Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Sicarius-Class Stealth Yacht

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
clVwmag.png
OOC Info:

Production Info:
  • Manufacturer: Santhe Corporation
  • Model: Sicarius Class Stealth Yacht
  • Affiliation: Open market
  • Modularity: Yes
  • Production: Limited
  • Material: Fiberplast

Technical Specs:
  • Classification: Star-Yacht
  • Role: Stealth transport
  • Height: 25m
  • Width: 15m Fuselage, 50m Wingspan
  • Length: 55m
  • Power Core Generator/Reactor: Solar Ionization Reactor
  • Hyperdrive Rating: Class .5
  • Minimum Crew: 1
  • Optimal Crew: 3
  • Passenger Capacity: 4
  • Cargo Capacity: 30 Metric Tons
  • Consumables: 6 months
  • Sublight Speed and Maneuverability: 3

Armaments:
  • 2x Forward Mounted Laser Canons

Non-Combative Attachments:
  • Diplomacy-Grade Dormitories (Optional)
  • Standard Shield Generator Systems
  • Standard Communications Array
  • Standard Navigational Systems
  • Standard Targeting Systems
  • Standard Sensory Array
  • HoloNet Transceiver
  • Sensor negators
  • Gravitic modulator (2)
  • Photon absorber
  • Thermal dissipator

Description:
The Sicarius class Stealth Yacht was created in order to fill a niche in the market that as of yet remained empty.

Though the market for Star Yachts is more than active many of the ships are showy, flashy, and sometimes downright gaudy. Ships like the J and K-type Nubian Star Yachts are chrome and incredibly noticeable in even the worst conditions. This is the tale with many Star Yachts, they are flashy and showy and all around intensely noticeable, one might argue that this is the point of a Star Yacht, but Santhe Corporation thought otherwise.

Instead of forcing their customers to seek aftermarket stealth customizations Santhe Corporation created the Sicarius Stealth Yacht to fill the niche of people who want to travel in comfort, but also in secret.

The Sicarius Class Stealth Yacht utilizes technology similar to that of the Incom Corporation StealthX and the Kuat Drive Yards Blackbird Stealth Fighters. The exact same technology went into making the Sicarius as did into those two ships, it was all simply sized up. The Sicarius was fitted Sensor Negators, two Gravitic Modulators, Photon Absorbers, and Thermal Dissipators, all of this technology was designed to make the Sicarius completely undetectable by sensor equipment. To finish this the stealth aspect the Sicarius was fashioned entirely out of Fiberplast, an incredibly strong material usually used in construction. This made the Sicarius slightly more expensive but when painted Matte Black made the ship almost entirely invisible to the naked eye(in the background of space or night time).

The Drawback of these stealth systems however is that it leave the Sicarius with a certain amount of vulnerability. To make space for the countermeasures suite the Sicarius had to have a smaller shield generator added to it, making the Shield starkly weaker than comparable ships of similar size. Similarly its Fiberplast body meant its hull was much weaker than a standard starship, standing up to far less damage than normal durasteel.

The inside of the Sicarius was comparable to Star Yachts all across the galaxy. It featured 4 separate Luxury rooms each with fresher and standard fancy things. Beyond this the Sicarius had a small stateroom where people could gather to speak as well as dine together. At the very tail of the ship was a small cargo bay large enough for a small speeder or several containers of whatever. When the Sicarius landed its massive wings folded upwards in mimicry of the famed Lambda-class Shuttle, thus making the ship more compact when in a carriers Hangar bay. Also on the extended panels of wings was a set of solar panels, this helped the Sicarius achieve a lighter reactor load and allowed it to move slightly faster.

All in all however the Sicarius was the perfect Stealth Transport, given that it was unnecessary for it to communicate with other ships to coordinate itself with others in an attack(Because it literally can't attack anything), the ship did not need a Force Using pilot to reach full effectiveness.

Lira Dajenn

L
[member="Alli Wren"], respectfully i would like to argue this point with you. All of the technology i utilize in this ship is canon, based off of these starships and utilizing the exact same components one being a Sienar Subsidiary;

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/J-type_star_skiff - Hyperdrive and Engine
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/StealthX - Stealth Technology

I also passed through the factory a ship of similar design without a dev thread for another corporation here
If you would like, i will still create a Dev Thread, but i don't think it's really necessary.

Aye but this ship is bigger and not a fighter. I would love a small dev thread, it would make me feel better and I know you can do it. Also just because tech is cannon doesn't mean your corporation has access to it. So go crazy in a dev thread and I will give this my stamp.

Lira Dajenn

L
[member="Alli Wren"]

I believe i have completed a Dev Thread that sufficiently explains where the design came from, how Sienar got the technology, and why we are building it.

Lira Dajenn

L
How about three? I feel that due to the ships light construction(Fiberplast being much lighter than durasteel) and lack of heavy weapons it would make more sense for it to be slightly faster/more maneuverable.
[member="Alli Wren"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom