staircase levelled out into a huge cavern, the light pooling in from the waterfalls that rushed past the caverns opening, plunging hundreds of feet below. Rosa moved forward, bare feet padding softly over the water smoothed stone to the edge of a glassy pool.

Satisfied with her find, she found somewhere to rest the torch, pulled off the top and slacks she wore and slid gracefully into the water, disappearing for a moment beneath the surface. It was cooler than the water's of Spira, but not so cold that it was uncomfortable. tipping her head back she rose from beneath the surface and offered Seroth an enticing smile. "Well don't just stand there like a dunderhead." she teased.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom