Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Shopping Spree!

Outfit: Casual
Tag: Rahla Tis Rahla Tis

Enjoying a day away from working missions, Lily breathed out a sigh of relief, it was space to settle and enjoy herself as a person instead. Allowing her to enjoy the freedoms of exploration for the city and settle her mind in preparations to jump back into the gruelling training and busy work of being a Jedi Padawan. There had been a lot of interacting with people and doing the social aspects of life that Lily found challenging at times but she was alleviated to move forward and just spend the day relaxing. A debrief, a break from the week of work. In fact, she had decided to take time to explore the shopping district of Coruscant, specifically to check out the clothes that might be on sale and what was the latest fashions. While dressing to impress was nothing Lily was fixated on, she did like to dress up and keep ahead of the curve on what was a good designer or a new fashion trend when she could.

It would reflect poorly if she was to walk at an event as a noble and be wearing something that was a season out of date or by a designer that was no longer perceived as desirable.

Figuring out her route to the clothes shop, Lily thought about bringing someone along, turn it into an activity to bond with someone over. But also someone she could ask for advice on what might be a good dress or a bad one, or a dress that just wasn't appropriate for her to wear at all. While she had interacted with a lot of new people and that was usually very draining on her, the energy and excitement of clothes shopping had given her renewed vigour and she was totally happy to bring along someone new, potentially looking to forge a new friendship. It was important to create these bonds as Jedi, at least she figured it would be important.

Lily then had to ponder on who to invite. There was a new Padawan, a Togruta, who was female which was key, she didn't want to drag a guy along. Experience on Eshan had taught her that they had very little interest or helpful opinions on fashion for the most part. And as someone who was still fairly new to the Order herself, Lily figured that it would be a good shared experience, something that the two would have in common to talk about while shopping.

With it decided in her head, Lily left her room and located the new Padawan, eager to get her shopping trip started. Looking around, Lily wondered where they might be located before spotting someone that she believed it could be. "Oh, hey, I'm Lily, fellow Jedi Padawan and was wondering if you would like to join me on a shopping trip?" She extended her hand to Rahla in polite greeting.

GADividerBlue.png

".. Huh?"

Rahla blinked slowly, glancing up from the book she was reading to the girl who'd approached her. Shopping? She actually hadn't been shopping before. But.. That meant going out to hang out with someone, right? Make friends? She forced a smile as best she could, which looked more annoyed than anything, and nodded. She wasn't actually annoyed, just.. She was pretty terrible with facial expressions.

"Yeah, I, um. Rahla. I'm Rahla."

Lily Decoria Lily Decoria

Lily smiled and nodded her head, while Rahla's facial expression was one of annoyance, her body language didn't reflect that. She understood that people could be difficult in expressing their emotions, Lily was never great at it herself and was always grateful that she learnt to read a person's body language over reading someone's facial expression. "Yeah, I thought it could be a good trip to hang out and to get to know one another."

"Well, if you're ready now, we can head out straight away?" Lily offered as she offered a warm smile.

GADividerBlue.png

"Oh, yeah. I'm uh, yeah. Yeah! I'm good." Right, smile. Rahla forced a smile as she nodded, closing the book as soon as she got the bookmark wedged in properly. Stood up and stretched. The seats here were incredibly comfortable, maybe too comfortable, but she was up now.

"Where are we going, exactly..?"

Lily nodded her head and smiled warmly, it was good to see that Rahla was ready to leave right away. She was always a very eager person to get on with her day herself. Making sure she hit the timelines that she set in her mind to ensure that she could function, especially when dealing with the most stressful times of her life. "Great!" She said with some excitement to her tone and body language.

"Oh? Well, there are a few stores in the clothing district here that I haven't had a chance to check out yet, I figured that would be a great starting point for us?" Lily suggested, "Don't worry about buying stuff either, these stores can be really overpriced so we can just try things on!" Having spent time with Colette, Lily was aware her family's wealth was not a common trait for Jedi and didn't want to bankrupt a fellow Jedi over a shopping trip.

GADividerBlue.png

"O.. Kay?" Rahla smiled as warmly as she could, but it was clear she was confused at this point. Not buying stuff? Just trying on clothing? The young Jedi had never done anything like that before. Even now she was in the typical Jedi clothing. Simple, basic robes. But Lily seemed plenty excited and.. She took a breath before smiling more and nodding. This could be fun, yeah! Whatever this meant or was, she could have a lot of fun! Probably!

"Okay. Yeah! Let's do this!"

It seemed clear that the concept of window shopping, or looking at the different ranges of clothing was not an all too familiar concept for Rahla. Lily wasn't perturbed by this though and was confident that she could win the fellow Padawan over to her way of having fun in clothing stores. Leading the way, she hailed a taxi for them to take. "Is there any style or particular look you are wanting to check out?" Lily asked, curious what tastes Rahla had.

"For today, I'm going with the mindset of summery dresses and some bright colours. Maybe shades of blue? I find that best compliments my silvery eyes." Lily mentioned, hoping that mentioning her desires for the day would be a helpful example of what to aim for.

GADividerBlue.png

Rahla shrugged a little as they got into the taxi, her gaze drifting from Lily to out the window to watch the city below them. Right. Coruscant was massive. It always filled her with awe just how deep the city went. "I don't really know. I've never shopped for clothing, just wore what the Jedi gave me. I don't even know what would compliment my skin or my.. Eyes? How does a dress compliment your eyes?"

To say she was confused was an understatement. She figured clothing would indeed compliment skin color and such, but eyes? A dress didn't have head pieces usually. Unless they did. Oh, maybe now she was just making a fool of herself. She frowned a little, leaning her head on the window.

"Sorry. I'm not really good with um.. Fashion, I guess."

Enjoy the view of the city as the taxi drove along was always a fun opportunity. Lily was never unimpressed with how vast the city world was or how much the environment changed the deep into the city one went. Hearing Rahla's admission on her lack of knowledge on fashion and how it worked, Lily offered a warm smile. "Oh, it's never complicated. Some say that you must follow trends or be ahead of popular dress styles but the most important thing I will note is that you need to find clothing that you are comfortable in, colours you really like and ensuring you know when it is an appropriate style of outfit to wear."

Arriving at the first store, Lily stepped out, "complimenting eye colour, it works similar to skin tones. You choose an outfit that is similar to the colour of your eyes and the outfit should help them make them stand out more. However, it all depends on what you want the outfit to highlight or compliment. For some, it's eye colour, sometimes it is skin tone, for some it is highlighting their figure." Opening the door, she allowed Rahla to enter first.

The store looked to be a stylish, popular store to visit. Lily had intended to explore some of the bigger locations. "Anything you wanted to start with?"

GADividerBlue.png

Oh, that made sense. Kind of. Enough that Rahla could make some sense of how fashion worked. At the first store she looked around curiously, mostly at the various dresses and clothing she'd never bothered to look at before. Then, smiled a little. Which did she want to start with? She reached out, gently touching a pretty simple looking sundress. Blue, like her eyes.

"This, maybe?"

Lily was looking through some of the different sundress, assessing how they were fall on her figure, if the cut was too deep or not. Her mind was lost in the attempts to figure out which would be appropriate, too short for her liking or had a v neck that went too deep. While she was deep in her own thoughts, she barely heard Rahla ask for her opinion and she snapped back into reality and looked over to Rahla with a wide smile. "That looks great! Think the blue works with your eyes and headtails!" Lily mentioned.

Looking around, she noticed a changing room, "you could try it on over there if you wanted?" Lily suggested, thinking that it could be fun for them to try on the dresses as well.

"Definitely!" Lily stated, her excitement was clear. This was the best part, trying out the outfits. Especially since it gave insight into what you like and don't like.

Following Rahla, Lily continued to keep an eye out in case she spotted anything she liked but at the moment, there wasn't anything standing out too much. When Rahla stepped out, she clapped her hands together and gave a big grin.

"Oh! That looks great! Here, there's a mirror to take a look how it fits. I find it best to move around, see how it sways and strike a couple of poses. Then you can state what you like and dislike, if you have any dislikes." Lily nodded her head, "helps you figure out exactly what you want from an outfit."

GADividerBlue.png

"Poses? That's-" Embarrassing, mostly. But so far even just picking out a dress felt embarrassing. Or maybe it just made her nervous? Would she get it wrong, insult Lily, disappoint her. Annoy her. So many things that could possibly end this friendship before it even began. It's all she wanted right now was to make a friend. So.. She struck a pose. And then burst out into a laugh at just how silly she looked flexing her arms like she was a body builder.

"I mean- I'm not even sure what I like about it or dislike. It's all.. It's light, airy. Comforting, I guess?"

Lily watched as Rahla struck a pose that was not quite what she meant in terms of dresses but realised her error. Looking around, she spotted a dress that might be suitable for her to offer an example of how one should check their outfit in the mirror. "You look great but stay right there while I try this dress out and then I can show you what I mean!" Lily didn't want Rahla to think she had done anything wrong but was giving a chance to demonstrate what she normally did.

Selecting the dress, Lily entered the changing room and it took a few moments but she exited in the dress, she then stood in front of the mirror. "So, the usual poses I go for are along these lines." Lily did a curtsey with the dress to ensure it was not too short, she then sashayed her hips to check if the dress would flair inappropriate as she either dance or fought in the dress. "So, I am checking to see how it looks when I move about, perform any sudden movements or if the dress might be seen as too short. However this might be an issue more for someone with nobility backgrounds..."

Lily smiled nervously, she realised that she had to do a lot more thinking about than most when it came to her appearance.

GADividerBlue.png

Rahla nodded slowly as she watched Lily, listened. Like, really listened. Hell she even started to copy Lily just to see what she meant and just get into it. This was what shopping involved, so.. Why not, right? Despite all the nerves, she did let herself smile. Not even let, she just did. It was fun. Actually fun! Silly, but actually fun.

"You're planning to fight in these..?"

Watching Rahla copy her poses and try out the dress in different ways was fun to see. It reminded her of the times she would go shopping with her mother, it was one of the few times that her mother would be more relaxed and let her hair down, though the older Lily got the more judgemental her mother became about her outfit choices. Commenting that they were too short or the neckline was too deep. Stuff that frustrated Lily but was also stereotypical mother behaviour from what her friends on Eshan would complain about.

"Fight in this?" Lily thought about it, shifting around to some defensive stances to see, then shrugged her shoulders. "I suppose it depended on the situation, I don't think I would be looking to go fight in this but it wouldn't be a terrible dress to fight in."

"How about yours? Think you could fight in that?"

GADividerBlue.png

"When else would you make sudden movements if you're not fighting?" Dancing, maybe? But that didn't seem like sudden to Rahla. She held her chin, mulling it over for a moment before shrugging and looking back at herself. It was such a silly thing, being in a dress. And yet, it made her almost feel like a princess like in her stories.

Huh. Who knew she could smile like that.

"I probably could fight in this, yeah. I like it."

"If someone surprises you? Or if you are having to run around?" Lily pointed out, "I find it helps just to know what it looks like and how it fits." She smiled, this dress seemed great for herself, looking to Rahla, "dancing in clubs and such can be also sudden movements as well, though not sure I would go to a club wearing this. Probably better off with something a bit more club themed..." Lily trailed off thinking it was a whole other store for a dress like that and certainly couldn't take Rahla there for that.

Watching Rahla try out the different poses and conclude she could fight in it. "That's great! I could buy us these dresses and then we can check out some other clothes next if you like?"

Lily was still excited to do more clothes shopping now.

GADividerBlue.png

"I think I'm a little too young for clubbing, but that does sound fun!" The wonders of being a teenager. Still, she was still all smiles before she blinked in sheer surprise at the offer. Part of her wanted to say no, another part just wanted to say yes. She certainly couldn't buy it on her own. Once more the Padawan glanced to herself in the mirror before taking a breath. And smiled.

"No, there's no reason to buy it for me. I'll save up and get it when I can."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom