Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Show Me that Board there Soldier (Closed)

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
In his . . . perusings of the files of Fringe Soldiers and personnel one name popped up repeatedly, one @[member="Sargon Vynea"]. The Zabrak fought in an old, archaic style, opting to use a sheild of phrik with a Vibroblade in order to better protect himself, which got noticed by more than a couple officers on account of it's unusual nature. The man was also noted for his hard work, good leadership, as well as strong potential in the Force.

Valik deemed that the man could be useful to him, and wanted to see his unorthodox style in person, so he met with the man, took him to an arena, open combat, camera droids ready and hidden to analyze and quantify his work.

"Well then Soldier." He said to the Zabrak as he grabbed and ignited his crimson lightsaber. "Show me what you've got."

Sargon was unsure of the exact nature of his visit to the pit, but he followed orders diligently. The man before him was unfamiliar, but there could be no doubt in his mind with the color of his saber that he had to be a Sith. Sargon well knew that a number of the prophets were Sith, and that the Fringe held loose alliances with force users who followed the Sith code. The only real question was, was this man a real Sith or simply using the name.

Going into a loose ready stance Sargon placed his shield before him and his vibrosaber held loosely pointed to the ground behind him in his right hand. The left had a phrick shield strapped to it. He didn't know his opponent, and as such he decided to start with a probing strike to get a read on him. Coming in at slow pace he circled to the left of his enemy and then stepped in quickly shield forward. Bringing his sword up along side the edge of the shield he stabbed quickly expecting the Sith to block the limited thrust with ease.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
As the Zabrak @[member="Sargon Vynea"] charged forward, shield first as his vibrosword came along the side of the shield he caught the strike his with lightsaber, and sidestepping the blow followed the thrust down with his blade until his lightsaber hit the man's shield, which full of phrik didn't seem to have much issue blocking the strike. With a quick deactivation of his lightsaber he moved the side, dodging as the man would likely have moved forward, riding his momentum from the block, and then let loose a flurry of lightning directed at what would likely be the man's back, but supposed could have been his front if he had turned around quick enough or didn't put all of his weight into blocking Valik's lightsaber slash.

The Sith cleanly blocked his blade and pushed it down limiting his counter completely. Coming inside he'd pressed into his shield forcing Sargon to square up into the shield to keep from retreating. He knew that once there was too much distance between them he'd have no retort to any of the myriad of force powers that could be thrown at him. Once @[member="Valik"] did move however he didn't follow through. Sargon was a pure defensive fighter and most of his movements applied only as much force as needed to counter to reserve his strength.

Even as such he couldn't spin fully to met the Sith's lightning attack, and as such didn't get to see the coming lightning strikes. He certainly felt them though as the energy arced across his skin. Bringing his shield to block the lightning proved futile a the flurry not fury of lightning strikes simply moved around or through the shield. Pain went through his body as his muscles suddenly tightened like a vice as the electricity activated his nerves. With a violent push of his shield Sargon hoped to at least distract the Sith to stop the attack.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Valik watched as his lightning danced around and through the man, putting a damaging force on his nerves, his muscles, putting the man through no small amount of pain it seemed. Though the Phrik shield of Sargon's had done well to stop Valik's saber, it was still metal, and didn't stop the onset of lightning, just a put a little bit of resistance on it. Sargon however, did not seem to enjoy the onset of lightning, and hence came at him shield first. With Sargon being a good deal stronger than Valik he knew blocking the shield with his lightsaber would be foolhardy, and instead used the Force to push on the shield telekinetically, not stopping it but turning it out, causing the strong blow to hit his shoulder and not his chest. Igniting his lightsaber he swung out not to hit the soldier in front of him, but his vibroblade. While he did this he wrapped his arm around the Zabrak's shield, and used the Force to hold it telekinetic-ally, before ripping his knee up quickly, aimed at the man's gut.

@[member="Sargon Vynea"]

The connecting his ended the torrent of force lightning from @[member="Valik"] but Sargon was not expecting his shield to be stuck there. Valik's arm should not have been able to hold it against Sargon's strength, but the Sith Master's power held it firm. Valik's lightsaber sought to knock Sargon's vibrosword aside, and while he dropped the blade low to bring it back into the fight it wasn't soon enough to be effective against the last blow.

With the incoming knee Sargon decided to try a rather desperate move and heaved himself up bearing his full weight on Valik's hold on his shield. Pulling both his knees up into it he'd either come crashing down shield first on top of Valik's knee, or he'd take the blow upon his better protected shins.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
With Sargon taking the surprising move of using his shield as a balance point and jumping too it, Valik tossed his lightsaber aside. In truth, a quick slash across the side was unlikely to be blocked at this stage, but Valik didn't wish to maim or kill the man. Only test him. So Valik focused the Force, trying to push the man off him as he fell. In the end, he was unsuccessful, for a number of reasons, one being his arm wrapped around the man's shield, the other being the aid gravity had in the force bringing him down. Still, the push that Valik send would likely push the man off of him, using the shield as a pivot point he would turn upon.

In the end, one of his arms was buried under the phik shield. Valik has released his grip on the shield, reaching over past the mans forearms to his biceps and attempting to get a hold on it, before releasing a small torrent. Again, he didn't want to permanently damage the man, just see how much damage he could endure and how he could get himself out of sticky situations.

@[member="Sargon Vynea"]

Sargon jolted as the electricity hit him again but the situation had its benefits. With @[member="Valik"] holding his shield arm's bicep it left his other arm free, and he had a rather desperate gamble to try and pull off. The only way he could come out on top, was to literally come out on top. Rolling over the Sith Lord's arm Sargon attempted to pin Valik's arm beneath his shield in between his own body. His right arm came down with a vicious strike aimed at the side of the Sith Master's head blunt side of the blade first. He had to knock him out soon, the pain was becoming overwhelming.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
As Sargon rolled over and went to hit him with the blunt side of his blade Valik pulled his free hand around, meeting the blunt side of the man's backblade with his hand and using his admittedly low strength to slow it down and it plunged towards his skull. The blow hurt, but it wasn't the same as the flat metal crushing him, so that helped there. Valik began to push up with both arms against the sword and shield, though his strength would not best the much thicker Zabrak's, it did serve as a focus to him, and perhaps a distraction to the horned soldier. Like a weight-lifter attempted his bench max Valik began to scream as his torso rose and the Force flowed through him. Finally, he threw that Force forwards, launching the Zabrak backwards in a way that would throw him off the scientist, but not break any bones when the man hit something. Heavily bruise likely, but nothing would snap.

Standing up he began to dust himself as he used the Force to pull his discarded lightsaber towards him, before deactivating it and clipping it to his belt. "We're done here soldier. Hit the showers or the medbay, I have what I need. I'll meet you tomorrow at 0800." He said, before heading towards his lab, stripping down and examining the various cuts and bruises he had obtained himself, and beginning his own self doctoring. He'd meet the Zabrak in the morning, and then further tests, and perhaps rewards, would begin.

@[member="Sargon Vynea"]

The next morning Sargon awoke in various bruises as he rolled out of his rack. He'd been properly beaten yesterday, and he knew it was the worst part. He was not however a man to let that keep him from his duty, and so with a grunt he got out of bed. He arrived at the pit after a hot shower, and a quick breakfast ready for the next stage. "Optio Vynea reporting for duty, Lord Valik"

@[member="Valik"]

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Valik rather bruised an sewn up had just come to find the Zabrak ready for duty. Rather impressive how eager he looked and sounded, as he guessed the man probably had more bruises than he did. He would certainly have more burns, what with the dosage of lightning he had given the man.

"I didn't expect to see you quite so up and at it this morning soldier." He said, a bit groggily. Valik was noticeably not as enthused. "Perhaps I should not have held back so much with the lightning." He said, as he shook his hand through his hair. "In any case, I suppose we have work to do. Tell me, what have you heard of ancient Sith Spawn?"

@[member="Sargon Vynea"]

At the mention of greater lightning Sargon had the simple thought of no. His entire body hurt at the moment, and his armor was making his already damaged skin even more agitated. He was however a soldier, and no matter what would not give in until his last breath even against the might of a Sith Lord. "Your victory was clear, Lord @[member="Valik"], of that I have no further need of proof. As for Sith spawn of any nature I'm afraid I'm completely unaware."

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
"The point of the exercise was not to find a winner, but to determine your mettle." He said, with a hint of condescension in his voice as he did so. In his own way, his acknowledgement that @[member="Sargon Vynea"] could have taken more lightning was a compliment, though Valik would be hard-pressed to ever admit such a thing.

"As you may or may not have heard, my talents in the Force are mostly those of craftsmanship. I can summon lightning, move objects, and sense others in the Force yes, but all of that is secondary compared to my skill to manipulate the materials and creatures of the galaxy." He explained, not doting on the battle any longer but heading to business. "Sithspawn specifically are creatures that have been altered by such powers, usually for the purpose of war. There is a particularly old beast spoken of in a few texts, datapads, and holocrons I have had the pleasure of examining called a Terentatek. Once made to hunt users of the Force, they are said to be resistant to manipulation of the Force, as well as having a tough enough hide to stop a lightsaber." He said, explaining the beast with a clear amount of respect.

"I'd like to make one, examine it and it's properties, however, with my talents not lying on the more physical side of things I am not confident in my ability to best such a beast. Once I make one, I'd like you to help me kill it."

@[member="Valik"] wanted him to kill a monster, a true monster, well this was one hell of a morning. "Of course, Lord Valik, I'd be happy to aid in the death of this creature. Where might we find one? Also will my vibrosword work against its hide?". Well he was either going to die this time or kill a legend. He hadn't thought these beasts real, but rather a spook story for the ages. If it was resistant to lightsabers, he had true reservations about its ability to hurt it with a vibrosword.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
"Find?" Valik said with a laugh. "I intend to create one myself. Bypass the searching process entirely." He said to the soldier, and began to head over to the shipdocks. "Obviously creating such a beast has risks, and will be taxing for me, another reason I'd like to recruit help. I can control most everything I've created, but I've never attempted a Terentatek before, especially with the express purpose of studying it through combat." He said as they went closer to the docks. "And we can't do it in an extremely inhabited area, otherwise we risk untrained men inhibiting my rese-or civilian casualties I suppose." He said, correcting himself as he realized he wasn't speaking to a member of the Sith, but a soldier who seemed to be more . . . noble in intention. "Do you have any particular uninhabited world or place you think would be a good option?"

@[member="Sargon Vynea"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom