Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shokua

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbec1337

Ninja Dumpling
OOC Information

Intent: To be the native world of the Shakatan people.
tatooine.png

Source: http://swtor.wikia.com/wiki/Tatooine
"Tatooine; Star Wars: The Old Republic"

Canon: No

Links: N/A.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
General Information

Planet Name: Shokua.
Demonym: Shokuan.
Region: Outer Rim Territories.
System: Tatoo System.
Suns: Tatoo 1, and Tatoo 2.
Orbital Position: 5th Planet.
Moons: None.
System Features: Same as the Tatoo System.

Coordinates: 12-24.
Rotational Period: 22 hours.
Orbital Period: 300 days.

Major Imports: Slaves, Water, Weapons, Livestock.
Major Exports: Metals, Bantha, Weapons, Milk.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Geographic Information

Gravity: Standard.
Climate: Arid.
Primary Terrain: Oasis, Dry Plains, Mountains, and Deserts.
Major Locations:
  1. Shok'An, The Grand Coliseum: This large gladiatorial construct is a place where great spectacles are seen, where fates are woven, and where legends are doomed to die; This massive circular arena is where the greatest of tournaments are held, and where homage is paid to the reigning Emperor of Shokua, and naturally located in the center of Kartan City.
  2. Shokua Royal Palace: The grand palace in the desert mountains where the Emperor of Shokua lives and reigns from, also located near Kartan City.
  3. The City of Kartan: The largest city on Shokua, and central hub of activity on the planet.

Population

Native Species: Shakatan.
Immigrated Species: Banthas, and Humans.
Population: Sparsely Populated.
Demographics: Shokua is dominated by the Shakatan people, with a significantly lower population of human slaves.
Primary Languages: Shaka, and Galactic Basic.

Culture: Shokua is a world of tradition, and strength. It is ultimately ruled by the Shakatan Emperor of Shokua. The Shakatan are the rulers of the world, and the Humans there are subjugated servants of their respective Shakatan masters. The society of Shokua is dominated by the Shakatan men, and this society is one that respects strength; The weak are ruled by the strong, and this governs every aspect of life on Shokua. Most of Shokuan culture is experienced in the arenas, where the Shakatan males will compete against one another to be named tournament champion and receive prizes, and prestige. Shakatan females are seen as great prizes themselves, and are often fought over and used as prizes in tournaments to go to the tournament champion. Humans are used as servants, and sparring partners; They are slaves and as soon as they are born they are taught who their rightful rulers are, and tend to have a strong sense of loyalty to their Shakatan master.

Shakatan men are constantly butting heads with one another, always attempting to outdo another male to establish dominance. A Shakatan man is judged by the amount of wives he has, and how many slaves he owns; The more he has also means the more tournaments and contests he has won which means he is a force to be reckoned with. The wives of a Shakatan male serve their husband faithfully in whichever way he desires, also training alongside their husband but never competing in tournaments; The women also train the slaves as servants, and sparring partners.

Shokua is a place of strong people, and it is only natural that they would wish to compete against one another; and that they do. Small tournaments take place every week where the men will compete against their peers to be champion, these tournaments are generally one-on-one matches where the winner goes on to face another winner, and so on and so forth until there is a grand final. Much larger tournaments occur every month, and as such these are week-long affairs where the rules vary each time, but always demands a physical challenge be met. These sporting events can be lethal, and many men often die which is why there are many more Shakatan women, than men. The prizes at these tournaments can vary from Shakatan women, Human slaves, and Banthas.

Several times a year the Emperor himself holds the greatest of tournaments and contests at his own arena, Shok'An, The Grand Coliseum. This is not only the time for the boldest and bravest of Shakatan men to compete in glorious contests of strength, but it is also the time to pay homage to the Emperor of Shokua not only for the deeds of his ancestors, but for his immense strength and will, and his potential feats yet accomplished. Hundreds of young Shakatan males pledge themselves to the Emperor and to dedicate their lives in pursuit of such strength, Dozens of slaves are gifted to the Emperor to serve him until death, and the most prized Shakatan women are offered as tribute. This is the most celebrated and coveted event on the world.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government & Economy

Government: Absolute Hereditary Monarchy; Shokua is ruled with absolute authority by the royal family of Shokua, an ancient bloodline of strong Shakatan men who have a powerful and noble history filled with strength; These great Shakatan champions are seen as the embodiment of what a Shakatan male should be. Once the ruling Emperor passes away, the next Emperor of Shokua is elected through a tournament where only the princes of the royal family will be allowed to compete. These challenges are the most extreme, and grueling tests of strength and manhood that Shokua can muster; This strenuous process is designed to prove who the strongest is, and the winner is crowned Emperor and will then begin his undisputed rule until his natural death.

Affiliation: Independent.

Wealth: Low. Due to the inhabitants not having means of space travel, and the general customs and culture of the world, the overall wealthiness of the world would be considered low.

Stability: High. The strong have absolute dominion over the weak, and Shokua is a world where physical strength is the only merit that matters. The Emperor of Shokua has absolute dominion over the planet as he is viewed as the epitome of strength. Shokua is a world of physical trials, and combat sport; Offworlders are met with distrust and are seen as both a threat and a challenge.

Freedom and Oppression: The strong lord over the weak; and the Emperor of Shokua proves himself to be the strongest which means his word is absolute; he is viewed with both absolute fear, and absolute respect.

Military & Technology

Military: There is no official standing military on Shokua, though every man and woman are considered to be warriors in their own right. In times of great peril and crisis the Emperor will call upon them to stand with him in defense of their way of life, just as they did in older, and more dire times.

Technology: Medieval. They work with stone and iron, and some civilizations may even see them as primitive or barbaric.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

History ~

Shokua was discovered hundreds of years ago, and was quickly documented and given the nickname "The Gauntlet", due to the amount of tournaments held on the planet each year. The explorers who discovered the arid planet also brought Banthas with them which quickly adapted to the local climates due to some similarities with Tatooine. It didn't take long before the Hutts also discovered the Shakatan people, and their extremely powerful male combatants. Several Hutt clans took up residence on the desert planet, building small fortresses and began to enslave Shakatan females to attempt to blackmail the men into servitude; This caused a violent chain reaction to occur with the strongest Shakatan males fighting amongst themselves before the last one left standing was elected as the leader of the army that was formed, and they brutally killed the Hutts and enslaved their Human henchmen before freeing their women from captivity; The leader of this army went on to become the undisputed Emperor of Shokua, and this lead to Shokua's current form of government. The Hutt cartel once again returned to the world of Shokua many years later, and brought with them their strong Gamorreans and Nikto warriors to compete against the Shakatan champions in their tournaments. The Hutts once again failed to employ the Shakatan men and their immense strength, and their chosen champions had lost decisively, but were seen as honorable by Shokuan society; and the Hutts were encouraged to return a few times a year to compete in the tournaments with their chosen representatives..

The Gulag Virus

A Hutt Clan in an attempt to escape a deadly plague brought ruin to Shokua in the form of the Gulag Virus during the year 450 ABY, bringing death and destruction with them. Hundreds of settlements fell before the plague, hundreds of thousands of lives were lost and outsiders were forever more seen as an ill omen, and it took many centuries for the planet to stabilize.. the native inhabitants have never forgotten the terror that was the Gulag Plague, and pass down the stories from generation to generation to ensure that it is never truly forgotten. That only death comes from the stars above.

The Netherworld

In 844, during the Netherworld crisis, Shokua experienced devastating heat lightning that ravaged the ground and tore it asunder, the planet was slowly covered in thick smog and radiated energies from the Dark side of The Force... severely effecting the temperament of the population, sending thousands into a bloodthirsty frenzy... but not all were effected. Entire cities waged war from within, and the Emperor rallied what armies he could muster to defend Kartan City and the Royal Palace from rampaging hordes of Shakatans and Humans under the sway of the Dark Side... the sky itself was an inferno of color, the ground quaked and the planet was consumed with civil war... it destroyed itself from within. Then all at once and seemingly overnight, the sinister Force energies vanished... and those effected by it also disappeared.. and the Emperor was able to restore order. The events of The Netherworld brought the survivors closer together than ever before and with the efforts of the Emperor, his rule and that of his future spawn, were solidified even more.

jbec1337 said:
Major Imports: (When tradable) Water.
Desert planets have a good deal of resources such as precious metals, oil, and the necessary ingredients for various forms of alcohol. After all, if these gladiators are true to the term, I'm sure they enjoy some libation from time to time ;)

As always, I'll need a portion about the Gulag Plague and the Netherworld and how this impacted your planet.

jbec1337

Ninja Dumpling
[member="Reverance"]

No prob, I figured it was you lol. I will make the necessary changes tomorrow, just got off work and I am extremely tired

[member="jbec1337"]

This has been brought out of the archives for you to finish. You will need to update the template to the NEW planet template 2.0 which you can find in the planet forum.

jbec1337

Ninja Dumpling
Thank you! I will begin immediately :D

(edit) Alright I changed a lot of stuff around and moved a bunch of things to their rightful places, still not done yet but I've done the majority of the load; I believe I only need to do a few more things and then touch up on the History and it will be review ready.

Hello [member="jbec1337"] I'll be looking at your submission :) this shouldn't take too long as it's generally a well-written sub which matches the template. I particularly like your culture and history sections.

You image source isn't the original source of the image and is, in fact, a picture of Tatooine from The Old Republic. As it's important that we credit the original artists when possible, please change the source link.

The coordinates given don't match with how the galaxy map is made: there is no "R-16". The map (here) uses numbers on an X-Y axis. So, for example, the Silver Jedi capital of Voss is at the coordinates of (20,11).

I'm also curious over a few things like how slaves can be both an import and export. No problem if you can justify it economically, I'm just wondering. There's also that this planet has interacted with the wider galaxy with Humans and Hutts yet has no means of space travel? As a society, have they completely rejected the idea of exploring the stars? Because they should've been able to join the galactic community at that point regardless of their technological standing.

jbec1337 said:
and so on and so forth until their is a grand final
Minor typo in the third paragraph of your Culture section. No big deal but we like things neat and tidy :p

jbec1337

Ninja Dumpling
[member="Samka Derith"]

I had no idea about that, I just found a random planet! I made the fixes there and edited the typo in the third paragraph!

Changed the location coordinates.

The slaves being both an import/export was an editing mistake, and I fixed it! They weren't meant to be an export.

Yes! They have no desire to leave their world, and due to the history of their people, and their interactions with outsiders the "stars", are not viewed very highly and are quite content to remain where they are. So no, they have no desire to be apart of the galaxy in that regard - YET. I do have plans for them in the long run though once I get everything going.

[member="jbec1337"]

Great! Almost done, I'm just going to have to ask you change the hex the planet is in as the rules state:
1. Custom planets may only be added to the Outer Rim, Unknown Regions, and Wild Space within map hexes containing 3 or less planets
Basically there's too many planets already in that Hex and we don't want the map getting cramped. The hex just bellow it is free though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom