Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Shore Leave

Will Smash Heads for Beer
the-key-space-station-in-starfield.jpg
Location: The Hanged Man Space Cantina located near the Hypergate Chandaar

Regular Outfit

"Hit me again chief!"

"Amiggie that's 15th Grog you've chugged down tonight."

"Hey! Not my fault this chit isn't strong! So shut your trap and fill me up!"

The Ovissian bartender: Craig was a nice guy but the problem was that he cared for his customers a little too much. Amiggie heard enough self-rightoeus drivel from her Mom, all Craig needs to do is shut the frack up and take the creds. He's a businessman right? Do fracking business. The Hanged Man was one of the first Imperial Spaceports created when the Empire of the Lost first formed. Its purpose was to watch the Hypergate which led to many Hyperspace lanes from the Tion Cluster. One would think that a space station named: The Hanged Man would see a lot of action. Problem was there wasn't, the Hanged Man is considered more of a vacation spot for weary military types. It was filled with a decked out cantina, a Holomovie theater, and entertainment lounges.

Ami wouldn't mind it so much, but it was so fracking boring! Soldiers who come here would rather drink in silence or try to contact their loved ones whom they spent months trying to connect. Ami sighed sitting down in front of the bar top, her elbows resting against the table and her feet aimlessly kicking the air. Just when things got exciting for the Empire, she had to be stationed here where she's bored out of her mind. Where's the party? The excitement? "Say what you will about the former Empire," Ami muttered. "But at least they knew how to throw a party."

Myri Dara Myri Dara

Objective: Relax?
Outfit: Casual
Tag: Amiggie Lutih Amiggie Lutih

untitled-1-png.png

As Myri walked the corridors of the station she could only imagine what Amiggie Lutih was doing at the moment. The stormtrooper who Myri had been assigned to work with wasn’t one for sitting around and waiting. Amiggie always wanted to be up to something. And there wasn’t much of anything happening on this station. Myri was a stiff person for the most part and she really didn’t consider anyone a friend. But their relationship was the closest thing to what Myri thought a friendship was. So she decided to answer Ami’s message and see if there was something she would be able to do to help pass the time.

Seeing how gung ho and combative Ami was in the field Myri expected to be pointed in the direction of the firing range or some training course or maybe a sparring dojo. A smile formed on Myri’s lips at the last thought. She would be more than happy to show Ami that she could kick her ass given the opportunity. But that was not the case. Seems that Ami was granted some sort of break from her duties and had “taken up residence” in the station’s cantina, The Hanged Man. Myri was not comfortable with cantinas. She did everything in her power to stay in control at all times. To not become an outlaw like her father and sister.

As soon as she entered there were more than a few catcalls from the drinking servicemen, to Myri’s surprise some came from women too. The junior NISB agent did her best to ignore them and focused on her goal. Ami was at the bar ordering around the Ovissian bartender. Ami had mentioned drinking and partying several times on missions. Myri wondered how many she had consumed. Being around someone who was drunk was something that Myri usually tried to avoid, but a senior agent had said that she needed to get out more and experience the real world if she was going to get UC assignments. Myri didn’t much care for undercover work, but since she knew Ami already she decided to take the plunge.

”So uh what’re we drinkin’ pal?” Myri asked, sounding very much not herself. She tried to think of something clever to call Ami, but nothing came to her. Instead she managed only “pal”. Now the junior agent cringed and waited for the inevitable “Buttercup” that was coming her way.

"Here you go Corporal," Craig slid a glass of Grog towards Ami who rubbed her hands with glee. "Thank you for not lecturing me Craig," Ami said taking huge swig of the alcoholic beverage. Streams of liquid fell on the corner of Ami's lips, her tongue bathing in the Grog. 15 drinks in and Ami still can't get a buzz going. "Dad and I have a love for drinking," Ami thought with a smile.

Dad would drink at the very least 7 cans of Beer afterwork every day for as long as she's known him, and he would remain lucid. Ami remembered drinking her first Beer at 15 when she was invited to a party by her friends. They encouraged her to drink a Beer that was from the host's parents refrigerator. Ami was a little reluctant at first, but then remembered how her Dad drank excessively and consumed her first cup. She almost gagged at the taste, it was if she was drinking cat piss but she didn't feel any different.

Her friends gave Ami another cup, and then another cup and then ten cups later the crowd surrounded Ami as she consumed her 11th drink looking not worse for wear. Since then, Ami found drinking fun and a great way to relax and unwind after a long day of battles or a way to socialize with her fellow soldiers.

And speaking of fellow soldiers..... a familiar figure found her way towards Ami.

"You gotta be kidding me......" Ami sniggered at Myri looking out of place in a military space station. "Buttercup?! I thought you agent types were too good for us. Nice to see you deflate that overinflated ego of yours!"

Ami placed her half drunken Grog down and patted a seat right next to her. "Come on Buttercup sit down and I'll buy ya a drink first one on me!" Looks like this night got a hell of lot interesting afterall. "So what brings you here Buttercup?" Ami asked. "Let me guess! There's a spy in the Space station and you're trying out them!"

Myri Dara Myri Dara

Last edited:

untitled-1-png.png

Myri sat down on the seat that Ami had patted as an invitation. She looked at the half filled glass of grog and was not able to hide her distaste from showing in the way her face contorted. At least Ami didn’t seem to be altered too much. Still the same loud blunt annoying stormtrooper Myri remembered. ”Where did this Buttercup nonsense come from? I don’t understand it. We’re not close enough for pet names…”

The junior agent was not one for humor. It was hard for her to take anything less than one hundred percent serious. She was able to put things to the back of her mind and ignore them in order to keep the peace for a mission. But now that they were on their own time she could voice her curiosities.

”Between missions,”Myri responded to Ami’s question of her presence. ”And it would be better if my job wasn’t announced all over the cantina. Someday there might actually be a spy on this station and my cover would be blown. As to why I came…my superior said I needed to do something outside of NISB HQ for my time off. He stressed I should leave Lianna altogether. I heard you were here and that it was a pretty boring place. So here I am to check in…that’s what friends do right?”

Regular Outfit

"Oh come on Buttercup!" Ami laughed slapping her back as hard as she can. "You and I have fought in plenty of battles from snowy mountains of Stygeon Prime to the shores of Mon Cala. Buttercup! You and I have see it all!"

The thing about Myri was that she takes herself so seriously, is that she gets easily offended whenever somebody makes fun of her. Ami liked pushing her buttons, it was fun seeing her reactions whenever she teased Myri. At least she didn't take herself so seriously that she began sniffing her own farts. "So yeah, I think I'm entitled to call you Buttercup!" Ami took another sip from her Grog. "You and I are war buddies!"

So Myri decided to come out of her shell and decided to mingle with the grunts. Ami would normally be bursting with pride but first, she had to laugh at her expense. Myri was soooo smug about her abilities as some secret agent it was almost nauseating and admittedly Ami almost wanted to punch in her in the face even if they were in the middle of a battlefield with blaster bolts whizzing past them. "ISB! ISB!" Ami shouted pointing at Myri. "We got an ISB agent over here!"

The soldiers in the space station didn't pay attention Ami, they were busy getting drunk, flirting or partying. Ami chuckled at their apathy. "You see nobody cares Buttercup!" Ami snickered. "Get your hair down and relax! Tell me what you want to drink!"

Myri Dara Myri Dara

Last edited:

untitled-1-png.png

Ami kinda explained where the nickname Buttercup came from. Myri didn’t really understand it. Probably because she was trained to be a solo operative and Ami was a “grunt” that ran around in groups and built up comradery. That Myri ranked high enough to have a nickname gave her a bit of pride, however she still had an overwhelming feeling that “Buttercup” was not at all meant in a flattering meaning. ”We’ve been at each other’s side for quite a few battles. Always to victory. I suppose I can live with that bond having developed some sort of nickname.”

Myri was in an utter panic as Ami announced quite loudly Myri’s position. Myri tried to think of how to tell Ami what she was doing could hurt things, but she wasn’t sure that a stormtrooper could be in a position to require such secrecy. At least she had to imagine that those who had greeted her with catcalls were going to remember that there was an attractive young brunette in the cantina, more than some loud woman declared she was an ISB agent. Moreover, as Myri looked around no one seemed to take notice of the statement. ”You’re crazy you know…”

Ami questioned what Myri would have to drink, and that was something the junior agent was not prepared to answer. She’d never been out for drinks. She was young enough that it wouldn’t be an expected practice if she was on an undercover assignment. And even if it was, that UC assignment would probably be to watch some male who would make the decision of what she should drink. Myri looked to Ami and then the bartender, ”Something light. I’m not going to be able to do what she’s doing I’m sure.”

Regular Outfit

"Thanks!" Ami said giving Myri a sharp nudge on her shoulder. "It takes a special kind of crazy to be a Stormtrooper ya know? To go out there in the face of death and say frack you! You can't hide from the shadows forever Buttercup! Gotta take the Bantha by the horns and shake em loose!"

Myri was always vague about her work at ISB, the whole branch is shrouded in mystery. All Ami knew was that they relied on stealth and sabotage and not the disable the tank kind? The subversive one where they topple governments with their words. Honestly to Ami, the only way governments will fall is if they get a blaster bolt to the face. "Can't believe that you consider me a friend," Ami laughed. "Glad to see you coming around Buttercup! Now as for a drink! HEY CRAIG!"

Craig lumbered towards Ami and Myri. "What drink do you want this time?" He asked.

"It's not me it's her," Ami said. "This is Buttercup and she's trying to actually have a life."

"Okay?" Craig asked. "What does she want."

"Give her something light!" Ami said. "Poor Buttercup is shy though, one touch and she'll be weeping and wailing!"

Myri Dara Myri Dara

untitled-1-png.png

Myri was amused, but not surprised to Ami’s reaction to being called crazy. She admired the stormtrooper mentality even if she didn’t agree with it. ”I have stood in front of tanks with you. I know you’re not trying to call me a coward. Sometimes answering a challenge head on is required. I find that doing it from the shadows is more effective in most cases though.”

Myri had thought she’d done better at hiding her social inadequacies from Ami, but it seems that it has been apparent that friendship was not something that was just passed around by the Thrysian. ”Well. You consider me a friend right? It’s only fair that I return the sentiment. It’s a new thing for me for sure. I don’t generally let people get this close. But you seemed to have bulled your way into my life more than just as battlefield support.” Myri gave an awkward smile that both displayed that she was coming to grips with being a “human” and the strangeness Myri felt in surrendering to such things.

Myri took in a breath as Ami beckoned the bartender over. She wondered how many drinks he had brought her already based on the tone of the bartender’s response. When Ami pointed the figurative finger at her Myri paused for a moment speechless. ”The name is Myri,” she corrected the stormtrooper. Myri knew that getting Ami to call her by her real name was a longshot, but she really didn’t need this whole cantina to know her as Buttercup.

She nodded as Ami requested something light. It was obvious that this establishment was used to serving out strong drinks to the servicefolk that had time to spend there because Craig hesitated a moment before nodding, turning his back and returning with a glass of red liquid. ”I’m told it’s good. Wine for Alderaan I think…The soldiers all want to get wasted.”

Myri gave a nod, ”Thank you Craig,” she said before taking a ship. Her face puckered up at the taste of alcohol. ”This is what ‘having a life’ consists of? I hope there is a value to drinking this. Or it gets better as you drink more…”

Regular Outfit

"Chit Craig," Ami said shaking her head. "Why are you giving Buttercup dishwater? You trying to kill her or something seesh."

"Not all people have your liver Amiggie," Craig responded rolling his golden eyes. "Nor your..... interesting taste in drinks."

"You still mad that I managed to down that Red Nova without fainting? I mean come on Craig! 500 creds is half my salary for the Empire of the Lost" Ami snorted while elbowing Myri in the process. "And the asshats keep insisting that I'll receive regular pay soon," she whispered in her ear. "It's okay Buttercup if you can survive tanks firing on your ass, you can survive this pisswater."

Ami smirked. "Besides!" She continued. "Having a life is more than just getting drunk but lemme tell ya Buttercup it's half of it." Ami finished her drink before snapping her fingers. "More Grog!" Ami demanded.

"We only know each other by our kill counts," Ami said. "We should get to know each other you know? Our personal lives."

Ami leaned closer to Myri. "So let's peel the curtain and see the real Buttercup!" She said. "Got any family? A boyfriend? Frack buddy? Anyone?"

Myri Dara Myri Dara

untitled-1-png.png

Myri averted her eyes from the situation when Ami started to curse at the bartender and insult the drink that Craig had given her. She had never been one to drink, in fact that was her first sip of alcohol. It was not Craig’s fault that she puckered up so badly. Alcohol had a certain taste that Myri just wasn’t prepared for. She continued to look around the cantina as Ami and Craig bickered until she was nudged by Ami. Myri gave a bit of a smile as she wasn’t sure who wasn’t paying Ami. She wouldn’t have been surprised if it was the Empire. Grunts seemed to enjoy their jobs and with clones being grown in New Alderaan by the hundreds if not thousands, natural, recruited Stormtroopers weren’t a high priority to keep happy. Myri had been paid as promised. ”I’m sure you’ll get your credits…”

Myri lifted the glass of wine and swished it around and tilted her head to the side. ”Not a matter of survival Ami. I just don’t understand why people assault their taste buds with alcohol when there are so many more satisfying tastes.”

Myri knew the effect that alcohol had on some beings. Ami seemed to be immune which had Myri question why the stormtrooper was here even more. There was a sigh of relief when Ami stated there was more to “a life” than getting drunk, but the relief was short lived. Half of a life was more than Myri could believe. But she had no duties to focus on for the moment, so if Myri was going willing to experience being drunk there was no better time. Myri continued sipping on her wine and slowly the face contortions became less and less. Until she heard what Ami ordered. Grog just sounded disgusting. ”You don’t know my full body count,” Myri said proudly with a wink.

”Not sure what you want to talk about, but I’m game,” Myri said in a degree of excitement. ”It’s been a while since I’ve had anyone to talk to. Since my sister ran off…” the statement trailed off as Ami continued asking questions.

Myri blushed at the last two specific “anyones” that Ami asked about. ”No time for a friendship, certainly don’t have a boyfriend. Fuck buddy goes along with getting drunk, not something that I’ve ever really thought was necessary in life. Family…yeah. Mom and Uncle are on Coruscant. I’d like to get them out of that rat’s nest into something more suitable in the Empire. Sister is out there doing disservice to the family name. Following in father’s footsteps. Don’t know if he’s out there hiding or gone…” Myri gave a bit of a sigh. Not because she necessarily missed her father or sister, but because she was ashamed to admit she was related to criminals. ”What about you? Who all is in your life?”

Regular Outfit

The more Myri talked, the more Ami realized that she didn't have any semblance of a life. Was she really living life to the fullest? No boyfriend, no friends, no sense of a social life? What does Myri even do in her off time? Just sit in her room staring at a wall until the next mission? Chit Ami had already lived the hard and fast life as a Stormtrooper life was too damn short to take things seriously. "Buttercup serious question," Ami asked taking a drink. "Are you a Droid? Because damn it girl you're devoid of a personality!"

The Stormtrooper laughed slapping Myri in the back again. "Don't worry, I'll insert a personality program in ya! Hell! Maybe you downloaded that program judging by how you dragged your feet here!"

She took a big swig of Grog. "Besides," Ami said. "Beer is a soldier's best friend! You're out there risking life and limb for some nameless Moff who don't even care that you exist, you're far away from family. The only thing that's a constant in your life is good alcohol. Sorry we grunts don't get to drink that fancy Wine you Agents drink."

Ami didn't know if the ISB even drinks Wine, but anything to press Myri's buttons. She listened to Myri's family history, it wasn't a happy one which was a bit of a shock to Ami. She thought that Myri had strict parents based on her lack of personality but turned out it was fractured. "What did your Dad do?" Ami asked. "And what is your sister doing that's dishonorable?"

As she listened to the music playing on the Holoradio, Ami slowly placed her elbows on the table sighing. "I was born in raised on Ord Mantel," Ami said. "My Dad worked as a miner barely making ends meet while my Mom was a elementary school teacher. We lived in a metal shack near a junkyard. I remember days where we couldn't even get food on the table and we were forced to eat scraps that were left in the junkyard. Not particularly a healthy meal."

Ami chuckled at that remark. "So, my Dad would partake in underground fights to make extra dough. Said underground fights are outlawed by the Empire but my Dad needed to put bread on the table because he was tired of eating Rats. One day, he even invited me to one of his fights. I remember my Dad knocking the chit out of some Zabarak and I was inspired. I even signed up the next day at age 15 and I dominated those bare knuckle brawling events."

Ami smirked. "Since I was a kid, I had a knack for punching things." She said. "It was nice that I got paid doing that for a while."

Myri Dara Myri Dara

Last edited:

untitled-1-png.png

Myri raised her head and looked over to Ami. She gave a nod at what she assumed was a request to ask a question, though it turned out it was more of a declaration. That was definitely Ami’s style. When the question came Myri gave a bit of an upset frown. She wasn’t sure she would consider herself devoid of personality, but Myri supposed a person like Ami might think so. ”I grew up with nothing. I wasn’t very old at all when my father left and we had even less. Hard work and dedication to a goal is what attains advancement. I have personality. Just doesn’t have reason to come out. I’m not at a place in my life to relax.”

A sly smile played over Mryi’s face as Ami brought up a personality program. Myri knew it was in reference to getting her to lighten up so Myri decided to prove that she was able to do so. ”Ami, how exactly are you proposing to insert a personality into me? Cause I’m no droid no matter what you think. You’ll need to figure out what sorta drink I can easily down in order for some funny business to happen,” the idea was to tease Ami with a little double entendre. The delivery was not crisp however and Ami would probably find the attempt more humorous than anything.

Myri sensed that her attempt to provide “personality” to the conversation had not gone as well as she had hoped and she took another drink of her wine. She again made a face, but not as extreme this time. Was it possible that liquor was a taste that one needed to get used to before enjoying? ”I don’t drink anything. It dulls your mind. An agent is just as alone and just as responsible to said nameless Moff. They care about me less than you I would bet…as a whole at least. Maybe not an individual trooper.”

When pushed about her family and their wrongdoings, Myri sighed. ”Father was or is a smuggler. I don’t know. How bad it was. Just got second hand info from my sister. I don’t really care either. It’s a disgrace.” Myri suspected that Ami wouldn’t see it as cut and dry as Myri did. That was fine. No one would convince her that smuggling was a good thing. Even if it was to feed their family. Which it didn’t end up doing in the end anyways.

Myri listened to Ami’s family story and she sighed. ”Doesn’t seem like our origins are terribly different. I might not have been eating junkyard scraps, but we struggled for food. I learned that I was good at punching things too. It made me want to do better things. That’s how I ended up here…I don’t know. Maybe I wouldn’t disrespect the outlaw stuff as much if Father hadn’t disappeared. Whether it was his choice to leave or that choice was taken from him by his lifestyle. I can’t respect it. You took your underground fights and turned it into something respectable. Now you get to punch things in Imperial armor.”

Regular Outfit

That's something Ami and Myri had in common, they both grew up in trash. Ami was surprised since she was sure that Myri was living the rich girl's lifestyle given how she carried herself. Looks like her impoverished livelihood sapped whatever emotion she had. Didn't help that her Dad was a Smuggler and her sister followed in his footsteps. "Yeah you do have a personality Buttercup," Ami said finish off her Grog. "The personality of wet tissue paper, seriously the way you walk and talk, you're a human version of insomnia pills."

Ami chuckled raising her hand to demand more Grog. "Oh by the way Buttercup it's a joke," she said. "No need to get all pissy all right?"

Her curiosity was piqued when Myri mentioned her father and sister. "So your father and sister going into a life of crime shaped you to be the super serious woman with a stick up her ass?" Ami asked. "Truth be told, I actually thought of running off doing smuggling work with my ex back before I joined the Empire. I was pretty desperate for money when my Dad broke his back in a mining accident."

Ami sighed. "That's the only reason why even became a Stormtrooper," she said. "They provide benefits for my Dad but I'm not even sure if he's getting anything at all. Ord Mantel fell to the Alliance and I've heard zilch from my parents ever since the former Empire fragmented."

She really hated getting all touchy feely even if it's with a person she knew. Ami preferred having her private problems remain private. "But in any case," Ami said. "Got a pic of your Dad and you sis? Any family photos you got?"

Myri Dara Myri Dara

untitled-1-png.png

Myri wasn’t sure at first what Ami meant by her appended statement about Myri’s personality. Then came the comment about insomnia pills. ”Wait! I put you to sleep? What is wrong with the way I walk? It is a normal walk.”

Myri watched as Ami took another drink of her cup. The revelation that Ami was merely teasing was not one that helped the situation as far as Myri was concerned. The terms being used might have been jabs to get a reaction, but the sentiment was still that Ami thought Myri was boring and stiff. The fact that she might be right was part of the reason that Myri got so defensive. ”I have no excitable qualities. How can I get pissy?” Myri responded the logic was sound but the grin that formed on Myri’s lips was unwarranted for sure.

Ami didn’t seem to want to let go of the family conversation. It was something to bond over, but still not a thing Myri enjoyed delving into. ”I don’t have anything up my butt,” Myri growled in response. She knew it was latching onto Ami’s bait, but she just couldn’t help it. When Ami admitted that she considered smuggling Myri had to give a sigh. ”The fact that smuggling is a consideration is the problem. I wish to make a galaxy where the people are well taken care of. Not having to break the law to put food on tables. That’s why I am so serious about Imperial things and I guess where the stick you think is up my butt comes from.”

Myri couldn’t help a frown that formed when Ami gave the reason for joining the stormtroopers and that she wasn’t sure that her father was still getting the benefits that should be provided. ”You have leave you can take right? You should visit your folks. Make sure they are doing alright.” At the question of whether she had pictures, Myri presented a small holoprojector.

1000.png

”That’s my father. This is a very old picture though. I haven’t seen him or anything of him for years.” Myri was obviously upset by the picture. Her words gave a slight sputter to them and were much softer than her normal tone. To confront her growing feelings Myri pushed a button on the holoprojector changing the picture. ”This is Brinna,” she said with the sharp edge to her words returning.

86104AC2-B509-4342-BB77-FE5D7E84E3BA.jpeg

Regular Outfit

“Ohh your pop looks intimidating,” Ami said leaning at the Holoprojector of Myris Dad. “Reminded me of the miners my Dad fought in the underground fights.”

Many of the fighters were barreled chested, broad shouldered, and desperate willing to fight to the death if it means getting extra credits to supplement their meager income. Thankfully neither Ami nor her father resorted to beating their opponents to death during the fights but Ami would be lying if she said that she hadn’t thought about it especially when a fight wasn’t going her way.

“By the way Buttercup it’s a metaphor. You heard about that haven’t you?” Ami chuckled surprised that she still remembered what she learned in High School. “Stick up your ass meaning that you’re grumpy and serious all the time…..”

Ami smirked. “Bah that’ll probably fly over your head as well.” She laughed. “The Chiss will love you that’s for sure. Youd think those guys were drained of emotion with the way they carry themselves.”

Ami only heard of the Chiss through rumors and how they barely reacted when their home world was destroyed by the Brotherhood of the Maw. You gotta be a droid if you don’t give a damn that your kind was blown to smithereens. “Seeesh,” Ami looked at Myri sister displayed on Myris holoprojector. “That girl looks like a ho, and what the frack are those jugs on her chest. Did she get a boob job?!”

Myri Dara Myri Dara

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom