Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Sight of Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
TEwTdjE.png

Sight_of_Fire_copy.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To submit an interesting exploration mechanic.
  • Image Source: [x]
  • Canon Link: /
  • Primary Source: /
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Name: Sight of Fire.
  • Manufacturer: Dzujen'qo (design) | Akure Executive Interstellar (production)
  • Affiliation: Closed-Market
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Limited.
  • Material: Alchemized kyber crystals, agrinium, aurodium.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Artifact
  • Size: Average
  • Weight: Average
CONTENTS
  • Infernal: It can do one thing and one thing only, allow the wearer to see through the veil of the Netherworld and witness what lies beyond. This enables the mapping and exploration of abstract locations that are otherwise inaccessible through a lack of Netherworld gates.
Strengths:
  • Vision: Looking through the goggles allows one to see the Netherworld and visually explore it.
Weaknesses:
  • It Stares Back: The Netherworld is a strange place of energy, intent, the Force, if the wearer isn't careful they could fry their brain because they saw something that nothing mortal should ever see.
  • Physical Plane: While they look through the veil they are still present in realspace. This means that if they aren't cautious they could walk off a cliff, into the water or just a wall while they explore. The consequences can range from hilarious (but stupid) to deadly.
  • Force Null: Ysalamir, voidstone, they can either turn the artifact inert or weaken its effect.
  • Lightside: Sustained application of Force Light can either turn them into simple goggles or even destroy it with enough focus.
DESCRIPTION
Cerbera's research into the Netherworld started even before the Akala Crisis, but the crisis itself was the catalyst that propelled it from simply 'interesting' to something that she prioritized for a range of issues. The most important one was that for the first time in galactic history (as far as Cerbera could determine) something from the Netherworld effected the Galaxy in such a profound way that it shattered nations and within the span of a breath changed the face of the Galaxy for decades to come. After rescuing [member="Irajah Ven"] from the grasp of that abstract plane her understanding of the netherworld only increased.

These days Cerbera considers herself one of the few sentients that has more than a passing knowledge on the Netherworld and decided put that experience to the test. The various force crystals have interesting effects, once you sharpen them in just the right way.

Add alchemy to it?

And it turns to the fascinating.

The Sight of Fire pierces the veil between realspace and the Netherworld, allowing the wearer to study the other side at their own pace without access to a Netherworld gate. This does not allow them to actually enter and is strictly visual. With enough training in the Force and the Sight the wielder could potentially listen into what happens on the other side as well. But there are, as always, dangers attached to this practice.

The Netherworld is not made for mortals- look in the wrong direction and you could lose your mind, watch too long and you could attract undesired attention. From becoming insane to death to a bruise on your forehead... there are a lot of ways wearing the Sight could go wrong.

[member="Lily Kuhn"]

The Factory used to make an exception for effects that had nothing to do with combat, weren't major and similar things like that. A few submissions have been approved like this in the past few weeks.

Did something change with this?

Cerbera said:
[member="Lily Kuhn"]

The Factory used to make an exception for effects that had nothing to do with combat, weren't major and similar things like that. A few submissions have been approved like this in the past few weeks.

Did something change with this?
This has never been the case. All submissions must follow the rules.

What we did before was allowed minor alchemy/force benefits for free at unique production prior to doing away with restricted missions.

[member="Lily Kuhn"]

That confuses me, because I know for a fact it has been only recently judged otherwise, but I suppose precedence doesn't exist in the Factory.

Either way, is there any way you can think of where I can maintain the limited production on this submission and concept rather than be forced into a maximum of ten pieces? Without being forced to add a T6 company to it.

Cerbera said:
[member="Lily Kuhn"]

That confuses me, because I know for a fact it has been only recently judged otherwise, but I suppose precedence doesn't exist in the Factory.

Either way, is there any way you can think of where I can maintain the limited production on this submission and concept rather than be forced into a maximum of ten pieces? Without being forced to add a T6 company to it.
Not unless you're removing the alchemy from this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom