Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Silver Paddie Troubles

"It's fine. You asked. I don't try to hide a whole lot anymore." She replied just as quietly. His words made her snort about rebuilding bridges.

"I have nothing waiting for me back home." She admitted quietly, bobbing her knees outward against the tight hold of her arms. "There won't be any happy reunion, no pats on the back from that little chit hole planet."

"The bridges were burnt before I was even able to plead my case. This is my home and this is my family now. Even if I keep everyone at arms length."
She muttered the last part, looking rather guilty about the words. She looked at him more intensely this time, a question forming behind her eyes before it fell away and her gaze fell to her clipboard.

"I'm sorry for leaving. For making you be Kyra's only person to lean on. I am just as bad as the people I left behind on Emberlene." She finally said, frowning as the words came out.

Acaadi let the silence hang again, watching her reaction and feeling entirely out of his depth. He lifted a hand ready to place on her shoulder, but he let it fall back to his lap. He was still a teenager and wasn't entirely comfortable trying to make a girl feel better about her troubles.

"I don't know if it makes a difference, but I've never thought bad of you for going. We've made do with much worse happening. People getting really hurt..falling to the dark side."

It was a garble of words. He was genuinely trying to make her feel better whilst also downplaying how much of a loss she had been to their group.

"I'm really glad you're back and I don't think it's fair you've got this pressure to make knight. You'll get there though."

Her eyes lingered on the clipboard as he spoke. The understanding of his words in what was being said, as much as what wasn't. We've made do. If she hadn't been selfish, greedy, and impatient she-. She closed her eyes before opening them quickly to look at him again. Without feeling sorry for herself. A small smile forming as he spoke.

"Thank you. I'm glad you were able to find someone to teach you. Hopefully-" She interrupted herself with a shrug, as if knowing the next words wouldn't come true. "Nothing bad happens anytime soon. Gotta buckle down after all."

"But really. Thank you for listening."
She chewed on her lip for a second. "I didn't mean to hijack the time, but...it's nice to actually talk about it. All...that, I mean." She waved her hands as if it would recall the previous topic magically like some mad hatter.

"Keep doing what you are doing by the way." She picked up the pen, waving it at him with a wicked grin. "The ladies love guys that listen, and listen well."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom