Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shop Talk: Making the racer/scout starship.

Aerin Kath

Sentinel of the Outback.
Kathol Outback space, The Gatekeeper's hangar.

"She's a beautiful ship, ain't she?" Aerin looks at his newest contact, a man who he'd uh- tried to save: one [member="John Shepherd"] . "Hope she'll end up better then your uh- last one you piloted, sorry about that by the way." Aerin is out of his duster and kneeling at a sensor panel of the new ship.

Aerin's droid buddies are also helping out quite a bit, Dumpster is tinkering with the engines and Matey is messing with the comms systems. Taf of course is probably on The Chickadee at the other end of the hangar.

Standing Looking at The Gatekeeper he sighed a little thinking about what happened to his custom ship, the Katana before [member="Aerin Kath"] snapped him out of it. "Yeah it's a beautiful looking ship, and It's alright least they're hopefully going to get me a new one, I don't mind loosing that old thing, she was good to me but required to much money to keep her going." He watched the droids run around working on the ship.

Standing behind Aerin looking at the progress they were making on it, thinking about his times in the Katana once more.

Aerin Kath

Sentinel of the Outback.
"Let's focus on the new mission, our target is Virgillia, right?" Aerin yanks the sensor panel off to look at it's guts and mulls over a bundle of wires inside the panel, hooking up the read-outs in a careful and practiced fashion. "Data capture and spy stuff, not exactly up my alley but I can try it out..." he looks back at Shepherd, " should I call you John, Shep, Captain Shepherd, or just Shepherd?"
Aerin smirks as he finds a small kink in one of the wires and turns back to get it out, then he notices a full on tangle in the wires and sighs while untangling the wire completely. "Black Dagger sounds kinda ominous, but stealthy, I like it."

[member="John Shepherd"]

Holds out a burst of laughter, Virgillia? Who named that one. Settling down a bit he nodded towards Aerin, "Yeah, according to the brass." Looks over a a console and starts running his hands over the keyboards looking at some of the programming that has gone into it. "Just call me Shepherd, and maybe, if I feel like it later, John." He gave a sly smile towards the man as he laughed a little about it nodding his head getting back to the console going through some of the stuff. Looking down at the man. Listening to Aerin as he mentions a name for the ship, "Black Dagger ey'? Sounds nice for what we got in store for this baby, it's like where sinking a smoke knife into their backs, sounds fitting."

[member="Aerin Kath"]

Aerin Kath

Sentinel of the Outback.
"Eh, we're just copying designs or something of the sort, not like we're going in blasters blazing." he chuckles at the joyous man, "you got a cig on you?" his bad habit has been getting a bit worse lately. He gets frustrated with a knot and takes his wire splicers to cut the knot out and reattach it seamlessly. " Or do you not uh- smoke?" he knew it was bad for him, but it was better than spice.

Matey, the little T3 droid, starts to mess with the intercom system in the ship which pops and beeps in binary about a testing of it.

[member="John Shepherd"]

His laugh abruptly ends at the mention of smoking. He sighed at the man, he hated people who smoked, it was terrible but I guess he would have to get to another friend with the terrible habit. "Yeah, I don't like to smoke, so no packs on me, sorry...." looks at him as he speaks then immediately back at the console his fingers still flying over the keys as he keeps typing looking through the programming. Looking over at the Chickadee, raising a brow slightly, "What happened to her?" he points over to the ship.

[member="Aerin Kath"]

Aerin Kath

Sentinel of the Outback.
" Eh, she's my baby, keepin' her safe in The Gatekeeper while we work on this pretty girl." He notices the other man get awkward over the mention of smoking, and gladly helps to change the subject from that certain subject, " She's where I make my speeders and help repair droids and other things." He finds another new knot in the mess of wires and such, " Taf is lurking about in there, he's a phrik plated droid and a bit of a grump, I'd suggest not to uh- go in there..." he fails to mention his living arrangements and that The Chickadee is also basically his home. "Customized her myself, bought her cheapish, bought the parts cheapish, and she still flies like a dream, her targeting computer is a bit out of wack and she is thin as a paper bag when it comes to armor, but she's my baby all the same, her hyperdrive fluctuates at about 1.8-1.7 when she's tinkered with," he pauses for a second, "Ahem, so how exactly is your Katana in comparison?"

[member="John Shepherd"]

Nodding as he listens glancing over at the ship looking it over his hands going a little slower as he isn't paying attention. "The Katana is custom from an old XS freighter I bought dirt cheap of some guy on Corellia. Added some new parts to her and customized her with some big guns and some fast engines. She's a fast thing for being so old but there's definitely faster, like this baby..." he says putting his hand on the ship looking at it. looking it up and down. "But it still has a hyperdrive of about 2 didn't need to upgrade it as I don't need it that bad, I use hyperdrive when I need it not when it's convenient, I like to see the planets so having a fast nimble thing makes hyperdrive only really for long distance travel that would take too long in her." He sighs remembering all the sights he has seen before getting back to lookingg through her programming.

[member="Aerin Kath"]

Aerin Kath

Sentinel of the Outback.
Aerin sighs and smiles, glad he found common ground with the other man, "Think the racer'll get us at least a sublight of 1.5 or 2?" his smile turns into a bit of a cocky half-smile as he puts the panel back on and moves to another one as the sensor panel blinks to life behind him. " Y'know, I kinda do something similar to what you do with your HD, I could just use the force to fix some of this stuff but I'd rather enjoy the experience and the pride of making and fixing things with my own two hands, at least at first." he brushes his hands on his pants as he finds another panel to tinker with, this time a panel hiding the coolant systems and energy transfer systems, "do me a favor, if your monitor dies or dims tell me so I can try and find an optimal way to connect the supply." he cracks his knuckles and takes out a hydrospanner from his belt.

[member="John Shepherd"]

Sighs softly, chuckling soft. "Well let's have that not happen or you might have a lot of code to rewrite if it feels like wiping, and yeah, I can feel the force but that's about it and I know what you mean I'm more of a do it with your hands and you get a lot more pride in what you've done, all the upgrades on the Katana I installed myself, it took a long time but the sweat and a little bit of blood was worth it for what I got out of her, she has done well for me for a long time." He smiles a little thinking about some of the trips he'd done in her and some of the missions he couldn't have done without that ship.

[member="Aerin Kath"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom